(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,018 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 101.
#4451 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Yes to start button. I'm using these new ones on all my custom restos now as they are a much nicer finish.
The original one was a bit mangy around the recess edges.

Thanks for the reply, I take it you had to modify the cabinet to fit the Spike2 button?

100% agree they look and feel much better than the older buttons.

#4452 2 years ago

Yes I made a position template up and a nice thin kerf 40mm holesaw from the front to set depth.

#4453 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Have you modded the start button? I’ve seen a lot of vaults but never one with the new style spike 2 button.

Mine has the large start button.

#4454 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Yes I have lit up up chest/eyes on War machine, Chest/Eyes and independant hnads on Iron man. Chest only on whiplash. Just waiting for some 3mm led strip to arrive to mod the whips. I pulled them apart and removed the factory lighting and added all non ghosting modified leds.
They are all 1/6 scale hot toys models...you need to hunt around for used ones or a sale as they are pretty expensive..but wow they look amazing in game play.[quoted image][quoted image]

They look amazing, but what are you doing to protect from airballs? Or are they made out of some sort of tough resin? They look way to fragile to be able to take a hit. And it's pinball...a fast crazy one at that...airballs happen. They look great though!

#4455 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Really like what you've added, always thought IM looked a little bare in that department.
Wouldn't el wire look better for the whips? (cause its thin) The discrete led's in the strips would be visible along the rope unless you're hiding it inside something to diffuse it or are you looking to use addressable ones and add something a bit more crazy to it?

The whips are so nicely detailed it

Quoted from KJS:

Yes to start button. I'm using these new ones on all my custom restos now as they are a much nicer finish.
The original one was a bit mangy around the recess edges.
Hi Koops. El wire would be ideal but it's never bright enough imo. Have tried a few types.
Yes going to diffuse the mini strip I've ordered.

i too never had any luck making el wire bright enough to compete with the other led lights on the playfield. i did my whips with fiber optic , brighter than el but not super bright. it will be interesting what you come up with the led strips , they seem like it would be too bulky but perhaps you plan to use them in a way i do not imagine.

i was thinking maybe some microleds along the length of the yellow" electricity" but that may look too twinkly and a challenge to hide the wiring

#4456 2 years ago

I have just updated to 1.86 custom with black sabbath at game over and other tracks that I found on here, not into the other tracks.
Looking for the one with ac/dc and black sabbath for a vault if anyone knows of a link, looked but can’t find one.
Also just got my best score, not sure how good it is though as not long had the machine.

B005D54B-4B05-4922-B34C-3CAC38B0FC9E (resized).jpegB005D54B-4B05-4922-B34C-3CAC38B0FC9E (resized).jpeg
#4457 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I have just updated to 1.86 custom with black sabbath at game over and other tracks that I found on here, not into the other tracks.
Looking for the one with ac/dc and black sabbath for a vault if anyone knows of a link, looked but can’t find one.
Also just got my best score, not sure how good it is though as not long had the machine.[quoted image]

I think that you are looking for the teddyb version. PM me, I just went through a good bit to get it and I have it.

#4458 2 years ago

So are the 3 screws on the monger lid any kind of adjustment or are they just an attachment? I can't get the damned thing to sit flush. It's lower in the front no matter what I do (tried bending it) and higher on the left side even with the left side set screw not touching the bracket when it's all the way down.

#4459 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

I think that you are looking for the teddyb version. PM me, I just went through a good bit to get it and I have it.

Thanks Dino for digging it out for me, really nice of you

#4460 2 years ago

Hi! Looking for full set of plastics, or spare parts. Let me know if you have something for sale.

#4461 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

So are the 3 screws on the monger lid any kind of adjustment or are they just an attachment? I can't get the damned thing to sit flush. It's lower in the front no matter what I do (tried bending it) and higher on the left side even with the left side set screw not touching the bracket when it's all the way down.

the adjustment is underneath, there is a 2x screw "stops" on the bottom.

there is a plastic bracket mounted to the bottom of the Monger bottom plate, it look for missing screws.

otherwise the entire unit might be worn out on the slides making it sit lop sided

#4462 2 years ago
20210529_143845 (resized).jpg20210529_143845 (resized).jpg
#4463 2 years ago

LARGE START BUTTON

#4464 2 years ago

Looks like they did it on the new run of vaults which is nice. No idea why they chose green though....

No airball damage to figures yet, couple of hits but all OK. Resin based plus joints will pull apart on a large impact. I was going to hot glue them in but decided to leave it.

My game came loaded with the above mix..so thanks to whoever did it it has a lot of cool callouts.
I still would love to tweak some tunes further, need to get onto pinball browser...but at the moment my music time is all devoted to my pinsound T2 and Jaws remixing.....takes forever!

#4465 2 years ago

Led strip showed up a lot quicker than I thought.
Loving the results!

#4466 2 years ago

If anyone has a spare back plastic (the big one with Iron Man and missiles that the ramps go through) please PM me.

#4467 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Loving the results!

wow!

ps: it just clicked for me who you are! *slaps forehead* I should have known it would look fantastic!

#4468 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Loving the results!

looks awesome! if possible please post a closer pic of how you have them mounted on the whips .

#4469 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Loving the results!

Looks amazing! Where to buy?

#4470 2 years ago

So the figure is 1/6 scale hot toys, modified with my antighosting led in the chest. You have to hunt around to find one at a reasonable price.

Whips I used 12v strip in 4mm width. I used a 300mm cable tie with ends snipped off as the backing profile then just discreetly as possible I attached the strip behind the main sections of the whips with small ties.
Teed together and piggy backed off one of the flashers under the playfield.

Total cost about $12 for the mod.

Not everyone's cup of tea but I am stoked how it all worked out. So good in game play.

Here is a pic power off.

received_533746700972827 (resized).jpegreceived_533746700972827 (resized).jpeg
#4471 2 years ago

well done! , i have a limited attention span so i am all for bright shiny objects for my IM.

another way to do the whips would be to use 3mm cob led strip , it looks more like cable and less like a led strip

#4472 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Loving the results!

What type of led strips did you use?

Also remove the flashers from below, IMO it looks better without them so just the whips light up.

Cheers.

1 week later
#4473 2 years ago

Added a sub yesterday, insane bass line

68CAD673-83A1-40D6-8EC3-0D1ADF569E5F (resized).jpeg68CAD673-83A1-40D6-8EC3-0D1ADF569E5F (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#4474 2 years ago

What are the options for a new owner in relation to the modified versions of the 1.86 code? From what I've read there are several different ones with alternate music packages. Interested to know what exactly is out there, thanks.

#4475 2 years ago

Just watched Iron Man for the first time. Now I can relate to the callouts and features it has to offer. Seeing the movie made me realize and appreciate the numerous hours of effort, skill and talent which went into making this amazing game. Will have to watch Iron Man 2 tomorrow. Only improvement in the game would have been an AC/DC sound track.

#4476 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Just watched Iron Man for the first time. Now I can relate to the callouts and features it has to offer. Seeing the movie made me realize and appreciate the numerous hours of effort, skill and talent which went into making this amazing game. Will have to watch Iron Man 2 tomorrow. Only improvement in the game would have been an AC/DC sound track.

wow ... well there is a good 10 years and an entire franchise of ironman related movies to watch then!

#4477 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

wow ... well there is a good 10 years and an entire franchise of ironman related movies to watch then!

Just ordered Disney plus.

#4478 2 years ago

OK I am in the club with a new vault edition. Crazy these puppies are still available new. Anyway.....ColorDMD ordered. Shaker next. How do I get the AC/DC code? I searched here and didn't see any working links.

#4479 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

OK I am in the club with a new vault edition. Crazy these puppies are still available new. Anyway.....ColorDMD ordered. Shaker next. How do I get the AC/DC code? I searched here and didn't see any working links.

Does yours have the large start button?

#4480 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Small button.

#4481 2 years ago

What is your build date?

#4482 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

What is your build date?

2/28/2020

#4483 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

How do I get the AC/DC code? I searched here and didn't see any working links.

Yes, me too please.

#4484 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

What does a large or small start button signify? Mine has large, may 2020.

#4485 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

What does a large or small start button signify? Mine has large, may 2020.

I think build date. The ones with the large button have the real plywood on the bottom of the cab.

#4486 2 years ago

I installed service rails. They changed the playfield as mine didn't come with the pre drilled holes at the front.....I had to drill through the playfield under the apron which really didn't feel right! But its so much better with the rails vs what it came with.

#4487 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I installed service rails. They changed the playfield as mine didn't come with the pre drilled holes at the front.....I had to drill through the playfield under the apron which really didn't feel right! But its so much better with the rails vs what it came with.

Yeah I did that too. Way way better.

2 weeks later
#4488 2 years ago

Looking for an Iron Man plastics set, feel free to PM me if you have one, does not need to be complete, thanks.

#4489 2 years ago

Code with updated and added callouts : this is the working d/l link https://drive.google.com/file/d/196TiE_Rm5jkiWq5Bq26PJa6-naZerJOb/view?usp=sharing

#4490 2 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Code with updated and added callouts : this is the working d/l link https://drive.google.com/file/d/196TiE_Rm5jkiWq5Bq26PJa6-naZerJOb/view?usp=sharing

Sounds good, please tell us more. Is there a list of changes? Same music as the original code?

#4491 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Sounds good, please tell us more. Is there a list of changes? Same music as the original code?

Yea I uploaded it a while back but was told my link wasnt working so double checked! here are the changes:
Final update (not that anyone cares lol) fixed a few sounds I didnt like

Features:
-Shoot to thrill for WMM
-Daft Punk for Whiplash multiball
-Sabbath for ending
-Added ~20 callouts

#4492 2 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Yea I uploaded it a while back but was told my link wasnt working so double checked! here are the changes:
Features:
-Shoot to thrill for WMM
-Sabbath for ending
-Added ~20 callouts

Excellent. Thank you for your effort. I will download it soon.

#4493 2 years ago

If anyone has an extra back panel plastic (iron man flying with missiles behind him) and are willing to sell it, please let me know. Thanks.

#4494 2 years ago

inspired by jakusu , i did over the whips on whiplash and his base . the whip lighting is super bright and is a perfect effect at the start of whiplash multiball that he is getting ready to mess you up.!

20210816_204340 (1) (resized).jpg20210816_204340 (1) (resized).jpg

#4495 2 years ago

Hello,

Could someone be so kind as to please post a pic of the Solenoid table from the manual? The manuals on Stern's website seem to be missing this info.

Thanks,

Rob

#4496 2 years ago

20210819_192053 (resized).jpg20210819_192053 (resized).jpg,I assume you mean this?

#4497 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I assume you mean this?

Yes Sir, you are awesome! Thanks!

Rob

#4498 2 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Features:
-Shoot to thrill for WMM
-Sabbath for ending
-Added ~20 callouts

This seems super legit and I’d had been looking for this code for awhile. Can someone pm the trick to install? Thanks!

#4499 2 years ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

This seems super legit and I’d had been looking for this code for awhile. Can someone pm the trick to install? Thanks!

No trick really. Download the file to a usb, load the code to the machine as if you would any other code update.

#4500 2 years ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

Did it work for you?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/90?hl=vbobrusev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.