(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,016 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 101.
#4551 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I have one from the 2020 run. Great for a quick game of pinball.

Quoted from newpinbin:

Glad I got mine from the 2020 run. IM has to be one of the most enjoyable machines I have ever played.

yes, its pure adrenaline !

fast & punitive, even if you dont miss the shot (as for example, my war machine kickback often send the ball SDTM and not on the right flipper... need a short ball save there... Mr Lyman please)

#4552 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yes, its pure adrenaline !
fast & punitive, even if you dont miss the shot (as for example, my war machine kickback often send the ball SDTM and not on the right flipper... need a short ball save there... Mr Lyman please)

That happens to mine 1 out of 10 times.

#4553 2 years ago

I have owned IM since it first came out and my war machine has NEVER fired SDTM. I think you should be able to adjust it so that it doesn’t do that.

#4554 2 years ago

Agreed, mine has never went SDTM either. Make sure the game is level, and see if you can adjust the kickback power setting.

#4555 2 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Agreed, mine has never went SDTM either. Make sure the game is level, and see if you can adjust the kickback power setting.

no, its a SAM pinball... only settings are/should be for all coils : soft medium high
and game is level (left-right), may be slope is too much (flat in front, at the middle rear), this logically could indeed send the ball more in the middle than on the right

Quoted from PBFan:

I have owned IM since it first came out and my war machine has NEVER fired SDTM. I think you should be able to adjust it so that it doesn’t do that.

yep, but pin is from a friend, i will not fold rails myself...

#4556 2 years ago

Here is a shot during gameplay.

20210917_084835 (resized).jpg20210917_084835 (resized).jpg
#4557 2 years ago

I understand that the Ironman fast scoring mode can be built up when you are in the Ironman mode by hitting the Ironman targets for an additional 1k per hit for a maximum of 50k per hit. At the start of the mode it defaults to 10k per hit. How is this possible if this mode is timer based?
That would mean you would have to hit the Ironman targets 40 times over to reach the 50k per hit. And then once you build it up to the maximum 50k, you try to get it to the spinners or pops to cash in some big points. I am not sure if the best player in the world could do this, just spelling the Ironman targets twice for double scoring is a difficult chore, and that only takes 14 hits to the Ironman targets. What am I missing here?

#4558 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

I understand that the Ironman fast scoring mode can be built up when you are in the Ironman mode by hitting the Ironman targets for an additional 1k per hit for a maximum of 50k per hit. At the start of the mode it defaults to 10k per hit. How is this possible if this mode is timer based?
That would mean you would have to hit the Ironman targets 40 times over to reach the 50k per hit. And then once you build it up to the maximum 50k, you try to get it to the spinners or pops to cash in some big points. I am not sure if the best player in the world could do this, just spelling the Ironman targets twice for double scoring is a difficult chore, and that only takes 14 hits to the Ironman targets. What am I missing here?

with IRON MAN, even the best player in the world became casual !!!
but than, try to start the fast scoring before 1 (or more) multiball(s)
and of course, the MYSTERY which reset/add more time

#4559 2 years ago

From Rocket City Pinball

20210920_161838 (resized).jpg20210920_161838 (resized).jpg20210920_161857 (resized).jpg20210920_161857 (resized).jpg

#4560 2 years ago

I love the move at 8:35. I need to work on that.

#4561 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Death saves are illegal in competitive play so are really a waste of time to practice unless you are actively looking to hurt your wrists.

#4562 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Great move. Very easy to learn. Use it at the arcade.

#4563 2 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Death saves are illegal in competitive play so are really a waste of time to practice unless you are actively looking to hurt your wrists.

Quoted from newpinbin:

Great move. Very easy to learn. Use it at the arcade.

2 different perspectives. I just want to learn so I can. I'm never gonna be in to competitive play. I suck.

#4564 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Use it at the arcade.

but than pay attention at the owner... (lol)

#4565 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

but than pay attention at the owner... (lol)

I have never noticed any damage to the machine.

#4566 2 years ago

Fitted a LED colordmd yesterday, my other pins have the LCD version and are my go to version but after fitting this one I can see why people prefer them.
Colours really pop compared to LCD.

0FF42A6A-F6CA-4E64-8F90-33814D4BA11C (resized).jpeg0FF42A6A-F6CA-4E64-8F90-33814D4BA11C (resized).jpeg
#4567 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Fitted a LED colordmd yesterday, my other pins have the LCD version and are my go to version but after fitting this one I can see why people prefer them.
[quoted image]

I had the option of LED or LCD when I bought my game. You made the right choice. I really regret going with LCD.

#4568 2 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

I had the option of LED or LCD when I bought my game. You made the right choice. I really regret going with LCD.

The good news is you can move the LCD to another machine that it suits and fit an LED.

#4569 2 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Or sell the LCD?

Im sure people out there would consider buying if a small discount is applied.

If youre willing to ship I might even be swayed

#4570 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

[quoted image]

Where did you purchase that from? Looks great. Are you able to post some more photos?

#4571 2 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

The good news is you can move the LCD to another machine that it suits and fit an LED.

Quoted from Meegis:

Or sell the LCD?
Im sure people out there would consider buying if a small discount is applied.
If youre willing to ship I might even be swayed

You boys are right, and it’s definitely on my to do list. At that time I didn’t realize the selling point for LCD was the customization options. But I like my DMD’s to look traditional with dots, so LED is more my speed. Maybe if I had a Simpsons I would use the LCD with the “smoothing” option as it seems to fit that art style.

#4572 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Where did you purchase that from? Looks great. Are you able to post some more photos?

https://www.colordmd.com/

#4574 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Easy to install?

I put one in my Metallica without screwing it up, and I'm an idiot.
It's not bad. Follow the instructions. No soldering or anything. Plug and play.

#4575 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I was lucky, Vimtoman who sells mods sold it to me. Was in his Metallica which he sold. LED colordmd.

And to answer another question was very easy to install. Factory fit, just needed a clear screen protector which I had spare.
0A17F9BF-A7A3-4A13-8547-73E863C84757 (resized).jpeg0A17F9BF-A7A3-4A13-8547-73E863C84757 (resized).jpeg0BF4FD6E-80A8-4684-B139-C0CDF34C07D9 (resized).jpeg0BF4FD6E-80A8-4684-B139-C0CDF34C07D9 (resized).jpegC72A480A-90D1-4FDF-86E2-D5F2570BAD75 (resized).jpegC72A480A-90D1-4FDF-86E2-D5F2570BAD75 (resized).jpegF2778FD2-BAC0-4CD8-9943-07B0489B90CB (resized).jpegF2778FD2-BAC0-4CD8-9943-07B0489B90CB (resized).jpeg

#4576 2 years ago

Hey all, speaking of displays, I have a problem. While installing a LCD, I did a sloppy thing and plugged in the display ribbon cable backwards. When I turned the game on the ribbon cable fried. I shut it off immediately but ended up frying the cable and the main power fuse (at the j box) blew. I replaced both but I cannot get the game to boot. It looks like the power board is fine but I see no activity on the MPU board. There is no display (I put the original LED back), no sound and no start up. The playfield lights up, that's about it. It seems strange a data cable would fry.

I see L18 blinking on the power board. Anyone knows what that means? The led lights for the fuses and the voltage indicators are all lit, but the only other thing is the L18. Is there supposed to be other indicators lit?

So far, I checked the voltage coming in to the MPU and have proper voltage. I see no indication of any damage to either the power or MPU board. I am stuck to where to go from here. Any suggestions are appreciated!

#4577 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

So good to be back in the club.
Picked up a really nice example 1st Vault run and been tweaking it over the weekend. My phone takes horrible pics its not as rainbow puke as pictured.
Matching T molding in the metallic red looks great.
Working on a custom speaker panel and 2d translite next like I did with Stranger things but more subtle.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My man here inspired me to get the matching metallic/chrome red t-molding as well. I’ll share pics once installed.

E7527EDC-1960-4134-9ECD-7B74785DB1E6 (resized).jpegE7527EDC-1960-4134-9ECD-7B74785DB1E6 (resized).jpeg

#4578 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Anyone have the wiring schematics diagram for the flashers they could post on here?

Don't have the schematic, only the list of what color wire should go to each coil/flasher.

Coil List (resized).jpgCoil List (resized).jpg
#4579 2 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

My man here inspired me to get the matching metallic/chrome red t-molding as well. I’ll share pics once installed.
[quoted image]

Sharp looking game. Refinery edition?

#4580 2 years ago

Still not able to find magnet decals and monger decal. If anyone has any suggestions or knows where I can find them I really appreciate it!

Iron Man pinball for life!

#4581 2 years ago
Quoted from Letsgofishing40:

Still not able to find magnet decals and monger decal. If anyone has any suggestions or knows where I can find them I really appreciate it!
Iron Man pinball for life!

What magnet decals are you looking for?

#4582 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I was lucky, Vimtoman who sells mods sold it to me. Was in his Metallica which he sold. LED colordmd.
And to answer another question was very easy to install. Factory fit, just needed a clear screen protector which I had spare.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks really good. I'm sorry I got the LCD in mine. I only realized after one of my machines came with an LED how nice it was. Kinda sorry I bought 8 LCDs before I realized!

#4583 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Sharp looking game. Refinery edition?

Almost, haha. He did the red powdercoating and supplied the brass hardware, so it looks exactly like one without the official nameplate.

#4584 2 years ago

Looking beautiful....

#4585 2 years ago

For a machine that is heavy on spinners, does Ironman have a “super spinner” mode?

#4586 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

For a machine that is heavy on spinners, does Ironman have a “super spinner” mode?

no

#4587 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

all spinners are Super, but sadly it doesn't have a specific mode with that title.

#4588 2 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

all spinners are Super, but sadly it doesn't have a specific mode with that title.

indeed...

dont wanna say it, but than yes, if you can use them in fast scoring or to grow iron monger value, that's very fun to shoot them

#4589 2 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Quoted from RipleYYY:

indeed...
dont wanna say it, but than yes, if you can use them in fast scoring or to grow iron monger value, that's very fun to shoot them

Yes while playing my machine I noticed a heavier bass sound from the spinners when in “fast scoring” and monger mode. I like the fast scoring mode, I find it fun to play. But those shots to the Ironman targets are oh so dangerous! I love the dmd animations in this mode as well.
Now I have to work on getting this mode timer extended by collecting the shield targets before starting the Ironman mode to collect the mystery award which will most likely be “time extended “ but I find the shot to war machine the most difficult shot in the game for me.

#4590 2 years ago

And one of the most satisfying shot in pinball

#4591 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

That looks really good. I'm sorry I got the LCD in mine. I only realized after one of my machines came with an LED how nice it was. Kinda sorry I bought 8 LCDs before I realized!

That’s funny because I had bought about 8 LCD’s as well!
I’ve got an extra large pin2dmd led display and custom speaker panel coming for my STTNG similar size to CGC ones, should look pretty good.

#4592 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

That’s funny because I had bought about 8 LCD’s as well!
I’ve got an extra large pin2dmd led display and custom speaker panel coming for my STTNG similar size to CGC ones, should look pretty good.

What'd you do for the speaker panel there?

#4593 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

What'd you do for the speaker panel there?

A guy here is making them and reworked the art, uses 3” speakers. Will probably have to add a better speaker in the cab for a bit more bass but should sound ok still. I will be getting the first one as far as I’m aware for STTNG , it upscales the screen but hopefully there will be updates for higher res. I have seen his Creature one working and looks good.

#4594 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

A guy here is making them and reworked the art, uses 3” speakers. Will probably have to add a better speaker in the cab for a bit more bass but should sound ok still. I will be getting the first one as far as I’m aware for STTNG , it upscales the screen but hopefully there will be updates for higher res. I have seen his Creature one working and looks good.

Could you share their handle?

#4595 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Very interesting indeed. Would be interested as well.

#4596 2 years ago

A quick demo of my Iron Man. My favorite pinball

#4597 2 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

A quick demo of my Iron Man. My favorite pinball

Great colors. A game people of all skill levels can have a blast with. Mine will never leave.

1 week later
#4598 2 years ago

Could someone kindly show me the positions of each spinner in Ironman and how they are attached to the playfield/posts.
Thank you

#4599 2 years ago

Hooked on pinball has agreed to do a special run of 10 sets reactor pop bumper caps. Tilted81 and myself make 2. We need 8 more. Price $119 for the set. Will post a pic of them shortly. Who’s in?

#4600 2 years ago
Quoted from jfrank:

Hooked on pinball has agreed to do a special run of 10 sets reactor pop bumper caps. Tilted81 and myself make 2. We need 8 more. Price $119 for the set. Will post a pic of them shortly. Who’s in?

I would like to see the pics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.