(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,016 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 101.
#3301 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I bought a HOU IM original from a local pinhead a few months back. Just looking for the topper in the picture. If you have it and would consider selling it separately, send me a message.

http://www.tilttopper.com/iron-man-1.html

#3302 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Ok, I’m perplexed. You can carry a multiball into Jericho? I’ve always thought you needed to dump down to one ball before the shot is available. If I start a multiball the flashers on the insert stop until I’m back to one ball.

I did it a couple of weeks ago. I did not carry a multiball into Jericho, so I phrased my post incorrectly. I started a MB after I started Jericho but I don't remember which one it was..

Getting old sucks.

I'm on the older software version with the 50 million points for the Do or Die shot, not sure if that makes a difference.

#3303 5 years ago

You can't have more than one ball in Jericho.

1 week later
#3304 5 years ago

Happy to be part of the club now.

#3305 5 years ago

Just an FYI, but if anyone is looking for a Matt McKee topper for their Iron Man I am selling mine.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/original-matt-mckee-metal-lighted-iron-man-pinball-topper#post-4448947

IMAG0639 (resized).jpgIMAG0639 (resized).jpg
#3306 5 years ago

Lighted Magnetic Hinge Covers for Iron Man in yellow

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01701-iron-man-lighted-magnetic-hinge-covers-yellow

0615182017_resized (resized).jpg0615182017_resized (resized).jpg0615182017a_resized (resized).jpg0615182017a_resized (resized).jpg0615182018_resized (resized).jpg0615182018_resized (resized).jpg
#3307 5 years ago

I'm in...!!!...joined about two weeks ago...got an amazing deal less than 2 hours away...!!!...I'm the 3rd owner...only 1300 HUO plays....it still smells new... ....now if you will excuse me,I'm going to push start again...(and again and again...lol)...........Joey

IMG_4367 (resized).JPGIMG_4367 (resized).JPG
#3308 5 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

I'm in...!!!...joined about two weeks ago...got an amazing deal less than 2 hours away...!!!...I'm the 3rd owner...only 1300 HUO plays....it still smells new... ....now if you will excuse me,I'm going to push start again...(and again and again...lol)...........Joey

This is the one from Syracuse ?

#3309 5 years ago

Dude...I was gunna ask why in the world you passed on it...???!!!...it's friggin Brand New...!!!...the 2 other owners wanted to do just that...the plays on it were just flipping the ball around...I even got to do the little tweaks to switchs...So all I missed is pulling it out of the box...!!! ..........Joey

#3310 5 years ago

Dude...I was gunna ask why in the world you passed on it...???!!!...it's friggin Brand New...!!!...the 2 other owners wanted to do just that...the plays on it were just flipping the ball around...I even got to do the little tweaks to switchs...So all I missed is pulling it out of the box...!!! ..........Joey

Sounds like you know I was sooo close to picking this up but I got a Iron Maiden pro instead. yeah that game looks like new! Did you leave the playfield protector on it? Interesting room you have there. You must live in south buffalo! Haha!

#3311 5 years ago

Might be in these threads somewhere but on youtube videos, some games ramp return shots fall quickly through back to the playfield while mine and others bounce back up the ramp return a few inches, slowing the game down. Anyway to fix this?

#3312 5 years ago

does anyone make alternative decals for Ironman?

#3313 5 years ago
Quoted from Brad76:

Might be in these threads somewhere but on youtube videos, some games ramp return shots fall quickly through back to the playfield while mine and others bounce back up the ramp return a few inches, slowing the game down. Anyway to fix this?

This is an interesting post. It took me a moment reading it to understand it. And I've seen it on other games. The ball coming down the ramp, and as it gets to where it should drop into the inlane, it bounces off the grommet in the end of the ramp, then slowly drops down and goes through the hole in the bottom of the ramp.

I'd probably try something simple like replacing the grommet with a softer one. I'd make a guess that the one in the ramp may just be too hard (age, bad batch of rubber). If you are doing an order from a parts place it is only a couple of bucks more to get a new grommet.

And I'd definitely want to take care of that. It would really interfere with the flow of the game.

#3314 5 years ago

Thanks dave, its possible that may help, i tried lessening the angle of the pin itself vut it didnt help. Anyone else have a suggestion, rubber grommet stopper replacement?

#3315 5 years ago
Quoted from Brad76:

Thanks dave, its possible that may help, i tried lessening the angle of the pin itself vut it didnt help. Anyone else have a suggestion, rubber grommet stopper replacement?

Someone had a similar annoyance with a DI and they added a few washers under the ramp attachment near the out lanes. Maybe try that for something easy.

#3316 5 years ago

How to lit war machine character?

#3317 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

How to lit war machine character?

Drones light War Machine. So hitting 8 lit blue drone standup targets will light War Machine. Each hit tells you how many more you need... but it’s dangerous to look up at the DMD while playing IM

#3318 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Drones Light War Machine. Por lo tanto, al golpear 8 puntos de stand up drone azules se encenderá War Machine. Cada golpe te dice cuántos más necesitas ... pero es peligroso mirar al DMD mientras se reproduce IM

Jajajajajajajjaja

#3319 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Drones light War Machine. So hitting 8 lit blue drone standup targets will light War Machine. Each hit tells you how many more you need... but it’s dangerous to look up at the DMD while playing IM

I’m talking about the character insert of war machine. It always misses this one to complete all character in the playfield center.

#3320 5 years ago

I’m talking about the character insert of war machine. It always misses this one to complete all character in the playfield center.

F&#@, my led did not work...So I guess I already have all characters lit. However not really get time to read the display so I didn’t pay attention how to go to Do or Die MB when all characters collected.

#3321 5 years ago

F&#@, my led did not work...So I guess I already have all characters lit. However not really get time to read the display so I didn’t pay attention how to go to Do or Die MB when all characters collected.

Are you sure you don’t mean the Do or Doe shot? Not Do or Die MULTIBALL...that’s damn near impossible.

#3322 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Are you sure you don’t mean the Do or Doe shot? Not Do or Die MULTIBALL...that’s damn near impossible.

Can you explain me? What is the Do or Doe shot? And how to get the Do or Die Multiball?
Around one in 5 games, I manage to get the 5 characters lit. I don’t know if i’m near this wizard mode or still far away.
Just got the game a couple of days and did’nt know all the rules
Thanks

#3323 5 years ago

Can you explain me? What is the Do or Doe shot? And how to get the Do or Die Multiball?
Around one in 5 games, I manage to get the 5 characters lit. I don’t know if i’m near this wizard mode or still far away.
Just got the game a couple of days and did’nt know all the rules
Thanks

There are two things in the game named Do Or Die.

The first: Do Or Die Hurry Up Shit. You earn this by having all 5 character shots lit by starting them all. 8 Drone shots lights Drones and then qualifies War Machine. Hitting War Machine when lit gives the War Machine character. And so on. All 5 on ONE ball lights the center shot to start Do Or Die Hurry Up, and hitting the center again before the time expires earns points. That point countdown starts at 30 million (Or 50 million if you are running old software). It can be doubled off the second Iron Man character.

The second Do Or Die is Do Or Die Multiball. To qualify this, you need to have all the character shots FLASHING. This means you have completed them by collecting the Super Jackpot. Monger is a good example here. You start Monger Multiball, then shoot the orbit to bring him up, pound him again until he drops, then hit the center shot for 3 million points, and the insert will flash. Any Super you collect remains flashing through the end of the game. So once you get Monger flashing, you don’t need to collect it again. So it’s really an overlay of rules.

Now the problem with DOD Multiball is that it’s almost impossible. If you are not one of the top players in the world, you have never seen it with the glass on. Some say it’s harder than Valinor because the number of Drone targets you need to collect is insane. I’ve heard it’s easier to kill a unicorn. It’s a common for new owners of the game to mistake the two because of the poor naming. But once you realize how big the hill is, they understand how far away they are from getting to that Multiball.

And getting all 5 lit one in five games feels a bit high to me. I set mine up so it’s closer to between one game in fifteen or so. When Iron Man is setup too easy, it can get stale.

#3324 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Hay dos cosas en el juego llamado Do Or Die.
El primero: Do ​​Or Die Hurry Up Shit. Usted gana esto haciendo que se enciendan todos los tiros de 5 personajes comenzándolos a todos. 8 Drone shots lights Drones y luego califica War Machine. Al golpear War Machine cuando se enciende se obtiene el carácter de War Machine. Y así. Todas las 5 en UNA bola iluminan el tiro central para comenzar a Do or Die Hurry Up, y golpear el centro otra vez antes de que expire el tiempo gana puntos. La cuenta regresiva de puntos comienza en 30 millones (o 50 millones si está ejecutando un software antiguo). Se puede duplicar con el segundo personaje de Iron Man .
El segundo Do or Die es Do or Die Multiball. Para calificar esto, debes tener todas las fotos de personajes FLASH. Esto significa que los completaste coleccionando el Super Jackpot. Monger es un buen ejemplo aquí. Empiezas Monger Multiball, luego disparas la órbita para subirlo, lo golpeas de nuevo hasta que cae, luego golpeas el tiro central por 3 millones de puntos, y el inserto parpadeará. Cualquier Super que recolectes seguirá brillando hasta el final del juego. Entonces, una vez que obtenga el destello de Monger, no necesita volver a recolectarlo. Entonces, realmente es una superposición de reglas.
Ahora el problema con DOD Multiball es que es casi imposible. Si no eres uno de los mejores jugadores del mundo, nunca lo has visto con el cristal puesto. Algunos dicen que es más difícil que Valinor porque la cantidad de objetivos de Drone que debes recolectar es una locura. He oído que es más fácil matar a un unicornio. Es común que los nuevos dueños del juego confundan los dos debido a la mala denominación. Pero una vez que te das cuenta de cuán grande es la colina, entienden qué tan lejos están de llegar a esa Multiball.
Y obtener 5 juegos iluminados uno en cinco se siente un poco alto para mí. Configuré el mío así que está más cerca de entre un juego en quince o más. Cuando Iron Man está configurado demasiado fácil, puede volverse obsoleto.

a question the jericko way can hinder arriving to do or die multiball true?

#3325 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The first: Do Or Die Hurry Up Shit. You earn this by having all 5 character shots lit by starting them all. 8 Drone shots lights Drones and then qualifies War Machine. Hitting War Machine when lit gives the War Machine character. And so on. All 5 on ONE ball lights the center shot to start Do Or Die Hurry Up, and hitting the center again before the time expires earns points. That point countdown starts at 30 million (Or 50 million if you are running old software). It can be doubled off the second Iron Man character.
The second Do Or Die is Do Or Die Multiball. To qualify this, you need to have all the character shots FLASHING. This means you have completed them by collecting the Super Jackpot. Monger is a good example here. You start Monger Multiball, then shoot the orbit to bring him up, pound him again until he drops, then hit the center shot for 3 million points, and the insert will flash. Any Super you collect remains flashing through the end of the game. So once you get Monger flashing, you don’t need to collect it again. So it’s really an overlay of rules.
Now the problem with DOD Multiball is that it’s almost impossible. If you are not one of the top players in the world, you have never seen it with the glass on. Some say it’s harder than Valinor because the number of Drone targets you need to collect is insane. I’ve heard it’s easier to kill a unicorn. It’s a common for new owners of the game to mistake the two because of the poor naming. But once you realize how big the hill is, they understand how far away they are from getting to that Multiball.
And getting all 5 lit one in five games feels a bit high to me. I set mine up so it’s closer to between one game in fifteen or so. When Iron Man is setup too easy, it can get stale.

I need to check the difficulty of the game set up. But outlanes are closed and software is last update.
So I had only 3 characters flashing at my best and only once. Now I understand the importance to collect super jackpot.
I’m just an average player, only did 81M till now. Need to play better and set up my right flipper that is slightly lower than left (I guess coz of war machine kickback), that bothers me to hit ramps in a row.
Thanks

#3326 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Thanks for taking the time to do that in-depth write up! I always wondered how to achieve that multiball.

#3327 5 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

a question the jericko way can hinder arriving to do or die multiball true?

Well it can in a couple of ways.

First a quick rundown on Jericho. Collecting “Marks” lights the center stack of lights higher and higher. You will get one by starting a character mode, or bogey, or lanes. These keep building through the game, and if you collect enough, the bigger insert at the top of the stack will start flashing informing you Jericho is ready to start. Jericho is a single ball wizard mode. It can lead to some good points quickly. It is started by the center shot.

A minor point, if the Do Or Die Hurryup is also ready, it will start first. So if you collect that Hurryup, that can lead directly to Jericho on the collect shot (fun times!).

If you are in Jericho, you are not collecting items towards Do Or Die Multiball. You are only working through Jericho. There is also a setting in the game to have the ability to “carry over” Jericho. So if you drain, you will continue in Jericho. That leads to some odd behavior. Everything else stops for the rest of the game until you finish Jericho or drain to end the game. That setting is really a personal preference. I guess it depends on how you like to play the game.

#3328 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Bueno, puede hacerlo de varias maneras.
Primero un resumen rápido sobre Jericó. Recolectar "Marcas" ilumina la pila central de luces cada vez más. Obtendrás uno iniciando un modo de personaje, o bogey, o carriles. Estos siguen creciendo a través del juego, y si recoges suficiente, la inserción más grande en la parte superior de la pila comenzará a parpadear informándote que Jericho está listo para comenzar. Jericho es un modo de asistente de pelota única. Puede conducir a buenos puntos rápidamente. Comienza por el tiro central.
Un punto menor, si el Do Do Die Hurryup también está listo, comenzará primero. Entonces, si recoges esa Hurryup, eso puede conducir directamente a Jericó en el tiro colectivo (¡momentos divertidos!).
Si se encuentra en Jericó, no está recolectando artículos hacia Do Or Die Multiball. Usted solo está trabajando a través de Jericó. También hay una configuración en el juego para tener la capacidad de "traspasar" a Jericho. Entonces, si drena, continuará en Jericó. Eso lleva a un comportamiento extraño. Todo lo demás se detendrá durante el resto del juego hasta que termines Jericho o descanse para finalizar el juego. Esa configuración es realmente una preferencia personal. Supongo que depende de cómo te gusta jugar el juego.

ok ok I thought that when you finish jericko all the characters started from 0 and you had to pick them up again

#3329 5 years ago

Played a game since last time.
What I have understood is when you succeed to have the character insert flashing you keep it till the end of the game.
When the character insert is lit fix you loose it till you drain the ball.
I know how to get the Monger insert flashing. Still have to learn how to get Drone, war machine, Iron Man and whisplah inserts flashing. Have an idea about whisplah ( I think like Monger during MB). Don’t know for the others.

#3330 5 years ago

Go through 3 waves of Iron Man to get it flashing.

Collect a super jackpot for Monger, Whiplash, and War Machine.

And now the fun one... collect 4 sets of Drones. Which means you will play War Machine multiball 3 times and qualifying it for the 4th time. That’s 32 drones collected to get it flashing. I’ve never had that insert flashing with the glass on, but I’ve only had the game for 3.5 years...

#3331 5 years ago

New iron Man mod....

Do it for better visibility and machine weight savings

IMG_20180701_155234 (resized).jpgIMG_20180701_155234 (resized).jpg
#3332 5 years ago

But to be fair, I did add a couple things that day.

Speaker acrylics and 3d back panel missiles and iron Man mask.

IMG_20180701_110206 (resized).jpgIMG_20180701_110206 (resized).jpgIMG_20180703_195724 (resized).jpgIMG_20180703_195724 (resized).jpg
#3333 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

New iron Man mod....
Do it for better visibility and machine weight savings

Please tell me it wasn’t in the game when that happened!

#3334 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Please tell me it wasn’t in the game when that happened!

90% out of the game... It broke midair just as I was about to lift it up. Didnt hit anything, glass just popped.

Got my leg good too when it exploded.

IMG_20180701_155444 (resized).jpgIMG_20180701_155444 (resized).jpg
#3335 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

iron Man mask.

Sorry about the glass, that happened to me from one of my old pins one day, just touched it wrong removing it and boom, but thats a clever mod with the iron man mask. Where did find one that size, it fits perfectly in the game!

#3336 5 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Sorry about the glass, that happened to me from one of my old pins one day, just touched it wrong removing it and boom, but thats a clever mod with the iron man mask. Where did find one that size, it fits perfectly in the game!

http://pinballpro.net/shop/iron-man-3d-backboard-mod/

#3337 5 years ago

Thanks for the link, bummer they are sold out. The search begins!!

#3338 5 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I'm sure if you message him he will make one for you

#3339 5 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

He sells through laseriffic

Just a heads up though, it says they are peel and stick, but mine were smooth and had to be stuck on with contact cement

#3340 5 years ago

Does anyone have a spare right lane guide plastic they want to sell (the blue J shaped one next to the right flipper)?

impf (resized).jpgimpf (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3341 5 years ago

Hi all...I've tried to get an answer in the thread with no luck..(not sure why?)...it's my first Stern and my first repair of this type...I'm looking for help on the coil stop and sleeve for the flippers...I get they are basic parts...on Marco im just confused as there are so many (and some look similar)...any help is much appreciated...Thank You........Joey

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-flipper-buzzing

#3342 5 years ago

Hi all...I've tried to get an answer in the thread with no luck..(not sure why?)...it's my first Stern and my first repair of this type...I'm looking for help on the coil stop and sleeve for the flippers...I get they are basic parts...on Marco im just confused as there are so many (and some look similar)...any help is much appreciated...Thank You........Joey
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-flipper-buzzing

Get the manual first. http://sternpinball.com/upload/games/iron-man/pro/433/IronMan%20Manual.pdf
Page 4, shows the flipper assembly and all it's parts.
Search on Marco for the part #s you need.
Done.

-Cheers

#3343 5 years ago

Thank you @Goalie...I have the physical manual....I went thru every page multiple times...my page 4 is the "Pinball Service Menu Icon Tree"...nowhere is the flipper assembly and parts on any page...maybe because it's a VE?...Thank you again...really appreciate it.........Joey

#3344 5 years ago

Maybe just download it from the link, and go to page 4?

#3345 5 years ago

Yep....the link is just what I needed...I really researched and tried to find it before I posted...Thank you so much for taking the time to help.........Joey

#3346 5 years ago

Did Stern make ramp changes during Iron Man’s original run?
I have an early (original run) Iron Man, I have just replaced the left ramp
I find that the hex spacer that is under the hump of the ramp is not letting the ramp sit on the spacers near the flashlamps

Should I install a shorter spacer or flex the ramp to fit?

#3347 5 years ago
Quoted from Bertie:

Did Stern make ramp changes during Iron Man’s original run?
I have an early (original run) Iron Man, I have just replaced the left ramp
I find that the hex spacer that is under the hump of the ramp is not letting the ramp sit on the spacers near the flashlamps
Should I install a shorter spacer or flex the ramp to fit?

I bought mine, nib, 8-10, last run. All 3 hex in that area are the same size.

1 week later
#3348 5 years ago

Quick post of the iron man I helped squire for a friend. Thought you guys would like this:

845FBF47-6B78-4737-891F-5E64D070ACAF (resized).jpeg845FBF47-6B78-4737-891F-5E64D070ACAF (resized).jpeg
#3349 5 years ago

Now for some questions:

Does iron man (original) have batteries and need an nvram replacement?

Any other must have mods?

#3350 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Does iron man (original) have batteries and need an nvram replacement?

Iron Man is a SAM system. SAM uses a button battery. Those don’t have the same issue with leakage. So it is fine as it is.

Quoted from paynemic:

Any other must have mods?

Subwoofer is the “must have” for IM. Most of the bass line of the music can’t be heard with stock speakers.

The shaker is pretty good, but I’m not a huge fan of them. I had to really tone mine down by shifting weights to make it acceptable.

After that, it’s all preference. I didn’t think it was worth the cost, but the maroon armor is really pretty on the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.