(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,016 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 101.
#351 9 years ago

I am convinced there will be massive upgrades in the Iron Man code.

Why?

As pinball karma would have it, I just beat my previous 245MIL GC with a 259MIL GC and beat Jericho again for the 4th time in 4 years.

Factory settings, 3 balls, open outlanes, no mystery extra balls or scoring tiers.

So now I'll have to climb that mountain again.

It's a great problem to have

#352 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Why?
As pinball karma would have it, I just beat my previous 245MIL GC with a 259MIL GC and beat Jericho again for the 4th time in 4 years.
Factory settings, 3 balls, open outlanes, no mystery extra balls or scoring tiers.

#353 9 years ago

Why?

Other than the skill shot/post issue and the extra ball being random vs. earned...what is there to change?

I think the rules should stay simple.

Game is amazing. Had it for years and i still hear quotes from the movie i swear i never heard before.

#354 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Other than the skill shot/post issue and the extra ball being random vs. earned...what is there to change?
Game is amazing. Had it for years and i still hear quotes from the movie i swear i never heard before.

I don't want the fundamental rules of the game to change. I think people have covered the basics of what needs to be addressed.

My comment was more tongue and cheek joking than anything; along the lines of reading where a new code is coming out or released and people do not want to upgrade because they would lose the scores.

200MIL+ on Iron Man is a rare occurence (at least in my house) and the fact that I just scored another game that high and beat Jericho seems about in line with a new code coming out where I lose what I just did

And even if the code added an earnable extra ball, that would be pretty signficant (except for tourney play).

#355 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Codes needs to pause timer when up-post is holding the ball. Nothing like hearing your double scoring timer count down and you have a chance to cash in a 2x do or die!

This need to be done with Metallica too

#356 9 years ago

I don't want the fundamental rules of the game to change. I think people have covered the basics of what needs to be addressed.
My comment was more tongue and cheek joking than anything; along the lines of reading where a new code is coming out or released and people do not want to upgrade because they would lose the scores.
200MIL+ on Iron Man is a rare occurence (at least in my house) and the fact that I just scored another game that high and beat Jericho seems about in line with a new code coming out where I lose what I just did
And even if the code added an earnable extra ball, that would be pretty signficant (except for tourney play).

200M on my IM has never happened and never will!!

#357 9 years ago

I've learned that you can earn an extra ball with some degree of regularity. Basically, if you complete the lanes and you have nothing running and you hit War Machine, you'll have a chance for extra ball. Now normally the first time you hit it, you get 200k or some stupid pop bumper thing. The second time though it seems like you have a high probability of getting an extra ball. It only happens though if you have nothing else running when you hit it (and that's kind of rare honestly, because you try and save them for when you do have something running). I would say that I get an extra ball about every 10 to 20 games right now. Also, it is possible to get multiple extra balls in one game, I once got two in the same game, lol (yes, I'm sure most of your heads just exploded).

#358 9 years ago

Looking forward to being a member of this club in a few weeks when mine is delivered. Such a great game.

#359 9 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Looking forward to being a member of this club in a few weeks when mine is delivered. Such a great game.

have you got a ship time ETA yet?

1 week later
#360 9 years ago

Playing some ACDC and putting in the support rails for my IM Pro:

image-152.jpgimage-152.jpg image-656.jpgimage-656.jpg
#361 9 years ago

and now mirror blades!

image-377.jpgimage-377.jpg image-762.jpgimage-762.jpg image-350.jpgimage-350.jpg
#362 9 years ago

DMD glare has been busted!!

image-66.jpgimage-66.jpg image-555.jpgimage-555.jpg
#363 9 years ago

Hmmm now I need a Translite glare buster....

#364 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Hmmm now I need a Translite glare buster....

Good luck with that!

#365 9 years ago
Quoted from genex:

have you got a ship time ETA yet?

Not yet, with the first testing going on Friday I would think a couple weeks. Maybe sooner, who knows what order they get shipped.

#366 9 years ago

What product you use for anti-glare?

I heard mirror blades scratch when play field goes up and down?

#367 9 years ago

PM oldpinguy, he runs cometpinball.com he has some at a reasonable price. Also I have been careful and slow when raising my play field and no scratches yet on the blades.

image-541.jpgimage-541.jpg
#368 9 years ago

Was playing my IM yesterday, and it was kicking my butt hard for probably 8 games or so. I decided I would play one more game before firing up the home theater to watch a movie, and BAM, this happened.

I didn't think I'd ever beat my prior GC score of 251 million seen in the first post of this thread. I completed Jericho, and must have had double scoring going because 100 million flashed on the DMD when I completed it. What a rush!

IMG_2931.jpegIMG_2931.jpeg

#369 9 years ago

This was my score after the first ball:

IMG_9341.jpegIMG_9341.jpeg
#370 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

IMG_9341.jpeg 177 KB

Ha love it - even after such an epic ball one IM still fights back - nice job man - amazing score!

#371 9 years ago

Finally a member! Always hated the theme, but no pin has gotten me consistently so emotional so i had to buy it.

#372 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

IMG_9341.jpeg 177 KB

Wow....nice....you are not invited to play my IM

#373 9 years ago

Epic score RobT!

The key to getting 200+ mil scores is to cash in on the DOD hurry up. That gives you the countdown score, but it also, importantly, gives you 2x scoring for the remainder of that ball. Then, if you complete Jericho in that ball, you get the 100+ Jericho SJP.

#374 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Epic score RobT!
The key to getting 200+ mil scores is to cash in on the DOD hurry up. That gives you the countdown score, but it also, importantly, gives you 2x scoring for the remainder of that ball. Then, if you complete Jericho in that ball, you get the 100+ Jericho SJP.

Ah, but of course! That's exactly what happened. Hit DOD for 48 million (I'm on version 1.4), then went straight to Jericho after that, completed it, and therefore got 100 million (instead of 50 million).

Pin is bad ass.

#375 9 years ago

I'll prob never break 50 million. Great job Rob!!

#376 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ah, but of course! That's exactly what happened. Hit DOD for 48 million (I'm on version 1.4), then went straight to Jericho after that, completed it, and therefore got 100 million (instead of 50 million).
Pin is bad ass.

Put those outlanes back to stock settings!

#377 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Put those outlanes back to stock settings!

No!

The pin still kicks my ass 90% of the time, just like it was the 8-9 games I played before getting this big score. If I were scoring the big points regularly, I would open the outlanes up, but that's just not the case for me. I need to feel like I at least have a shot once in awhile to have a great game! IM is too brutal with the outlanes in the stock position for me.

#378 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Was playing my IM yesterday, and it was kicking my butt hard for probably 8 games or so. I decided I would play one more game before firing up the home theater to watch a movie, and BAM, this happened.
I didn't think I'd ever beat my prior GC score of 251 million seen in the first post of this thread. I completed Jericho, and must have had double scoring going because 100 million flashed on the DMD when I completed it. What a rush!

IMG_2931.jpeg 167 KB

KA BOOM!

Nice job.

#379 9 years ago

Rob clearly can play this game, but inlanes closed just isn't the way. 100M score with factory outlanes and new code should really be the bar on this game.

#380 9 years ago

I also do the same score with socks in the outlines

#381 9 years ago

I'm so pumped to get this game. The only place I've played it is the mega-trampoline-fun-centre thingy in Honolulu. A billion kids running around and of course zero interest from anyone in the IM sitting in the game room. So I get a few coins off the wife and disappear in there for only about two hours. It was on about 8mill or so replay and I had just watched Bowen's TUTORIAL! The poor op didn't get good averages that day. What a blast!

#382 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Rob clearly can play this game, but inlanes closed just isn't the way. 100M score with factory outlanes and new code should really be the bar on this game.

My score is obviously only relevant in terms of comparison to others who also have their outlanes moved in.

I have played IM with the outlanes at factory and it is simply too brutal. Challenging pins are fine, but IM at factory outlanes is over the top brutal to me and results in too much frustration, not enough fun.

I will probably move the posts up one notch (which means that they will be one notch away from factory), but it is very unlikely that I will ever put them back to factory.

#383 9 years ago

I feel ya. I moved mine in on ACDC, but I think IM is just a little too easy with them in. I also had them in with LOTR. No way I make Valinor with them open!

#384 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I feel ya. I moved mine in on ACDC, but I think IM is just a little too easy with them in. I also had them in with LOTR. No way I make Valinor with them open!

Yep, AC/DC is a perfect comparison. Way too brutal at factory, and arguably still too brutal when closed!

And yes, I doubt I would have ever made it to Valinor with the lanes open.

#385 9 years ago

ACDC is borderline fair with them all the way closed. If anything, still too hard, I agree!

#386 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

My score is obviously only relevant in terms of comparison to others who also have their outlanes moved in.
I have played IM with the outlanes at factory and it is simply too brutal. Challenging pins are fine, but IM at factory outlanes is over the top brutal to me and results in too much frustration, not enough fun.
I will probably move the posts up one notch (which means that they will be one notch away from factory), but it is very unlikely that I will ever put them back to factory.

Ya got me thinking in that I have played 1000 games at factory and got DoD jackpot twice!

#387 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Ya got me thinking in that I have played 1000 games at factory and got DoD jackpot twice!

See, that's going overboard to me. DoD jackpot once every 500 games isn't fun, and would be super frustrating.

Move those posts in at least one notch.

#388 9 years ago

I've got my LoTR lanes and ACDC lanes moved in... doubt I would even get to destroy the ring without it. Sounds like when my IM arrives I'll be doing it for that as well

#389 9 years ago

Grinder, translite glare buster = a couple of strips of black electrical tape along the front of the light bulb (where it faces the translite). I do this with all my games.

Aaaaand some PDI glass if money is no object.

More IM shooters coming real soon, folks.

Also have a Hot Toys Mark IV for sale if anyone is interested.

- B

#390 9 years ago

Thanks can't wait for the shooter rods Brock. Thanks for the advice, I'll do that tonight to the bulbs.

I upgraded to the 1/4 inch, beveled playfield glass from that Bob's glass website.

Either post a few hot toys pictures or better yet please email me: [email protected]

You rock man. I'll need your Monger decal too

#391 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I'll need your Monger decal too

Yup, coming.

#392 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Grinder, translite glare buster = a couple of strips of black electrical tape along the front of the light bulb (where it faces the translite). I do this with all my games.

Aaaaand some PDI glass if money is no object.

I just don't understand why everyone (and I mean everyone) doesn't just use the Glare Guards from Wrong Crowd productions. I have them on all of my pins, and always will.

#393 9 years ago

Never heard of them, thanks, I'll look them up now.

#394 9 years ago

Wait, is this for the DMD Rob? Cuz I fixed the DMD, it's the Translite I was talking about

#395 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Never heard of them, thanks, I'll look them up now.

Strange, I don't know if Kim doesn't sell them anymore? Went to his site but it's music?

Mr68 is his username here on Pinside.

#396 9 years ago

Here is an alternative (which is a copy of Kim's product):

http://bentplastic.com/index.html

#397 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Strange, I don't know if Kim doesn't sell them anymore?

I believe he sold the business to Planetary.

#398 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

See, that's going overboard to me. DoD jackpot once every 500 games isn't fun, and would be super frustrating.
Move those posts in at least one notch.

I think I am going to have to do this as it is the only way to go a bit deeper into the game.

#399 9 years ago

What are the factory out lane settings?

#400 9 years ago

Anybody have some good free play and instruction cards?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.