(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,487 posts
  • 383 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by glpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 128 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

68CAD673-83A1-40D6-8EC3-0D1ADF569E5F (resized).jpeg
received_533746700972827 (resized).jpeg
20210529_143845 (resized).jpg
B005D54B-4B05-4922-B34C-3CAC38B0FC9E (resized).jpeg
20210606_073312 (resized).jpg
20210606_073256 (resized).jpg
20210605_080150 (resized).jpg
received_395486958379003 (resized).jpeg
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1622190824877_6803961465544943950 (resized).jpeg
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1622087234523_6803526976111193007 (resized).jpeg
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1622271411007_6804299468274145698 (resized).jpeg
20210529_144027 (resized).jpg
3AD37391-0947-429E-A53B-0F273AB07856 (resized).jpeg
9B268FA3-CAC9-46E3-89C2-4D828539F2C7 (resized).jpeg
20210521_092112 (resized).jpg
20210522_212017 (resized).jpg

There are 4487 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 90.
#4451 56 days ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

Yes to start button. I'm using these new ones on all my custom restos now as they are a much nicer finish.
The original one was a bit mangy around the recess edges.

Thanks for the reply, I take it you had to modify the cabinet to fit the Spike2 button?

100% agree they look and feel much better than the older buttons.

#4452 56 days ago

Yes I made a position template up and a nice thin kerf 40mm holesaw from the front to set depth.

#4453 56 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Have you modded the start button? I’ve seen a lot of vaults but never one with the new style spike 2 button.

Mine has the large start button.

#4454 55 days ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

Yes I have lit up up chest/eyes on War machine, Chest/Eyes and independant hnads on Iron man. Chest only on whiplash. Just waiting for some 3mm led strip to arrive to mod the whips. I pulled them apart and removed the factory lighting and added all non ghosting modified leds.
They are all 1/6 scale hot toys models...you need to hunt around for used ones or a sale as they are pretty expensive..but wow they look amazing in game play.[quoted image][quoted image]

They look amazing, but what are you doing to protect from airballs? Or are they made out of some sort of tough resin? They look way to fragile to be able to take a hit. And it's pinball...a fast crazy one at that...airballs happen. They look great though!

#4455 55 days ago
Quoted from koops:

Really like what you've added, always thought IM looked a little bare in that department.
Wouldn't el wire look better for the whips? (cause its thin) The discrete led's in the strips would be visible along the rope unless you're hiding it inside something to diffuse it or are you looking to use addressable ones and add something a bit more crazy to it?

The whips are so nicely detailed it

Quoted from Jakusu:

Yes to start button. I'm using these new ones on all my custom restos now as they are a much nicer finish.
The original one was a bit mangy around the recess edges.
Hi Koops. El wire would be ideal but it's never bright enough imo. Have tried a few types.
Yes going to diffuse the mini strip I've ordered.

i too never had any luck making el wire bright enough to compete with the other led lights on the playfield. i did my whips with fiber optic , brighter than el but not super bright. it will be interesting what you come up with the led strips , they seem like it would be too bulky but perhaps you plan to use them in a way i do not imagine.

i was thinking maybe some microleds along the length of the yellow" electricity" but that may look too twinkly and a challenge to hide the wiring

#4456 55 days ago

I have just updated to 1.86 custom with black sabbath at game over and other tracks that I found on here, not into the other tracks.
Looking for the one with ac/dc and black sabbath for a vault if anyone knows of a link, looked but can’t find one.
Also just got my best score, not sure how good it is though as not long had the machine.

B005D54B-4B05-4922-B34C-3CAC38B0FC9E (resized).jpeg
#4457 55 days ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I have just updated to 1.86 custom with black sabbath at game over and other tracks that I found on here, not into the other tracks.
Looking for the one with ac/dc and black sabbath for a vault if anyone knows of a link, looked but can’t find one.
Also just got my best score, not sure how good it is though as not long had the machine.[quoted image]

I think that you are looking for the teddyb version. PM me, I just went through a good bit to get it and I have it.

#4458 55 days ago

So are the 3 screws on the monger lid any kind of adjustment or are they just an attachment? I can't get the damned thing to sit flush. It's lower in the front no matter what I do (tried bending it) and higher on the left side even with the left side set screw not touching the bracket when it's all the way down.

#4459 55 days ago
Quoted from dinot:

I think that you are looking for the teddyb version. PM me, I just went through a good bit to get it and I have it.

Thanks Dino for digging it out for me, really nice of you

#4460 55 days ago

Hi! Looking for full set of plastics, or spare parts. Let me know if you have something for sale.

#4461 55 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

So are the 3 screws on the monger lid any kind of adjustment or are they just an attachment? I can't get the damned thing to sit flush. It's lower in the front no matter what I do (tried bending it) and higher on the left side even with the left side set screw not touching the bracket when it's all the way down.

the adjustment is underneath, there is a 2x screw "stops" on the bottom.

there is a plastic bracket mounted to the bottom of the Monger bottom plate, it look for missing screws.

otherwise the entire unit might be worn out on the slides making it sit lop sided

#4462 55 days ago
20210529_143845 (resized).jpg
#4463 55 days ago

LARGE START BUTTON

#4464 55 days ago

Looks like they did it on the new run of vaults which is nice. No idea why they chose green though....

No airball damage to figures yet, couple of hits but all OK. Resin based plus joints will pull apart on a large impact. I was going to hot glue them in but decided to leave it.

My game came loaded with the above mix..so thanks to whoever did it it has a lot of cool callouts.
I still would love to tweak some tunes further, need to get onto pinball browser...but at the moment my music time is all devoted to my pinsound T2 and Jaws remixing.....takes forever!

#4465 54 days ago

Led strip showed up a lot quicker than I thought.
Loving the results!

#4466 54 days ago

If anyone has a spare back plastic (the big one with Iron Man and missiles that the ramps go through) please PM me.

#4467 54 days ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

Loving the results!

wow!

ps: it just clicked for me who you are! *slaps forehead* I should have known it would look fantastic!

#4468 54 days ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

Loving the results!

looks awesome! if possible please post a closer pic of how you have them mounted on the whips .

#4469 54 days ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

Loving the results!

Looks amazing! Where to buy?

#4470 54 days ago

So the figure is 1/6 scale hot toys, modified with my antighosting led in the chest. You have to hunt around to find one at a reasonable price.

Whips I used 12v strip in 4mm width. I used a 300mm cable tie with ends snipped off as the backing profile then just discreetly as possible I attached the strip behind the main sections of the whips with small ties.
Teed together and piggy backed off one of the flashers under the playfield.

Total cost about $12 for the mod.

Not everyone's cup of tea but I am stoked how it all worked out. So good in game play.

Here is a pic power off.

received_533746700972827 (resized).jpeg
#4471 53 days ago

well done! , i have a limited attention span so i am all for bright shiny objects for my IM.

another way to do the whips would be to use 3mm cob led strip , it looks more like cable and less like a led strip

#4472 47 days ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

Loving the results!

What type of led strips did you use?

Also remove the flashers from below, IMO it looks better without them so just the whips light up.

Cheers.

1 week later
#4473 39 days ago

Added a sub yesterday, insane bass line

68CAD673-83A1-40D6-8EC3-0D1ADF569E5F (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#4474 16 days ago

What are the options for a new owner in relation to the modified versions of the 1.86 code? From what I've read there are several different ones with alternate music packages. Interested to know what exactly is out there, thanks.

#4475 16 days ago

Just watched Iron Man for the first time. Now I can relate to the callouts and features it has to offer. Seeing the movie made me realize and appreciate the numerous hours of effort, skill and talent which went into making this amazing game. Will have to watch Iron Man 2 tomorrow. Only improvement in the game would have been an AC/DC sound track.

#4476 15 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Just watched Iron Man for the first time. Now I can relate to the callouts and features it has to offer. Seeing the movie made me realize and appreciate the numerous hours of effort, skill and talent which went into making this amazing game. Will have to watch Iron Man 2 tomorrow. Only improvement in the game would have been an AC/DC sound track.

wow ... well there is a good 10 years and an entire franchise of ironman related movies to watch then!

#4477 15 days ago
Quoted from koops:

wow ... well there is a good 10 years and an entire franchise of ironman related movies to watch then!

Just ordered Disney plus.

#4478 11 days ago

OK I am in the club with a new vault edition. Crazy these puppies are still available new. Anyway.....ColorDMD ordered. Shaker next. How do I get the AC/DC code? I searched here and didn't see any working links.

#4479 11 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

OK I am in the club with a new vault edition. Crazy these puppies are still available new. Anyway.....ColorDMD ordered. Shaker next. How do I get the AC/DC code? I searched here and didn't see any working links.

Does yours have the large start button?

#4480 11 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Small button.

#4481 11 days ago

What is your build date?

#4482 11 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

What is your build date?

2/28/2020

#4483 10 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

How do I get the AC/DC code? I searched here and didn't see any working links.

Yes, me too please.

#4484 10 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

What does a large or small start button signify? Mine has large, may 2020.

#4485 10 days ago
Quoted from glpinball:

What does a large or small start button signify? Mine has large, may 2020.

I think build date. The ones with the large button have the real plywood on the bottom of the cab.

#4486 7 days ago

I installed service rails. They changed the playfield as mine didn't come with the pre drilled holes at the front.....I had to drill through the playfield under the apron which really didn't feel right! But its so much better with the rails vs what it came with.

#4487 7 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

I installed service rails. They changed the playfield as mine didn't come with the pre drilled holes at the front.....I had to drill through the playfield under the apron which really didn't feel right! But its so much better with the rails vs what it came with.

Yeah I did that too. Way way better.

There are 4487 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 90.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside