(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,016 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 101.
#3551 4 years ago

Shoot all this thread activity I thought there might have been a surprise code polish update. One of these days Lyman. Fingers still crossed

#3552 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Shoot all this thread activity I thought there might have been a surprise code polish update. One of these days Lyman. Fingers still crossed

He mentioned that in a podcast (maybe Head2Head???), but doesn’t own the game himself right now.

#3553 4 years ago

Hi

Who carries the Iron man shooter rod With a detailed head

Thanks

#3554 4 years ago

Selling off an Iron Man lot of mods most importantly are the hard to find red and gold arc reactors by Hooked. Decals, extra figures (both variants of Whiplash), covers, magnet mylar, led molex assembly that can be tied into Whiplashes targets if I remember and a few more odds and ends. Asking $215 shipped for it all. Message me.
006E6FF0-5AF8-4BBD-BC8F-EA37C9755118 (resized).jpeg006E6FF0-5AF8-4BBD-BC8F-EA37C9755118 (resized).jpeg3133C0CA-19A2-4857-9741-5B1E0BA97A79 (resized).jpeg3133C0CA-19A2-4857-9741-5B1E0BA97A79 (resized).jpeg5BA4D231-1B21-4FD8-8F3B-4F1E6123C435 (resized).jpeg5BA4D231-1B21-4FD8-8F3B-4F1E6123C435 (resized).jpegCE05D204-D433-4043-98D0-021F25A8C1DB (resized).jpegCE05D204-D433-4043-98D0-021F25A8C1DB (resized).jpegD3EA9E85-FD3B-4220-85B9-A1BB091C59B4 (resized).jpegD3EA9E85-FD3B-4220-85B9-A1BB091C59B4 (resized).jpegDB96BD92-2707-4259-9A70-0046301B91D3 (resized).jpegDB96BD92-2707-4259-9A70-0046301B91D3 (resized).jpegDC6750F8-DF8A-4FF0-9070-349BFEE136C9 (resized).jpegDC6750F8-DF8A-4FF0-9070-349BFEE136C9 (resized).jpeg

9FC31C20-7765-431A-919F-E573545374DF (resized).jpeg9FC31C20-7765-431A-919F-E573545374DF (resized).jpeg
#3555 4 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Selling off an Iron Man lot of mods most importantly are the hard to find red and gold arc reactors by Hooked. Decals, extra figures (both variants of Whiplash), covers, magnet mylar, led molex assembly that can be tied into Whiplashes targets if I remember and a few more odds and ends. Asking $215 shipped for it all. Message me.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice magnet protectors.

#3556 4 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I just noticed these Anti-Sway target brackets on the Pinballlife website, so I picked several up. These do the trick. I removed the splints (which helped and were the best thing going at that time) and installed them. Didn't take a lot of time and these are solid. Highly recommend these for anyone with targets shifting or just wanting to fortify them.

Are they not held on both sides?

Just looking at that design it looks like they can still lean atleast one direction.

I've had my tron and ironman 3d printed ones on for a year now and they're still good.

2 weeks later
#3557 4 years ago

I just joined the club, does anyone have an extra tight ramp for sale or the right ramp- right side Cliffy?

1 week later
#3558 4 years ago

Has anyone had this issue on the ramps with it bouncing back? I have attached a video below. On my right ramp a have 2 small spacers and the right ramp works great but the left ramp doesn't have any spacers and I get a bounce back (doesn't fall through the hole right away). Any ideas would be appreciated.

#3559 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Has anyone had this issue on the ramps with it bouncing back? I have attached a video below. On my right ramp a have 2 small spacers and the right ramp works great but the left ramp doesn't have any spacers and I get a bounce back (doesn't fall through the hole right away). Any ideas would be appreciated.

The reason for the two hex spacers on the right ramp support is for the right-side playfield spotlight to be mounted BETWEEN the spacers. Your spotlight appears to be mounted ABOVE the top spacer.

The left-side playfield spotlight is not mounted on the ramp support, so the taller, single hex spacer supporting your left ramp is correct.

On my game’s left ramp, the ball bounces back from the rubber bumper about an inch before falling into the in-lane... not as much as yours, and definitely never noticeable before today. I noticed that the bumper bounces the ball a little upwards rather than directly back. The bumper appears to be following the natural contour on the end of the ramp, which is sloped a little backwards towards the player, and not completely perpendicular to the floor of the ramp. I suggest playing with the angle of the bumper to see if you can pitch it a little backwards to deflect some of the ball’s momentum upwards. That may help minimize those long bounce-backs to something less noticeable and annoying.

#3560 4 years ago

Hey everyone. I've been wanting to add something to the bogey ramps since I joined the club. I've always felt that they needed a F22 Raptor to go with the "We've got a bogey". So, I created a custom plastic mod and figured I'd offer it up to anyone interested on here as well. They are digitally printed on PETG plastic, similar to Stern's modern process. Link to my ad below for anyone interested!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/85000
IMG_4390 (resized).JPEGIMG_4390 (resized).JPEGIMG_4391 (resized).JPEGIMG_4391 (resized).JPEGIMG_4393 (resized).JPEGIMG_4393 (resized).JPEG

508FD162-A60C-4F5B-AF15-F6CE36DA4955 (resized).jpeg508FD162-A60C-4F5B-AF15-F6CE36DA4955 (resized).jpeg
#3561 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I had bounce back on both my ramps.

I put a little foam further up the ramp so it slows the ball before it gets to the bottom. I do this on all pins that have high speed ramps.

The ball gets to your flipper significantly faster.

The ball very lightly touches the foam so slows down enough to go directly down the hole without any bounce back.

A3BB0AD7-4CF1-4700-8802-C45CDD065571 (resized).jpegA3BB0AD7-4CF1-4700-8802-C45CDD065571 (resized).jpeg7BC5EA95-50A2-4F1F-8093-03F12933F22B (resized).jpeg7BC5EA95-50A2-4F1F-8093-03F12933F22B (resized).jpeg

#3562 4 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey all, I lowered the price for all these mods. $160 shipped and they are all yours

1 week later
#3563 4 years ago

Can anyone here confirm the newest game code version for Iron Man?

Sterns website says 1.83, but when you download it, it shows 1.6

Even the read me stops at 1.6

Anyone able to explain?

#3564 4 years ago

Someone is selling and claiming to have #105 of 300...?!...is this right...were these games numbered and limited...???...........Joey

#3565 4 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Someone is selling and claiming to have #105 of 300...?!...is this right...were these games numbered and limited...???...........Joey

The VEs are numbered.

Mine is #98 of 300.

#3566 4 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

The VEs are numbered.
Mine is #98 of 300.

Where are the VEs numbered?

I have the 2015 run.

#3567 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Where are the VEs numbered?
I have the 2015 run.

It's either on the edge or bottom of the playfield. I can't remember off hand.

#3568 4 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

It's either on the edge or bottom of the playfield. I can't remember off hand.

That’s just the playfield lot number sticker. It has nothing to do with the total run. I think all Stern playfields have it.

#3569 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

That’s just the playfield lot number sticker. It has nothing to do with the total run. I think all Stern playfields have it.

And of course, it looks like they changed it in the last couple of years. My newer games look like they went to a generic numbering scheme because people were confusing it. I assume the confusion was about LE games having a different number than the playfield.

#3570 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And of course, it looks like they changed it in the last couple of years. My newer games look like they went to a generic numbering scheme because people were confusing it. I assume the confusion was about LE games having a different number than the playfield.

This happened when they changed playfield suppliers. little white sticker = CCC , other = who knows (fun playfield)?

2 weeks later
#3571 4 years ago

Figured I might ask in here - the plastic under Whiplash on my IMVE broke. I don't want to have to order a full plastics set but that's all I could find online. Anyone have any of those extra and/or know a better option to replace it?

IMG_7413 (resized).jpgIMG_7413 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#3572 4 years ago

Does anyone have an extra one of these 2 plastics?
08F7174F-7DD6-4777-9442-0DD1BF339EA4 (resized).jpeg08F7174F-7DD6-4777-9442-0DD1BF339EA4 (resized).jpegCC995A68-E759-40BC-BBF1-02FBBC822F93 (resized).jpegCC995A68-E759-40BC-BBF1-02FBBC822F93 (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#3573 4 years ago

Hallmark is clearing out their keepsake ornaments for 75% off with free shipping to a local hallmark store near you. They have a nice metal $30 retail Iron Man ornament for $7.49:

https://www.hallmark.com/ornaments/keepsake-ornaments/marvel-iron-man-metal-ornament-2999QXI3529.html

#3574 4 years ago

I added some translucent orange and clear flipper buttons to IMVE.
They go well with the cabinet art.

IMG_9583 (resized).JPGIMG_9583 (resized).JPGIMG_9584 (resized).JPGIMG_9584 (resized).JPG
#3575 4 years ago

I’m looking for a whiplash figure with the lighted whips. If anyone has an extra they’ve made and would sell or has one they are selling, please send me a PM.

2 weeks later
#3576 4 years ago

Are or have Iron Man Vault IMVE cabinet decals ever been available to purchase?

#3577 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Are or have Iron Man Vault IMVE cabinet decals ever been available to purchase?

Marcos has the head decals.

Otherwise, maybe reach out to a Stern distributor and see if they can get them

#3578 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Marcos has the head decals.
Otherwise, maybe reach out to a Stern distributor and see if they can get them

I’ve seen those at Marco too, and figured next route would be contact Stern

#3579 4 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

I added some translucent orange and clear flipper buttons to IMVE.
They go well with the cabinet art.[quoted image][quoted image]

Did white on mine as little arc reactors, plan is to get some custom rails made.

#3580 4 years ago

Hey all. Thinking about adding an original run to my collection. Only have room for three pins so I am asking if iron man is deep enough and are the shots diverse enough to stand with WOZ And DP pro for a while?

Recently moved out fish tales - Metallica - TSPP

Many thanks in advance.
Mike

#3581 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Hey all. Thinking about adding an original run to my collection. Only have room for three pins so I am asking if iron man is deep enough and are the shots diverse enough to stand with WOZ And DP pro for a while?
Many thanks in advance.
Mike

Iron Man is cage fighting under glass. I wouldn’t call it a deep game though. Hard yes, but deep no.

#3582 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Many thanks in advance.
Mike

Paul said it perfectly in the post above, but I’ll add that I think Ironman would compliment WOZ & DP perfectly.

Ironman isn’t the deepest game out there but it’s one of the most fun, I still have an original release Ironman I got NIB, don’t think I’ll ever sell it.

#3583 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Many thanks in advance.
Mike

Iron Man is a fast, abusive game, especially with the outlanes open. Seems like it would fit in your lineup because you don't have any quick play pins that can be over in a few minutes.

But it's kind of like Bride of Pinbot in that it's about one shot. Build it up, hit it, win.

#3584 4 years ago

Disagree that IM is anything like BoP.

In IM you have to shoot everything to light the Do or Die Hurry Up. Survive 8 drone targets, 5 whiplash hits, 6 Monger hits, all the Iron Man targets, hit the War Machine kickback, and enough ramps for Bogie. Oh and do it all on the same ball.

The game is an ass kicking masterpiece.

#3585 4 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Disagree that IM is anything like BoP.
In IM you have to shoot everything to light the Do or Die Hurry Up. Survive 8 drone targets, 5 whiplash hits, 6 Monger hits, all the Iron Man targets, hit the War Machine kickback, and enough ramps for Bogie. Oh and do it all on the same ball.
The game is an ass kicking masterpiece.

Okay, but it's still all about that one shot in the end. Just like BoP. Granted, BoP is much easier to light the billions shot, but the end result is the same. Iron Man does it better, but it's doing a similar thing.

#3586 4 years ago

Thanks all. Appreciate the response.

#3587 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Okay, but it's still all about that one shot in the end. Just like BoP. Granted, BoP is much easier to light the billions shot, but the end result is the same. Iron Man does it better, but it's doing a similar thing.

Again disagree. Do or Die Hurry Up is worth 35 million max unless you have double scoring lit which in over 1500 games I have yet to do. When GC is 100 million plus that means Do or Die was at best only 35% of that score. Not anywhere near scoring a billion out of no where like BoP. Plus BoP is just left ramp all day, over and over again. Iron Man has amazing balance when you really sit back and look at it. It has the perfect amount of depth for how incredibly brutal it is.

#3588 4 years ago

IM would shine in a lineup with WOZ & DP.

IM is a game that every time you push the start button, you will feel like you have a shot to set the new GC. Then 30 seconds later, you'll press the start button again with that same feeling.

The rules are simple. The shots flow really well. It walks up to you, shakes your hand, then kicks you in the junk.

It most definitely is not a one shot game. It is an every shot counts game, and if you miss, you are punished. Every mode counts.

For instance, the best possible method for scoring involves the following:

Note, this is all in a single ball:
- Complete all character modes (sets up Do or Die hurry-up)
- Complete Iron Man targets twice (sets up double scoring)
- Hit center spinner (activates Do or Die hurry-up)
- Hit center spinner again ASAP (collects hurry-up)

Good luck with this as I've only done it once, ever.

#3589 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

are the shots diverse enough to stand with WOZ And DP pro for a while?

IM is very different. I used to have mine next to my WOZ, and they play off each other very well. They are so different that you can play the one you’re in the mood for.

#3590 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

IM is very different. I used to have mine next to my WOZ, and they play off each other very well. They are so different that you can play the one you’re in the mood for.

I have both. They do compliment each other. IM- fast,furious. WOZ,Ruby Red- leisurely pinball. Depends on your mood, like them both. IM also never breaks like WOZ does, although she has more toys.

#3591 4 years ago

Can someone share the code for the acdc songs in the game?

#3592 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Can someone share the code for the acdc songs in the game?

PM me your email. My pinside mail isn't working to respond.

#3593 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think the difference is are you thinking of only the highest scoring games or not? If you play in a regular basis, unless you Nerf IM completely, you aren't hitting the Do Or Die shot frequently. When you do you've had one heck of a game, but if you walk up to IM in a tournament setting for instance, you need a different strategy than just hit Do Or Die.

Bop is hit the ramp, hit the ramp hit the ramp hit the ramp hit the ramp regardless of if you're going for high score or tournament.

Bop is not a very good tournament game. IM is one of the best.

#3594 4 years ago

Just heard they are doing another IM VE run in March.

#3595 4 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Just heard they are doing another IM VE run in March.

Really?

#3597 4 years ago

The first Re-vault?

Fingers crossed this would be the perfect opportunity to make a few code changes. Not holding my breath, but man...just a few small things and this game would be near perfect.

#3598 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

The first Re-vault?
Fingers crossed this would be the perfect opportunity to make a few code changes. Not holding my breath, but man...just a few small things and this game would be near perfect.

Lyman did say that he’d like to polish IM’s code one day, in a podcast I think???

#3599 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

The first Re-vault?

Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Lyman did say that he’d like to polish IM’s code one day, in a podcast I think???

Yeah, he's been tinkering with it for some time. I really hope this means that gets released too.

#3600 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yeah, he's been tinkering with it for some time. I really hope this means that gets released too.

So he’s already been working on the IM code? I remember hearing he would like to add to the code especially more high score tables but didn’t realise he was already tinkering with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Mary, FL
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 24.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.