(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,016 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 101.
#3951 3 years ago

I dream of a 1.87 update with a ramp skillshot combo (i hate the new lane skillshot, too hard) and an attainable DoD Multiball. But, i'm really happy right now good job Stern

#3952 3 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

But, i'm really happy right now good job Stern

Yeah, getting updates 10yrs after release - that ain’t bad!

#3953 3 years ago

Trying to change the magnet cores on my game. Any advice on how to keep the core locked down so I can apply torque on the locking nut?

#3954 3 years ago

Anyone know if this latest update will wipe high scores? I just had my best score and don’t want to lose it so shortly after getting it!

16112A47-F04C-4A13-9EC8-E94C7896C748 (resized).jpeg16112A47-F04C-4A13-9EC8-E94C7896C748 (resized).jpeg
#3955 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Anyone know if this latest update will wipe high scores? I just had my best score and don’t want to lose it so shortly after getting it![quoted image]

I believe they always do...but you've got the picture

#3956 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Anyone know if this latest update will wipe high scores? I just had my best score and don’t want to lose it so shortly after getting it![quoted image]

Yep, it would reset your score.

Frankly I’d just get that one framed, put on your tombstone in remembrance and sell Iron Man - because you’re not going to top that, ever.

You, Sir, have peaked.

#3957 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Yep, it would reset your score.
Frankly I’d just get that one framed, put on your tombstone in remembrance and sell Iron Man - because you’re not going to top that, ever.
You, Sir, have peaked.

Agreed. How did you arrive at the number? Double scoring Do or Die Hurry Up at full value would only be 70 million of it.

#3958 3 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Agreed. How did you arrive at the number? Double scoring Do or Die Hurry Up at full value would only be 70 million of it.

I’d struggle to get near that even with the glass off.

#3959 3 years ago

V 01.86.0 - 28-April-2020
=========================
- Removed ADD-A-BALL from the SHILED award for DO OR DIE MULTIBALL, as
the multiball continuously serves all of the balls from the trough for
the duration of the multiball, so ADD-A-BALL doesn't make sense here.
- Added settings for SHIELD EXTRA BALL and SHIELD SPECIAL; these allow
the user to enable (the default) or disbale these features as desired.
- Fixed a problem with the implementation of the IRONMAN TARGET
DIFFICULTY adjustment. The MEDIUM setting was implemented correctly,
but the EXTRA EASY setting was implemented as EXTRA HARD and the
EASY setting was implemented as HARD. This has been changed to a
new setting, 1ST HARD IRONMAN TARGET SET; the range is 1-10 and the
default is 4, which corresponds to starting the second IRONMAN FAST
SCORING mode, which is the same as the previous implementation for
the MEDIUM setting (most games).
- Reworked the 1ST HARD BOGEY RAMP (SET) adjustment to be more logically
readable; the behavior is the same, but instead of a default value of
'1' (which implies the first ramp set is hard, which it isn't and never
was), the default is now '2' (second set). The range has been changed
from 0-10 to 1-10, as setting the adjustment to 0 (the 0th set) also
doesn't make much sense.
- Implemented the MUSIC ATTENUATION and SPEECH ATTENUATION adjustments;
these were not implemented.
- Fixed a display bug in the WHIPLASH MULTIBALL background display effect
that was causing the number of hits left to light the super jackpot to
be displayed incorrectly.
- Updated default initials for some High Score To Date entries.

So do or die multiball has been tweaked with the shield awards but no one human can achieve the mode.... hopefully this means more code is coming to rearrange do or die multiball and it’s requirements. Here’s hoping!!

#3960 3 years ago

Finally found a cover for my new 2014 vault.

5579E72F-A518-4154-9BC8-CE182CE9A6D1 (resized).jpeg5579E72F-A518-4154-9BC8-CE182CE9A6D1 (resized).jpeg
#3961 3 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Agreed. How did you arrive at the number?

Just spit out my drink at that absurd score.

I'd be willing to bet his outlanes are set to the easiest post hole, the Iron Man target modes are set to run during multiballs, and Extra Ball awards are set to easy.

To each their own I guess. But Iron Man is meant to be played hard, fast & ball-breaking difficult. It should drive you insane & end up make you a better player after endless beatdowns. If you make the gameplay easy, it loses most of it's appeal IMO.

#3962 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

But Iron Man is meant to be played hard, fast & ball-breaking difficult. It should drive you insane & end up make you a better player after endless beatdowns.

This describes my experience with this brutal pin (except the "better player" part)....

#3963 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I'd be willing to bet his outlanes are set to the easiest post hole, the Iron Man target modes are set to run during multiballs, and Extra Ball awards are set to easy.

Or we could find out he's using lightning flippers and a blindfold. It's highly unlikely though.

#3964 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Finally found a cover for my new 2014 vault.[quoted image]

Beats yesterday's beer that protects my glass, I suppose.

#3965 3 years ago

- Removed ADD-A-BALL from the SHILED award for DO OR DIE MULTIBALL, as
the multiball continuously serves all of the balls from the trough for
the duration of the multiball, so ADD-A-BALL doesn't make sense here.

FINALLY!!!! Every time I'm in DO OR DIE MULTIBALL and I get all the lanes and hit the shield, I am always SO IRRITATED that all the balls are in play and I don't get another one. I have ALWAYS felt like I was getting ripped off!

#3966 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

FINALLY!!!! Every time I'm in DO OR DIE MULTIBALL and I get all the lanes and hit the shield, I am always SO IRRITATED that all the balls are in play and I don't get another one. I have ALWAYS felt like I was getting ripped off!

For real though, this is a great sign that the path to Do or Die multiball is going to become more obtainable. No doubt in my mind more code is coming soon.

#3967 3 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

For real though, this is a great sign that the path to Do or Die multiball is going to become more obtainable. No doubt in my mind more code is coming soon.

Fingers crossed here!! If Lyman can add some more video clips (sorry @epthegeek) and flesh out the mode as well as the progression to get to it, Ironman would be perfection!

#3968 3 years ago

Will you guys stop trying to make IM easier? Just put elastics in the outlines and problem solved. This is one of the greatest games of all time because it is sooo hard and keeps you coming back for more. Yes, you have to have a perfect game and all the bounces go your way. I made it to do or die multiball once and I have owned it for 10ish years. My high score was 592M and my outlines were in the second easiest position (there are 4 settings). I can’t remember if that is stock because I have had to change them often so my wife and friends can enjoy it. Now that being said, that one game was almost double my next best scores. I play with my orbit post disabled but not sure if it was enabled when I got that score. All default settings in the menu as well.

I never even try to beat that score (gone now with the code update), I just try to beat Jericho which is awesome.

I also only ever made Valinor once but came close a few times. Owned that game for 11 years and it took me 4 years and 4 months to get it.

Anyway, to each there own but I think making it easier will tarnish the lustre. It did for me when Metallica was made easier. Just my 2c.

#3969 3 years ago

^ Hey look, we found the second person on the planet to reach Do or Die Multiball with the glass on. LOL

#3970 3 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Will you guys stop trying to make IM easier? Just put elastics in the outlines and problem solved. This is one of the greatest games of all time because it is sooo hard and keeps you coming back for more. Yes, you have to have a perfect game and all the bounces go your way. I made it to do or die multiball once and I have owned it for 10ish years. My high score was 592M and my outlines were in the second easiest position (there are 4 settings). I can’t remember if that is stock because I have had to change them often so my wife and friends can enjoy it. Now that being said, that one game was almost double my next best scores. I play with my orbit post disabled but not sure if it was enabled when I got that score. All default settings in the menu as well.
I never even try to beat that score (gone now with the code update), I just try to beat Jericho which is awesome.
I also only ever made Valinor once but came close a few times. Owned that game for 11 years and it took me 4 years and 4 months to get it.
Anyway, to each there own but I think making it easier will tarnish the lustre. It did for me when Metallica was made easier. Just my 2c.

I don't agree with this analogy. I've owned LOTR twice now (for years each time). I never made it to Valinor... HOWEVER, I always felt like it was possible to make it. I was able to meet all the requirements, just not all in the same game. All I needed to do is put together all of it in one epic game and I could have been there (no I couldn't, but I always FELT like I could).

I have never once felt like it was possible for me to reach Do Or Die Multiball. Forget about all in one game, because I can't complete them on their own. To me, that should be fixed.

BUT... I'm happy where the code is. These latest updates made an exciting game even more exciting. It was already bolted to the floor. But that is because it provides so much pinball satisfaction, not because I have a hope of seeing the end mode.

#3971 3 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Big difference between making it easier and making all aspects of the game possible.

Currently I think only 1 person has ever made it to DOD multiball and that was done with no other goal in mind and it was attempted continually until achieved.

I’ve seen multiple people reach valinor, I think I know 3 personally, but none of them have ever got close to DOD multiball.

#3972 3 years ago

Finally collected a Do or Die Hurry Up with double scoring running. Took me forever to collect so it ended up being less than 35 million. Full value would have been 70 million. I had everything done so that started Jericho at 4x value. That was ball one and I drained with about 83 million. The game then realized it was Iron Man and you can see where my score ended up... The Ultimate Ass Kicker!

20200430_190358 (resized).jpg20200430_190358 (resized).jpg
#3973 3 years ago

As requested. Here is the code with the sound mods added for VE:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gidTnYaLRu9vBB465sjjqG1QeoAwwe1G

#3974 3 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Finally collected a Do or Die Hurry Up with double scoring running. Took me forever to collect so it ended up being less than 35 million. Full value would have been 70 million. I had everything done so that started Jericho at 4x value. That was ball one and I drained with about 83 million. The game then realized it was Iron Man and you can see where my score ended up... The Ultimate Ass Kicker![quoted image]

Truth!!!!!

#3975 3 years ago

It keeps me awake at night trying to decide if I could only have one, which one would it be, Tron or IM?

Really though, I can't decide which of these I prefer.

Probably best to get both!

#3976 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It’s the only answer!

#3977 3 years ago

IM is just a great game. It is pretty amazing that such a simple layout and not overly complex rules can keep you coming back for more. I hated the game when I first started playing it because it just kicked my ass and actually made me angry and typically nothing makes me angry. So angry that I just had to buy it so I could teach it some manners! I still get a rush from playing it after almost 10 years. I keep thinking that I want to sell it and replace it with something fresh but can’t bring myself to do it.

Thank you Lyman for polishing the game.

#3978 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It keeps me awake at night trying to decide if I could only have one, which one would it be, Tron or IM?
Really though, I can't decide which of these I prefer.

Neither one leaves until I'm out of the hobby, then they all go. A deadly, must-have pair....

#3979 3 years ago

I only have Tron and IM right now, and i'm a happy man

#3980 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Neither one leaves until I'm out of the hobby, then they all go. A deadly, must-have pair....

Gonna tell my kids to bury me with mine

#3981 3 years ago

Are the new re-vaulted editions same quality as last vault. Or is it the new lower quality clear?

I kind of want one but I am nervous after all of the playfield issues last year.

#3982 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Are the new re-vaulted editions same quality as last vault. Or is it the new lower quality clear?
I kind of want one but I am nervous after all of the playfield issues last year.

You are going to be able to find a 2014 VE for well under $5K and probably less than 3000 games played on it. The NIB 2020VE is a ripoff IMO.

#3983 3 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

You are going to be able to find a 2014 VE for well under $5K and probably less than 3000 games played on it. The NIB 2020VE is a ripoff IMO.

Yeah true. I’ll hold off for sure.

#3984 3 years ago

I installed the 186 version yesterday and it works fine. The Ironman targets difficulty settings is now working fine. I have to say that all the new adjustments, like the whiplash difficulty setting, the extra ball for Ironman target qualification, Ironman start, brings value because now it is possible to better adjust the game to my wishes. The DOD hurry up, can be easier to do than before, still remains difficult, but possible when you take the good strategy. But for the DODMB this is still for me too difficult : the Drone character is still too difficult to make it flashing.

#3985 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeanclaudev:

the Drone character is still too difficult to make it flashing.

Yes, it does. I never make it flashing during 6 years of my ownership. Anyway, I don’t think I can reach Do or die MB even with 4 extra balls in a game.

1 week later
#3986 3 years ago

teddyb73 Do you take request for music, or could you point me in the direction of the software required to edit the music files? I was hoping to replace the whiplash music with thunderstruck.

#3987 3 years ago
Quoted from Thenewguy1337:

teddyb73 Do you take request for music, or could you point me in the direction of the software required to edit the music files? I was hoping to replace the whiplash music with thunderstruck.

Look for pinball browser. There's a thread on pinside about it.

#3988 3 years ago

I gotta say, I've never been so close to rage tilting on any game in the short few years that I've been playing pinball, than I have with this game. TWD comes close, but I've always drained "by fault" on that game, excluding SDTM prison magnet drains, which I've worked out.

One second you've got everything lined up, all characters are lit, all Marks are complete, just trying to get one good shot on the center spinner, and then bam, off a post or a target and down the hole it goes. And it always happens on ball 3. F*ck this game...but just after one last game...and another...and another.

#3989 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

but just after one last game...and another...and another.

Like lambs to the slaughter...

And we keep on coming back.

#3990 3 years ago
Quoted from Thenewguy1337:

This. And I’d kinda rather have Back in Black as Iron Monger music. The intro is just a tease. I keep hearing the beat at the beginning of a ball and am like “yeah” then plunge and the excitement fizzles.

#3991 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

This. And I’d kinda rather have Back in Black as Iron Monger music. The intro is just a tease. I keep hearing the beat at the beginning of a ball and am like “yeah” then plunge and the excitement fizzles.

For you pal, I will make those changes and post them later today.

#3992 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

For you pal, I will make those changes and post them later today.

Whoa...nice combo!!! Will have to give that a go if its for the VE too...

#3993 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Whoa...nice combo!!! Will have to give that a go if its for the VE too...

It will be for the VE boys.

#3994 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

What part of the chorus of Thunderstruck would you guys like? Beging right as the chorus is starting, or towards the end?

Wow Iron Man is starting to turn into an AC DC pin with all their music on it.

#3995 3 years ago

That is a tough call I was listening today to try and figure out what would be a good loop. How many seconds long does it loop?

#3996 3 years ago

I would have to look. Usually around 25 seconds to 30 seconds. I'm sure you guys will let me know if it's not good. I'm not going to install that code on my Ironman to test it out. So you'll fellows will have to tell me how it works out.

#3997 3 years ago

Will do, can't wait to try it!

#3998 3 years ago

You only have 20 sec loop with Whiplash. Going to makep it about a minute into the song. Actually it's only 18.2 second loop. Going to be hard to capture the essence of Thunderstruck.

#3999 3 years ago

Alright you AC/DC fans. You asked for it and you got. By popular demand. Here it is............

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M9UFi9q42LhmfxzeKJNQzE2emr5Us9oE

It has not been tested, so let me know how it sounds. Later bitches.

#4000 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Alright you AC/DC fans. You asked for it and you got. By popular demand. Here it is............
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M9UFi9q42LhmfxzeKJNQzE2emr5Us9oE
It has not been tested, so let me know how it sounds. Later bitches.

I played one game on it and like it so far. I guess IM is now both IM and AC/DC.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/80?hl=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.