New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,171 posts
  • 362 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by monkeyboypaul
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 882 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
IM lamp matrix.png
998599E4-3610-4192-A5EE-11647EAD5E1E (resized).jpeg
4EFCD010-340E-44F7-9C09-ACDC5C47CC86 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20170512_204603 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170512_204612 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170512_204619 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170217_170036 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170217_170113 (resized).jpg
PXL_20200926_154810718 (resized).jpg
DAA865D0-5D6A-49F6-806C-B92BE2AAA5FD (resized).jpeg
0C5E2685-E7F3-41D3-B876-12B2EA876B21 (resized).jpeg
20200918_222317 (resized).jpg
62FEBD7A-5109-4618-9647-E57A6F451E3E (resized).jpeg
IMG_20161217_174001 (resized).jpg
IMG_20161217_174032 (resized).jpg

There are 4171 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 84.
#4101 67 days ago

If you like the arcs go and grab @hookedonpinballs arc reactor pop bumper set.

#4102 67 days ago
Quoted from evileye:

That’s awesome. Where did you get that, eBay?
I wanted to buy the one in the glass case that says “Proof that Tony Stark has a Heart” but it requires assembly and I don’t need another project.

You don't need any more Arc reactors on your PIN you got enough on there already.

#4103 66 days ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

You don't need any more Arc reactors on your PIN you got enough on there already.

Haha, you got that right Ted!

#4104 65 days ago

Had there been a tutorial or stream with the new code posted from April 2020?

#4105 65 days ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Had there been a tutorial or stream with the new code posted from April 2020?

Buffalo and Nick walked through some of the changes. Might also check Colorado Pinball as they have streamed it lately. Snow may have even updated the PinPals.

#4106 59 days ago

Hi everyone, just picked up a 2010 Iron-Man, pretty stoked to have it - my first post 2000 Stern!!

Locve the game but think there MUST be some great mods out there, either using custom made things from Mezel. - or using the plethora of iron-man toys, figures out there to make it look more amazing - one thing is for sure - how is there no Iron Man toy on it???

So i lay the challenge, show me your "must have" mods I really want to make this one look amazing. I personally prefer the comic Iron-Man over the film look - so if anyone has managed to incorporate that look with this well, especially interested.

Also interested in globe options people have used. Mine has been set up with pretty standard white ones and think there must be a killer combo out there. Plan to turn all the rubbers to yellow also.

#4107 59 days ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

So i lay the challenge, show me your "must have" mods

Buy a subwoofer, right now. Don't even think about anything until you have ordered that. Before you doll the game up, it has to sound right. And without a sub hooked up, the entire bass line is lost. Even with the ball sitting in the shooter lane, it sounds so weak without it. You can thank me as soon as you get it hooked up.

#4108 59 days ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Buy a subwoofer, right now. Don't even think about anything until you have ordered that. Before you doll the game up, it has to sound right. And without a sub hooked up, the entire bass line is lost. Even with the ball sitting in the shooter lane, it sounds so weak without it. You can thank me as soon as you get it hooked up.

I was skeptical at first but the subwoofer is a must!

then a color dmd ….

to enhance " the world under glass" after that get an iron man and a drone or two from ebay . put leds in the chests and do war machine
and monger( with flasher led behind him too) too.

for more bling speaker lights and acrylics or similar ,the powder coated legs are pretty sharp too

#4109 59 days ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

then a color dmd ….
to enhance " the world under glass" after that get an iron man and a drone or two from ebay . put leds in the chests and do war machine
for more bling speaker lights and acrylics or similar ,the red powder coated legs and arc reactor bumper caps are pretty sharp too

#4110 59 days ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

then a color dmd ….
for more bling speaker lights and acrylics or similar ,the powder coated legs are pretty sharp too

yeah i will go for a sub - anyone have a good compatible option?

With the Iron Man & Drone, are you guys getting the ready made mods, or buying stock toys and modding? The stock toys i think look a lot better - the ones that came with it really look crap, such a half asses option they put in there. surely it would not have cost much more to get some sweet looking WM & Whiplash.

Already got an "IronMan red" powedercoating legs and lock bar. Might swap the bolts to be gold ones too.

If anyone has a link or pics of their proud War Machine Iron man toy mods etc. - would love to see it.

Such a fun game. I got it on only 1 or 2 plays and tbh, didnt love it. Had a good deal locally come up & for some reason i just went for it. Pretty much made my Getaway & F-14 redundant instantly. So. much. FUN!

Also i see there are some good sound/music mods put together with the latest 186 update - to include the ACDC & Sabbath music. Does anyone have the latest file for the Original model to include that music?

#4111 59 days ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

yeah i will go for a sub - anyone have a good compatible option?
With the Iron Man & Drone, are you guys getting the ready made mods, or buying stock toys and modding? The stock toys i think look a lot better - the ones that came with it really look crap, such a half asses option they put in there. surely it would not have cost much more to get some sweet looking WM & Whiplash.

I thought the same thing when I got mine but there really isn't a ton of mods that people have done. Most are just the toys + led's inside them.

Good opportunity for someone with new ideas.

There are arc reactor pop caps that look quite good but you'll have to find second hand ones as they arent made anymore.
Also an arc reactor topper.
Iron monger decal is nice. Also sold out but you can always ask the maker via pm.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops?gameid=2386&query=Iron+Man+%28Pro+Vault+Edition%29&page=2 (try and ignore all the normal 'fits every machine' crap listed here)

#4113 52 days ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

Hi everyone, just picked up a 2010 Iron-Man, pretty stoked to have it - my first post 2000 Stern!!
Locve the game but think there MUST be some great mods out there, either using custom made things from Mezel. - or using the plethora of iron-man toys, figures out there to make it look more amazing - one thing is for sure - how is there no Iron Man toy on it???
So i lay the challenge, show me your "must have" mods I really want to make this one look amazing. I personally prefer the comic Iron-Man over the film look - so if anyone has managed to incorporate that look with this well, especially interested.
Also interested in globe options people have used. Mine has been set up with pretty standard white ones and think there must be a killer combo out there. Plan to turn all the rubbers to yellow also.

While you are changing rubber, think about changing all the posts out, also. I went red rubber with blue posts. It did a lot. Pick a color post to go with your yellow. There is about 35 of them.

#4114 47 days ago

Alright dont say I never do anything for you SOB's, spent a few days messing around adding callouts, typical shoot to thrill/sabbath but just cleaned them up and made them sound right to me. Also added about 20 callouts for the hammer drones, warmachine and TS/Ironman. If you like it let me know!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sETwKikJcw4RxGR8Uo-5ZPsjF0oGhELc/view?usp=sharing

Added 37 days ago:

new link posted later

#4115 47 days ago
Quoted from libtech:

Alright dont say I never do anything for you SOB's, spent a few days messing around adding callouts, typical shoot to thrill/sabbath but just cleaned them up and made them sound right to me. Changed whiplash music to stuff from the movie (didnt like the MB music) and added about 20 callouts for the hammer drones, warmachine and TS/Ironman. If you like it let me know!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oKHwojnusuDQGOY_0DYSz0lz-YqwemMK/view?usp=sharing

Thanks will it work on the original IM?

#4116 47 days ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Thanks will it work on the original IM?

Yes, from what I hear the only differences were actually for the incandescent vs led lighting

#4117 47 days ago
Quoted from libtech:

Alright dont say I never do anything for you SOB's, spent a few days messing around adding callouts, typical shoot to thrill/sabbath but just cleaned them up and made them sound right to me. Also added about 20 callouts for the hammer drones, warmachine and TS/Ironman. If you like it let me know!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i-0na9bQELOoj2FPhmcjAow9F9onPIqv/view?usp=sharing

Will download when I get on a pc....

Can't wait to try it out

#4119 44 days ago

downloaded the teddy b mix, works fine on the original pro model and is pretty cool. will try that bastard libtech's mix next.

thanks to both !!

#4120 43 days ago

found a reasonable cost solution to having all 3 of my pins on one polk sw 10 subwoofer, IM and LOTR in the 2 speaker inputs and TWD with a pinnovators subwoofer board to the rca input. all sound great!

( tried 2 pins sharing one speaker input, I could hear the sounds in the cabinet speaker of the pin that was off, did not like)

#4121 37 days ago
Quoted from libtech:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sETwKikJcw4RxGR8Uo-5ZPsjF0oGhELc/view?usp=sharing

Added today: new link posted later

Updated more! Added a few more call outs, and well why wouldnt you want daft punk for whiplash multiball? (wanted to put it in war machine like in the movie, however STT or BIB just dont make a good 18s loop!) enjoy!

Features:
-Shoot to thrill for WMM
-Daft Punk for Whiplash multiball
-Sabbath for ending
-Added ~20 callouts

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1snqyvVPHXr2v75nax4XXw2q6kuO_xat1/view?usp=sharing

#4122 37 days ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

downloaded the teddy b mix, works fine on the original pro model and is pretty cool. will try that bastard libtech's mix next.
thanks to both !!

You BETTER enjoy it when you do! (or teddys)

#4123 35 days ago

Asked Stern earlier via Instagram if they have any plans or would consider running art blades for older games they re-run/vault like Ironman. Can’t beat Sterns in house art blades.

#4124 35 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Asked Stern earlier via Instagram if they have any plans or would consider running art blades for older games they re-run/vault like Ironman. Can’t beat Sterns in house art blades.

While the stern blades as of late have been great, it's because they were created by great artists. A lot of older games (iron man included) are just photoshop movie art.

I have a fondness for mirror blades (mirror with art on top)

I have them in my Tron and my iron man.
(Horrible pics attached)

I can take better ones if anyone would like.

IMG_20200402_154001 (resized).jpgIMG_20200721_204020 (resized).jpg
#4125 35 days ago
Quoted from Meegis:

While the stern blades as of late have been great, it's because they were created by great artists. A lot of older games (iron man included) are just photoshop movie art.
(Horrible pics attached)
I can take better ones if anyone would like. [quoted image][quoted image]

Have those same ones in my IM and want those same blades for my future Tron.

But yeah, I love Stern’s in-house blades best when they’re available.

5971A493-FEAF-42B8-A83D-B543A7BC824D (resized).jpeg8636DB3B-0EF9-4BD9-A08C-30E9B25979B1 (resized).jpeg
#4126 35 days ago
Quoted from evileye:

Have those same ones in my IM and want those same blades for my future Tron.
But yeah, I love Stern’s in-house blades best when they’re available.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yours are actually different.

Mine have the arc reactor at the back end. I'll take a better picture tomorrow if I remember to.

#4127 35 days ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Yours are actually different.
Mine have the arc reactor at the back end. I'll take a better picture tomorrow if I remember to.

Oh that sounds cool, where did you get them from?

#4128 35 days ago

Went digging on my phone. Found the pic from the day I got them (years ago)

IMG_20161217_174032 (resized).jpgIMG_20161217_174001 (resized).jpg
#4129 35 days ago

Ahhh so Pingraffix made two versions then. I didn’t know that. I like yours a lot, but have never seen them for sale before. Are they an older design that they no longer make I wonder? Can you see the yellow when installed?

#4130 35 days ago
62FEBD7A-5109-4618-9647-E57A6F451E3E (resized).jpeg
#4131 35 days ago
Quoted from evileye:

Ahhh so Pingraffix made two versions then. I didn’t know that. I like yours a lot, but have never seen them for sale before. Are they an older design that they no longer make I wonder? Can you see the yellow when installed?

That's s really good question lol

I'll check tomorrow. Not going to the basement tonight.

I've actually never thought about it to be honest

#4132 35 days ago
Quoted from evileye:

https://www.pingraffix.com/by-brand?Search%20by%20Game=Ironman

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/iron-man

#4133 35 days ago
Quoted from Meegis:

(Horrible pics attached)
I can take better ones if anyone would like. [quoted image][quoted image]

Those look bad-ass, I have the ones like pinrob has

#4134 34 days ago
Quoted from Meegis:

That's s really good question lol
I'll check tomorrow. Not going to the basement tonight.
I've actually never thought about it to be honest

No rush, whenever you can. Curious to see what they look like.

More than one option, very nice. I may pull a switcheroo. Thanks!

#4135 34 days ago
Quoted from libtech:

You BETTER enjoy it when you do! (or teddys)

Ha, I am enjoying the teddy b for now but I am sure I will like yours as well. I will let you know if I don't !

#4136 33 days ago

Added a head to replace one of the flasher domes, the eyes are lit and they flash when the flasher lights

20200918_222317 (resized).jpg

Thinking about some type of visual reminder mod about the number of tilt warnings left, typical after a few rapid games as is typical for IM I lose track of them and then get the one good ball going and then SPLAT!!! I HATE THIS GAME!!

#4137 31 days ago

New minimalist topper 1/2 Scale IM head with light up eyes and Bluetooth speaker

0C5E2685-E7F3-41D3-B876-12B2EA876B21 (resized).jpegDAA865D0-5D6A-49F6-806C-B92BE2AAA5FD (resized).jpeg
#4138 28 days ago
Quoted from evileye:

I promised I wouldn't forget this post...

Happy Saturday!

Yes, you can see the yellow.

PXL_20200926_154810718 (resized).jpg
#4139 28 days ago

Looks great man, those artblades are nice with the mirrors.

#4140 28 days ago

Hey all, I'm actively seeking a full playfield scan for this game. PM if you can help.

#4141 28 days ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Happy Saturday!
Yes, you can see the yellow. [quoted image]

What color powder coating is that?

#4142 28 days ago
Quoted from PinRob:

What color powder coating is that?

I forget the exact colour name, but it's a good that matches the lower half of the lettering of iron man on the cabinet.

I went through lots of swatches before settling on it. I like how it turned out.

IMG_20170217_170036 (resized).jpgIMG_20170217_170113 (resized).jpg
#4143 28 days ago

It changes colour depending on lighting too... So sometimes looks amazing, sometimes really off.

IMG_20170512_204603 (resized).jpgIMG_20170512_204612 (resized).jpgIMG_20170512_204619 (resized).jpg
#4144 27 days ago

Original run fresh out the box, amazing build quality playfield is like hardened glass.

Why we can’t get playfields like this anymore is a real shame.

4EFCD010-340E-44F7-9C09-ACDC5C47CC86 (resized).jpeg998599E4-3610-4192-A5EE-11647EAD5E1E (resized).jpeg
#4145 27 days ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Happy Saturday!
Yes, you can see the yellow. [quoted image]

Good man, thanks for sharing. I’m digging it! Very nice.

#4146 27 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Original run fresh out the box, amazing build quality playfield is like hardened glass.
Why we can’t get playfields like this anymore is a real shame.
[quoted image][quoted image]

How do you keep finding these old nib games... I saw your post in the Tron thread too

#4147 27 days ago
Quoted from Meegis:

How do you keep finding these old nib games... I saw your post in the Tron thread too

He might have bought them from this guy.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/epic-haul-today

#4148 23 days ago
Quoted from Meegis:

No secret seller or anything like that unfortunately, long story short I sold my entire collection about 8 years ago for family reasons as I was coming out the other side of it all, I brought a few of my favourite Sterns that I had owned before selling up.

Ended up moving to a new home and years of renovations later finally opening them up. I brought Tron LE, Avatar LE, Ironman and Star Trek LE all NIB and they’ve just been sat waiting to be opened, at least the cleatcoats have had plenty of time to cure and harden

#4149 22 days ago

Joined the club, Iron Man VE 2014, it had 1.81 software geez some peoples kids...

#4150 21 days ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Joined the club, Iron Man VE 2014, it had 1.81 software geez some peoples kids...

Also just joined today. HUO 2010 original running 1.60 code. I think I might update that............

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.95
5,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 4171 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 84.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside