(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_2 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_1 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_3 (resized).jpg

There are 5,008 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 101.
#4351 3 years ago

Back in the club! I had an IMVE when they first came out...now I own a fantastic looking original run that has been featured in this thread before...
This game is such an ass kicker, I love it...

20210320_193410 (resized).jpg20210320_193410 (resized).jpg20210320_200230 (resized).jpg20210320_200230 (resized).jpg
#4352 3 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Back in the club! I had an IMVE when they first came out...now I own a fantastic looking original run that has been featured in this thread before...
This game is such an ass kicker, I love it...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks familiar.

I hereby hand over the reigns as the OP to Cosmo!

Seriously, I am very glad to know that my IM has gone to a great home.

#4353 3 years ago

Anyone know the maximum value for Bogey ramps? I just hit 25MIL and I was hearing and seeing clips I've never experienced in 10 years. It seemed I "completed" the mode, if that is even a thing.

I am running older code, because as I've posted before I think the Jericho/Monger multiball stack is awesome and I prefer DoD at 50MIL.

Thanks for reading

#4354 3 years ago

My 80 year old father getting kicked in the nuts by the iron monger...

20210327_085332 (resized).jpg20210327_085332 (resized).jpg
#4355 3 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

My 80 year old father getting kicked in the nuts by the iron monger...

my father in law, 84, beaten by Inga !!!

20021701 (resized).jpg20021701 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#4356 2 years ago

So what shade of red shooter plate do you think is better? Lighter or darker red? These are great from pinsider MR_TANTRUM

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-shooter-plate-for-select-stern-pins

9095E638-6482-433B-B3B0-DF9971D9FB01 (resized).jpeg9095E638-6482-433B-B3B0-DF9971D9FB01 (resized).jpeg97718889-6045-4D4D-97B8-497DA1E74F4F (resized).jpeg97718889-6045-4D4D-97B8-497DA1E74F4F (resized).jpeg2949B9D0-AF00-4D2C-B3E8-F81372E79E9E (resized).jpeg2949B9D0-AF00-4D2C-B3E8-F81372E79E9E (resized).jpeg70B6756B-6775-4D82-8A73-69BB337467E1 (resized).jpeg70B6756B-6775-4D82-8A73-69BB337467E1 (resized).jpeg
#4357 2 years ago

Here I go again with this title...
May be picking one up. What should I be looking for? Common issues/ wear items?

#4358 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Here I go again with this title...
May be picking one up. What should I be looking for? Common issues/ wear items?

Cracked ramps maybe.
Seems like a pretty bulletproof game in general.

Flippers can be rebuilt, rubbers changed, and the playfield cleaned if needed.

#4359 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Cracked ramps maybe.
Seems like a pretty bulletproof game in general.
Flippers can be rebuilt, rubbers changed, and the playfield cleaned if needed.

Yup. so really ramps, and mushroomed magnets that damaged the playfield.

#4360 2 years ago

Longest running game in my home. Bought nib in 2010. It has never broke,not even a switch. Replacing a broken plastic is an issue. I had protectors and still broke one. The wonders of superglue.

#4361 2 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Fixed, your right when I turned it up it wasnt on par with some of the other tracks, now louder :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/196TiE_Rm5jkiWq5Bq26PJa6-naZerJOb/view?usp=sharing

Picking up an original tomorrow, does this modified code work with the original or is this just Vault. Hoping they are just the same.

#4362 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Picking up an original tomorrow, does this modified code work with the original or is this just Vault. Hoping they are just the same.

Running that on mine, which is an original. Works perfectly.

#4363 2 years ago

Anyone have either nice loose plastics or a whole set I can buy? My IM is going on route once it's up and running 100% so they don't have to be perfect or new. Also still looking for a nice (doesn't have to be perfect) left ramp. Thanks!

#4364 2 years ago

I’m looking to buy the lit chest figures for the original, anyone know the difference vs vault as I found Lermods has them much cheaper but says not for classic. I have an ocdled board and gizmo in mine if it matters.

#4365 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I’m looking to buy the lit chest figures for the original, anyone know the difference vs vault as I found Lermods has them much cheaper but says not for classic. I have an ocdled board and gizmo in mine if it matters.

Classic is a stripped down home version. Our mods work with original and vault.

#4366 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Classic is a stripped down home version. Our mods work with original and vault.

Now that makes sense now. Thanks!

#4367 2 years ago

Anyone know where to buy this for the original IM?

632F0AC3-39B6-404E-92D3-5567AA1CC92A (resized).jpeg632F0AC3-39B6-404E-92D3-5567AA1CC92A (resized).jpeg
#4368 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Anyone know where to buy this for the original IM?
[quoted image]

The metal speaker panel from the vault? The issue is that the backbox of the vault is totally different from the original. So really, you would be looking for graphics to go over the wood panel from the original. It won't look like the one you are showing.

I've seen a few graphics (and sheet metal) covers for there. But none that look like the one on the vault. That isn't saying you won't find one, but I don't see them much since Stern switched backboxes.

#4369 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The metal speaker panel from the vault? The issue is that the backbox of the vault is totally different from the original. So really, you would be looking for graphics to go over the wood panel from the original. It won't look like the one you are showing.
I've seen a few graphics (and sheet metal) covers for there. But none that look like the one on the vault. That isn't saying you won't find one, but I don't see them much since Stern switched backboxes.

Ya I just meant the art. I found this so maybe? https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/iron-man-dmdskins-speaker-panel-overlay/

#4370 2 years ago

I have this overlay on mine. I need to recall where I bought it. Man that score though. My kids need to step up their game.

IM (resized).jpgIM (resized).jpg
#4371 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

I have this overlay on mine. I need to recall where I bought it. Man that score though. My kids need to step up their game.
[quoted image]

Yes! Let me know if you remember. I’d like to find a US option if possible.

#4372 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Man that score though. My kids need to step up their game.

Blame it on the kids,

#4373 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Yes! Let me know if you remember. I’d like to find a US option if possible.

I am really struggling to find/remember where I got it. I believe it was from the York pinball show. If so, it was either from Cointaker or Tilt Graphics. But I don't see it on their sites. I found this:
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/iron-man-dmdskins-speaker-panel-overlay/

#4374 2 years ago

I ordered mine about 4 years ago from pinside member JGRAFFIX. Try sending him a PM.

#4375 2 years ago

Anyone have this topper? Mine came without the complete harness. I ran the 2 wire connector to the 12v and his eyes/hand light up, guessing the ribbon went to some color changer remote control pack but unsure. Any way I can get that strip to light up with just wiring somewhere? I think I need something like this to also wire into 12v https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P5KLSWZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_5PVN6B9ARK2J2TVT228Z

77D5442C-6602-4FA2-B091-BC60A26052CE (resized).jpeg77D5442C-6602-4FA2-B091-BC60A26052CE (resized).jpeg0077E09D-1517-4274-903E-FF530FB870FB (resized).jpeg0077E09D-1517-4274-903E-FF530FB870FB (resized).jpeg

#4376 2 years ago

Having an issue with the pop bumpers firing on their own during the gameplay when the ball is not near them, I am not sure why this suddenly started happening. Anyone know what this problem could be?
Thanks
Mike

#4377 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

Having an issue with the pop bumpers firing on their own during the gameplay when the ball is not near them, I am not sure why this suddenly started happening. Anyone know what this problem could be?
Thanks
Mike

Most of the time that is simply spoon or switch adjustment on the pop itself.

It is a pretty simple thing. The skirt (the thing the ball hits at the bottom of the pop bumper) has a pointer on it. That pointer rests in a spoon under the playfield. That spoon is what actuates the switch.

So either the pointer is not resting in the center of the spoon, or the switch is too close. They normally don't just go out, so something went wrong with it. The thing that is most likely triggering the pop is vibration. So with the glass off, give the playfield a thump with the side of your fist, and if it pops, start looking for the one that is wonky. Also watch closely to which pop is firing, because it is quicker if you know which one if messed up.

#4378 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Anyone have this topper? Mine came without the complete harness. I ran the 2 wire connector to the 12v and his eyes/hand light up, guessing the ribbon went to some color changer remote control pack but unsure. Any way I can get that strip to light up with just wiring somewhere? I think I need something like this to also wire into 12v amazon.com link »
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice looking topper,that amazon link looks like what you need

#4379 2 years ago

Upgraded pop caps courtesy of my son and his 3d printer.

20210424_112647 (resized).jpg20210424_112647 (resized).jpg

#4380 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Upgraded pop caps courtesy of my son and his 3d printer.
[quoted image]

Awesome job!

#4381 2 years ago

Cool! Did he paint the black portion or did he use two different filaments?

#4382 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

Thanks
Mike

Mike,

You'll have to lift the playfield. The leaf switch for that pop bumper needs to have its gap slightly opened. The switch is underneath the white spoon. You can use needle nose pliers. Don't pull it back too much as then the pop bumper will rarely pop.

#4383 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Cool! Did he paint the black portion or did he use two different filaments?

Two pieces, transparent blue and solid black. I posted the thingverse link in the 3D printing thread here on Pinside.

#4384 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Two pieces, transparent blue and solid black. I posted the thingverse link in the 3D printing thread here on Pinside.

Thanks!

#4385 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It is a pretty simple thing. The skirt (the thing the ball hits at the bottom of the pop bumper) has a pointer on it. That pointer rests in a spoon under the playfield. That spoon is what actuates the switch.
So either the pointer is not resting in the center of the spoon, or the switch is too close. They normally don't just go out, so something went wrong with it. The thing that is most likely triggering the pop is vibration. So with the glass off, give the playfield a thump with the side of your fist, and if it pops, start looking for the one that is wonky. Also watch closely to which pop is firing, because it is quicker if you know which one if messed up.

Thanks Dave, I was hoping it was something simple. I will have have a look at it today.

Quoted from DaveH:

#4386 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Mike,
You'll have to lift the playfield. The leaf switch for that pop bumper needs to have its gap slightly opened. The switch is underneath the white spoon. You can use needle nose pliers. Don't pull it back too much as then the pop bumper will rarely pop.

Dinot thanks for this, I will give it a go.

#4387 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

Dinot thanks for this, I will give it a go.

No worries. Have the PF upright and the game in switch test mode. Leave the coin door open!!! You don't want to short between the coil lug and switch. You also don't want the pops to bash your knuckles while you test/adjust. You will have to keep testing to get it where you want it. I personally like sensitive pops. Once you have it where you think you want it, lower the PF (and close the door) while still in switch test mode, and trigger the flippers to make sure that they don't trigger the pops. Also test the slings. But touch them towards the top or bottom as you don't want it to smash your finger.

#4388 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

No worries. Have the PF upright and the game in switch test mode. Leave coin door open!!! You don't want to short between the coil and switch. You also don't want the pops to bash your knuckles while you test/adjust. You will have to keep testing to get it where you want it. I personally like sensitive pops. Once you have it where you think you want it, lower the PF (and close the door) while still in switch test mode, and trigger the flippers to make sure that they don't trigger the pops. Also test the slings. But touch them towards the top or bottom as you don't want it to smash your finger.

#4389 2 years ago

Does anyone have teddyb73's last code update with the AC/DC songs? That link is dead.

#4390 2 years ago

Hi! Need few plastics on playfield, somebody have something for sale?

#4391 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Nice looking topper,that amazon link looks like what you need

It worked.

334804D3-E4AB-467F-A5E3-0300A5112EBC (resized).jpeg334804D3-E4AB-467F-A5E3-0300A5112EBC (resized).jpeg
#4392 2 years ago

2E0157B0-AAD5-4467-8EAA-969EDE3D597D (resized).jpeg2E0157B0-AAD5-4467-8EAA-969EDE3D597D (resized).jpeg

Who asked speaker decal?

#4393 2 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

[quoted image]
Who asked speaker decal?

That was BOBCADE

#4394 2 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

[quoted image]
Who asked speaker decal?

PM sending now

#4395 2 years ago

Joined the club last month. Really loving the game so far, got the 2020 vault edition nib. Happy bashing friends!

#4396 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Does anyone have teddyb73's last code update with the AC/DC songs? That link is dead.

Anyone? Pretty please. Really want some AC/DC in this game.

#4397 2 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Anyone have either nice loose plastics or a whole set I can buy? My IM is going on route once it's up and running 100% so they don't have to be perfect or new. Also still looking for a nice (doesn't have to be perfect) left ramp. Thanks!

BUMP

#4398 2 years ago

Question for you Iron Man/SAM owners.

My dad's Iron Man left flipper blew a fuse. After replacing the fuse, the flipper is staying held up. I suspect the transistor is bad, and would like to replace it for him next weekend while I visit.

The Iron Man manual online doesn't show the SAM electronics BOM. TRON manual shows a 22NE10L transistor. When I look up this part on Pinball Life, it says it's for Stern Whitestar.

Is this transistor valid for Iron Man?

#4399 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Question for you Iron Man/SAM owners.
My dad's Iron Man left flipper blew a fuse. After replacing the fuse, the flipper is staying held up. I suspect the transistor is bad, and would like to replace it for him next weekend while I visit.
The Iron Man manual online doesn't show the SAM electronics BOM. TRON manual shows a 22NE10L transistor. When I look up this part on Pinball Life, it says it's for Stern Whitestar.
Is this transistor valid for Iron Man?

Yes, you can use that transistor. It’s common for high current solenoids across stern Whitestar/Sam.

#4400 2 years ago

Perfect. Thank you!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 5,008 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.