(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_2 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_1 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_3 (resized).jpg

There are 5,008 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 101.
#4501 2 years ago

hi guys

SW just gone, i'm feeling that my next pin will be IM... long time on my wishlist, never conclude, may be this is the right time

talking about the VE, does owners of the last 2019 run are thinking that "big" magnets are a prob ?
i know already that most didnt like the MARK3 blue insert

#4502 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Did it work for you?

Nope. I downloaded to the usb as instructed but it doesnt load code. It makes a noise that it recognizes the usb but no update initiated.

#4503 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

hi guys
SW just gone, i'm feeling that my next pin will be IM... long time on my wishlist, never conclude, may be this is the right time
talking about the VE, does owners of the last 2019 run are thinking that "big" magnets are a prob ?
i know already that most didnt like the MARK3 blue insert

I like the magnets and mark 3 blue insert is fine. /shrug

#4504 2 years ago

FYI the update wipes your configuration and high scores. Probably stated before but I missed it.

#4505 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I like the magnets and mark 3 blue insert is fine. /shrug

I forget but does the mark 3 blue insert have some significance in the gameplay?

#4506 2 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Code with updated and added callouts : this is the working d/l link https://drive.google.com/file/d/196TiE_Rm5jkiWq5Bq26PJa6-naZerJOb/view?usp=sharing

libtech thank you for making the file available. Just wanting to confirm the file size is 28.3MB? Copy to the root directory of a USB stick and then update in the normal way?

#4507 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I forget but does the mark 3 blue insert have some significance in the gameplay?

yes, Lyman added something, i think its extra ball available at the left ramp !?
need to read the update list...

#4508 2 years ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

Nope. I downloaded to the usb as instructed but it doesnt load code. It makes a noise that it recognizes the usb but no update initiated.

I just installed it in mine and works fine.

#4509 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yes, Lyman added something, i think its extra ball available at the left ramp !?
need to read the update list...

Arc reactor bonus, must be collected at the center shot.

#4510 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I just installed it in mine and works fine.

Does it change any of the original code or does it just add to it?

#4511 2 years ago

I put my Iron Man Up for Sale.. It's on Pinside marketplace..

#4512 2 years ago

Yes sadly I've listed my beauty as well here in Australia...

20210830_151610 (resized).jpg20210830_151610 (resized).jpg20210830_151628 (resized).jpg20210830_151628 (resized).jpg20210830_151706 (resized).jpg20210830_151706 (resized).jpg20210830_153735 (resized).jpg20210830_153735 (resized).jpg
#4513 2 years ago

i've gone to check a IM VE (last run) i had interest in, but than i noticed main cab decals were bulling (the 3 sides !) as it happends on lots of KISS...

never seen that before on IM, and seems nobody reported this until now !?

#4514 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i noticed main cab decals were bulling (the 3 sides !)

"bulling", I'm not sure what that word is ment to be, could you describe it in a different way?

Did you mean bulging/protruding/swelling or stretched decals?

Quoted from KJS:

Yes sadly I've listed my beauty as well here in Australia...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

God damn those whips! Not willing to separate?

#4516 2 years ago

ahh. crinkled or creased perhaps.

Seems to happen when the bolt twists when it is tightened and there isn't a cutout around them.

This other thread talks about it in the context of near the legs so should be similar for the bolts too : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrinkling-decals-suggestions-to-repair

I had a tz with similar issues and all I did was remove the bolt, Gentle heat and smoothed it out. Pressed flat again and reinstalled bolts and was careful to not twist them again. IM has those gold reflective decals so im not 100% sure what any heat would do to them. You could try without any heat first and see if that helps.

#4517 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

You could try without any heat first and see if that helps.

... but than i didnt bought the pin, for this, and also the right ramp entry being (a little) broken

meanwhile a friend of mine should buy it anyway, will see all this than

#4518 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i've gone to check a IM VE (last run) i had interest in, but than i noticed main cab decals were bulling (the 3 sides !) as it happends on lots of KISS...
never seen that before on IM, and seems nobody reported this until now !?

It’s been mentioned in the past, during the initial VE run. I’m not sure if they changed anything on the latest run, but I’ve seen the wrinkling effect happen on all original VE’s. I’m a little OCD, but I guess not as bad as others, as I don’t even notice it anymore and the wrinkling is not worsening over time either.

#4519 2 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

It’s been mentioned in the past, during the initial VE run. I’m not sure if they changed anything on the latest run, but I’ve seen the wrinkling effect happen on all original VE’s. I’m a little OCD, but I guess not as bad as others, as I don’t even notice it anymore and the wrinkling is not worsening over time either.

I have the same issue on mine. Mine is later run. I tried a little heat and smooth it with a credit card and it only helped a little. Stern sent me a replacement front cab decal. Still waiting on the side cab decals. I'm likely going to replace my armor with the side rail that covers the buttons....this will solve the issue on the sides. The front issue is around the coin door.

#4520 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I have the same issue on mine. Mine is later run. I tried a little heat and smooth it with a credit card and it only helped a little. Stern sent me a replacement front cab decal. Still waiting on the side cab decals. I'm likely going to replace my armor with the side rail that covers the buttons....this will solve the issue on the sides. The front issue is around the coin door.

the one i've seen had this (as exposed above) mainly where screws did push/turn & enter the wood, but also around the flippers buttons & under the metal rails

#4521 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Added brass key lock, ordered a 7/8” lock, Amazon sent 9/16” but it worked fine with the flat bar catch piece as opposed to the 7/8” lock’s bended catch.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for sharing this. The silver lock always bothered me with everything around it being gold/brass. I couldn’t Powdercoat it so I didn’t think I had any other option.

This new lock completes the game. A little detail that no one will notice but me, but my OCD is finally happy.

Below is the before and after…

D85EEE23-02DE-400E-A074-F657CA431E91 (resized).jpegD85EEE23-02DE-400E-A074-F657CA431E91 (resized).jpegE9ED6FAA-3027-4708-A911-A7CBDE6AD18C (resized).jpegE9ED6FAA-3027-4708-A911-A7CBDE6AD18C (resized).jpeg3C110D8E-877A-4A89-B83E-16F1D0B24AFA (resized).jpeg3C110D8E-877A-4A89-B83E-16F1D0B24AFA (resized).jpeg9899DE19-FB7A-42FC-BFB6-8A938D37AEB3 (resized).jpeg9899DE19-FB7A-42FC-BFB6-8A938D37AEB3 (resized).jpeg
#4522 2 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Thank you for sharing this. The silver lock always bothered me with everything around it being gold/brass. I couldn’t Powdercoat it so I didn’t think I had any other option.
This new lock completes the game. A little detail that no one will notice but me, but my OCD is finally happy.
Below is the before and after…[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Glad someone else shares my attention to details! The silver lock always bugged me after I spent a pretty penny to have all the screws and bolts brass plated.

#4523 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Glad someone else shares my attention to details! The silver lock always bugged me after I spent a pretty penny to have all the screws and bolts brass plated.

I hear that! I even replaced the silver shooter spring with a brass one. The lock was literally the last piece left that wasn’t red/brass.

#4524 2 years ago

I know it’s a long shot, but anyone have the stainless stark industries topper they wanna get rid of?

#4525 2 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Code with updated and added callouts : this is the working d/l link https://drive.google.com/file/d/196TiE_Rm5jkiWq5Bq26PJa6-naZerJOb/view?usp=sharing

Is there a video out there somewhere that shows all of these additions? I searched the “Tube of You’s” and didn’t find anything. I’m still on the fence about buying one of these, and I feel like seeing the version with the updated songs and callouts might be just the little push that I need. Cheers!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4526 2 years ago

a new friend is in the garage...
but than will not last long as it not "mine", but just friendly dropped for a moment (who knows what this last word could means !? lol)

IMG_20210914_205327_338 (resized).jpgIMG_20210914_205327_338 (resized).jpg

#4527 2 years ago

When you spell monger the center shot needs to flash to indicate you can raise the monger. My flasher is not flashing. It just turns on solid and stays lit. When I run a diagnostics I am able to manually make the flasher flash each time. Does anyone know why during gameplay the flasher stays solid once it is activated? I have changed the flasher bulb 3 times already and it has not helped.

#4528 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

When you spell monger the center shot needs to flash to indicate you can raise the monger. My flasher is not flashing. It just turns on solid and stays lit. When I run a diagnostics I am able to manually make the flasher flash each time. Does anyone know why during gameplay the flasher stays solid once it is activated? I have changed the flasher bulb 3 times already and it has not helped.

I do not believe that is the case. Monger can be set to "easy" where any orbit will bring him up once qualified or "hard" where only the center orbit will bring him up. I am not aware of anything in the code that is meant to flash those inserts once he is qualified. I have my game set up with "hard" Monger so I have more control of when he enters the playfield.

#4529 2 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

I do not believe that is the case. Monger can be set to "easy" where any orbit will bring him up once qualified or "hard" where only the center orbit will bring him up. I am not aware of anything in the code that is meant to flash those inserts once he is qualified. I have my game set up with "hard" Monger so I have more control of when he enters the playfield.

I have mine on hard as well which requires the center monger shot to make him rise. That center shot has two lights one being a flasher bulb. Once you spell monger this flasher will continuously flash to indicate that you need to make the center shot to rise the monger. For an unknown reason my flasher will just stay solid and not flash at that time.

#4530 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I have mine on hard as well which requires the center monger shot to make him rise. That center shot has two lights one being a flasher bulb. Once you spell monger this flasher will continuously flash to indicate that you need to make the center shot to rise the monger. For an unknown reason my flasher will just stay solid and not flash at that time.

I like this. I'm going to make this change.

#4531 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I like this. I'm going to make this change.

Also change your whiplash flashers (there are 2 of them) to the blue ones. Makes a huge difference.

#4532 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

For what it's worth, my game has never done that. Can anyone else post video of this flasher effect happening?

#4533 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Also change your whiplash flashers (there are 2 of them) to the blue ones. Makes a huge difference.

Anyway you can capture that?

#4534 2 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

For what it's worth, my game has never done that. Can anyone else post video of this flasher effect happening?

at 10:12 you will see the center shot flasher on

#4535 2 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Check in diagnostics (flashers) to see if your flasher works. It may be burnt out.

#4536 2 years ago

Photo does not do this justice. But these are the blue flashers installed on whiplash. I took the pic in test mode so all the playfield lights remained on. During gameplay all white lights turn off when the target is struck leaving the blue flashers on. Makes a huge difference compared to the standard white flashers.

20210916_092132 (resized).jpg20210916_092132 (resized).jpg
#4537 2 years ago

Anyone have the wiring schematics diagram for the flashers they could post on here?

#4538 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Photo does not do this justice. But these are the blue flashers installed on whiplash. I took the pic in test mode so all the playfield lights remained on. During gameplay all white lights turn off when the target is struck leaving the blue flashers on. Makes a huge difference compared to the standard white flashers.
[quoted image]

Sick, need to add that to my Comet order I’m putting together.

These will work, right?

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/8smd-flashers

#4539 2 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Sick, need to add that to my Comet order I’m putting together.
These will work, right?
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/8smd-flashers

Those are the exact ones I used. You need the bayonet style for the flashers. I also changed the two flashers under the Iron Monger to blue as well.

#4540 2 years ago

These are the colors I chose for the display lighting. In my opinion adding tasteful color to this basically white light only playfield made an enormous difference is the satisfaction I have for this machine. Adding the blue flashers made it that much better.

20210916_094028 (resized).jpg20210916_094028 (resized).jpg20210916_094036 (resized).jpg20210916_094036 (resized).jpg20210916_094048 (resized).jpg20210916_094048 (resized).jpg
#4541 2 years ago

Appreciate you confirming and the pics too. Thanks, it does look great!

#4542 2 years ago

12 news posts in few houres !!!???
was really thinking that a new code was just dropped...

#4543 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

at 10:12 you will see the center shot flasher on

Yes, when Jericho is ready not when Monger is ready. Does your flasher fire when you qualify Jericho?

#4544 2 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Yes, when Jericho is ready not when Monger is ready. Does your flasher fire when you qualify Jericho?

Mine is messed up. It is supposed to flash when the Monger is ready.

#4545 2 years ago

Watch 7:32 monger light flashes letting the player know to shoot the middle to raise the IM.

#4546 2 years ago

For those of you not seeing this on your machine the flasher is either burnt out or you don't have the monger set on hard. On the hard setting the only way to raise him is via the middle monger shot.

#4547 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

a new friend is in the garage...
but than will not last long as it not "mine", but just friendly dropped for a moment (who knows what this last word could means !? lol)
[quoted image]

Looks like you have the VE made in 2020. I heard they made around 50 of these to send to Europe. I think the other 50 made in 2020 ended up in the USA. Has anyone else heard this?

#4548 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Looks like you have the VE made in 2020. I heard they made around 50 of these to send to Europe. I think the other 50 made in 2020 ended up in the USA. Has anyone else heard this?

yep, that's the last run
and you may be right about the numbers, i think this has been already talked here

#4549 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yep, that's the last run
and you may be right about the numbers, i think this has been already talked here

Glad I got mine from the 2020 run. IM has to be one of the most enjoyable machines I have ever played.

#4550 2 years ago

I have one from the 2020 run. Great for a quick game of pinball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
There are 5,008 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/91?hl=glpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.