(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,509 posts
  • 314 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by maffewl
  • Topic is favorited by 100 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 744 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2752 (resized).jpg
B6024FA0-545B-4A39-B92D-315B307BDE4E (resized).jpeg
41E42D32-1E27-4290-A09F-B8A29CC796C5.jpeg
4D3D5EAB-A0BC-4FC6-AC38-6575A3FB3147.jpeg
65ACE028-551D-425D-B9F5-945B147B16E5.jpeg
FF2A9D48-8CC7-43CF-A751-484B4001D24E.jpeg
thumbnail-1 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail-7 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail-6 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail-4 (resized).jpeg
2222 (resized).jpg
5555 (resized).jpg
1111 (resized).jpeg
4444 (resized).jpg
3333 (resized).jpg
6B4EDA35-0993-4F30-AF5F-D7BB6DF40329 (resized).jpeg

There are 3509 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 71.
#3051 1 year ago

Not only can he reach the buttons now, but he's also much better than me. (2yrs, 7months).

IMG_0099 (resized).JPG

#3052 1 year ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Not only can he reach the buttons now, but he's also much better than me. (2yrs, 7months).

He was better than you when he couldn't reach the buttons Paul.

#3053 1 year ago
Quoted from stoptap:

A good point, well made.

#3054 1 year ago
Quoted from stoptap:

The boy did well:

IMG_0098 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#3055 1 year ago

Hi guys, here is link where you can find my custom sounds code for IM Pro and VE:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-custom-music-code-for-iron-man-pro-and-ve

If you like it, tell me!

#3056 1 year ago

My magnets seem to be getting weak and don't throw the ball like they used to. Are these easy to replace and where can you buy them? I couldn't find them at Marco or Pinlife.

#3057 1 year ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

My magnets seem to be getting weak and don't throw the ball like they used to. Are these easy to replace and where can you buy them? I couldn't find them at Marco or Pinlife.

They're electro magnets. They don't really weaken. So this is weird.

#3058 1 year ago

Maybe I'm mistaken. I thought Monger threw the ball a lot harder and further.

#3059 1 year ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Hi guys, here is link where you can find my custom sounds code for IM Pro and VE:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-custom-music-code-for-iron-man-pro-and-ve
If you like it, tell me!

Thank You!

#3060 1 year ago

My Vault Edition is for sale, local pickup in San Jose !

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/54679

#3061 1 year ago

IM shopper asks:

1. Is IMVE such an improvement over IM Standard that a shopper for IM would be foolish not to spend the extra fifteen-or-so percent to get IMVE?

2. If there were 1200 standard IM's made and just 300 IMVE's made, why is it that virtually every IM I see offered for sale here on Pinside is an IMVE? 2010 wasn't *that* long ago.

3. What is the market range for an IMVE today? $4500 - 5500? And for a standard IM?

"Vault Edition has added features such as LEDs, high-resolution metallic foil cabinet decals, lit Iron Monger chest and a redesigned metal backbox with decaled speaker panel and tilted DMD."

Of all of these I kind of like "redesigned metal backbox" most, but I could do without all of it *if* there were real savings to be had. Are there? And then there's resale value; will no one be tempted by my IM standard when it's time to trade?

Thanks in advance for any advice. I would love to buy an IM, but I want to do it as wisely as I can. 'tis a lot of scratch!

#3062 1 year ago

I sought out a VE for all the reasons you mentioned. I do really like the metal backbox and love the cabinet art. The tilted DMD panel looks better and has much less DMD reflection on the playfield glass. One thing you didn't mention is that the games are four years newer and therefore most likely less games played on them. Mine only had a couple hundred games when I got it and looked like new. Not sure if there is a difference, but the clearcoat looks amazing. The LEDs are also really nice and they are all sockets in case you do want to modify something.
Edit: I should mention that I had a friend's original IM for a short while before I bought mine. It was updated with very well done LEDs. It played beautifully and I certainly would have been happy with an original as well. The game play is identical between the two.

#3063 1 year ago

Love my original run. It has LEDs and lot iron monger, etc.
Whichever one you get is gonna be FUN.

IMG_20170107_174553335 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170107_174925651 (resized).jpg

#3064 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

IM shopper asks:
1. Is IMVE such an improvement over IM Standard that a shopper for IM would be foolish not to spend the extra fifteen-or-so percent to get IMVE?
2. If there were 1200 standard IM's made and just 300 IMVE's made, why is it that virtually every IM I see offered for sale here on Pinside is an IMVE? 2010 wasn't *that* long ago.
3. What is the market range for an IMVE today? $4500 - 5500? And for a standard IM?
"Vault Edition has added features such as LEDs, high-resolution metallic foil cabinet decals, lit Iron Monger chest and a redesigned metal backbox with decaled speaker panel and tilted DMD."
Of all of these I kind of like "redesigned metal backbox" most, but I could do without all of it *if* there were real savings to be had. Are there? And then there's resale value; will no one be tempted by my IM standard when it's time to trade?
Thanks in advance for any advice. I would love to buy an IM, but I want to do it as wisely as I can. 'tis a lot of scratch!

I don’t think it matters too much, both play great. The main differences that I see are the lit monger and the leds. You can obviously add leds to the original, but wonder if you need an led ocd board. I have a vault, but much prefer the wooden speaker panel of the original. Cab decals are nicer on the vault.

#3065 1 year ago

I bought one new in 2010, Iron Man has been a favorite comic for a long time. I also prefer the wooden speaker panel, easier to work with. The color dmd needs no adapters to install, either. I installed all leds & modified all 3 toys myself with leds, not hard. Absolutely no issues since purchase, home collection, though. Alternate translight, shooter, etc. are very nice. Of course, I like the 2010 better, very dependable.

#3066 1 year ago

Thank you, Lermods and Hippy, for your helpful replies to my post.

At this point I am excited to find either version.

Luckily, there are two bars close to me where I can play IMVE, so I will "keep shooting" 'til the right deal appears.

I am still terrible, but I've got better. Yesterday I earned 13.2M, my personal best, although that didn't earn me a reply. I was close! 13.9M was the mark!

I watched an IMVE owner get through Do-or-Die multi-ball on YouTube. He was killin' it! Forty minutes on a single game! And no extra balls!! Mad skills on that young'un!

J

#3067 1 year ago

Oh, and thank you to John F and yzfguy, too, for your replies.

I appreciate your time/input!

J

#3068 1 year ago

WTB: Iron Man, Standard or VE

I'm hoping to find one within four hours driving distance of Minneapolis.

If none exists, and if you're game to pack yours on a pallet, I would be happy to discuss buying one from a distant state and shipping it here.

I would love to hear about any example for sale, regardless of condition.

Thanks for reading my post!

J

#3069 1 year ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

If you like it, tell me!

I'm curious: where do these alternate sounds come from and why? Do you substitute your sounds for, say, the screech of a drone hit or the boom of a War-Machine kickback?

The sounds on IM are a big reason why I like it so much. They are hella tight! The steady unspooling of absurd amounts of ammo' during certain multi-balls, with all the plinking shell cartridges that litter the ground and the thousands of ricochets, is cool as SH_T! I would love to know where they got those sounds. There is a digital artist out there who made them from real weaponry samples and he deserves mad props! The drone screech, too, is spot on. It's, like, What the hell was that? And don't even get me started on the sounds of Monger stomping his way to a battle-ready stance! Boom! Boom! Boom!

How can you improve on that stuff? I would happily listen myself, but I have no IM of my own, so I can't install it and try it. I'm not hating. I'm just asking.

#3070 1 year ago

I'm curious: where do these alternate sounds come from and why? Do you substitute your sounds for, say, the screech of a drone hit or the boom of a War-Machine kickback?
The sounds on IM are a big reason why I like it so much. They are hella tight! The steady unspooling of absurd amounts of ammo' during certain multi-balls, with all the plinking shell cartridges that litter the ground and the thousands of ricochets, is cool as SH_T! I would love to know where they got those sounds. There is a digital artist out there who made them from real weaponry samples and he deserves mad props! The drone screech, too, is spot on. It's, like, What the hell was that? And don't even get me started on the sounds of Monger stomping his way to a battle-ready stance! Boom! Boom! Boom!
How can you improve on that stuff? I would happily listen myself, but I have no IM of my own, so I can't install it and try it. I'm not hating. I'm just asking.

It doesn't change everything....just adds a few missing touches. You get AC/DC "Shoot to Thrill" during War Machine multiball and you get the original Black Sabbath "Iron Man" when the game is over. At least that's what the version on mine does...actually I have the version with the "dubstep" Black Sabbath Iron Man...I think it fits the pin better.

#3071 1 year ago

I don't change sounds, just musics for some parts. No ACDC or dubstep Black Sabbath for mine. Changes are described in the topic linked.

#3072 1 year ago

WTB: Iron Man, Standard or VE
I'm hoping to find one within four hours driving distance of Minneapolis.
If none exists, and if you're game to pack yours on a pallet, I would be happy to discuss buying one from a distant state and shipping it here.
I would love to hear about any example for sale, regardless of condition.
Thanks for reading my post!
J

Yes! Get IM!

Do you already own pins already (T2?) or would IM be your first?

#3073 1 year ago

My IM has always had a "hum" when you hold the flipper. The hum seems to be getting much worse. Any ideas if flippers need a rebuild or something with the soundboard? Am thinking of a pinsound but it sounds really good now except the hum

#3074 1 year ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

My IM has always had a "hum" when you hold the flipper. The hum seems to be getting much worse. Any ideas if flippers need a rebuild or something with the soundboard? Am thinking of a pinsound but it sounds really good now except the hum

That's just common Stern flipper buzz. Something isn't aligned correctly or has worn uneven. A rebuild would fix it, but adjusting the assembly might too.

#3075 1 year ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Loosen the coil mounting brackets, ensure that a spring washer is installed, and then install one bracket securely using Blue (medium strength) Loctite on the mounting screws. Pinch the loose bracket and the installed bracket together tightly to remove any slop (with the coil and spring washer installed), and then tighten the bracket mounting screws on the loose bracket (again, using Blue Loctite). That should reduce the flipper hum. If not, then the coil stop bracket may need to be replaced, using the same installation technique.

#3076 1 year ago

Price reduced, this beauty has to find a new home now !

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/54679

#3077 1 year ago

Oh my....

641C0F3C-3BE6-4EB4-AA80-671110445B80 (resized).jpeg

#3078 1 year ago

LOL, what is the story behind those??

#3079 1 year ago

No biggie
Put a flat board and some weight on top, wait a few days and you are good to go

#3080 1 year ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

No biggie
Put a flat board and some weight on top, wait a few days and you are good to go

I doubt that's going to help with that artwork

#3081 1 year ago

Haha I like the artwork but I’m a sucker for anything Iron Man and yes I’m not worried about it not flattening out.

My oh my was more excitement than anything else

#3083 1 year ago

Newer to adding electrical mods and had to unplug my lit flipper buttons temporarily to install power to speaker lights. Can you link me to where I can purchase a splitter or do I need more to not cause issues?

#3084 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Newer to adding electrical mods and had to unplug my lit flipper buttons temporarily to install power to speaker lights. Can you link me to where I can purchase a splitter or do I need more to not cause issues?

We have them in stock...

https://lermods.com/products/pinball-led-lighting-splitter

#3085 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Pinball Life has an 8 way splitter if you have a few things to split. I use those.

#3086 1 year ago

Now THIS is effing cool..(even if I do say so myself )

#3088 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

» YouTube video

I saw this in the other thread, amazing! Awesome work! Really makes you wonder what stern is thinking when they only have stand ups. Yeah, yeah, cost, I know.

#3089 1 year ago

Ill take seven

#3090 1 year ago

But with the standup targets you get that awesome little 'doot-doot' noise and some paltry points if you hit an already lit target.

#3091 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

» YouTube video

Shit. How much is this going to cost me?

#3092 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Shit. How much is this going to cost me?

Yeah what he said!

Awesome work as always timebandit

#3094 1 year ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Sure would be cool in Tron!

Just gotta spring for the LE and they're yours!

#3095 1 year ago
Quoted from mattmarr:

Just gotta spring for the LE and they're yours!

In all honestly the standups are more of an advantage, as you can bounce a shot off the standups and through GEM, doesn't work anywhere near as well on the LE with the drops, but drops are like spinners, simple yet awesome!

#3096 1 year ago

Here ya go Grinder...just came back from being graded:
20171103_130159 (resized).jpg

Got a small stack graded:
20171103_130209 (resized).jpg

#3097 1 year ago

Nice stack!
If someone turned art from one of those classic issues of IM into a translite, I'd be ALL over that.

#3098 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Here ya go Grinder...just came back from being graded:

Got a small stack graded:

Sweet!!! Jealous!! I have a ton of Iron man comics but of Vol 1, I think my lowest is issue 4 but I doubt it would get a 7.5.

Quoted from Vino:

Nice stack!
If someone turned art from one of those classic issues of IM into a translite, I'd be ALL over that.

I was talking to modfather and one of his friends who makes translites. I showed him some comic pictures I wanted out on a translite but the images weren’t of a high enough quality.

D4D05458-7D06-4ECA-B694-0FD19DF4917C (resized).jpeg
27A65C02-D60F-4E9E-ACBD-CA904877686D (resized).jpeg

#3099 1 year ago

Not just Iron Man related but I’m close to having a complete Marvel Chess set. I had a sweet custom acrylic cover made as well:

490597DA-B3DB-42C0-84CF-6A9DBBDDEF62 (resized).jpeg

5D63B558-082B-4641-A363-F4C73E472FCA (resized).jpeg

#3100 1 year ago

Anchored In, Brooklyn NYC

IMG_20171104_191936_500 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
4,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, DC
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 26.95
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 16.00
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Machine - For Sale
Bucyrus, KS
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Sale Pending!
Corning, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
There are 3509 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 71.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside