(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,013 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by KJS
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg

There are 5,013 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 101.
#4201 3 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

As owners of this game, what do you think of this one? Is it worth the 4k with the magnet playfield wear?
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/407536133583965/

Personally I would buy a nice HUO example. That wear would drive me crazy. HUO is only $600 or so more. Why bother with a whooped game for $4K USD?

#4202 3 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

Personally I would buy a nice HUO example. That wear would drive me crazy. HUO is only $600 or so more. Why bother with a whooped game for $4K USD?

Thanks. My thoughts as well but was wondering if I was missing something.

#4203 3 years ago

As owners of this game, what do you think of this one? Is it worth the 4k with the magnet playfield wear?

Run away!

If the magnets are that battered unsung what else is waiting to break it wasn't properly maintained.

That game looks horrible

#4204 3 years ago

So finally took my 2nd original run Ironman out the box a few months ago, finally converted it to LEDs yesterday.

Amazing difference, cool white works perfectly with IronmanE2A163F1-A8B5-4676-B339-A60935589F58 (resized).jpegE2A163F1-A8B5-4676-B339-A60935589F58 (resized).jpeg43C975DC-6B48-45C3-911B-3F6A6DB33F73 (resized).jpeg43C975DC-6B48-45C3-911B-3F6A6DB33F73 (resized).jpeg and it now doesn’t look out of place sat next to my more modern games.

#4205 3 years ago

well, not that bad for a junk yard...

#4206 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

So finally took my 2nd original run Ironman out the box a few months ago, finally converted it to LEDs yesterday.
Amazing difference, cool white works perfectly with Ironman[quoted image][quoted image] and it now doesn’t look out of place sat next to my more modern games.

Looks like a VE now, well done!

#4207 3 years ago

Does anyone have these 2 Plastics that I could buy?

35C85E64-9EBA-4C54-B192-0ADFCB8C0B02 (resized).jpeg35C85E64-9EBA-4C54-B192-0ADFCB8C0B02 (resized).jpeg
#4208 3 years ago

I’m thinking of taking the plunge back into an IM. Really miss the pin ... previously had a pro, then later a NIB IMVE. I see a couple of retailers have it for $5700 with shipping included. Anyone have a recommendation/recent experience with sellers they can share?

#4209 3 years ago

Does anyone have a copy of the new code with the custom audio soundtrack-Iron Man playing at the end along with shoot to thrill? I have the 2010 run

#4210 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Does anyone have a copy of the new code with the custom audio soundtrack-Iron Man playing at the end along with shoot to thrill? I have the 2010 run

I have the teddyb one, have not tried this one yet but seems pretty cool

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/84#post-5905306

#4211 3 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Final update (not that anyone cares lol) fixed a few sounds I didnt like
Features:
-Shoot to thrill for WMM
-Daft Punk for Whiplash multiball
-Sabbath for ending
-Added ~20 callouts
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XlVwVHUCl15CDtiJm3JCecOrdRwg8PzR/view?usp=sharing

Added 37 days ago: download here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/196TiE_Rm5jkiWq5Bq26PJa6-naZerJOb/view?usp=sharing

Is this for the vault or original run? Is this the newest code with the added audio?

#4212 3 years ago

Hmmm

BF13FD37-666D-4EE0-B5A8-6F07DAE46F18 (resized).jpegBF13FD37-666D-4EE0-B5A8-6F07DAE46F18 (resized).jpeg
#4213 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Hmmm
[quoted image]

6?!

#4214 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Hmmm
[quoted image]

Do it!

Obey the stickers.

#4215 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Hmmm
[quoted image]

I spotted that straight away, try it!

Btw where did you get that instruction card Rob? Those look ace!

#4216 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

because i may buy a 2020 run (...)
for those having one, did you get probs with the playfield/clearcoat quality ?
i also remember that few items from the 2014 run were with ghosting on the M O N G E R inserts... all OK there ?
tanx

should i understand nobody gets prob than !?

#4217 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I spotted that straight away, try it!
Btw where did you get that instruction card Rob? Those look ace!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballcardscom-custom-instruction-cards/page/2#post-1629973

#4218 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Hmmm
[quoted image]

My AC/DC Vault Pro came with the 6 ball same sticker. Someone in the factory is just sticker happy.

#4219 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Hmmm
[quoted image]

where did you get your armor powder coated? or where did you purchase it from?

#4220 3 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

where did you get your armor powder coated? or where did you purchase it from?

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/robertstone0407

#4221 3 years ago

So I have never played Ironman, but I do like the theme. I have an opportunity to sell my Metallica pro to buy a new Ironman vault edition. I am on the fence about what I should do.

I like the look (art) of Metallica better, but I am not sure about everything else. They both have the same amount of toys, 3 each including 1 bash toy each. Metallica has 3 drop targets while Ironman has none, but Ironman has 3 spinners and Metallica has none.

As for rules, I know Metallica and the crank it up modes are great, but I don’t really know Ironman rules enough to compare?

As for game play , Metallica shots are tight, but not having played Ironman I don’t know how it shoots?

In the end I would put a lot of emphasis on is it “fun” ? Some people say Metallica is like chopping wood, is Ironman like this?

So if any of you have both of these games or are familiar with both of these machines I would appreciate some feedback. My window of opportunity to sell my Metallica is small so I have to make a decision very soon.

Thanks
Mike

#4222 3 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

So I have never played Ironman, but I do like the theme. I have an opportunity to sell my Metallica pro to buy a new Ironman vault edition. I am on the fence about what I should do.
I like the look (art) of Metallica better, but I am not sure about everything else. They both have the same amount of toys, 3 each including 1 bash toy each. Metallica has 3 drop targets while Ironman has none, but Ironman has 3 spinners and Metallica has none.
As for rules, I know Metallica and the crank it up modes are great, but I don’t really know Ironman rules enough to compare?
As for game play , Metallica shots are tight, but not having played Ironman I don’t know how it shoots?
In the end I would put a lot of emphasis on is it “fun” ? Some people say Metallica is like chopping wood, is Ironman like this?
So if any of you have both of these games or are familiar with both of these machines I would appreciate some feedback. My window of opportunity to sell my Metallica is small so I have to make a decision very soon.
Thanks
Mike

Iron man is one of the longest standing games in my collection. I've also had met pro, and I added spinners to it and went the whole 9 yards.

While I miss my met, I never sold my iron man.

Metallica is more rules, but iron man keeps you coming back to it. It's brutal and hard even if the rules are simple to follow.

It will also be a much faster and flowier game than met.

That being said, my iron man may shake loose sooner than later too.

What kind of games are you in to?

#4223 3 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

Thanks
Mike

I own both and I would never sell my MET for a IM especially in a one game collection. If you can only own one game I think MET is one of the best choices out there. Chopping wood feels great to me, and after you are done chopping wood you are rewarded with CIU. Trading one Borg game for another may not be your best option if you are looking for variety. I would however trade a MET for a DP if you get the chance!

#4224 3 years ago

Finally installed my LED monger, whiplash and war machine, while I had monger out I instead the sector 16 decal, really adds to the playfield and looks great when the little window starts flashing and lights up.

896642AE-C6F8-455A-AA77-B6371DED5E60 (resized).jpeg896642AE-C6F8-455A-AA77-B6371DED5E60 (resized).jpeg9349C455-1DDF-4AE5-8590-EA5AB81CB997 (resized).jpeg9349C455-1DDF-4AE5-8590-EA5AB81CB997 (resized).jpeg

#4225 3 years ago

Looks awesome man. I agree about the sector 16 decal. It really adds a lot to the look of the playfield.

#4226 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Finally installed my LED monger, whiplash and war machine, while I had monger out I instead the sector 16 decal, really adds to the playfield and looks great when the little window starts flashing and lights up.
[quoted image][quoted image]

looks good, I believe that decal is no longer available? interested in one if anyone has one they are not planning to use

#4227 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

looks good, I believe that decal is no longer available? interested in one if anyone has one they are not planning to use

Yeah I think flashinstinct was the maker of the decal and retired it, I brought a spare when he announced his last run but shipping it back over to the US at the minute probably wouldn’t make much sense as international shipping is nuts!

#4228 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah I think flashinstinct was the maker of the decal and retired it, I brought a spare when he announced his last run but shipping it back over to the US at the minute probably wouldn’t make much sense as international shipping is nuts!

I checked with him a while back about another run. He said he will likely make more early next year.
I'm in when he does.

#4229 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Now remove one of those flashers under whiplash so you can actually see his whips when they light up.

#4230 3 years ago

I just joined this club! I have a new Ironman vault edition on the way to me. Hopefully it will be here next week, can’t wait to finally get to play this machine. I have been reading the pinball news rules and tips for Ironman. It is based on code 1.40 but I know Lyman updated the code recently. Let the excitement begin ✌️

#4231 3 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

I just joined this club! I have a new Ironman vault edition on the way to me. Hopefully it will be here next week, can’t wait to finally get to play this machine. I have been reading the pinball news rules and tips for Ironman. It is based on code 1.40 but I know Lyman updated the code recently. Let the excitement begin ✌️

Code has come a long way since 1.40 - you should be very happy! Initial VE here, goes a few months without a game, then it hits me for about 50games back-to-back. Great audio.

#4232 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Code has come a long way since 1.40 - you should be very happy! Initial VE here, goes a few months without a game, then it hits me for about 50games back-to-back. Great audio.

Glad the code is good. I guess that is the advantage of buying a machine that is “seasoned” as opposed to a new machine that was just released. It can sometimes take many months if not years to get the code, mechs etc. Working to satisfaction.

Ironman has been around a decade now. Stern just recently did a Re-vault of a vault. Was that a first for any pinball machine? I think that speaks of the love people have for this pin. It seems to get a lot of praise from current and past owners. I just sold my Metallica pro to buy this re-vault version.

#4233 3 years ago

Lighted it up - love the purple flasher behind the Monger now, and colored flashers for whiplash-green and war machine-cyan. Now I can see whiplashe’s lighted whips real easily against the green flasher

A28DC778-5709-4A34-82A8-CE2A72010A9C (resized).jpegA28DC778-5709-4A34-82A8-CE2A72010A9C (resized).jpegF90DF09E-801D-4C3A-A79C-D9BBFE633498 (resized).jpegF90DF09E-801D-4C3A-A79C-D9BBFE633498 (resized).jpegD5C72785-E39D-47C2-B247-3368FE62E8C8 (resized).jpegD5C72785-E39D-47C2-B247-3368FE62E8C8 (resized).jpegB2174733-283F-4106-9944-B1C84DD97228 (resized).jpegB2174733-283F-4106-9944-B1C84DD97228 (resized).jpeg
#4234 3 years ago

Today, I have to shamefully say, I am no longer in the iron man club

It has been a long good run. It is off to a new home. A great home. Just not my home.

#4235 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Today, I have to shamefully say, I am no longer in the iron man club
It has been a long good run. It is off to a new home. A great home. Just not my home.

It happens to them all eventually. There are a lot of games I've said "I'll never sell it" that I eventually sold willingly. Iron Man is a fantastic game, but just like every pinball machine, when their time comes, away they go. Be happy that you had your fun on it. There is no shame, Iron Man holds its head high.

#4236 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It happens to them all eventually. There are a lot of games I've said "I'll never sell it" that I eventually sold willingly. Iron Man is a fantastic game, but just like every pinball machine, when their time comes, away they go. Be happy that you had your fun on it. There is no shame, Iron Man holds its head high.

No shame at all really, just a shame to post about it. It was tied for longest game in my ownership. It was a dead heat for it and tron.

Tron is the ultimate long haul champ now (but I could have told you that years ago, as tron is likely the last game to leave)

#4237 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Tron is the ultimate long haul champ now (but I could have told you that years ago, as tron is likely the last game to leave)

Tron is my shame. It lasted 7 wonderful years in my house. Then one day I went downstairs to play it, and after one game played something else. I knew it had expired. And not long after, away it went.

#4238 3 years ago

I sold my BTTF two weeks ago. My first true arcade/pinball machine, owned it for 7 fun years, my all time favorite movie franchise, have tons of memorabilia, can quote all 3 movies, etc... it was then that I learned no game stays forever.

1 week later
#4239 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

To fix your airballs, use a straight edge across the monger plate and adjust the screws until plate is flush with it.

To adjust the iron monger plate, is it the 3 screws on top of the plate? Do you need to adjust all 3?

Thanks
Mike

#4240 3 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

To adjust the iron monger plate, is it the 3 screws on top of the plate? Do you need to adjust all 3?
Thanks
Mike

The adjustment screws are on the bottom of the Monger mech. There is a photo somewhere in this thread.

#4241 3 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

The adjustment screws are on the bottom of the Monger mech. There is a photo somewhere in this thread.

Having a closer look at the air balls I noticed it is not the monger plate because I checked it with a ruler and it is flush with the playfield but rather the standup targets and the post next to the left ramp with the black rubber that is causing the air balls.

#4242 3 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

Having a closer look at the air balls I noticed it is not the monger plate because I checked it with a ruler and it is flush with the playfield but rather the standup targets and the post next to the left ramp with the black rubber that is causing the air balls.

Any chance you have Titan rubbers on the post sleeves? I get airballs from quite a few of my games from those bad boys. They have a tapered version which calms that down.

#4243 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Any chance you have Titan rubbers on the post sleeves? I get airballs from quite a few of my games from those bad boys. They have a tapered version which calms that down.

No I am using stock rubbers

1 week later
#4244 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I would like this as well, anyone?

#4245 3 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

I would like this as well, anyone?

Except I have the new vault edition

#4246 3 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Final update (not that anyone cares lol) fixed a few sounds I didnt like
Features:
-Shoot to thrill for WMM
-Daft Punk for Whiplash multiball
-Sabbath for ending
-Added ~20 callouts
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XlVwVHUCl15CDtiJm3JCecOrdRwg8PzR/view?usp=sharing

Added 76 days ago: download here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/196TiE_Rm5jkiWq5Bq26PJa6-naZerJOb/view?usp=sharing

I think this is the code the last two posts are looking for. I installed it last week and really like it.
Thanks Libtech!

#4247 3 years ago

Finally joined the club - solid day of cleaning and repairs but she lives - thank you to libtech updated the sound as well - now have to plan on sneaking mods into the house without the boss noticing

F216E7CD-52D0-4C8F-807B-73C044DDEB7C (resized).jpegF216E7CD-52D0-4C8F-807B-73C044DDEB7C (resized).jpegF6518887-641E-4E7C-98A1-B56C06642336 (resized).jpegF6518887-641E-4E7C-98A1-B56C06642336 (resized).jpeg
#4248 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I think this is the code the last two posts are looking for. I installed it last week and really like it.
Thanks Libtech!

Thanks is this for the vault edition?

#4249 3 years ago

Lit up the ramps behind the backboard today. Couple 6SMD lighting pads from Comet https://www.cometpinball.com/products/lighting-pads, and some homemade pieces of L shaped aluminum with 3M double sided heavy duty tape to hold the SMD pad and to hold to backboard, and some alligator clips right to the GI bulb exposed wires on back of backboard.

61399812-C975-426B-B23D-4A09F19A33D1 (resized).jpeg61399812-C975-426B-B23D-4A09F19A33D1 (resized).jpeg9118BDBB-5902-4123-A246-E10F0C6B673A (resized).jpeg9118BDBB-5902-4123-A246-E10F0C6B673A (resized).jpegAA8E9CBE-43FD-45B5-A732-D6348A3C1AD7 (resized).jpegAA8E9CBE-43FD-45B5-A732-D6348A3C1AD7 (resized).jpegD544B1A1-3543-46CB-AEF8-87DD2737989B (resized).jpegD544B1A1-3543-46CB-AEF8-87DD2737989B (resized).jpeg
#4250 3 years ago

nice improvement for the cost of 2 smd pads!, I just took a comet led strip and attached it to the outer surface of the ramp behind the backboard with some 2 sided foam tape .

then I kicked it up a notch with a pinduino board and soldered up some addressable led strips for the rails , ramps backboard and trough....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Mary, FL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,013 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/85 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.