(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,018 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 101.
#3251 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Iron Man OriGinal?

Yep, there is VE and OG IMs.

#3252 6 years ago

Sorry, IMOG = Iron Man, Original Gangster (tm) version. Non-vault.

#3253 6 years ago

IM is Iron Man IMVE is vault edition, but if you want to add letters, have at it

#3254 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Interesting...I kept IM over Star Trek & GOT and would certainly take it over Avengers.

I think sometimes it’s just a question of how long you’ve owned a game. 6 years of IM for me was a good run. I still think it’s one of the best pins Stern ever made. Fortunately mine is going to a friend’s location, so I can still visit it.

#3255 6 years ago

Just joined the club with imve. Ordered colordmd and mirror blades, what else is a must add?

#3256 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Just joined the club with imve. Ordered colordmd and mirror blades, what else is a must add?

I’m the wrong one to answer you but I say add a subwoofer to really get the blood pumping

#3257 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

You can get some ideas here:

https://lermods.com/t/iron-man-pinball-mods

#3259 6 years ago

Definitely agree with sub and Shaker comments.

#3260 6 years ago

hi all. i was wondering if there was any custom sound mixes for iron man.

thanks

#3261 6 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

hi all. i was wondering if there was any custom sound mixes for iron man.

I have been enjoying this sound mix. Awesome multiball remix. Plus it plays Black Sabbath at the end of the game!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-custom-music-code-for-iron-man-pro-and-ve

#3262 6 years ago

Iron Man has been my longest standing Pinball Machine in my collection, now at about 7 years. Dozens of pinballs have come and gone, but IM will always stay. I love the adrenaline rush, code, call-outs, and everything the machine offers. It's amazing how it still gives me a rush!

Interestingly enough, I find that Iron Maiden gives me a similar rush as Iron Man so far. We'll see if it can stand the test of time like Iron Man.

Here's a pic of my New Iron Maiden and my "old" IM-

IMG_1594 (resized).jpgIMG_1594 (resized).jpg

#3263 6 years ago

That’s a holy trifecta of modern gameplay right there. Iron Man, Metallica & Iron Maiden.

#3264 6 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I have been enjoying this sound mix. Awesome multiball remix. Plus it plays Black Sabbath at the end of the game!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-custom-music-code-for-iron-man-pro-and-ve

Thanks! I'm glad to see there's other people than me who likes my code

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

That’s a holy trifecta of modern gameplay right there. Iron Man, Metallica & Iron Maiden.

I have IM and Met Pro and i think about buying IMDN, i'm not a big fan of the band but the layout is killer. If IMDN is a big adrenaline rush then it will be in my gameroom for sure!

#3265 6 years ago

Installing a shaker for the first time and can’t figure out the last couple of wires if someone could please assist. Assuming the 2 reds connect but the wire that came with the machine and reads shaker motor board ground doesn’t look like it fits into the brown wire coming from the board. Appreciate the help.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#3266 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Thanks! This is the other side of the room with my 80's lineup:

IMG_0601 (resized).jpgIMG_0601 (resized).jpg

#3267 6 years ago

We think alike. Haha

E3D37C7D-409A-41ED-A643-047146C34076 (resized).jpegE3D37C7D-409A-41ED-A643-047146C34076 (resized).jpeg

#3268 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Installing a shaker for the first time and can’t figure out the last couple of wires if someone could please assist. Assuming the 2 reds connect but the wire that came with the machine and reads shaker motor board ground doesn’t look like it fits into the brown wire coming from the board.

Here is a good video link for the install. Used to help me recently install coin takers shaker motor in my iron man. The gray wire connects to a connector in the game that is near the back under the play field. It is with the main wire bundles in the cabinet.

#3269 6 years ago

Any one know where to get the upgraded sling plastics?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3270 6 years ago

This was already covered before. Ask Grinder. Those were custom made I believe.

#3271 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Iron Man has been my longest standing Pinball Machine in my collection, now at about 7 years. Dozens of pinballs have come and gone, but IM will always stay. I love the adrenaline rush, code, call-outs, and everything the machine offers. It's amazing how it still gives me a rush!

Couldn’t agree more, I got Ironman upon release, it was my first game going into my first home and I still love it as much now as I did back then.

When I had to sell off my entire collection back in 2014 due to the worlds dumbest ex, Ironman was the first game I went after to once again start off/reaquire my collection.

Ironman has literally been the foundation of my collection since it’s release. Doubt I will ever sell it.

#3272 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Any one know where to get the upgraded sling plastics?

You can't. I already contacted laseriffic

#3273 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Couldn’t agree more, I got Ironman upon release, it was my first game going into my first home and I still love it as much now as I did back then.
When I had to sell off my entire collection back in 2014 due to the worlds dumbest ex, Ironman was the first game I went after to once again start off/reaquire my collection.
Ironman has literally been the foundation of my collection since it’s release. Doubt I will ever sell it.

You're leaving out details...what did she do?

#3274 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Estás omitiendo detalles ... ¿qué hizo ella?

Jajajajajajajjaa

#3275 5 years ago

Considering picking up a Iron Man vault...
What should I be looking for? Wear items, common concerns, etc. also what are the differences between the versions?

#3276 5 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

That's awesome. I have now owned IM longer than any other pin I've ever owned as well (I've owned two, since I made the terrible mistake of selling my first one...owned my first IM in summer 2011). I've owned some great pins that I still really love, such as MM, AFM, MB, Tron LE, TWD, LOTR LE, AC/DC etc. but IM has been the one to maintain it's staying power with me more than any other. If I could own only one pin, it would be IM.

I have a TNA on order. I think it will have a similar adrenaline rush to IM, which is what attracted me to it.

#3277 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Considering picking up a Iron Man vault...
What should I be looking for? Wear items, common concerns, etc. also what are the differences between the versions?

Bud grab a six pack and read the thread. I had an original and a vault side by side for a time and I’ve gone over the mostly cosmetic differences between them as have many others. Can’t go wrong with either though.

Quoted from RobT:

That's awesome. I have now owned IM longer than any other pin I've ever owned as well (I've owned two, since I made the terrible mistake of selling my first one...owned my first IM in summer 2011). I've owned some great pins that I still really love, such as MM, AFM, MB, Tron LE, TWD, LOTR LE, AC/DC etc. but IM has been the one to maintain it's staying power with me more than any other. If I could own only one pin, it would be IM.
I have a TNA on order. I think it will have a similar adrenaline rush to IM, which is what attracted me to it.

I didn’t know you were back! Good to see your post

#3278 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

what are the differences between the versions

The original Iron Man pin had the speakers/DMD mounted on a wood panel, mounted flat. The Vault is mounted at an angle and in a metal box. Possible wear around the magnets at Iron Monger and Whiplash. Marco has the chaffe tape for those areas to keep them protected. Plus I'd check out the ramps to make sure they aren't cracked, don't think they are available, but the plastics are. Not sure about LEDs if they came with the Vault. Plus the Iron Monger chest plate illuminates, the original does not.

#3279 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If I could own only one pin, it would be IM. I have a TNA on order. I think it will have a similar adrenaline rush to IM, which is what attracted me to it.

You won't be disappointed. I have both games as well. Both easy to learn, hard to master. The game play style is from two different eras, but produces the same emotions. Frequent moments of adrenaline & elation, followed by the inevitable frustrations that comes from poor execution. Just like IM, you will wear out your start button. They are both long term keepers IMO.

They are also the only games I've been playing for months, unless I turn on Flash Gordon for a real lesson in humility

#3280 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

You won't be disappointed. I have both games as well. Both easy to learn, hard to master. The game play style is from two different eras, but produces the same emotions. Frequent moments of adrenaline & elation, followed by the inevitable frustrations that comes from poor execution. Just like IM, you will wear out your start button. They are both long term keepers IMO.
They are also the only games I've been playing for months, unless I turn on Flash Gordon for a real lesson in humility

Exactly what I wanted to hear! Can't wait.

#3281 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Welcome back, Captain!

RobT (resized).jpgRobT (resized).jpg

#3282 5 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

The original Iron Man pin had the speakers/DMD mounted on a wood panel, mounted flat. The Vault is mounted at an angle and in a metal box. Possible wear around the magnets at Iron Monger and Whiplash. Marco has the chaffe tape for those areas to keep them protected. Plus I'd check out the ramps to make sure they aren't cracked, don't think they are available, but the plastics are. Not sure about LEDs if they came with the Vault. Plus the Iron Monger chest plate illuminates, the original does not.

So there no differences in game play or code?

#3283 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Nope.

But the VE did come with LEDs installed from the factory. There is some difference in the side art also...something about the VE having metallic writing?

#3284 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

There is a setting difference, the original was set to incandescent light show, whereas the VE was set to LED. The VE model with its factory LEDs struggles with the original’s lightning effects so they created a more LED-friendly version for the VE.

My VE is set to incandescent, but running with LEDs and an OCD board. This, for me, is the best of both worlds.

The setting is on both machine code releases so you could put LEDs in the original and have the LED light show, instead of LEDs doing a bad job (flickering, ghosting etc.).

Exert from the Stern release notes (LE is for Lighting Effects):
-Added an adjustment so users can select whether they are using LED's or incandescent lamps in
their game (regardless of hardware version)
- Reworked the flash lamp effects that go from dim to light or vice versa (for games with LED
lights)
- Commented out the attract mode dim to bright effect if the game is using led lights, but it
will still run the effect if incandescent lights are selected
- Changed the LED LE for bogey ready to a flashing effect because the new LED lights donít work
well on dim to bright LE. The LE is unchanged for those who still have incandescent lamps in
their playfields

Edit: it's feature adjustment #21

IMG_0097 (resized).JPGIMG_0097 (resized).JPG

#3285 5 years ago

Thanks for the replies! Theres a nice vault edition local for sale but It's between that and iron maiden pro.

#3286 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Thanks for the replies! Theres a nice vault edition local for sale but It's between that and iron maiden pro.

I think you need a nice pair of Irons.

#3287 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I think you need a nice pair of Irons.

i like what you did there...

4 weeks later
#3288 5 years ago

Is Jericho supposed to be multi-ball. My IM only has a single ball during this mode or is there a deeper Jericho that I haven't reached.

#3289 5 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Is Jericho supposed to be multi-ball. My IM only has a single ball during this mode or is there a deeper Jericho that I haven't reached.

Single ball only.

#3290 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Single ball only.

Yep...you can however set Jericho to "carry over" to the next ball. I've beat Jericho with one ball...but I prefer to play it with "carry over"...just more fun that way (IMHO).

#3291 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Yep...you can however set Jericho to "carry over" to the next ball. I've beat Jericho with one ball...but I prefer to play it with "carry over"...just more fun that way (IMHO).

Cool idea, I'm going to try that. Thank you.

#3292 5 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

You might be getting confused with Do-Or-Die Multiball, which is a real mode, but is basically unobtainable for 99% of players.

Actually probably 99.9% of players.

#3293 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

You might be getting confused with Do-Or-Die Multiball, which is a real mode, but is basically unobtainable for 99% of players.
Actually probably 99.9% of players.

Way more difficult than Valinor.

#3294 5 years ago

Thanks, I heard someone say Jericho multi-ball in another thread and thought I was missing something

#3295 5 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Thanks, I heard someone say Jericho multi-ball in another thread and thought I was missing something

Nope, no such thing as Jericho Multiball. But I try to start a multiball before starting Jericho when possible, which can be a big help in terms of completing it.

#3296 5 years ago

WTB: Iron Man topper

I noticed an ad on here a few months back for this make Iron Man topper. It sold -picture not the one from the ad - just using as the example of the one I’m interested in. I recently bought an Iron Man and have thought about buying one of these but I'm kind of on the fence.

I know its sometimes difficult to recoup much on toppers when selling a game with them included so if someone is contemplating selling their IM and has this topper they may want to sell separately, send me a message.

5ce2c83bdcecc173cbafbcacf43cb78ccf461ee0 (resized).jpeg5ce2c83bdcecc173cbafbcacf43cb78ccf461ee0 (resized).jpeg

#3297 5 years ago

Im selling an ironman. Original run not vault. Topper, color changing backbox leds board, red meallic powder coating, lighted figures, shaker, leds... huo. Pm for a price if u are inerested

#3298 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

WTB: Iron Man topper
I noticed an ad on here a few months back for this make Iron Man topper. It sold -picture not the one from the ad - just using as the example of the one I’m interested in. I recently bought an Iron Man and have thought about buying one of these but I'm kind of on the fence.
I know its sometimes difficult to recoup much on toppers when selling a game with them included so if someone is contemplating selling their IM and has this topper they may want to sell separately, send me a message.

I bought that for mine. It is made and sold by tilt toppers. It looks great. They still sell and make them to order.

#3299 5 years ago
Quoted from Brad76:

Im selling an ironman. Original run not vault. Topper, color changing backbox leds board, red meallic powder coating, lighted figures, shaker, leds... huo. Pm for a price if u are inerested

I bought a HOU IM original from a local pinhead a few months back. Just looking for the topper in the picture. If you have it and would consider selling it separately, send me a message.

#3300 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

But I try to start a multiball before starting Jericho when possible, which can be a big help in terms of completing it.

Ok, I’m perplexed. You can carry a multiball into Jericho? I’ve always thought you needed to dump down to one ball before the shot is available. If I start a multiball the flashers on the insert stop until I’m back to one ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/66?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.