(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,509 posts
  • 314 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by maffewl
  • Topic is favorited by 100 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 744 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2752 (resized).jpg
B6024FA0-545B-4A39-B92D-315B307BDE4E (resized).jpeg
41E42D32-1E27-4290-A09F-B8A29CC796C5.jpeg
4D3D5EAB-A0BC-4FC6-AC38-6575A3FB3147.jpeg
65ACE028-551D-425D-B9F5-945B147B16E5.jpeg
FF2A9D48-8CC7-43CF-A751-484B4001D24E.jpeg
thumbnail-1 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail-7 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail-6 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail-4 (resized).jpeg
2222 (resized).jpg
5555 (resized).jpg
1111 (resized).jpeg
4444 (resized).jpg
3333 (resized).jpg
6B4EDA35-0993-4F30-AF5F-D7BB6DF40329 (resized).jpeg

There are 3509 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 71.
#3451 87 days ago

Another gold I considered, but thought it was a little too light... (potc, but the armor is what I was after)

2222 (resized).jpg
#3452 87 days ago

Sweet line-up of powder coated machines! My LOTR has a similar but darker powder coating.

thumbnail-4 (resized).jpegthumbnail-6 (resized).jpegthumbnail-7 (resized).jpegthumbnail-1 (resized).jpeg
#3453 84 days ago

Anytime I can use red on armour I do it, any other colour on this game doesn't look right to me.

#3454 84 days ago

I went red, works well on the VE:

4D3D5EAB-A0BC-4FC6-AC38-6575A3FB3147.jpeg65ACE028-551D-425D-B9F5-945B147B16E5.jpegFF2A9D48-8CC7-43CF-A751-484B4001D24E.jpeg41E42D32-1E27-4290-A09F-B8A29CC796C5.jpeg
#3455 84 days ago

This may have been hashed out somewhere before, but what is the consensus on ColorDMD settings? Are most using Scan, HiRes, DotsXL, etc.? I want to know what most have found to work best with the movie scenes.

I currently have it on Scan but am open to suggestions.

#3456 84 days ago
Quoted from maffewl:

This may have been hashed out somewhere before, but what is the consensus on ColorDMD settings? Are most using Scan, HiRes, DotsXL, etc.? I want to know what most have found to work best with the movie scenes.

Using DotsXL on all my games.

#3457 84 days ago
Quoted from maffewl:

DotsXL. Hires looks bad on the movie scenes.

#3458 84 days ago

Anyonr have a comparison of the cdmd lcd vs led on iron Man...

I am curious for future if I ever buy one

#3459 80 days ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I always go LCD. The LED ones bug my eyes. They always look out of focus to me.

#3460 80 days ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I was super interested in the LED when it first came out. Finally laid my eyes on one a few months ago. So glad that I went LCD. The LED one just didn’t look right to me. Props to ColorDMD for innovating, and it may be the go to choice for some, but LCD is the best option IMHO.

#3461 80 days ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'm with you there, seems to be split down the middle for a lot of people, some really like the LED. I traded the LED I bought for an LCD. Both of us are happy.

#3462 80 days ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Quoted from maffewl:

I was super interested in the LED when it first came out. Finally laid my eyes on one a few months ago. So glad that I went LCD. The LED one just didn’t look right to me. Props to ColorDMD for innovating, and it may be the go to choice for some, but LCD is the best option IMHO.

Quoted from Kawydud:

I'm with you there, seems to be split down the middle for a lot of people, some really like the LED. I traded the LED I bought for an LCD. Both of us are happy.

So....

F.

I'm sure I'll come across them both sooner or later. Appreciate your responses. Just want to .ake an educated decision before I pull the trigger.

After $ conversion and taxes, cdmd is crazy money up here.

#3463 80 days ago

Has anyone else tried globalls in their IM?
I put blue balls in it, makes ramps way more makeable and more dynamic play.

#3464 80 days ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I’m not a fan blue balls

#3465 80 days ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

No.

Also; never.

