(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,509 posts
  • 314 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by maffewl
  • Topic is favorited by 99 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 744 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2752 (resized).jpg
B6024FA0-545B-4A39-B92D-315B307BDE4E (resized).jpeg
41E42D32-1E27-4290-A09F-B8A29CC796C5.jpeg
4D3D5EAB-A0BC-4FC6-AC38-6575A3FB3147.jpeg
65ACE028-551D-425D-B9F5-945B147B16E5.jpeg
FF2A9D48-8CC7-43CF-A751-484B4001D24E.jpeg
thumbnail-1 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail-7 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail-6 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail-4 (resized).jpeg
2222 (resized).jpg
5555 (resized).jpg
1111 (resized).jpeg
4444 (resized).jpg
3333 (resized).jpg
6B4EDA35-0993-4F30-AF5F-D7BB6DF40329 (resized).jpeg

There are 3509 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 71.
#3101 1 year ago

What's the best solution to stick down the bottom edge of a cab decal that's not sticking? I have tried glue stick, white glue and even tested CA. Nothing works (well). Well, CA might work, but it also damages the decal. I did have limited success on the side decal edge that is raised though, but it's far from perfect.

20171113_231949 (resized).jpg

20171113_232014 (resized).jpg

#3102 1 year ago

I finally ordered a colordmd for my IMVE! I had temporarily tried the one from my ACDC in IMVE and thought it was really great... It sure makes the dots so much more coherent! Going back to red dots on this game made me sad

Rob

#3103 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I finally ordered a colordmd for my IMVE! I had temporarily tried the one from my ACDC in IMVE and thought it was really great... It sure makes the dots so much more coherent! Going back to red dots on this game made me sad
Rob

A must for IM.

1 week later
#3104 1 year ago

I actually had a few good games on my IM today, one score over 50,000,000 and another about 37,000,000. So what should I do?

Wax & clean the play field.

#3105 1 year ago
Quoted from indybru:

I actually had a few good games on my IM today, one score over 50,000,000 and another about 37,000,000. So what should I do?

Not only are you getting better at IM, but IM is making you a better pinball player across the board.

Played my IM for the first time in a few weeks the other day....put up over 100,000,000 and got on the scoreboard!

#3106 1 year ago
Quoted from indybru:

How long have you had IM? Sounds like it is giving you a tough time.

My IM plays really tough. It was my first Stern after owning 90's BW's and I sucked at it for a while and questioned whether I made a mistake buying it. But I stuck with it and got better on it and as I got better on IM I really got better at other games.

I started to really blow up 90's DMD games that were not set up really difficult. They mostly play in slow motion to me now. It is to the point where they are not much fun for me anymore. I also play non Borg Sterns better also. Stern SW is giving me a tough time though. Love it! I now like 80's Bally's more and more now. I like them better than 90's dmd's. I attribute this all to my IM making me a better player and adding an excitement and intensity to pinball that I did not now about before.

I just try to make Jericho when I play. I put Jericho on carryover in the settings. I can't imagine completing it on one ball, but folks do it. I spread out my shots on ball one to get to Do Or Die rather than pounding each mark one at a time.

Make sure to hit Iron Monger on the sides. Some of my friends don't like the random drains from the IRon Monger Magnet, but I think it is my fault if I hit The Monger up the middle and then get a Magnet whip for an drain. And for me getting Bogey started then War Machine MB, then Whiplash MB going is one of the most exciting stacks in pinball.

Good luck!

#3107 1 year ago

Family gave me a harder time when I sold my first IM than when I played it!
Today those turkeys will be pleased I came full circle, and with bling.
IM is definitely improving my skills. Should be a fun competitive holiday.
Point me in the direction of the best pingulp?

#3108 1 year ago

Ive seen a few pics of an iron man helmet shooter rod. Who has the best one?

#3109 1 year ago

Just got my iron man vault. Did some black friday shopping to bling it out!

#3110 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Ive seen a few pics of an iron man helmet shooter rod. Who has the best one?

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/pinball_customs

Hands down this guy makes the best shooter rods. Have a little patience on the delivery and you’ll be pleased with his quality.

#3111 1 year ago

(At the risk of being a pest...)

Wanted (still): Iron Man

Hoping to score an IM, Standard or Vault, any condition.

If you're ready to sell yours or if you know of anyone who might be ready to sell his/hers, please let me know.

Any leads would be much appreciated.

J

1 week later
#3112 1 year ago

I finally got around to putting my new Iron Man Game Blades from Tilt Graphics on.

I like them quite a bit. I’ve had the red on gold mirror blades for quite a while so it’s nice to change it up.

4D9F793D-8C9B-4A46-A938-4DCDCBA059D8 (resized).jpeg

E0FCD559-ACB7-45DB-9D62-C8B3E367E44F (resized).jpeg

8B02AADE-60F6-4CD6-A069-45DBB9923A3F (resized).jpeg

6494E87F-A3A3-45AB-A758-C2B417E51964 (resized).jpeg

#3113 1 year ago

Joined the club today! Yay!

Sorry if this has been asked before:
Is there setting to keep the Iron Monger down when game over?
It seems like the answer is no (I found the setting to turn him off completely which is not what I want).

I ask purely to surprise non-pinball guests.

#3114 1 year ago
Quoted from oohlou:

It seems like the answer is no (I found the setting to turn him off completely which is not what I want).

Welcome to the club! Prepare to get your ass kicked on a regular basis.

I don't think there is a setting for that. It is up in attract more because it makes the playfield more interesting. BUT, if you hit the start button quick enough, it doesn't have a chance to raise

#3115 1 year ago
Quoted from oohlou:

Congrats! IM is total opposite of your LOTR.

2 weeks later
#3116 1 year ago

Iron Man coloring glitch. Has anyone else seen this?

Rob

20171220_235204 (resized).jpg

#3117 1 year ago

Spicey. I’ll fix that.

#3118 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Iron Man coloring glitch. Has anyone else seen this?
Rob

Doesn’t seem to happen on mine.

#3119 1 year ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Doesn’t seem to happen on mine.

I'm sure ep knows what it is?

Rob

#3120 1 year ago

Anyone install the alternate translite listed on ebay? Says 3 were sold. Looks pretty good, even though I'm fine with the stock translite...

s-l1600 (resized).jpg

#3121 1 year ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Anyone install the alternate translite listed on ebay? Says 3 were sold. Looks pretty good, even though I'm fine with the stock translite...

I’ve thought about it. I had the alternate translite that Brock made a while ago.

I talked to that seller about making a comic Iron Man themed one but it didn’t get any traction

2 weeks later
#3122 1 year ago

There’s a couple of these that look quite good fitted. I still like the original though.

#3123 1 year ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

There’s a couple of these that look quite good fitted. I still like the original though.

I agree. I appreciate some of the great work people put into these, but damn, they really did get the original right on this one.

#3124 1 year ago

I know it’s been discussed but for VE owners, is the ledocd board a noticeable improvement?

#3125 1 year ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I know it’s been discussed but for VE owners, is the ledocd board a noticeable improvement?

You don't need OCD for the ve,, it's already Incorporated into the game. The game was designed for LEDs.

#3126 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You don't need OCD for the ve,, it's already Incorporated into the game. The game was designed for LEDs.

Well, kinda. They added an option that turns off any lighting effects that don't play nicely with LEDs. This is available on both VE and original. It does, however, dumb down the lighting.

With a LED OCD, put the software into incandescent mode, and you will get all the effects. They will be smooth thanks to the board. Whether those effects are worth the cost of a board is up to you.

#3127 1 year ago
Quoted from herg:

Well, kinda. They added an option that turns off any lighting effects that don't play nicely with LEDs. This is available on both VE and original. It does, however, dumb down the lighting.
With a LED OCD, put the software into incandescent mode, and you will get all the effects. They will be smooth thanks to the board. Whether those effects are worth the cost of a board is up to you.

