(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,016 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 101.
#3851 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I would if you can changed the Stark Industries logo so it was symmetrical with the dmd opening.

"Stark Industries" is perfectly centered.

#3852 4 years ago

yes it is centered

i could change this to the classic cabinet IM also
Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-09 um 16.50.10 (resized).pngBildschirmfoto 2020-04-09 um 16.50.10 (resized).png

#3853 4 years ago

The VE’s got a decal already.

Maybe do one for the plain original wooden backbox machine, like you’ve done for TRON.

I’m happy with my VE decal, but your design looks nice.

#3854 4 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

The VE’s got a decal already.

I’m happy with my VE decal

Happy with VE decal too

#3855 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

"Stark Industries" is perfectly centered.

The text is the logo itself looks off due to the larger curved flick on the right hanging past the dmd opening.

More of personal preference thing than the design itself, wouldn’t mind seeing the logo centred, It might look worse or more off, curious to see as I’m pretty interested in this for my original IM.

Would look great next to my ST with its stainless steal dmd panel, very cool!

#3856 4 years ago

Will Post a complete centered Version
But with the arrow ist will also Look wring

Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-09 um 20.47.38 (resized).pngBildschirmfoto 2020-04-09 um 20.47.38 (resized).png
#3857 4 years ago

How many of y'all have replaced the playfield pegs with slide rails?

535-6862-05_set (resized).jpg535-6862-05_set (resized).jpg
#3858 4 years ago

Wanna kick some ass in an Iron Man tournament?

Hey guys, I'm trying to set up an online tournament for next Friday (April 17th), and I'm trying to recruit participants that have one of the games I have. I'm going to be posting this in each of the forums for the games I own, so I apologize in advance if you get this more than once.

The tournament would be on a single game and take place over zoom. It sounds like it could be a hell of a good time.

Please head over here for info: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/online-tournament-over-zoom-#post-5587755

#3859 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

How many of y'all have replaced the playfield pegs with slide rails?[quoted image]

no need... hardly lift the pf.

#3860 4 years ago

Considering buying an Ironman. Interested to know the differences between the original 2010 machine, the 2014 VE and the new VE. Which one should I buy and why?

#3861 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

How many of y'all have replaced the playfield pegs with slide rails?[quoted image]

IMG_0169 (resized).JPGIMG_0169 (resized).JPG
#3862 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Considering buying an Ironman. Interested to know the differences between the original 2010 machine, the 2014 VE and the new VE. Which one should I buy and why?

I would expect the 2 Vault editions are the same. If you can find an older one in nice shape for a decent price , you’re not losing anything.

The OG is incandescent bulbs and the older wooden speaker panel, the magnets without the protective metal ring. Not much point in reaching that far back. Now.

#3863 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

[quoted image]

Now you're just showing off.

#3864 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

The answer is always a brand new one. As mentioned before, if cost comes into play, I'd try to get a good quality 2014 VE.

#3865 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Original old wooden backbox and factory incandescent bulbs.

VE has metal backbox, LEDs and factory protective decorative decals around the magnets (you can hardly see them).

RE-VE is as above but has larger factory protective metal ring around the magnets, just like TWD and SM-VE.

There may be some differences in the figurines too.

I’d buy a VE if the price is right, but a RE-VE if money was no object - just for those improved magnets.

#3866 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Originals where built like tanks! The 3 I know of including mine haven’t had a single issue between them, glass has only been off for cleaning and waxing. Playfields still look fantastic.

First vaults seem to be pretty solid too.

Biggest issue buying a new re-Vault is Sterns current build quality and quality control or lack of, with Ironman I’d buy older an original or first edition vault, if you play it a lot Ironman gets pounded and I just can’t see Sterns new soft playfields holding up too well.

#3867 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Originals where built like tanks! The 3 I know of including mine haven’t had a single issue between them, glass has only been off for cleaning and waxing. Playfields still look fantastic.
First vaults seem to be pretty solid too.
Biggest issue buying a new re-Vault is Sterns current build quality and quality control or lack of, with Ironman I’d buy older an original or first edition vault, if you play it a lot Ironman gets pounded and I just can’t see Sterns new soft playfields holding up too well.

I bought an original, nib,in 2010. Absolutely no problems. Not even a switch. Built like a tank is correct.

#3868 4 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I bought an original, nib,in 2010. Absolutely no problems. Not even a switch. Built like a tank is correct.

Yeah plus it’s funny how people jumped all over Stern during the dark/lean years for stripped games, but you take Ironman with 3 spinners, 2 magnets, monger mech which is fantastic and fully interactive, a kickback and licensed movie audio and video it’s a premium level game by today’s standards.

#3869 4 years ago

Agreed, and I love mine... but some of the newer Sterns make up for it with amazing art, shots, deep code, and very interactive LCD screens. Star Wars pro is a masterpiece for example. Anyhoo, all kinds of pinball can be fun and we’re fortunate to have so many great choices!

#3870 4 years ago

I think i love the 2010 Stern era, IM my favorite game, followed by Tron, and Avatar which i like very much. Simple rules, fast and addictive gameplay, i just find this games immersive. I had more recent games, but after a few weeks it was boring. IM and Tron are not perfect, but it's just what i think is pinball, easy to learn hard to master. I love these games and i can easily stay with them for the rest of my (pinball) life.

#3871 4 years ago

Has anyone tried fitting a PIN2DMD in their Iron Man. The thread search shows no mention of it. A colorization project would need to be started for it.

#3872 4 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

I think i love the 2010 Stern era, IM my favorite game, followed by Tron, and Avatar which i like very much. Simple rules, fast and addictive gameplay, i just find this games immersive. I had more recent games, but after a few weeks it was boring. IM and Tron are not perfect, but it's just what i think is pinball, easy to learn hard to master. I love these games and i can easily stay with them for the rest of my (pinball) life.

I totally agree with you...and would add the new JP! Such a tight shooting, fast game.

#3873 4 years ago

Heavy on the bass

IMG_0257.JPGIMG_0257.JPG
#3874 4 years ago

Incoming Ironman topper!

4DBB3184-CA2B-455B-AD73-07E47F762E0F (resized).jpeg4DBB3184-CA2B-455B-AD73-07E47F762E0F (resized).jpeg
#3875 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Incoming Ironman topper![quoted image]

Looking at the instructions of these online, I should be able to make it fully interactive with the game by linking each suit to its equivalent insert, so achieve mark 1, mark 1 suit should light up etc etc, fingers crossed anyway.

#3876 4 years ago

I just got an Iron man and I'm trying to figure out how to install a colordmd. I am to the part where you are suppose to ground it but I can not find any ground wire. Does anyone know how I should be ground the dmd or if I need to? IMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPG

#3877 4 years ago
Quoted from Thenewguy1337:

I just got an Iron man and I'm trying to figure out how to install a colordmd. I am to the part where you are suppose to ground it but I can not find any ground wire. Does anyone know how I should be ground the dmd or if I need to? [quoted image][quoted image]

I’d ground to one of the speakers in this case.

#3878 4 years ago

I just got an Iron man and I'm trying to figure out how to install a colordmd. I am to the part where you are suppose to ground it but I can not find any ground wire. Does anyone know how I should be ground the dmd or if I need to? [quoted image][quoted image]

The ground wire is on the speaker.

It's the metal speaker panel, you don't need to ground anything else.

Is this a 2020 VE? If so, did it come with pegs or service rails? New style magnets?

#3879 4 years ago

It is the new 2020 vault. I found the speaker ground and got it moved over to the colordmd. Looks great now! The underside just has some pegs on it no rails. I had to slid it all the way out and tip it over to get underneath. The magnets look big. Don't look anything like the ones that I play on location. IMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0011 (resized).JPGIMG_0011 (resized).JPG

#3880 4 years ago

It is the new 2020 vault. I found the speaker ground and got it moved over to the colordmd. Looks great now! The underside just has some pegs on it no rails. I had to slid it all the way out and tip it over to get underneath. The magnets look big. Don't look anything like the ones that I play on location. [quoted image][quoted image]

Quick question - where are Whiplashes whips??? I can’t see them.

They’re the newer design magnets.

#3881 4 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Quick question - where are Whiplashes whips??? I can’t see them.
They’re the newer design magnets.

Looks like no whips, these aren’t the hasrbo figures though, didn’t Stern mold their own versions for the last Vault?

And the newer magnets look massive on the Ironman, couple of playfield pics I’ve seen they do look real big and they also have no whips.

#3882 4 years ago

My 2014 vault had the whips in the goodie bag.

#3883 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

My 2014 vault had the whips in the goodie bag.

Not the 1st owner of my 2014 VE, so previous owner must’ve added the whips from the bag!

#3884 4 years ago

My friend just got a 2020 Vault and Stern did not put the decals on the magnets like they are on my 2014 Vault. Also they made one of the Mark inserts blue on the playfield which looks bad, since the rest are still white.

My friend is not to happy with it, and put a complaint in with the distributor. Since there is no mention of the changes from Stern. They just reused the sale flyer from 2014.

#3885 4 years ago

It is the new 2020 vault. I found the speaker ground and got it moved over to the colordmd. Looks great now! The underside just has some pegs on it no rails. I had to slid it all the way out and tip it over to get underneath. The magnets look big. Don't look anything like the ones that I play on location. [quoted image][quoted image]

Can you show us your Mark 3 insert down by the flippers please?

Quoted from teddyb73:

My friend just got a 2020 Vault and Stern did not put the decals on the magnets like they are on my 2014 Vault. Also they made one of the Mark inserts blue on the playfield which looks bad, since the rest are still white.
My friend is not to happy with it, and put a complaint in with the distributor. Since there is no mention of the changes from Stern. They just reused the sale flyer from 2014.

Maybe they’ve coloured it blue for the new Arc bonus feature. It pulsates on my VE with the white insert.

#3886 4 years ago

You didn’t need to move the ground.

#3887 4 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

It looks like Stern put the large magnets on the new vaults, which shouldn't have the wear issues that the small magnets have. So there shouldn't be a need for any protection.

#3888 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

It looks like Stern put the large magnets on the new vaults, which shouldn't have the wear issues that the small magnets have. So there shouldn't be a need for any protection.

I still put mylar around them.

#3889 4 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

I believe Kawydud is correct. These are Stern's newer (and improved) magnet designs. Should help prevent wear around the magnet where we spend effort to put Cliffy's.

Someone will have to mod a sticker to cover the outer magnet ring like someone did for the Munsters "Herman" magnet. Also agree with a little mylar or other clear protection around it.

#3890 4 years ago

Must say, I'm not a fan of the new magnets. I'm happy that I have the 2014 IMVE that has the mylar. It looks much better and I can't see it showing wear anytime soon.

#3891 4 years ago

My arc 3 insert is blue as well. Really throws of the color scheme. I wonder if it can be replaced with a white led?

The wiplash came with the wipes but I Immediately broke them when trying to bend them. :/

I saw another pinside member had custom ordered a new stronger batch of plastic wipes. He is going to send me a pair. Hoping those don’t break as easily.

#3892 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I still put mylar around them.

I would to, but I over protect the crap out of my games.

#3893 4 years ago

Can you guys with the lastest vault post some pics of your mark inserts? Not noticed a blue insert on the playfield pics I’ve seen on the newest vault.

Is it actually a blue insert or blue LED underneath? Seems odd Stern would make it a blue insert... that’s just weird!

#3894 4 years ago

Its on my friend new vault. But it is actually a blue insert. Not a blue led bulb.

#3895 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I would to, but I over protect the crap out of my games.

I do too. I put mylar in the shooter lane, then cliffy's on top. The drain hole, same thing, mylar, then a cliffy.

On drop targets, I put mylar on the front and backside of the playfield. A game like ghostbusters, where the drop targets are in the middle, I put a piece of mylar around the whole thing.

#3896 4 years ago
IMG_0013 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPGIMG_0019 (resized).JPGIMG_0019 (resized).JPG
#3897 4 years ago

Just my luck after I took that picture my Mark iV light stopped lighting up :/ Hopefully I can replace it.

#3898 4 years ago

Saw this dirty bird on eBay. ONLY $4650. Seriously, what is going on with the Whiplash magnet?

Whiplash? (resized).pngWhiplash? (resized).png
#3899 4 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

Is that a blue insert or blue led? Either way that’s an unusual choice if intentional.

#3900 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is that a blue insert or blue led? Either way that’s an unusual choice if intentional.

Looks like an insert to me. The dark blue at the top means it's not a lighting affect but the plastic not getting light in that spot.

It is odd.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.