(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,016 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 101.
#4151 3 years ago

Final update (not that anyone cares lol) fixed a few sounds I didnt like

Features:
-Shoot to thrill for WMM
-Daft Punk for Whiplash multiball
-Sabbath for ending
-Added ~20 callouts

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XlVwVHUCl15CDtiJm3JCecOrdRwg8PzR/view?usp=sharing

Added over 4 years ago:

download here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/196TiE_Rm5jkiWq5Bq26PJa6-naZerJOb/view?usp=sharing

#4152 3 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Features:
-Shoot to thrill for WMM
-Sabbath for ending
-Added ~20 callouts
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XlVwVHUCl15CDtiJm3JCecOrdRwg8PzR/view?usp=sharing

I care. Will try to set this up this week.

#4153 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Original run fresh out the box, amazing build quality playfield is like hardened glass.
Why we can’t get playfields like this anymore is a real shame.
[quoted image][quoted image]

My translight is also signed!
D.

#4154 3 years ago
Quoted from Pedleboy:

My translight is also signed!
D.

Where did you buy it from? Supposedly there is a story behind 50 or 100 games being signed by Gary and John as a run made for one of their biggest distributors, no idea if it’s true or not.

#4155 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Where did you buy it from? Supposedly there is a story behind 50 or 100 games being signed by Gary and John as a run made for one of their biggest distributors, no idea if it’s true or not.

I actually have no idea. I traded a lightly routed Munsters Pro for a HUO Iron Man. Best trade ever!
D.

#4156 3 years ago

For all those that have LED their Ironman what brands did you use? Comet seem to be the best from reviews.

What colour for GI did you go with cool white or sunlight white?

#4157 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

For all those that have LED their Ironman what brands did you use? Comet seem to be the best from reviews.

I changed my IMVE from the clear top factory GI cool white to Comet twin SMD frosted cool white

#4158 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I changed my IMVE from the clear top factory GI cool white to Comet twin SMD frosted cool white

Is there much of a difference Rob between the clear and frosted lens? Stern seem to use 2SMD clear on their recent games from as long as I can remember ST/TWD on wards and I’m pretty happy with that look, trying to give my older games a modern lighting look. Curious though how the frosted are compared to clear.

#4159 3 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Features:
-Shoot to thrill for WMM
-Sabbath for ending
-Added ~20 callouts

Loaded it up and works well. Only issues is shoot to thrill war machine music is really quiet.

#4160 3 years ago

What are the callouts you added and where? Thx

#4161 3 years ago
Quoted from Thenewguy1337:

Loaded it up and works well. Only issues is shoot to thrill war machine music is really quiet.

I can try and bump it up, there is only so much you can do before stuff starts clipping

#4162 3 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

What are the callouts you added and where? Thx

Mainly around the ironman targets and drones/war machine (you may notice more stark callouts, with I am ironman on completion, and then Justin hammer callouts, and rhoads callouts for the drones/wmm) , few in the ramps/bogey chain as well. The rest around whiplash and iron monger were already really good IMO

#4163 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is there much of a difference Rob between the clear and frosted lens? Stern seem to use 2SMD clear on their recent games from as long as I can remember ST/TWD on wards and I’m pretty happy with that look, trying to give my older games a modern lighting look. Curious though how the frosted are compared to clear.

I can’t stand being blinded by the clear lens LEDs that are in your field of sight when playing. So annoying

#4164 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sterns IVME's and most SAM LED games use Cointaker LED's

I have tired both Cointaker and Comet LED's

my example I have done side by side comparisons as I am very picky, I prefer colored inserts to really POP so bright is best for me. I use the Cointaker's Ultra 555 & Comet's 1 watt LED's, this is super important they must be used with a 1/2 spacer and 1" screw it really makes the color inserts glow/lite correctly from the players point of view.

I match the LED to the color insert, changing the GI makes very little difference IMO, but I understand why frost cool white is nice.

IMHO these are the best colors to use from both company's, I am not going to hate or bash.

Cointaker 555's & Flasher:
Purple
Blue
Cyan
White
ANY COLOR flashers 89 (8flat)
GI frosted cool white

Comet 555's:
Orange
Red
Green

Note
Comet doesn't seem to offer Cyan (War Machine insert) I tried blue/green it doesn't look right, cyan is the correct color bar none.

#4165 3 years ago
Quoted from Thenewguy1337:

Fixed, your right when I turned it up it wasnt on par with some of the other tracks, now louder :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/196TiE_Rm5jkiWq5Bq26PJa6-naZerJOb/view?usp=sharing

#4166 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I can’t stand being blinded by the clear lens LEDs that are in your field of sight when playing. So annoying

If you have a load of Stern clear 2SMD cool white LEDs I’ll happily take them off your hands, drop me a pm with what you’ve got and a price.

Thanks for all the advice Rob appreciate it all mate thank you.

#4167 3 years ago

Anyone know the led numbers needed for Ironman? My manual has the bulb types but doesn’t seem to list the numbers needed of each bulb.

Currently I’m not at home cause of Covid but would love to get an order in ready for when I’m back to working and living at home.

#4168 3 years ago

All Inserts are wedge 555 fit LED bulbs, to my knowledge, with just the 3 pop bumpers needing a low profile flat or lens-less LED cap.

See pages labelled as 16 & 17: https://images.pinside.com/c/4f/0c/c4f0cf0bd4aa6d4ad0f1e434704303b784e32986.pdf

Image from manual for numbers:

IM lamp matrix.pngIM lamp matrix.png

I make that 63 all-in, not including GI.

#4169 3 years ago

Weird my manual does not have that page.

Cheers Paul.

Btw Paul do you own the Vault? I know on the latest code you can switch lamps to incandescent or led, once you switch to led do you loose a lot of the fade effects? I know you often loose those or get ghosting from them but with the option to switch to LEDs I’m assuming stern addressed that, or did they simply remove those lamp effects?

#4170 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Cheers Paul.
Btw Paul do you own the Vault? I know on the latest code you can switch lamps to incandescent or led, once you switch to led do you loose a lot of the fade effects? I know you often loose those or get ghosting from them but with the option to switch to LEDs I’m assuming stern addressed that, or did they simply remove those lamp effects?

I cant answer your question about incandescent to LED on IM vs IMVE, but ghosting is tolerable for the performance and better color, it really makes the game look newer I have updated 2 SAM's and 1 Whitestar there is some ghosting and its normally a few circuits not the entire machine.

for my IVME, I color matching to the inserts... (may want to add 1-2 extra in case there are dud's and to account for shipping damage)
23-24 White
15 Red
10 Purple
6 Blue
3 Orange
2 Cyan
2 Green

NO GI numbers, even on my IMVE GI is mostly 44/47

hope this helps.

#4171 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Cheers Paul.

Hi, yes it’s a Vault. See this post which I think answers most of your questions:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/66#post-4374502

Basically there are 2 subtly different Insert light shows on feature adjustment 21.
I prefer the original incandescent version, but use LEDs + OCD board to see it with the fades and pulsing etc.
The LED option removes any fades or dimming so you don’t get ghosting. However, the original Iron Man machines probably didn’t come with the 2 little tiny filter boards they added to the lamp matrix plugs in the back-box of LED native VEs, so you may still see some anomalies.

http://ledocd.com/images/install/stern_sam_rev3/noghost_boards.JPG
(Image from http://ledocd.com/install_sam_r5.html)

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#4173 3 years ago

have been playing around with using the led lights on war machine to indicate number of tilt warnings, works good but still not 100% correlation with the machine tilt warnings , trying to add a debounce routine but with my limited arduino programming skills it is not done yet , if anyone is proficient in that i would love to hear from you

#4174 3 years ago

New addition to the hot toys collection but I’m pretty much out of space so this will be displayed on top of my Ironman as a topper and wired up to the pin.

21043E71-73DE-4D14-81EA-CB4CC4154697 (resized).jpeg21043E71-73DE-4D14-81EA-CB4CC4154697 (resized).jpeg
#4175 3 years ago

Can anyone let me know if the 2020 vaults are happy taking more lighting upgrades and brighter bulbs such as magnums? Or are they made of glass like other spike 2 games where you breathe on them too much and they have power hiccups. Are they still run with sam boards?

#4176 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

New addition to the hot toys collection but I’m pretty much out of space so this will be displayed on top of my Ironman as a topper and wired up to the pin.

Nice! I think Hot toys should team up with Stern to make some nice figures/ topper.

#4177 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Can anyone let me know if the 2020 vaults are happy taking more lighting upgrades and brighter bulbs such as magnums? Or are they made of glass like other spike 2 games where you breathe on them too much and they have power hiccups. Are they still run with sam boards?

It’s a SAM game, not Spike2, which was originally specified for incandescents and only used LEDs from the factory in later twilight years through a cheap hack adaptation .. so changing stock LEDs for different LEDs should be absolutely fine.

Caveat - your machine, your risk!

#4178 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

[quoted image]

Thought about doing the same, or at least putting that on display near the game. Post pics when you’re done!

#4179 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinrookie:

Nice! I think Hot toys should team up with Stern to make some nice figures/ topper.

As much as I would love that to happen, I think Hot Toys would blow Sterns BOM out the water!

And 9 times out of 10 Sterns sculpts are good enough for a pin, plus it enables Stern to mass produce them as and when they need.

#4180 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Thought about doing the same, or at least putting that on display near the game. Post pics when you’re done!

Excuse the AIQ it’s on the end of the lineup so easiest to mess with. Will be adding a base to mount them all to securely with small spots in front of each armour to light them up a little so you can see the armours more and I’ll probably drill out the arcs and add chest LEDs so it’s film accurate.

EC1755E6-DFAB-455A-87F9-EEB1407554F0 (resized).jpegEC1755E6-DFAB-455A-87F9-EEB1407554F0 (resized).jpeg

F719F638-5259-4165-B140-90549F00F5FA (resized).jpegF719F638-5259-4165-B140-90549F00F5FA (resized).jpeg
#4181 3 years ago

I got my IM 10 years ago this month. I am out of space, love my collection and every time I think about selling one to free up space I think about selling IM as it is the pin that I played the most and have had for a decade. But then I go play it and it still gives me a rush. It just has a great overall package of lights, sounds, and difficulty. I still hear quotes that I swear 8 have never heard before. With a subwoofer this game is hard to beat. I know many people consider it a stripped down pin when it comes to toys but whatever it is - this pin has it. I just can’t seem to pull the trigger and sell it.

Simple but fun rules. Such a rush.

#4182 3 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

I got my IM 10 years ago this month. I am out of space, love my collection and every time I think about selling one to free up space I think about selling IM as it is the pin that I played the most and have had for a decade. But then I go play it and it still gives me a rush. It just has a great overall package of lights, sounds, and difficulty. I still hear quotes that I swear 8 have never heard before. With a subwoofer this game is hard to beat. I know many people consider it a stripped down pin when it comes to toys but whatever it is - this pin has it. I just can’t seem to pull the trigger and sell it.

+1 here, I have had Ironman since release, I occasionally think about moving on a game or 2 and Ironman and Avatar are the 2 I consider selling but then like you I play them and remember why I’ve had them for nearly a decade.

If you can afford not to sell one and still buy another I would go that route, you can always tombstone and store Ironman in the corner somewhere or lend it to a friend for safe keeping while freeing up space.

When I do consider selling I always think if I sell this game will I be able to get a game as fun for the money I sell this one for? the answer with Ironman (& avatar for me) is always no.

#4183 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Excuse the AIQ it’s on the end of the lineup so easiest to mess with. Will be adding a base to mount them all to securely with small spots in front of each armour to light them up a little so you can see the armours more and I’ll probably drill out the arcs and add chest LEDs so it’s film accurate.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

that looks really good!

#4184 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

that looks really good!

Thanks, my plan was to have it just lit, but now I’m thinking I might connect each armour to the playfield inserts. Mark 7 would have to be wired up with mark 6 maybe?

#4185 3 years ago

Question about color DMD. Can you run the custom code that is above and have a color DMD installed? I'm not sure how everything works together.
D.

#4186 3 years ago
Quoted from Pedleboy:

Question about color DMD. Can you run the custom code that is above and have a color DMD installed? I'm not sure how everything works together.
D.

the custom code is for the audio, no problem in using with color dmd

#4187 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks, my plan was to have it just lit, but now I’m thinking I might connect each armour to the playfield inserts. Mark 7 would have to be wired up with mark 6 maybe?

you know I was going to comment on the 7 figures and only 6 marks on the playfield but I figured I would let my ocd ride! that would be cool to light them with the corresponding mark on the playfield, if you are doing chest leds maybe have them light ?

#4188 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

the custom code is for the audio, no problem in using with color dmd

That is true but don't you have to install special code for the Color DMD? That code would not include the custom audio, correct? Maybe I'm just mistaken on how it works.
D.

#4189 3 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

I solve that with "winter swaps". I've only had my IM 5 or so years, but it was time for a vacation. So it is spending the winter at a friends house. It is the perfect situation for a game like IM. When it comes back next year it will feel brand new to me. Plus I get the use of a different game during that. So win-win all around. As long as the other person is someone you know well and trust, it is perfect. So next year I'm getting IM again

#4190 3 years ago
Quoted from Pedleboy:

That is true but don't you have to install special code for the Color DMD? That code would not include the custom audio, correct? Maybe I'm just mistaken on how it works.
D.

Regular ColorDMD code goes into the ColorDMD, ensures the DMD output is translated into colourised versions. It, like the Honey Badger, does not care about audio - customised or factory.

#4191 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Ok, that looks sick! Wow!

Loving the idea about tying it each one into an insert too. Good luck, and maybe post a video when you’re done.

#4192 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Ok, that looks sick! Wow!
Loving the idea about tying it each one into an insert too. Good luck, and maybe post a video when you’re done.

Thank you, it does look great and it’s handy having a place to display more hot toys as I’m running out of room haha. I will do a video once I workout what I’m going to do with it, I might have the armour cases lit all the time and just tie the reactors of each armour to the inserts.

Just waiting on my comet order to arrive before I start messing with it.

#4193 3 years ago

Does anyone have the Flipper Fidelity interactive translight? It looks sooooo cool in the videos!
D.

#4194 3 years ago
Quoted from Pedleboy:

Does anyone have the Flipper Fidelity interactive translight? It looks sooooo cool in the videos!
D.

I have the cointaker version , the flipper fidelity looks to be a little better done in the flashing of the arc reactor on the chest.

they are an improvement over the fluorescent tube while the game is in attract mode or if you are watching someone playing but you will barely notice it when you are playing

#4195 3 years ago
Quoted from Pedleboy:

D.

I’m partial to this one

#4196 3 years ago

Anyone happen to have a stern Ironman coin door decal they would sell?

1 week later
#4197 3 years ago

because i may buy a 2020 run (...)
for those having one, did you get probs with the playfield/clearcoat quality ?
i also remember that few items from the 2014 run were with ghosting on the M O N G E R inserts... all OK there ?

tanx

#4198 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’m partial to this one

Where did you get that one? Looks fantastic.

#4200 3 years ago

As owners of this game, what do you think of this one? Is it worth the 4k with the magnet playfield wear?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/407536133583965/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 26.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Mary, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/84?hl=shadrac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.