(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,521 posts
  • 316 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Astropin
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 745 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

29FE3FB2-4C49-450D-9F33-575D757C078B (resized).jpeg
IMG_2752 (resized).jpg
B6024FA0-545B-4A39-B92D-315B307BDE4E (resized).jpeg
41E42D32-1E27-4290-A09F-B8A29CC796C5.jpeg
4D3D5EAB-A0BC-4FC6-AC38-6575A3FB3147.jpeg
65ACE028-551D-425D-B9F5-945B147B16E5.jpeg
FF2A9D48-8CC7-43CF-A751-484B4001D24E.jpeg
thumbnail-1 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail-7 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail-6 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail-4 (resized).jpeg
2222 (resized).jpg
5555 (resized).jpg
1111 (resized).jpeg
4444 (resized).jpg
3333 (resized).jpg

There are 3521 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 71.
#3501 46 days ago

Rules question: A guy told me that if you hit an orbit/spinner first then hit Monger toy when raised, you get a higher point value for bashing monger.

I can’t seem to confirm any added value. Score seems the same to me with or without orbit shot?

#3502 46 days ago

They explain this rule on one of the Buffalo pinball streams...I’ll try to find it...........Joey

#3503 46 days ago

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/239408009
He explains and shows this at the 10 min mark.............Joey

#3504 45 days ago

Anyone ever have a problem with the ball getting stuck at the end of the right ramp? It’s getting hung up on the edge of the slingshot plastic. It’s like the ramp or the slingshot plastic need to move 2mm the opposite direction and I’m not sure how to pull that off without breaking something.

#3505 44 days ago

The sling shot plastic has play in it. Loosen the nuts and adjust as needed.

1 week later
#3506 36 days ago

Dear IM Owners,

Posted below elsewhere and was made aware of this thread. Hope you can help. Except for the criminally insane DMD everybody's nuts for our new IMVE.

"1. Holy bleep, the DMD is illegible. Nobody can tell what's going on during cut scenes. Is Color DMD a must, or is there something I'm not seeing in settings?
2. I put in a custom message...'Welcome to the [XXX] Arcade!"...but it shows up with a line thru it, with scores from the last game to the left, and it runs off the screen to the right. Crappy pic attached. That can't be right...can it?
3. How can I get Iron Monger to stay down until earned? He pops up at game end and lowers at start. I turned the motor off in setting #18, but that's not it."

I've since learned color is a must-do, but further amateur Qs...which is better, an LCD or LED? What's the best way to acquire the DMD, please? And is it massively better or is the problem really the video driver? Do I toss the old DMD or sell it for a sizable offset to the crazy ~$400 for color?

Inquiring minds. Thanks for any insight!

IMG_2752 (resized).jpg
#3507 36 days ago
Quoted from slcorrado:

Dear IM Owners,
Posted below elsewhere and was made aware of this thread. Hope you can help. Except for the criminally insane DMD everybody's nuts for our new IMVE.
"1. Holy bleep, the DMD is illegible. Nobody can tell what's going on during cut scenes. Is Color DMD a must, or is there something I'm not seeing in settings?
2. I put in a custom message...'Welcome to the [XXX] Arcade!"...but it shows up with a line thru it, with scores from the last game to the left, and it runs off the screen to the right. Crappy pic attached. That can't be right...can it?
3. How can I get Iron Monger to stay down until earned? He pops up at game end and lowers at start. I turned the motor off in setting #18, but that's not it."
I've since learned color is a must-do, but further amateur Qs...which is better, an LCD or LED? What's the best way to acquire the DMD, please? And is it massively better or is the problem really the video driver? Do I toss the old DMD or sell it for a sizable offset to the crazy ~$400 for color?
[quoted image]

1. ColorDMD is a "should" and in your case, probably the best thing to solve your issue. ColorDMD.com I prefer LCD, some like the LED.
2. Never tried a custom message - can't help ya there.
3. Iron Monger is up by design in attract mode and requested to be that way by Gary Stern himself to the programmers. It goes down by design at the start of the game. Theory is that it is shown in attract mode so the playfield doesn't look as bare and its so you know there is something there to strive/shoot for.

#3508 36 days ago
Quoted from slcorrado:

Hit the start button again before he has a chance to start coming up. Rinse, Lather, Repeat

As for the ColorDMD, yes, LCD. Nobody actually likes the color LED because they always look out of focus due to the offsets inside the LEDs between colors.

#3509 35 days ago
Quoted from slcorrado:

Dear IM Owners,
[quoted image]

Try to un-seat and re-seat all DMD cables. Sometimes a DMD issue is as simple as that. If you are leaning towards a ColorDMD, you won't be disappointed. I also have an LCD and love it.

1 week later
#3510 25 days ago

Hi

My Iron Man has very Slight spotting on the ramp flaps .. still very smooth but would like To replace them

Any good sources ? I have checked around but come up short

Any other pins have same size flap ?

Thanks

#3511 23 days ago

Put a color DMD (LCD) in mine and is o.k. The video capture animations don't really do anything justice but still much better than the stock monochrome.
Have a red led DMD in the apron also, really way to do the comparisons.
Your DMD with the line is faulty, probably has a dead (dark) LED that causes the addressing/display error. Not a valuable item with this in mind.
Since they work in B/W games (with an appropriate 5V supply), always good for a spare if you need a display in a hurry.

#3512 21 days ago

Unbelievable. Where does the time go?

I started this Iron Man Club thread 5 years ago! I can't believe that I have had my (second) Iron Man that long. And still not ready to sell!

#3513 21 days ago
Quoted from RobT:

I started this Iron Man Club thread 5 years ago! I can't believe that I have had my (second) Iron Man that long. And still not ready to sell!

I sold mine last year, but wish I still had it. I just can't afford any more than I have right now and might need to even move another game to pay bills.

Oh well!

Rob

#3514 20 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I sold mine last year, but wish I still had it. I just can't afford any more than I have right now and might need to even move another game to pay bills.
Oh well!
Rob

Let me know when you're ready to move something. I might dip in

#3515 20 days ago
Quoted from RobT:

A friend of mine really wanted my Vault Edition. I like my friends to be happy... but I like me being happy more. I had to say no.

Iron Man just provides pure pinball satisfaction in a 3 minute long game. I’m still bummed I poo pooed it for so many years calling it a “one ball game”. If Stern hadn’t released the VE I never would have known what a great game it really was.

#3516 20 days ago

Who sells these pop bumper cap kits besides pinballdecals?

29FE3FB2-4C49-450D-9F33-575D757C078B (resized).jpeg
#3517 20 days ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Who sells these pop bumper cap kits besides pinballdecals?[quoted image]

Hooked did the ones on my game. They look similar.

#3518 20 days ago

Hooked on Pinball

After owning at least 35 pins, i'm sure my Iron Man will never leave. In fact, if i'm not interested in pinball anymore, i will keep it, just because it's a perfect game.

1 week later
#3519 11 days ago

Has any one made an ac/dc music version of the rom's?

I don't own an ac/dc so saying 'just go play that' doesn't help me.
I've googled it and id found people talking about it years ago but nothing recent.

#3520 10 days ago

There's a version with "Shoot to Thrill" during War Machine multiball and an outro of Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" when the game is over. Not sure if there is a version with more than that, though I would be interested as well. It would be awesome to have a version with more AC/DC music.

#3521 9 days ago
Quoted from maffewl:

There's a version with "Shoot to Thrill" during War Machine
multiball and an outro of Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" when the game
is over. Not sure if there is a version with more than that, though
I would be interested as well. It would be awesome to have a
version with more AC/DC music.

Yeah...I have the version you are referring to.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Morgan Hill, CA
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Machine - For Sale
Bucyrus, KS
$ 16.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Morgantown, PA
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 3521 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 71.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside