(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_2 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_1 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_3 (resized).jpg

There are 5,008 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 101.
#3351 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Now for some questions:
Does iron man (original) have batteries and need an nvram replacement?
Any other must have mods?

I second the subwoofer it makes a ton of difference. Color DMD looks good and the Ruby Red trim really makes the machine pop.

Iron Man (resized).JPGIron Man (resized).JPG
#3352 5 years ago

Iron Man 2010 Manual: does anyone have an electronic version of the full 2010 manual? The one on Stern website is only about 30 pages and is missing a bunch of information such as wiring and switch schematics, information about CPU, etc. I'm buying an Iron Man as my first non-EM pin and want to be able to arm myself with information about the pin so that I can open it up and consider doing some mods.

If you have a full manual, please PM or post electronically.
Thanks!

#3353 5 years ago
Quoted from Portkey:

Iron Man 2010 Manual: does anyone have an electronic version of the full 2010 manual? The one on Stern website is only about 30 pages and is missing a bunch of information such as wiring and switch schematics, information about CPU, etc. I'm buying an Iron Man as my first non-EM pin and want to be able to arm myself with information about the pin so that I can open it up and consider doing some mods.
If you have a full manual, please PM or post electronically.
Thanks!

I have IM got nib, 2010,don't understand the electronically.
Ebay has one used for $16, currently.

#3354 5 years ago

You can also go to IPDB and download one there.

Quoted from HIPPY:

I have IM got nib, 2010,don't understand the electronically.
Ebay has one used for $16, currently.

#3355 5 years ago

I was able to track one down. Here is the manual for Iron Man 2010 Pro version.

IronMan Manual Pro.pdfIronMan Manual Pro.pdf
#3356 5 years ago

It looks like pinside won't allow me to post a PDF. If anyone has a place that I can send this pdf file to so that it is available to folks on pinside, let me know.

#3357 5 years ago
Quoted from Portkey:

It looks like pinside won't allow me to post a PDF. If anyone has a place that I can send this pdf file to so that it is available to folks on pinside, let me know.

Thanks for posting that pdf. Luckily, I’ve never needed my manual (still in goodie bag, lol) but a pdf copy is nice to have.

#3358 5 years ago

IM sound modders!

Question: have any of you had volume issues with custom sound packages? And with pinball browser modified code, does it ever mess with any Service Menu functions?

I finally got around to installing a pinball browser sound package, made by a fellow Pinsider. Install went fine, but the two things I want to hear the loudest- Shoot to Thrill during Whiplash MB and Black Sabbath at end game - are lower than all other sounds. I’ve messed with every sound setting I can find and cannot get those two customizations any louder. Author says I’m the only one that has had this issue.

I also think the custom code makes some of the Shaker motor setting not work, and makes some of the coil diagnostics not work, but I could be wrong about that.

Any advice or experience here? Thanks!

2 weeks later
#3359 5 years ago

Hey all...looking for advice on how to attach whiplash’s whips..(trying to stay away from superglue)...I guess a lot of pins shipped without them...?...Thank you for any input............Joey

C940BFD5-E6E4-4E36-9732-93092B03A75D (resized).jpegC940BFD5-E6E4-4E36-9732-93092B03A75D (resized).jpeg
#3360 5 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Hey all...looking for advice on how to attach whiplash’s whips..(trying to stay away from superglue)...I guess a lot of pins shipped without them...?...Thank you for any input............Joey
[quoted image]

I use hot glue.

Can't just use a basic hot glue gun. Get one that has interchangeable tips and use the smallest tip.

1 week later
#3361 5 years ago

Hey guys,
Wondering if anyone has had this. My friends IM the skill shot is impossible. If you full plunge it loops but if you go light to try for the rollovers it veers wildly to the left off the “jump” and hits a little post with a donut rubber and dribbles down to the right flipper. We have it pretty well level, I think. I will test more, but it felt like a mechanical problem.

#3362 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Hey guys,
Wondering if anyone has had this. My friends IM the skill shot is impossible. If you full plunge it loops but if you go light to try for the rollovers it veers wildly to the left off the “jump” and hits a little post with a donut rubber and dribbles down to the right flipper. We have it pretty well level, I think. I will test more, but it felt like a mechanical problem.

There is a post in the upper loop, I will bet it is disabled , or, needs help. Check your feature settings.

#3363 5 years ago

I officially joined the club today. Under 1400 plays, HUO, with shaker and saidwall art. I'm the 3rd owner and she might as well be new. Threw 4 new balls in it just for good measure. I need to locate the carbon fiber magnet protectors I've seen floating around ASAP. I'm also getting a little bit of ball hop off the front of the Iron Monger plastic so I need to figure out how to adjust that height. Final adjustments tomorrow, I'm worn out after driving all day to go get her.

20180831_195033 (resized).jpg20180831_195033 (resized).jpg
#3364 5 years ago

Gotta email Cliffy. Should be the same ones that are used in Spider-Man. Have fun with that pin.

#3365 5 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

I officially joined the club today. Under 1400 plays, HUO, with shaker and saidwall art. I'm the 3rd owner and she might as well be new. Threw 4 new balls in it just for good measure. I need to locate the carbon fiber magnet protectors I've seen floating around ASAP. I'm also getting a little bit of ball hop off the front of the Iron Monger plastic so I need to figure out how to adjust that height. Final adjustments tomorrow, I'm worn out after driving all day to go get her.
[quoted image]

To fix your airballs, use a straight edge across the monger plate and adjust the screws until plate is flush with it.

#3366 5 years ago

Is this lone metal tab in everyone's shooter lane or just mine? Other than nicking up balls what could its purpose be?

20180901_132205 (resized).jpg20180901_132205 (resized).jpg
#3367 5 years ago

These are the famous hack installed Stern flipper buttons correct?

If I recall correctly I should remove the screw and washer and then flip the hex nut holding the flipper button in over. Then the washer and screw will not be needed. Is that right?

20180901_150033 (resized).jpg20180901_150033 (resized).jpg
#3368 5 years ago

Selling a nice IMVE. Please PM me if interested.

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Very Nice HOU IMVE. Original Owner. Purchased new Feb 2015. Mods/Details include: Pinball Life Rev B Shaker Motor Hooked Whiplash with EL White Whips Speaker Lights and acryl...”
2018-10-10
Silver Spring, MD
Archived after: 19 days
Viewed: 996 times

#3369 5 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Is this lone metal tab in everyone's shooter lane or just mine? Other than nicking up balls what could its purpose be?
[quoted image]

I have an original,I got NIB in 2010, mine has the same tab in shooter lane. Looks like some kinda brace for the guide. Never had an issue with it.

#3370 5 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

[quoted image]

Very good find/catch...on my VE they are there but the ball rolls past them without touching............Joey

#3371 5 years ago

I have IM set at 6.5* with the bubble just touching the top line. I can post pass with no issue from the right flipper over to the left flipper. I can not post pass from the left flipper over to the right flipper. Is this normal geometry or is there some sort of adjustment I should be looking to make?

1 week later
#3372 5 years ago

Will any more Arc Reactor bumper caps ever be made?

Still trying to figure out if every IM can't post pass from left to right or if there is something wrong with my setup.

Sector 16 Iron Monger decal installed yesterday followed by at least an hour of dialing in the lid to try and get it perfect with the playfield. It's as close as I can get it now without starting to bend stuff. Played several games after and had zero air balls so I think I'll call it good enough.

#3373 5 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Will any more Arc Reactor bumper caps ever be made?
Still trying to figure out if every IM can't post pass from left to right or if there is something wrong with my setup.
Sector 16 Iron Monger decal installed yesterday followed by at least an hour of dialing in the lid to try and get it perfect with the playfield. It's as close as I can get it now without starting to bend stuff. Played several games after and had zero air balls so I think I'll call it good enough.

Pinball Life has a cheaper version. I got the blue, nice.

#3374 5 years ago

Does anyone make and sell the EL Wire whips for whiplash?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3375 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Pinball Life has a cheaper version. I got the blue, nice.

Thanks for the info

#3376 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

I've got some EL Wire on order now to make a set. I'll try and take photos as I go. Shouldn't be too hard.

#3377 5 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

I've got some EL Wire on order now to make a set. I'll try and take photos as I go. Shouldn't be too hard.

Thanks

#3378 5 years ago

** Script/Request Number for Kicker "Boom!" Sought; Pinball Browser **

Does anyone happen to know the script number for the boom heard when you hit the War Machine kicker?

I'm using Pinball Browser to find certain sounds, but I just can't find that boom.

Thanks!

#3379 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Checkout www.hookedonpinball.com or www.kimballspinballs.com both do the best IM mods.

#3380 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

** Script/Request Number for Kicker "Boom!" Sought; Pinball Browser **
Does anyone happen to know the script number for the boom heard when you hit the War Machine kicker?
I'm using Pinball Browser to find certain sounds, but I just can't find that boom.
Thanks!

In my notes from when I cataloged all the IM sounds when I was working on IM HD I have 0084 as the war machine kicker. Try that one.

#3381 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

I made my own. Pretty simple to do.

IMG_20180919_150308 (resized).jpgIMG_20180919_150308 (resized).jpgIMG_20180919_150314 (resized).jpgIMG_20180919_150314 (resized).jpg
#3382 5 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I made my own. Pretty simple to do.[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great.

#3383 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

In my notes from when I cataloged all the IM sounds when I was working on IM HD I have 0084 as the war machine kicker. Try that one.

Hi.

Thanks for chiming in.

Sound Request 84 (aka script 0x84, 1.345s) is an explosion of sorts but to my ear a different sound than the kicker boom.

Pinball Browser v6.42 displays no script "0084" as such. Did you mean 0x84?

I have searched the whole catalog by request #'s and script #'s alike. That boom just ain't there!

#3384 5 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Quoted from mmuglia:

I made my own. Pretty simple to do.[quoted image][quoted image]

I wish someone would document how they made theirs (amazon part list, photos, connections), because I wanted to make a set for so long, but I've never found the right way to do it. Not paying someone all that money for a relativity simple mod either.

#3385 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Hi.
Thanks for chiming in.
Sound Request 84 (aka script 0x84, 1.345s) is an explosion of sorts but to my ear it's a different sound than the kicker boom.
Pinball Browser v6.42 displays no script "0084" as such. Did you mean 0x84?
I have searched the whole catalog by request #'s and script #'s alike. That boom just ain't there!

Yeah, probably 0x84 - since 0x just means 'all zeros until' Pinball Browser saved out the filename as 0084.

Possible they tweak it some (pitch/speed) with code to make it into the kicker noise? Could just be the wrong one, I was just going through and trying to identify them by listening to them and making notes about what was what.

#3386 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I wish someone would document how they made theirs (amazon part list, photos, connections), because I wanted to make a set for so long, but I've never found the right way to do it. Not paying someone all that money for a relativity simple mod either.

agreed mods can be expensive, but maybe it's not "a relatively simple mod" if it cannot be easily replicated without step by step instructions. I am all for helping people "do stuff" but being reimbursed for time spent developing and building fiddly things isn't necessarily a bad thing.

1 month later
#3387 5 years ago

Has IMVE become less popular or are sales just slow in general? Trying to sell mine and not much traffic. I think it is a still a great game, but unfortunately I need the space and cash.

#3388 5 years ago

Just thought that I would pass this along to Grinder901 ... you need to complete your IM collection with this.
ebay.com link: Life Size Marvel Ironman Collection Tony Stark War Machine Beast Kingdom Muckle

#3389 5 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

Has IMVE become less popular or are sales just slow in general? Trying to sell mine and not much traffic. I think it is a still a great game, but unfortunately I need the space and cash.

Sales are slow for over priced games. What is yours priced at? I wanted $5k for my modded IM for the longest time, but that ship has sailed man. My kids want me to keep it now, so it’s not on the market currently, but I think I’d need to price it at $4,500 just to get a sniff, and that might not get it sold these days.

#3390 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Sales are slow for over priced games. What is yours priced at? I wanted $5k for my modded IM for the longest time, but that ship has sailed man. My kids want me to keep it now, so it’s not on the market currently, but I think I’d need to price it at $4,500 just to get a sniff, and that might not get it sold these days.

This... I sold a heavily modded iron man and it took me 6 months to sell and it finally sold at 4300. Too many games available now. I'm in the market for another IMVE , but I'm not paying what people think they are listed for. It's not a 5k game anymore and hasn't been for a while now.

#3391 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Just thought that I would pass this along to grinder901 ... you need to complete your IM collection with this.
ebay.com link » Life Size Marvel Ironman Collection Tony Stark War Machine Beast Kingdom Muckle

Freaking love it!

1 week later
#3393 5 years ago

Mikonos, are these available anywhere? I’ve seen you post these before in other places (ie the gnr ones) but have never figured out if your selling them or giving them away free or just doing it for yourself.

#3394 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I'd buy a vault for around that price. Been looking for a vault for awhile with no luck.

#3395 5 years ago

Hi koops!

I design and restore for my own entertaiment and for challenge. It is explained here with more detail:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-and-customized-pinball-artworks-showroom-thread-by-mikonos#post-3998261

If some user are interested in any piece by me or need my skills/help, we will tell about my conditions.

For example, in case of "Iron Man Cards": It will no be available before I order a print test for myself. If you follow my fanwork a little, you will know I order to print all these cards in a different way never seen before.

Are you interested in Iron Man Cards by me? I´m working in a Custom Rules Card now. I hope to finish it along next week.

Regards

1 week later
#3396 5 years ago

Nice easy little mod from a fellow North Carolinian. Like the change. Never did really like the original pop bumpers. Plus they are metal and really shiny! I like shiny!

1BA2C4B9-0C6C-41F9-BDA1-7F5C5D930269 (resized).jpeg1BA2C4B9-0C6C-41F9-BDA1-7F5C5D930269 (resized).jpegBC468FFD-6DC7-4B12-9F0B-458E269BF4C7 (resized).jpegBC468FFD-6DC7-4B12-9F0B-458E269BF4C7 (resized).jpeg
#3397 5 years ago

Lucky duck. I've been searching for a set and have had no luck.

#3398 5 years ago

Hooked on pinball has one left I believe. Great quality and actually heavy.

#3399 5 years ago

Thanks for the heads up! I swear the last time I looked they were out of stock and out of production. I ordered the last set. $16.00 shipping is pretty rough but so it goes...

#3400 5 years ago

They are worth it for sure! The original pops are definitely lacking.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fallston, MD
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 26.50
There are 5,008 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/68?hl=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.