(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,018 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 minute ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 101.
#3701 4 years ago

It's already fine like that. Combos and a more fun skillshot will be cool but i'm very happy now

#3702 4 years ago

I really wanted to see something like this for the new skill shot:

Hold left flipper, drops post, full plunge, make some shot (orbit/center/ramp/could move around) to reduce required number of drones by 1. That would have made Do or Die multiball reachable I think.

#3703 4 years ago

I like the new skill shot, would be been a little sweeter if it was the orbits and centre shot (spinners) as the focus of the new skill shot, instead of the usual hold the left flipper button and shoot a ramp..

But love the fact we have high score tables for each mode and added speech and lighting effects!

#3704 4 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Anyone else thinking about enabling this one?

I’ll be turning this on, I’m just not a good enough player to get Ironman modes running prior to multiballs/other modes and the sound effects for Ironman modes (repulser blasts) are too cool not to hear as much as possible.

#3705 4 years ago

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but the one thing it really needed (make DoD obtainable) wasn't touched. Damn.

Good to see a skill shot and earnable extra ball at least.

#3706 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but the one thing it really needed (make DoD obtainable) wasn't touched. Damn.

I don't know if you've seen any footage of it, but DOD multiball is, well, a 'dud' -- it's got one display screen of text and all the shots are worth big points. Other than the "I did it!" there's nothing good about it, and by making the requirements easier, even the "I did it" wouldn't hold as much water.

I'm guessing it couldn't really be changed without having to go through approvals about assets and display and such, so he just left it alone, and since it's not very cool anyway, making it easier to get to doesn't really make sense.

#3707 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I don't know if you've seen any footage of it, but DOD multiball is, well, a 'dud' -- it's got one display screen of text and all the shots are worth big points. Other than the "I did it!" there's nothing good about it, and by making the requirements easier, even the "I did it" wouldn't hold as much water.
I'm guessing it couldn't really be changed without having to go through approvals about assets and display and such, so he just left it alone, and since it's not very cool anyway, making it easier to get to doesn't really make sense.

Would he need approvals if there is unused video/dmd animations already in the code? I notice there’s now added speech on the readme guessing that was already in the code so didn’t need approving again.

But totally agree DoD is lackluster.

#3708 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Would he need approvals if there is unused video/dmd animations already in the code? I notice there’s now added speech on the readme guessing that was already in the code so didn’t need approving again.
But totally agree DoD is lackluster.

Just guessing, but I'd expect if it wasn't in the ROM already, it didn't go through approvals and there's not anything cool in the rom that didn't get used.

Edit: There's 2 new clips in Whiplash (that may have been in the rom already) - so it's not as locked down as I thought.

#3709 4 years ago

Any one know where I can purchase the Hooked on pinball bump caps? His web site says sold out.

#3710 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Any one know where I can purchase the Hooked on pinball bump caps? His web site says sold out.

I would drop him an email, he's great to deal with and may have extra or some coming.

Very good communication with him.

#3711 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Great choice they look amazing! As do all of Hooked’s pop cap replacements.

#3712 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Price is ridiculous but - https://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/IronMan_Page.html#

#3713 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'd rather have lackluster but possible vs amazing but impossible. But I get what you are saying. I love the game, but it just needs that one more thing to do...one more achievable goal. DoD Multiball is already there...just make the requirements not ludicrous and there is that missing layer.

But don't get me wrong...I love that he revisited the game and added as much as he did. It is good stuff, and I do not want to be one of the "never happy" crowd.

#3714 4 years ago

Thanks! I just dropped Hooked on an email. Lets see what happens.

#3715 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'd rather have lackluster but possible vs amazing but impossible. But I get what you are saying. I love the game, but it just needs that one more thing to do...one more achievable goal. DoD Multiball is already there...just make the requirements not ludicrous and there is that missing layer.
But don't get me wrong...I love that he revisited the game and added as much as he did. It is good stuff, and I do not want to be one of the "never happy" crowd.

He did punch up Whiplash multiball and made the requirements to get it easier - which is more in the category of "shit people will actually see", so that's fun.

#3716 4 years ago

Has anyone started bringing the custom audio package over to the new software yet?

#3717 4 years ago

Lyman F'ing Sheats.

Yes, I could complain about DoD Multiball getting no love. And I could still complain that even if it did get love, I will never see it anyway because... Drones. However, I'm pretty excited to load up this update. Iron Man is one of my all time favorite games because it provides so much pinball satisfaction so quickly. All I need to do is whip Shoot To Thrill into this version... unless someone else has already done it.

#3718 4 years ago

Will I need to update my Color LED?

#3719 4 years ago

Sweet! Who did the shoot to thrill code mix? I'll pitch in on a donation to get this updated with the new code.

#3720 4 years ago

That would be me. Let me see what I can do in the next few days.

#3721 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Will I need to update my Color LED?

Yeah, but it'll take me at least a few days to fix up the new bits.

#3722 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Quoted from epthegeek:

Yeah, but it'll take me at least a few days to fix up the new bits.

I don't see how it gets any better than this...straight from the source. Thank you both epthegeek and RobertWinter !!

#3723 4 years ago

Please list any changes and additions code wise you would like, and i will pass it along to the coders.
Ive already mentioned the skill shot to right ramp, left ramp, then whiplash shot for a big points.
Thanks and i look forward to your input!

#3724 4 years ago

Typical Joey over at PDI trying to scalp as per usual, his prices are always ridiculous.

I’m sure Rob aka HOOKED would make more Ironman pops if there was enough interest, he’s a great dude support him over PDI trying to scalp people.

#3725 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

This would be amazing. I’m not updating without Shoot to Thrill and Black Sabbath.

#3726 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Okay guys, more code is coming.
Please list any changes and additions code wise you would like, and i will pass it along to the coders.
Ive already mentioned the skill shot to right ramp, left ramp, then whiplash shot for a big points.

How do you know more is coming? Sorry for my ignorance if everyone else knows who you are

#3727 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

How do you know more is coming? Sorry for my ignorance is everyone else knows who you are

Echoed.

It’s not common to be told that Stern are releasing more code - it usually just pops out unannounced.

Great if you can keep us more informed though! Timescales helpful too.

#3728 4 years ago

Because im buddies with a Stern coder.

#3729 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Okay guys, more code is coming.

Someone mentioned it earlier in the thread, but there should be a skill shot for hitting the right top-lane without changing it.

This may be a Stern thing that they just won't do, but it would be nice to have a flipper power adjustment.

#3730 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

How do you know more is coming? Sorry for my ignorance is everyone else knows who you are

I was thinking the same thing!

#3731 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I am as well - including the one you are likely referring to here in Louisville. But does that mean that you know for a fact that another code drop is coming on the heels of what was just released hours ago *and* it will include what's being discussed here?

#3732 4 years ago

Yes, just installed it. Looking forward to playing it later tonight.

Finally, something to talk about other than ... well you know.

#3733 4 years ago

I wasnt given a timeline on any new code, that would be silly and unmeasurable, but i was told any bugs that i find in the new code or recommendations would be heard.

#3734 4 years ago

Just updated mine. I forgot the original soundtrack, i made a custom code with Black Sabbath at the end of game, and more modifications for Whiplash, Bogey and WM. I will put my code for download soon (with Tron and TWD custom code too). Damn, that super skillshot is hard...

#3735 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:I wasnt given a timeline on any new code, that would be silly and unmeasurable, but i was told any bugs that i find in the new code or recommendations would be heard.

On my machine (Original not VE) the modifications for attenuation Speech and Music don't work. I can put -40 or 40 and it's always at the same level.
I think it will be cool to add:
_ combos
_ do something to make Do or Die MB attainable
_ a skill shot with right ramp shoot or 3 way combo mega skill shoot (right ramp, left ramp, Whiplash)
And it will be fine for me

#3736 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I wasnt given a timeline on any new code, that would be silly and unmeasurable, but i was told any bugs that i find in the new code or recommendations would be heard.

Appreciate the response, but it's not silly to ask when you say "Okay guys, more code is coming." If you know enough to make that claim on behalf of Stern, then my question is fair.

#3737 4 years ago

Gotcha, sorry for the confusion. I just wanted code suggestions in case it does happen.

#3738 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

As far as answers go that’s a good one! Appreciate the information, don’t take my original question the wrong way I was merely curious how you knew, thanks for the response.

#3739 4 years ago

I have 1.85 modified with updated sounds for anyone interested. It's completely untested at this point since I don't have access to my IM.

Anyone willing to beta test, PM me.

#3740 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Gotcha, sorry for the confusion. I just wanted code suggestions in case it does happen.

A couple of skillshots would be awesome,
full plunge round to right flipper to right ramp or instead of the same old same old skill shot to a ramp, how about the skill shot to right orbit/spinner for a full loop?
Then maybe if you repeat it the score doubles with each successive repeat/loop.

Short plunge skillshot to war machine

Combos would be great but maybe Lyman feels those would be to similar to
Bogey?

Fleshed out/achievable Do or Die multiball, I wouldn’t mind it being renamed and made into an entirely different mode so it’s more distinguishable from the Do or Die Center shot, video clips would be cool - I always thought do or die multiball would be perfect for the drone chase scene at the end of iron man 2, as it takes all those drone targets to get to the mode why not make it a mode about the drones with footage of them.

There’s not really much else that could be done Ironman is almost a perfect game.

#3741 4 years ago

What about completing drone, awards a left outlane ball save?

#3742 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

What about completing drone, awards a left outlane ball save?

I don’t know about anyone else but I kinda like Ironman having no ball save except for the middle. I’d love some of the stuff in my post above, simply because I never plan on selling Ironman so the more content and modes the better as it’s a keeper.

#3743 4 years ago

As promise, i change the 1.85 code. You can also find my custom codes for Tron, TWD and Met Pro. Hope you'll like them.

Custom code for 1.85:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-code-for-iron-man-tron-and-twd#post-5566813

#3745 4 years ago

Got to play one game before dinner on the new code, best game to date for me. Had do or die lit, but choked and couldn't make the shot. Such a good game.

IMG_6297 (resized).jpgIMG_6297 (resized).jpg
#3746 4 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

As promise, i change the 1.85 code. You can also find my custom codes for Tron and TWD. Hope you'll like them.
Custom code for 1.85:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-code-for-iron-man-tron-and-twd#post-5566813

That’s great! What are your changes?

#3747 4 years ago

I can include Shoot to thrill to my code if you want, just tell me where and i'll make it (i.e instead of Monger MB)

sulli10: you will find informations with my link

#3748 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

idk, think that's part of the appeal and something to go for every time if your not really playing for points. Still a fun game either way.

Quoted from epthegeek:

Other than the "I did it!" there's nothing good about it

That's the only praise I'd need.

#3749 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Add number of Drones still needed to light War Machine to Instant Info.

If you have blown the Do or Die Hurry up, show what is needed to qualify Jericho in Instant Info on the following balls.

#3750 4 years ago

Monger-shoot to thrill.

Do or die-Replica- jnuary at 1:27 looped.

Bogey ramps- kenny loggins-danger zone

War machine-blade soundtrack-confusion

Whiplash-thunderstruck

Game over- black sabbath iron man.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 24.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/75?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.