Thanks! I’m getting one now for my pimped our Elvis right now. I might one for IM next.

#3128 1 year ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Thanks! I’m getting one now for my pimped our Elvis right now. I might one for IM next.

If you are getting an OCD for IM, would you not also want a gizmo board for the GI? OCD only works with the inserts and gizmo does the GI (I think).

Rob

#3129 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

If you are getting an OCD for IM, would you not also want a gizmo board for the GI? OCD only works with the inserts and gizmo does the GI (I think).
Rob

Oh wow ok more to think about thanks

#3130 1 year ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

It depends entirely on just how OCD you are with regard to the lighting effects on your games.

Personally I think the LED OCD when combined with the ‘incandescent light effects’ setting beats the standard VE effects hands down.

2 weeks later
#3131 1 year ago

You guys are the experts, so I will ask here.....
I’m considering either selling my Ironman or trading as I want an Addams family (yeah, totally different gameplay, huh?)
What is a nice ironman going for these days?
I have an original run IM that is in great shape. It has a McKee topper, shaker motor, led flasher backbox kit, side blades, lit figure mods, lit whiplash whip mod, real service rails instead of pegs, flipper fidelity speakers, speaker light mods with Ironman symbol acrylics, and colordmd, monger decal n trapdoor, 3D mod on backboard of play field. It has clear protectors around flipper buttons, so no decal wear or scrapes/marks. I keep Mylar circles over the magnets, so no mushrooming or wear around those.

#3132 1 year ago

Dumb question here. How do you turn the music volume up? There are adjustments in two places: Standard adjustments and game adjustments. What is the difference here?

#3133 1 year ago

Standard adjustments are changes to things that are generic . Game adjustments are game specific to the features and rules of Ironman.
You don't need either to adjust the volume, just use the two red buttons inside the coin door with the plus and minus.

#3134 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Dumb question here. How do you turn the music volume up? There are adjustments in two places: Standard adjustments and game adjustments. What is the difference here?

Not sure why but you need to minus to increase volume. My call outs were hardly audible. Went to minus 20and suddenly it is very clear. STLE was the same. Not sure if i5 is the same with music.

#3135 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Standard adjustments are changes to things that are generic . Game adjustments are game specific to the features and rules of Ironman.
You don't need either to adjust the volume, just use the two red buttons inside the coin door with the plus and minus.

I’m talking about adjusting just the music volume. Not the master volume.

Quoted from jokerpoker:

Not sure why but you need to minus to increase volume. My call outs were hardly audible. Went to minus 20and suddenly it is very clear. STLE was the same. Not sure if i5 is the same with music.

Yep. It’s something like this. I had mine all adjusted but installed new code and can’t remember what’s what. I thought negative music volume made it louder. Anyone else know?

#3136 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I’m considering either selling my Ironman or trading as I want an Addams family (yeah, totally different gameplay, huh?)
I have an original run IM that is in great shape. It has a McKee topper, shaker motor, led flasher backbox kit, side blades, lit figure mods, lit whiplash whip mod, real service rails instead of pegs, flipper fidelity speakers, speaker light mods with Ironman symbol acrylics, and colordmd, monger decal n trapdoor, 3D mod on backboard of play field. It has clear protectors around flipper buttons, so no decal wear or scrapes/marks. I keep Mylar circles over the magnets, so no mushrooming or wear around those.

tough to say and location is a big factor....I'd say right around 5k if you find someone who likes all the extras.

#3137 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

My expert opinion: don’t sell Iron Man.

#3138 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

My expert opinion: don’t sell Iron Man.

Great advice . I do still enjoy the game, just getting the winter itch I guess.

#3139 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I played mine for a good 45 minutes last night.

I never get tired of it.

#3140 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

If I were you and really wanted TAF I'd sell Ghostbusters...but that's me.

#3141 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

If I were you and really wanted TAF I'd sell Ghostbusters...but that's me.

GB has only been here for a few months, but I'm really enjoying it.

1 week later
#3142 1 year ago

I own TAF and IM and TAF gets played more. You can set it up to play pretty fast and it is also a fun multi player game like IM. If you get a good TAF I doubt you will miss IM that much, in my opinion.

#3143 1 year ago

Left the club.
IM has left the building.

#3144 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Left the club.
IM has left the building.

[ some sort of burn the heretic animated gif ]

#3145 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

[ some sort of burn the heretic animated gif ]

LOL! I do like the game and I miss it already, but it got me into a SW

#3146 1 year ago

New club member here. This is my first modern Stern.

Some help if you will. The game has a version of the Whiplash mod in it. Blue whips. Seller didn't remember who he bought it from and doesn't have the instructions. It's not hooked.

The chest light lights, but the whips do not. The game came with the alligator clips clipped to a nearby GI socket. I'm assuming this is wrong? Does it need to be attached to the flasher to operate? I have pics of the wires below. The orange/black wires are the ones that are alligator clipped to the GI socket. That little junction box says input 12v.

I thought I'd grab some advice before monkeying around. Not used to Stern system....or modding in general!

20180212_201811 (resized).jpg

#3147 1 year ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

New club member here. This is my first modern Stern.
Some help if you will. The game has a version of the Whiplash mod in it. Blue whips. Seller didn't remember who he bought it from and doesn't have the instructions. It's not hooked.
The chest light lights, but the whips do not. The game came with the alligator clips clipped to a nearby GI socket. I'm assuming this is wrong? Does it need to be attached to the flasher to operate? I have pics of the wires below. The orange/black wires are the ones that are alligator clipped to the GI socket. That little junction box says input 12v.
I thought I'd grab some advice before monkeying around. Not used to Stern system....or modding in general!

That’s not ours either. That’s not a gi socket with orange wires, it’s a 12v flasher. I’m not sure how it’s wired, but it matters how you connect to the flasher socket. The power clip goes on orange, other clip goes on the lug with black wire. Not sure what the black inverter is for. You can’t connect it to a gi socket. Ours connects to the whiplash insert.

#3148 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That’s not ours either. That’s not a gi socket with orange wires, it’s a 12v flasher. I’m not sure how it’s wired, but it matters how you connect to the flasher socket. The power clip goes on orange, other clip goes on the lug with black wire. Not sure what the black inverter is for. You can’t connect it to a gi socket. Ours connects to the whiplash insert.

Nothing is attached to the Whiplash flashers. I'm thinking something should be?

The mod is attached to a GI neat the top rollovers.

20180212_204756 (resized).jpg

#3149 1 year ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

Sorry, I misread your post. Hook the mod to a 9v battery and see if it lights. I’m not sure why it would be hooked to an inverter unless maybe the inverter is dropping the voltage from 12v to 6v, but that’s way too complicated since you can just buy prewired 6v leds. Those inverters from China are crap. If that inverter is dropping the voltage, you can’t hook to a flasher.

#3150 1 year ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

The inverter is used to step UP the voltage, not down.....converts 12vDC to 100v A/C to typically power EL paper or (in your case) wire (the whips). Designed input voltage is 12vdc, so hooking to a flasher circuit can potentially damage the cheap ones, as flasher voltage can go beyond.

Bottom line - you are correct, the inverter is wired to the flasher circuit to power the whips. I use EL in several of my machines, and if you get a decent inverter (mine are rated to 18v dc input), you'll be fine (you can see the voltage on the side of yours in the pic) I've had mine installed, running fine for years...... A great effect....Hooked made a custom one w dual whips on each hand for me....sick....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Sale Pending!
Corning, NY
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.95
Machine - For Sale
Bucyrus, KS
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 50.00
$ 26.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 16.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3509 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 71.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside