(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,016 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 101.
#4001 3 years ago

Teddyb73

First of all thank you for doing this for us. It really improves the pin. However I think that last revision is missing Back in Black.

Maurizio

#4002 3 years ago

It's not. It starts when you fight IronMonger. It's not in the being anyone.

#4003 3 years ago

Sounds good so far!

#4004 3 years ago

Hey guys,

Since I didn't test it, did AC DC Back and Black start when you start Fighting Iron Monger? Also how did Thunderstruck sound during Whiplash mode?

Thanks

#4005 3 years ago

Back and black did start during monger. Thunderstuck did start but might need slightly more lined up not sure how though.

#4006 3 years ago

Thunderstruck going to be hard. You only have a 18.2 second loop for the whiplash battle music that you can insert music to. That was designed by the programmer.

So like I said in my prior post, it's going to be hard to capture the essence of thunderstruck in 18.2 seconds. I could just change it to guitar rifs from the song. This way when it loops back to the beginning of the 18.2 seconds it will sound continuous.

#4007 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Hey guys,
Since I didn't test it, did AC DC Back and Black start when you start Fighting Iron Monger? Also how did Thunderstruck sound during Whiplash mode?
Thanks

It worked fine on my install. Thank you for your work! I've tried many different versions of alternate IM code and all have been good. But, having Back in Black for Monger is a first for me. Again, great job!

#4008 3 years ago

Thanks man.

#4009 3 years ago

It still sounds way better than the default music!! Makes the multi balls much more exciting!

#4010 3 years ago

When I have a chance I will fool around with the Thunderstruck part again.

#4011 3 years ago

Alright it was bothering me. I fixed it. Thunderstruck loops better now. I'm happy with it. Its the best its going to get with 18.2 seconds Please see link below:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QyacKDy81BVohaRpJybMTK07qHxAKRsg

#4012 3 years ago

teddyb73 showing up to this thread like...

1_ar7TTNJq4LHgJ6UT0S9-ag.gif1_ar7TTNJq4LHgJ6UT0S9-ag.gif
#4013 3 years ago

Just tested it. Whiplash sounds way better now! Thanks so much for adding in the music!

#4014 3 years ago

You're welcome guys. My pleasure. I'm glad it made you turkeys happy!

#4015 3 years ago

Perfect blend now... the OG start music is so perfect, glad you put it back! Really nice job with Thunderstruck, cheers Teddy!

#4016 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

You're welcome guys. My pleasure. I'm glad it made you turkeys happy!

Is the code available for non be as well or no?

Not sure how these things work

#4017 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Alright it was bothering me. I fixed it. Thunderstruck loops better now. I'm happy with it. Its the best its going to get with 18.2 seconds Please see link below:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QyacKDy81BVohaRpJybMTK07qHxAKRsg

Works on VE as well? Anxious to give it a whirl....thanks....

#4018 3 years ago

Yes it works on VE. When I get a chance I'll make it up for the original run.

#4019 3 years ago

Couple of guys previously mentioned they knew more code was coming prior to the last update, anyone know if there’s more in the pipeline? Would love to see DODMB reworked and polished with video assets.

#4020 3 years ago

A quick question I just downloaded the Iron Man 1 .86 AC DC version. Will the 1.85 Color rom still work with this new update? There is no 1.86 Color rom yet

#4021 3 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

A quick question I just downloaded the Iron Man 1 .86 AC DC version. Will the 1.85 Color rom still work with this new update? There is no 1.86 Color rom yet

I doubt they’ll ever be a 1.86 color rom, it’s all bug fixes from 1.85 and no new DMD stuff (that I know of).

ColorDMD rom 4.2 is good to go.

#4022 3 years ago

I was playing one quick game, and on the third ball got all the Mark lights and all the mode lights lit all during the final ball but drained before I could hit the center shot.

What would have started with the center shot Jerrico or Do or Die hurry-up or both?

17EC0267-954E-478D-AC91-1F5CB663C970 (resized).jpeg17EC0267-954E-478D-AC91-1F5CB663C970 (resized).jpeg

#4023 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was playing one quick game, and on the third ball got all the Mark lights and all the mode lights lit all during the final ball but drained before I could hit the center shot.
What would have started with the center shot Jerrico or Do or Die hurry-up or both?
[quoted image]

Do or Die Hurry Up. Then if you collect it the next center loop shot will start Jericho at 2x.

#4024 3 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Do or Die Hurry Up. Then if you collect it the next center loop shot will start Jericho at 2x.

So close points everywhere ;(

why would it be 2X is that when you have them stacked?

#4025 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I doubt they’ll ever be a 1.86 color rom, it’s all bug fixes from 1.85 and no new DMD stuff (that I know of).
ColorDMD rom 4.2 is good to go.

Thank you

#4026 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

So close points everywhere ;(
why would it be 2X is that when you have them stacked?

Yes. Do or Die Hurry Up only needs Monger, Drones, Whiplash, War Machine, & Iron Man done on the same ball.

Jericho also requires Bogie and a lit Shield. So you can do Bogie and lit a Shield on ball 1, drain and then do all the other stuff ball 2. That will light Do or Die Hurry Up and Jericho will be ready right after if you collect with 2x value.

If you really want to blow the score up, get everything done but instead of starting Do or Die Hurry Up go after a second set of Iron Man targets to start double scoring. Once double scoring is running, start and collect the Do or Die Hurry Up and when you start Jericho you will now be at 4x. 2x for having it all stacked plus double scoring running.

I've done that twice in close to 2000 games played on mine. Love this game.

#4027 3 years ago

Do or Die hurry up in one ball is not difficult: it is just a question of strategy. Advance each of the 5 characters simultaneously but not start too early and then start each of them one after each other so that you can always have one ball spare on one of your flipper. If you go for DODM the strategy is different, because you have to complete each character. I can do DOD very regularly , but I never did DODM.

#4028 3 years ago

Anyone know how to become Drone Champion with the new code? I’m assuming it’s destroying a certain number of drones until you surpass 5 million points (the default), but I haven’t found anything about it on the web. I was also unaware you could “beat” the drones until 1 minute ago, so perhaps I’m doing life wrong. Does it have something to do with that? Do you have to get to War Machine three times to beat drones and get it flashing?

#4029 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeanclaudev:

Do or Die hurry up in one ball is not difficult: it is just a question of strategy. Advance each of the 5 characters simultaneously but not start too early and then start each of them one after each other so that you can always have one ball spare on one of your flipper. If you go for DODM the strategy is different, because you have to complete each character. I can do DOD very regularly

Good point.

I had to sell one and I sold Tron instead of IM. I give IM the slight edge over Tron in the rules more pressure to making the DOD hurry-up. I find playing Tron more or less picking up lights on the ladder to get to SOS or Portal but there was less risk/reward involved more just plugging away. If you drain on Tron you just pick up where you left off. But with IM the fact that the lights go out after you drain that you need to (actually) do or die on one ball is more intense. You still have the Mark lights to plug away to get to Jericho which might be somewhat like lighting the ladder for SOS. Not saying IM is actually better than IM but the DOD hurry-up is more rewarding not to mention the center loop is more rewarding that the Tron scoop to start SOS.

3 weeks later
#4030 3 years ago

Just a little prototype, that I had made by a fellow pinhead. but thought I’d drop this here for feedback.

Thought I would try a new design as I didn’t want the arc reactor speaker grill covers as the game features plenty of arc reference, especially if you have HOOKED arc reactor pop cap upgrade.

And since Tony is now as big as Ironman I thought some speaker grills with both in the design would be fitting.

36C18570-C4EE-4FF7-B772-25D86DC7BAE1 (resized).jpeg36C18570-C4EE-4FF7-B772-25D86DC7BAE1 (resized).jpeg

Edit: plan is to add in some detail on Tony so his signature/trademark beard/goatee and his tie.

2 weeks later
#4031 3 years ago

Finally in the club. After months of reading and following this thread I now know what you guys are talking about. This game is my new addiction.

5D8231B5-4710-4BE4-A1E2-8848DEAFAA08 (resized).jpeg5D8231B5-4710-4BE4-A1E2-8848DEAFAA08 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#4032 3 years ago

Does anyone have a spare orange LED DMD they have after installing a ColorDMD?

Edit: Nevermind, Stern did not use orange LED displays.

#4033 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Does anyone have a spare orange LED DMD they have after installing a ColorDMD?

I do, a red one brand new

#4034 3 years ago

Hi! I am in the club. Anybody have this plastic for sale?90136A73-220E-4C70-9C75-2B5DC3077BB4 (resized).jpeg90136A73-220E-4C70-9C75-2B5DC3077BB4 (resized).jpeg

#4035 3 years ago

Joined the club yesterday! IMVE 2014.
(Sorry for the crappy photo. Other than some slight decal wrinkling on the cabinet here & there, the game is in VERY good shape overall. VERY.)
IMVE (resized).JPGIMVE (resized).JPG

#4036 3 years ago
Quoted from SPeD66:

Joined the club yesterday! IMVE 2014.
(Sorry for the crappy photo. Other than some slight decal wrinkling on the cabinet here & there, the game is in VERY good shape overall. VERY.)
[quoted image]

Every IM VE I’ve seen has some cabinet decal wrinkling. Must be the type of material they used for that chrome-like effect. Nice pickup, enjoy the hell out of it!

#4037 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Every IM VE I’ve seen has some cabinet decal wrinkling. Must be the type of material they used for that chrome-like effect. Nice pickup, enjoy the hell out of it!

Mine is wrinkle free. Knock on wood...

#4038 3 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Mine is wrinkle free. Knock on wood...

Mine is also, though I just opened the box a few months ago

#4039 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Mine is also, though I just opened the box a few months ago

Mine is an OG VE. Still going strong.

#4040 3 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Mine is an OG VE. Still going strong.

Mine is an original 2014 VE too.

#4041 3 years ago

Nice! The wrinkling for me and others I’ve seen are in the bolt locations. I assume it’s a combination of the material and tightness of the nuts by the installer.

#4042 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Nice! The wrinkling for me and others I’ve seen are in the bolt locations. I assume it’s a combination of the material and tightness of the nuts by the installer.

Did some of the VE games come without the plastic leg standoffs? Or a different leg? As I recall, my decals don’t go to the bolt holes on my VE. And the plastic standoff keeps the leg away from the decal just a bit.

#4043 3 years ago

Never use plastic standoffs with decals. They are for painted cabinets only. Cabinets with decals need to use the metal standoffs. That item description on Pinball Life describes this in detail.

#4044 3 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Never use plastic standoffs with decals. They are for painted cabinets only. Cabinets with decals need to use the metal standoffs. That item description on Pinball Life describes this in detail.

Don’t Stern use plastic stand offs on their games which have decalled cabinets? I know the last few Sterns I’ve seen or friends have had all have plastic from factory..

#4045 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Don’t Stern use plastic stand offs on their games which have decalled cabinets? I know the last few Sterns I’ve seen or friends have had all have plastic from factory..

I've never seen a Factory shipped Stern with plastic leg protectors. They do have the metal ones, which is what should be installed for decals.

#4046 3 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

I think you are mistaking standoffs for leg protectors.

Quoted from Reaper802:

I've never seen a Factory shipped Stern with plastic leg protectors. They do have the metal ones, which is what should be installed for decals.

My Iron Man VE came with plastic standoffs. So did Aerosmith. Yes, I actually did just run down to my basement and rip the leg off my IMVE.

IMG_3648 (resized).JPGIMG_3648 (resized).JPG

#4047 3 years ago

gentleman: have read through all 81 pages of this thread, lots of beautiful machines and cool ideas

picked up an IM original recently, such an ass kicker! perfect complement to my LOTR and TWD pro ( an ass kicker too but definetly a longer journey to get to the wizard modes)

machine has the cointaker led backbox mod , shaker, leds and a few other mods , plans for some figures mods , speaker lights etc. and I think it will need a color dmd

running code 1.83 is there a link for the 1.86 code with the updated music for the original?

I know everyone loves a subwoofer for IM , the backbox speakers look really wimpy anyone upgrade these with some thing other than the flipper fidelity option?

#4048 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I think you are mistaking standoffs for leg protectors.

My Iron Man VE came with plastic standoffs. So did Aerosmith. Yes, I actually did just run down to my basement and rip the leg off my IMVE.
[quoted image]

Looks like the metal ones but now made of plastic. Thin and small and with the decals trimmed, there should be no issue.

#4049 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I know everyone loves a subwoofer for IM

Welcome to the club!

It isn't just that I love a subwoofer for IM, I think it is almost required. The bass line when the ball in the shooter lane is just lost without it. IM and Tron should be mandatory. Other games can benefit, but those two really need it (Tron just for the start of LightCycle).

#4050 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Welcome to the club!
It isn't just that I love a subwoofer for IM, I think it is almost required. The bass line when the ball in the shooter lane is just lost without it. IM and Tron should be mandatory. Other games can benefit, but those two really need it (Tron just for the start of LightCycle).

Agreed. And I have both iron Man and Tron side by side in my lineup each with a dedicated sub.

Woo!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.50
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/81?hl=vbobrusev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.