(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,016 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 101.
#3801 4 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

For the attention of LED OCD users who're updating... Don't forget to change your lighting settings!
i.e.
Feature adjustments #47, Game Lamp Type = INCANDESCENT (not LED).
So I've changed:
Standard adjustments #44, Knocker Volume = LOW (I hate the stupidly loud Stern knocker noise).
Feature adjustments #47, Game Lamp Type = INCANDESCENT (not LED).
Standard adjustments #51, Coindoor ball saver = YES. (handy)
Feature Adjustment #4: Iron Man mode start with M/B = YES (i like to live dangerously)
Feature Adjustment #7: Monger Letter Difficulty = Medium
Feature Adjustment #8: Iron Monger start difficulty = Hard

I did led, on the original. What happens with it on decondescent?

#3802 4 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I did led, on the original. What happens with it on decondescent?

Correction, incandescent. Update is amazing.

#3803 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Anyone try it with ColorDMD

Yep...mostly fine. A bit of color oddity in some text ( dual colors) and I'm sure some other minor oddities exist. I think epthegeek mentioned he would be tweaking some stuff (?)

Side- game still kicking my ass...love the left flipper hold to drop the post on launch.

#3804 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yep...mostly fine. A bit of color oddity in some text ( dual colors) and I'm sure some other minor oddities exist. I think epthegeek mentioned he would be tweaking some stuff (?)
Side- game still kicking my ass...love the left flipper hold to drop the post on launch.

Working on it when I can. Just have the new video bits to do. Maybe by this weekend.

#3805 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Working on it when I can. Just have the new video bits to do. Maybe by this weekend.

No rush pinbud...major props for your care and willingness to put in the time in, period
Thanks for all you do!!!!!

#3806 4 years ago

Thanks to Robert Winter for the awesome custom code. The dubstep War Pigs version kicks major ass!

What a great game and having a subwoofer on it with the custom soundtrack is incredible!

Ed

#3807 4 years ago

My future code recommends:

1. Remove extra ball and special and crap points from shield awards. Replace with 3 drones, or 3 monger/im letters, or the 3 whiplash hits award.

2. Add ramp counter, which counts toward light extra ball. Default of 20 ramps or so.

3. Add reward for successive orbits like Shadow. Maybe 4 in a row lights extra ball. Four is crazy tough.

4. Default monger setting requires centre shot to start monger. Default is way too monger heavy.

#3808 4 years ago

Hope to see the DMDcolor update soon!
There's new animations for Whiplash, Arc reactor bonus, high champion scores etc... Also, the menu settings is monochrome since the last update, but maybe the coders don't want to lose time with that. It will be cool if the menu is colored.

#3809 4 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

There's new animations for Whiplash, Arc reactor bonus, high champion scores etc... Also, the menu settings is monochrome since the last update, but maybe the coders don't want to lose time with that. It will be cool if the menu is colored.

Coloring the menu is an immense rabbit hole it's better not to go down.

#3810 4 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

The Whiplash Super Jackpot looks quite cool.

Can anyone remind me how to get the main Whiplash insert flashing? It’s obviously not the Superjackpot!

#3811 4 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

No problem, I edited the post.
What's in the newer version?

I adjusted the level on Shoot To Thrill a little bit and added back in the orbit post being disabled by default since I had that in the 1.83 version.

#3812 4 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

The Whiplash Super Jackpot looks quite cool.
Can anyone remind me how to get the main Whiplash insert flashing? It’s obviously not the Superjackpot!

Collecting the super should get monger, whiplash and war machine flashing, completing all 3 rounds of Ironman targets gets that flashing at least it used too.

#3813 4 years ago

If everyone could jump over to this thread and vote Iron Man past CV please:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition

I have a ton of time on both games and there is no reason why CV should be beating Iron Man head to head.

#3814 4 years ago

Ep the geek is a treasure !

#3815 4 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition
I have a ton of time on both games and there is no reason why CV should be beating Iron Man head to head.

Completely agree!!!! IM is just too good of a game to fall in the first round !!!!

#3816 4 years ago

I had a good game on the old code maybe 57,000,000. with the help of Jericho tonight.

I really like the game as is and am not sure I'll be updating the new code. I want to at least wait to I get 4,000 games and I'm over 3,900.

#3817 4 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

CV is an okay game...an okay game I can play for like 40 minutes....I hate that. IM should win that matchup every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Of course IM is a top 5 game for me.

#3818 4 years ago

IM has climbed to the top by 2 votes currently... let's keep it that way!!!

Will most likely fall to MB in the next round..I can live w that I guess ( even though I personally sold MB and IM is planted in my lineup)..

#3819 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

IM has climbed to the top by 2 votes currently... let's keep it that way!!!
Will most likely fall to MB in the next round..I can live w that I guess ( even though I personally sold MB and IM is planted in my lineup)..

Part of the problem is you have to be a solid player to even sniff what IM has to offer. It kicks even good players asses on a regular basis. It's going to frustrate your average casual player. That being said...owning an IM will make an average casual player into a solid player.

#3820 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Part of the problem is you have to be a solid player to even sniff what IM has to offer. It kicks even good players asses on a regular basis. It's going to frustrate your average casual player. That being said...owning an IM will make an average casual player into a solid player.

All my friends who stink at pinball love the game.

#3821 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Big, ball-reactive goo-gah dead center of the PF, outstanding audio, theme they like/are familiar with - makes a lot of sense.

#3822 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

That's because they can get in 10 games within about 12 minutes....instant destruction= major adrenaline rush!!

#3823 4 years ago

I just played some more on 1.85.

For some reason it has focussed my game a bit.

3ball, extra balls off, Iron monger set to hard.

A great game - now turned up to 11.

#3824 4 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

5 vote separation!!!! Much needed, mindless fun...IM must survive to face MB!!!

#3825 4 years ago

Any bugs in the code that anyone has noticed?

#3828 4 years ago

So thankful for the new code, and the job Robert Winter did updating the music. Game now sounds like my old code but plays with all the new features.

Some thoughts:

1) The plunge skillshot into the rollovers for 1M isn't easy at all. Good risk/reward now. Do you take the risk for the 1M, or do you leave the post up & collect an easy 250K+. Plunge to hard & you don't get jack.

That said, I think there's a missed opportunity here for a Super Skillshot & I hope Lyman considers doing a little more polish. I would like to see a Superskill shot that utilizes the sweet flowing Bogey ramps. Hold left flipper & do a full plunge past the lowered post to the LT flipper, then chain & stack together RT & LT ramp shots over & over to amass a HUGE super skillshot. That's a fast shot of adrenaline for the player on every plunge!

2) Leaderboards! Nuff said!

3) I love the fact you can light the extra ball insert now after collecting 2 sets of standup targets. Simple solution to a much needed feature. When your outlanes are set to wide open like mine, the earnable extra ball is greatly appreciated. But there's another layer of strategy now. Sure you can go right for lighting the EB insert, but you'll have to start double scoring to do it. And if you want huge scores on this game, you better not waste that mode. I always tried to delaying starting it until I had Jericho ready, but I usually failed miserably at executing that plan.

4) I see there is an adjustment to allow Fast/Double scoring to begin during a multiball, but I'm leaving that set to off as originally intended. It would be too easy to rack up large scores with those modes starting just from being in multiball. One of my favorite things about IM is that scores are usually low & points have to be EARNED. Nothing is given & that's fine with me. I'm keeping it setup as hard as possible.

5) If anything could be made easier, it's the qualifying for Do or Die Multiball. It can be hard to get to, but it doesn't have to be "LOTR Valinor" hard to get to. IM is a ball breaking difficult game as it is.

Anyway great code! Thank you so much Lyman! Hopefully you are thinking of tweaking one more time down the road

#3829 4 years ago

FYI - I reported the Whiplash “255 Jackpots” issue to Stern earlier today.

#3830 4 years ago

I put up a decent score on the new code with one good ball.
Two balls were typical Iron Man drains.

IMG_0249 (resized).JPGIMG_0249 (resized).JPG
#3831 4 years ago

Got 2,250,000 in plunge skill shots. 2 in one game. 2nd one was worth 1,250,000.

#3832 4 years ago

The Color DMD update is out for the new IM code.

#3833 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

you can light the extra ball insert now after collecting 2 sets of standup targets.

before this was EB insert used for anything?

#3834 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

before this was EB insert used for anything?

Yes, it could be lit as a random mystery award. The percentage lit could be set in the ROM.

#3835 4 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

I put up a decent score on the new code with one good ball.
Two balls were typical Iron Man drains.[quoted image]

Decent ... Hell

I am Lucky to crack 50mil

#3836 4 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Yes, it could be lit as a random mystery award. The percentage lit could be set in the ROM.

what qualified the mystery award?

#3837 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

what qualified the mystery award?

Shield collects.

#3838 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Decent ... Hell
I am Lucky to crack 50mil

Right there with you...new code, new colordmd code, game still kills me...

#3839 4 years ago

I’m getting a nib Iron Man 2014 vault any day now. What cliffy’s do I need to get with this version?

#3840 4 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

I’m getting a nib Iron Man 2014 vault any day now. What cliffy’s do I need to get with this version?

http://www.passionforpinball.com/ironman.htm

All of them!

Edit: evidently non of them!

#3841 4 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

You shouldn't need any of them. The IMVE already has the ramp protectors and Stern added protection around the magnets.

#3842 4 years ago

I put the shooter lane protectors on my IMVE

IMG_9287 (resized).JPGIMG_9287 (resized).JPG
#3843 4 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

I put the shooter lane protectors on my IMVE[quoted image]

Agree 100%. All new Sterns should have shooter lane protection as for some reason Stern seems to over-power all of their coils with no way to adjust like most other manufacturers.

I've added the following to all of my new Sterns and they are awesome.

https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector?variant=18133347500129

#3844 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

So thankful for the new code, and the job Robert Winter did updating the music. Game now sounds like my old code but plays with all the new features.
Some thoughts:
1) The plunge skillshot into the rollovers for 1M isn't easy at all. Good risk/reward now. Do you take the risk for the 1M, or do you leave the post up & collect an easy 250K+. Plunge to hard & you don't get jack.
That said, I think there's a missed opportunity here for a Super Skillshot & I hope Lyman considers doing a little more polish. I would like to see a Superskill shot that utilizes the sweet flowing Bogey ramps. Hold left flipper & do a full plunge past the lowered post to the LT flipper, then chain & stack together RT & LT ramp shots over & over to amass a HUGE super skillshot. That's a fast shot of adrenaline for the player on every plunge!
2) Leaderboards! Nuff said!
3) I love the fact you can light the extra ball insert now after collecting 2 sets of standup targets. Simple solution to a much needed feature. When your outlanes are set to wide open like mine, the earnable extra ball is greatly appreciated. But there's another layer of strategy now. Sure you can go right for lighting the EB insert, but you'll have to start double scoring to do it. And if you want huge scores on this game, you better not waste that mode. I always tried to delaying starting it until I had Jericho ready, but I usually failed miserably at executing that plan.
4) I see there is an adjustment to allow Fast/Double scoring to begin during a multiball, but I'm leaving that set to off as originally intended. It would be too easy to rack up large scores with those modes starting just from being in multiball. One of my favorite things about IM is that scores are usually low & points have to be EARNED. Nothing is given & that's fine with me. I'm keeping it setup as hard as possible.
5) If anything could be made easier, it's the qualifying for Do or Die Multiball. It can be hard to get to, but it doesn't have to be "LOTR Valinor" hard to get to. IM is a ball breaking difficult game as it is.
Anyway great code! Thank you so much Lyman! Hopefully you are thinking of tweaking one more time down the road

Disable that centre post and change your life. For realzies.

#3845 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Disable that centre post and change your life. For realzies.

My code disables that post by default

#3846 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

You shouldn't need any of them. The IMVE already has the ramp protectors and Stern added protection around the magnets.

I’m talking about the 2014 IM vault. Spider-Man vault was the first to add the oversized metal magnet protectors. The 2014 IM vault will still require the carbon fiber rings around the magnets.

Quoted from maffewl:

Agree 100%. All new Sterns should have shooter lane protection as for some reason Stern seems to over-power all of their coils with no way to adjust like most other manufacturers.
I've added the following to all of my new Sterns and they are awesome.
https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector?variant=18133347500129

I’m able to adjust the kick out coils on my JPLE and Elvira.

So no ramp protecter cliffy’s are needed on the 2014 vault. Just carbon cliffy rings for magnets and shooter lane cliffy.

#3847 4 years ago

There's factory installed mylar around the magnets on my vault.

#3848 4 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

I’m talking about the 2014 IM vault. Spider-Man vault was the first to add the oversized metal magnet protectors. The 2014 IM vault will still require the carbon fiber rings around the magnets.

I’m able to adjust the kick out coils on my JPLE and Elvira.
So no ramp protecter cliffy’s are needed on the 2014 vault. Just carbon cliffy rings for magnets and shooter lane cliffy.

I have a 2014 IMVE. There is mylar around the existing magnets. Unless you plan on heavily routing the game, and even then, it's going to take a lot of time, you don't need Cliffy's at the magnets.

#3849 4 years ago

Anyone interested in a dmd panel
stainless stell for IM VE?

Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-09 um 14.39.41 (resized).pngBildschirmfoto 2020-04-09 um 14.39.41 (resized).png
#3850 4 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Anyone interested in a dmd panel
stainless stell for IM VE?[quoted image]

I would if you can changed the Stark Industries logo so it was symmetrical with the dmd opening.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.