#3466 80 days ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

The ball colour make the ramps easier? If so; that's a new one.

Smaller balls i could appreciate, but just a different colour making a particular shot easier is quite an unusual statement.

#3467 79 days ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

The ball colour make the ramps easier? If so; that's a new one.
Smaller balls i could appreciate, but just a different colour making a particular shot easier is quite an unusual statement.

There is a weight difference as well. They are lighter.

https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-glo-balls?variant=1300538840

#3468 79 days ago

got you - makes more sense now!

#3469 79 days ago

Ramps shouldn't be a problem. Maybe you need a flipper rebuild or some cleaning.

2 weeks later
#3470 59 days ago

Anyone have a copy of the manual that has the light and switch matrix in it? Even the one Stern sent me a link to doesn't have them.

#3471 59 days ago

Are there any differences between the PRO edition and the VE edition?
Do both use the same code?

#3472 59 days ago
Quoted from Toads:

Same code.

#3473 59 days ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Anyone have a copy of the manual that has the light and switch matrix in it? Even the one Stern sent me a link to doesn't have them.

I'll check my printed version tomorrow.

#3474 59 days ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Try internet pinball database. They usually got the manuals.

#3475 59 days ago
Quoted from Toads:

Same code and rules, but there are two different code files due to the chipset differences I think. Same gameplay though!

#3476 58 days ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Same code and rules, but there are two different code files due to the chipset differences I think. Same gameplay though!

Same chipset. However, the Vault came with LEDs. So the settings for the lighting effects are set differently by default. An incandescent bulb has a different attack as it comes on, and can be dimmed. However, standard LEDs are on or off. That’s why when you look at a IMVE the bulbs look harsh as they snap on and off. So you lose the fade effects in attract mode and some of them during play (Whiplash). That’s a big reason it looks different on the VE. I put an LED OCD board and changed the light settings in mine, just to get those fades back.

#3477 57 days ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Try internet pinball database. They usually got the manuals.

Seems all of the pdf versions I have found don't have any of the matrix charts.

#3478 57 days ago
Quoted from Toads:

Stern clearly has 2 separate game codes/downloads. One for vault and another for pro. I would not mix the two up.

#3479 57 days ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

Stern clearly has 2 separate game codes/downloads. One for vault and another for pro. I would not mix the two up.

The reason I ask was for setting up high scores pages.

#3480 57 days ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Same chipset. However, the Vault came with LEDs. So the settings for the lighting effects are set differently by default. An incandescent bulb has a different attack as it comes on, and can be dimmed. However, standard LEDs are on or off. That’s why when you look at a IMVE the bulbs look harsh as they snap on and off. So you lose the fade effects in attract mode and some of them during play (Whiplash). That’s a big reason it looks different on the VE. I put an LED OCD board and changed the light settings in mine, just to get those fades back.

Same as you with an OCD in my VE, vastly superior light show set to incandescent mode, but there was definitely a minor difference between the SAM board they used - something about an Atmel (?) chip maybe. Looking on Stern’s revised support site; even their readme file is out of date, referencing 1.6 only, with a single 1.83 download. I clearly remember there being 2 downloads due to that minor chipset discrepancy. If you have an IM Original I would contact Stern directly instead of risking screwing your machine.

EDIT:
Found something:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-code-183#post-3411068

V 01.83 - 19-August-2014
====================
System Changes:
- Games built with CPU Part #520-5352-00 need to use V1.83_VE code.
- Games built with CPU Part #520-5246-00 need to use V1.83 code.
- CPU Part #520-5352-00 is built with an FTDI USB chip
- CPU Part #520-5246-00 is built with an Atmel USB chip
- There are no game rule changes between V1.83 & V1.83_VE

1 week later
#3481 46 days ago

I just went from very excited... because I finally own an Iron Man. To very bummed out... because the machine I bought has a broken right ramp, and after searching for the last hour, all I can find is several years of wanted ads from people needing right ramps and not being able to find them.

Am I screwed, or are there right ramps available that I just didn't find?

#3482 46 days ago
Quoted from swilson143:

I just went from very excited... because I finally own an Iron Man. To very bummed out... because the machine I bought has a broken right ramp, and after searching for the last hour, all I can find is several years of wanted ads from people needing right ramps and not being able to find them.
Am I screwed, or are there right ramps available that I just didn't find?

Did you try calling Stern directly?

#3483 46 days ago

Out of curiosity, where do these ramps commonly crack/break? I would like to add a little mylar protection in these areas if it is something to be expected.

#3484 41 days ago

They break at the lower entrance. You can buy ramp protectors. Sometime the ramp protectors can help repair an already damaged ramp. I've done it on my IM & AC/DC.

1 week later
#3485 34 days ago

Hi guys,
what do you think is better for IM, ColorDMD LCD or LED? Does the LCD fits well with the pixelated animation from the movie?

#3486 34 days ago

Games with video clips don’t do as well with the color dmd as they appear grainy. IM and SM suffer from this. It’s still better than the stock dmd. I have lcd and I use dotsxl.

#3487 34 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Games with video clips don’t do as well with the color dmd as they appear grainy. IM and SM suffer from this. It’s still better than the stock dmd. I have lcd and I use dotsxl.

Agreed. Although I think the IM colouration is noticeably better than SM.

#3488 34 days ago

I have the Color LED and I think it looks great on Iron Man.

#3489 34 days ago

Does the LCD is more reliable than LED? I had several red dmd led installed with an additionnal line or pixels missing...

#3490 33 days ago

I use a ColorDMD LCD.

#3491 33 days ago

LCD DOTSXL is also what I do for this particular game.

#3492 31 days ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Did you try calling Stern directly?

Yes. Got sent to voicemail and left a message. Never got a call back

Let Pinball Life know I needed a right ramp. They told me they already had them on order from Stern, but had no ETA.

They were awesome though, and when they got 2 in last week's shipment they sent me an email letting me know. Should have the new ramp this Friday.

#3493 26 days ago

Can someone help me with this please.I’m not sure if I’m missing something easy...replay award is set to credit..replay score is set to 5,000,000i reach that and no knocker...knocker works in test and on match...what am I missing...Thank you in advance.......Joey

B6024FA0-545B-4A39-B92D-315B307BDE4E (resized).jpeg
#3494 26 days ago

Knocker can be turned off in settings.

#3495 26 days ago

Thank you...yes I’ve checked the settings many,many times..knocker is on,set to normal,replay is set to credit,knocks fine if there’s a match at end of game...just no knock when the replay score is passed....?!..........Joey

#3496 26 days ago

I only care as this is one of the only things that gets guests excited to play...I set it low..and they feel a little sense of accomplishment when they hear it....Thank you...........Joey

#3497 25 days ago

It could be set to extra ball and not credit.

#3498 25 days ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

It could be set to extra ball and not credit.

Well he did say it’s set to credit.

So I’d just do a factory reset and reset the settings. And if that didn’t fix it, I’d reload. Then the only thing I’d change is setting it to free play and test it. Then I’d figure out which setting I changed was impacting it.

#3499 23 days ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Well he did say it’s set to credit.
So I’d just do a factory reset and reset the settings. And if that didn’t fix it, I’d reload. Then the only thing I’d change is setting it to free play and test it. Then I’d figure out which setting I changed was impacting it.

It's been awhile, but I thought that it was 2 different settings and extra ball would override the the credit. I have a 2010, but it's not at my house, so I can't check.

#3500 23 days ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Can someone help me with this please.I’m not sure if I’m missing something easy...replay award is set to credit..replay score is set to 5,000,000i reach that and no knocker...knocker works in test and on match...what am I missing...Thank you in advance.......Joey[quoted image]

That’s a ve so it doesn’t have a physical knocker just the audio one right?

Double check that q24 is NOT set to knocker (which means it’s expecting a physical knocker. Like the redshift addon).
https://redshiftled.com.au/Installing-a-knocker.php

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Solon, OH
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
4,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, DC
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 26.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 3509 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 71.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside