(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,017 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,017 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 101.
#2951 6 years ago

I joined the club about two weeks ago and love the challenge of IM. Anyone have the altered code with "Shoot to Thrill" and Black Sabbath music they can share or point me in the right direction where to find it?

#2952 6 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I joined the club about two weeks ago and love the challenge of IM. Anyone have the altered code with "Shoot to Thrill" and Black Sabbath music they can share or point me in the right direction where to find it?

Which songs got replaced in that version? I'm interested but I really like the intro music when you first hit the start button.

#2953 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Which songs got replaced in that version? I'm interested but I really like the intro music when you first hit the start button.

Someone added "Shoot to Thrill" by AC/DC during War Machine multiball and "Ironman" by Black Sabbath somewhere in the mix.

#2954 6 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Someone added "Shoot to Thrill" by AC/DC during War Machine multiball and "Ironman" by Black Sabbath somewhere in the mix.

AC/DC's Shoot to Thrill could work nicely in the game but I cant see Black Sabbath working to well, its a pretty slow song tempo wise.

Then again IM has some of the best audio on a modern pin, literally not a bad track in the game.

#2955 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

AC/DC's Shoot to Thrill could work nicely in the game but I cant see Black Sabbath working to well, its a pretty slow song tempo wise.
Then again IM has some of the best audio on a modern pin, literally not a bad track in the game.

Black sabbath plays in the game over sequence. I have the code somewhere I think, I'll post a link to it.

#2956 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Black sabbath plays in the game over sequence. I have the code somewhere I think, I'll post a link to it.

I meant in game/gameplay, it works in the end game screen, but putting it into the gameplay I dunno, just wouldn't work imo, games just too fast and an adrenaline rush compared to most of Sabbaths IM track which is pretty slow and lethargic.

#2957 6 years ago

I put Iron Man - Black Sabbath on game over sequence with a fade out and it's very nice.
I also changed the music of some sequences like WM multiball, Whiplash multiball and Bogey with some Stoner/Heavy rock tunes (Atomic Bitchwax , Wet Cactus and Sasquatch) and Iron Monger MB with QOTSA - Misfit love and since i do that my IM is the best pin in the world it's just the better "mod" i do. This pin have some badass stock sounds and music and now it's perfectly perfect.
I will share the code soon if interested.

#2958 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Quoted from Shadrac:

I put Iron Man - Black Sabbath on game over sequence with a fade out and it's very nice.
I also changed the music of some sequences like WM multiball, Whiplash multiball and Bogey with some Stoner/Heavy rock tunes (Atomic Bitchwax , Wet Cactus and Sasquatch) and Iron Monger MB with QOTSA - Misfit love and since i do that my IM is the best pin in the world it's just the better "mod" i do. This pin have some badass stock sounds and music and now it's perfectly perfect.
I will share the code soon if interested.

Thank you sirs, any links would be much appreciated.

#2959 6 years ago

Look who's back! Second time in the club for me. Had the VE first time around, but an original here. Low plays and a bunch of extras.
Filled the lower GI up with comet sunlight frosted. And comet ambers across the backboard as an experiment. Gives it a glow like the Jericho explosion is going of in the background.
Fourth game in got the full points for DoD! Choked on the double scoring Jericho though, haha. Ahhh, it's good to be back!

IMG20170726225413 (resized).jpgIMG20170726225413 (resized).jpg

#2960 6 years ago

Should I do it? I think I should.

These are just test pics. Making sure I can actually mount the optic fibers. It will be fully RGB interactive, like Tron ramps, once coded. The fibers hug the ramps beautifully using my clips.

I'm also going to attempt adding tri-colour GI, like Met premium, SW, etc.

IMG20170730001510 (resized).jpgIMG20170730001510 (resized).jpg

IMG20170730001453 (resized).jpgIMG20170730001453 (resized).jpg

IMG20170730001359 (resized).jpgIMG20170730001359 (resized).jpg

IMG20170730001345 (resized).jpgIMG20170730001345 (resized).jpg

IMG20170729235004 (resized).jpgIMG20170729235004 (resized).jpg

IMG20170729234819 (resized).jpgIMG20170729234819 (resized).jpg

#2961 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Should I do it? I think I should.
These are just test pics. Making sure I can actually mount the optic fibers. It will be fully RGB interactive, like Tron ramps, once coded. The fibers hug the ramps beautifully using my clips.
I'm also going to attempt adding tri-colour GI, like Met premium, SW, etc.

Very sweet. Would love to see updates on this....

#2962 6 years ago

That looks great!

#2963 6 years ago

Yes yes a thousand times YES Mike!

You have to do the ramps & tri-color GI, it will take this pin to a whole other level! Go for broke on this one. Looking forward to updates

#2964 6 years ago

First bits of work on the code. All subject to improvements, but looking like it's going to work well.

An attract mode sample..

Monger action. Ramps go purple when he comes up. Once he's up, flashing with spinners, and big flashing on hits to the Monger. Multiball runs fades as well as all the flashes. Ramps return to white after the end of the MB. As usual, hard to get the colours true to life on video. The purple is definitely more purple than it looks.

#2965 6 years ago

Aww fuck I think I'm in trouble

#2966 6 years ago

After a long search, look who finally joined the club!!! So STOKED to have this pin in the house. Thanks again to NorCalRealtor for letting me twist his arm to make this sale

Can't wait to start tweaking this baby. Good thing I've read all 60 pages for ideas & I'm ready to go! Hurry up Mike and finish that code, looks awesome!

IMG_1329 (resized).JPGIMG_1329 (resized).JPG

#2967 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

First bits of work on the code. All subject to improvements, but looking like it's going to work well.
An attract mode sample..
» YouTube video
Monger action. Ramps go purple when he comes up. Once he's up, flashing with spinners, and big flashing on hits to the Monger. Multiball runs fades as well as all the flashes. Ramps return to white after the end of the MB. As usual, hard to get the colours true to life on video. The purple is definitely more purple than it looks.
» YouTube video

Light fiber ramps on IMVE?!?.....count me WAY in!!!

#2968 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Light fiber ramps on IMVE?!?.....count me WAY in!!!

And tri-colour GI if you didn't notice.

#2969 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I was too busy wiping the drool off my face from the ramps to catch that.....must watch again.....

#2970 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Yea I did notice that. How do I get that? You sell them?

#2971 6 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Yea I did notice that. How do I get that? You sell them?

I will be. I already sell GI kits for Met Pro and ACDC pro and a ramp kit for Tron. This will be next once I have it all coded.

#2972 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I will be. I already sell GI kits for Met Pro and ACDC pro and a ramp kit for Tron. This will be next once I have it all coded.

Well F you wallet.

I'm currently putting the lightedpinball bumper mods on my IM. Red, yellow and orange. I'll post pics and videos of them when they are done.

#2973 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Was TWD Pro also viable? Thought I'd seen a preview somewhere. Just the GI, not ramp fibres.

#2974 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

It looks cool, but the flashing with the spinner shots is way overkill.

Rob

#2975 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It looks cool, but the flashing with the spinner shots is way overkill.
Rob

Because of the subjectivity of what is or isn't overkill with this type of thing, my kits come with DIP switch selectable options. Before the final code is released (which can be updated again later if things change) I will work out the sorts of things some people like to turn on/off, and provide several options that users can change in the field.

And, generally, more aggressive effects will be confined to be being mode-relevant. No one wants a spinner going off like that all the time for sure, but during Monger, spinners are sort of his thing, so it can be used in short doses there for example.

#2976 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Will this work with original and VE flavors?

#2977 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Will this work with original and VE flavors?

Yep.

I won't bombard this thread with every update during development, but for anyone who doesn't already know about my Total Lightshow thread it is here..
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-lighting-in-your-face-st-pro-brought-to-lifevideo/page/32#post-3891216
Every day or so, as I do a new mode or come up with something interesting, I'll post it there.

#2979 6 years ago

Ah, what the hell, I'll put them here as well. I think you fine Iron Man folks are interested. And I am on topic.

Drone hits..

War Machine MB..

Fast Scoring..

#2980 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Ah, what the hell, I'll put them here as well. I think you fine Iron Man folks are interested. And I am on topic.
Drone hits..
» YouTube video
War Machine MB..
» YouTube video
Fast Scoring..
» YouTube video

NEED, NEED!!! Finish the code, and sell me one of these...PLEASE!!!

#2981 6 years ago

Ugh now I wish I hadn't done the Pinduino mod. Love it too, but this looks better. Any one know where I can get some new ramps so I can do this mod? lol

#2982 6 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Ugh now I wish I hadn't done the Pinduino mod. Love it too, but this looks better. Any one know where I can get some new ramps so I can do this mod? lol

Is it crazy to think they could both work together?

#2983 6 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Who knows, but that would probably be way too bright.

#2984 6 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I think the pinduino ramp mod with these GI lights would look great.

#2985 6 years ago

Yeah but not the ramp lights

#2986 6 years ago

I think the fiber looks amazing (TRONLE like) on this machine...very much like a "factory" mod....I could never get past the led strips on the clear ramps......

Fiber and color interactive GI is a win for me......

#2987 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I think the pinduino ramp mod with these GI lights would look great.

You might be right. I do love my ramp lights but never liked the visible led strip under the ramps.

I'll either keep the ramp lights and try some of his GI lights or get new ramps and try the fiber optic route.

#2988 6 years ago

I will vouch for Timebandit. I have his GI theatre kit on my MET Pro, along with the spinner sound caller package & a crystal tint apron. With all his add-ons, I actually prefer my upgraded MET Pro over a standard Premium. He really makes quality high end products, and he's great with customer support. I was thrilled when I heard he was working on a kit for IM.

#2989 6 years ago

I hate to change the subject, but now that I've had the game for a few days, I'm just loving the gameplay! So happy I made the decision to finally purchase

I had a couple questions & hope you guys could help me out...

1) Can someone take a photo of their stock outlanes for me? I believe a previous owner swapped out the stock posts for larger wide ones, making my outlane gaps too small. I want them as the designer originally intended. I'd like to order the standard stock outlane posts & put the correct rubbers on there.

2) I'd like to upgrade my Whiplash & WM figures, with chest LEDs, lighted whips & LED shoulder guns. I'd also like to add either an LED IM or Drone behind the center spinner too. But I think paying over $100+ for these mods is crazy, so I'd like to do myself. Been looking at some action figure options. I just can't find a parts list for the electronics or a step-by-step guide to do it. I'd like the chests to be tied into the GI & have whips/guns tied into the flashers. Doesn't seem like it would be hard, but I've never wired something like this before. Can anyone offer some tips? The threads I've found don't have all the info for wiring the LEDs

#2990 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Can someone take a photo of their stock outlanes for me?

Screenshot_2017-08-03-07-14-09-67 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-08-03-07-14-09-67 (resized).png

#2991 6 years ago

Is that a VE? That is placed a hole lower than stock on the OG.

#2992 6 years ago

Our WM is well under $100 shipped, $83.

https://lermods.com/products/iron-man-pinball-illuminated-war-machine-premium-with-gun-and-cannon-mod

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I hate to change the subject, but now that I've had the game for a few days, I'm just loving the gameplay! So happy I made the decision to finally purchase
I had a couple questions & hope you guys could help me out...
1) Can someone take a photo of their stock outlanes for me? I believe a previous owner swapped out the stock posts for larger wide ones, making my outlane gaps too small. I want them as the designer originally intended. I'd like to order the standard stock outlane posts & put the correct rubbers on there.
2) I'd like to upgrade my Whiplash & WM figures, with chest LEDs, lighted whips & LED shoulder guns. I'd also like to add either an LED IM or Drone behind the center spinner too. But I think paying over $100+ for these mods is crazy, so I'd like to do myself. Been looking at some action figure options. I just can't find a parts list for the electronics or a step-by-step guide to do it. I'd like the chests to be tied into the GI & have whips/guns tied into the flashers. Doesn't seem like it would be hard, but I've never wired something like this before. Can anyone offer some tips? The threads I've found don't have all the info for wiring the LEDs

#2993 6 years ago

Yeah those definitely aren't the posts on my machine. There's a star post on the LT outlane & two star posts on the RT outlane. I looked in the IM manual but it's hard to make out exactly what kind of post the stock ones are. Anyone have a part number?

#2994 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Is that a VE? That is placed a hole lower than stock on the OG.

The VE units were placed a hole lower for some reason.

#2995 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Our WM is well under $100 shipped, $83.

That's cool but I'd like to try & do it myself. Already bought some 3.75inch figures to modify, as I didn't want to screw up the originals that came with the machine.

#2996 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

That's cool but I'd like to try & do it myself. Already bought some 3.75inch figures to modify, as I didn't want to screw up the originals that came with the machine.

HoakyPoaky if your going to buy IM figures with chest LEDs already fitted go with either HOOKED (www.hookedonpinball.com) his are the best available in my opinion, kimballspinballs are also top notch.

No exposed wiring, no exposed LED body's just the heads plus in white giving a perfect Arc Reactor look/finish.

#2997 6 years ago

I've already dropped enough coin on mods this week, so I'll try to save some money if I can. I think it will be a fun project so I'm doing it myself. It cannot be that hard to do, and I know it's not going to cost what modders are charging. Action figures were like $10, bought the el-wire whips from china. Just need to figure out the chest LED wiring & alligator clip connections. I'll start a build thread eventually. Any tips are appreciated

#2998 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I've already dropped enough coin on mods this week, so I'll try to save some money if I can. I think it will be a fun project so I'm doing it myself. It cannot be that hard to do, and I know it's not going to cost what modders are charging. Action figures were like $10, bought the el-wire whips from china. Just need to figure out the chest LED wiring & alligator clip connections. I'll start a build thread eventually. Any tips are appreciated

My tip would be to forget you ever thought about using alligator clips, and just solder it onto the lamp you're tapping into.

#2999 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

My tip would be to forget you ever thought about using alligator clips, and just solder it onto the lamp you're tapping into.

I have alligator clips on all mine and it's been great. Very easy to remove as well.

#3000 6 years ago

Yeah most of my MET mods are wired via alligator, no issues either. I don't have a problem with them. When connecting figures to GI or Flasher sockets, is that tapping into 5V or 12V? I've got to do some basic LED wiring reading I guess.

Hey Grinder you're the ultimate IM fan around here.... you like those Hooked Arc Reactor Pop cap covers? I like the look of them, but I enjoy that the 3 stock pop colors match the red, yellow & orange playfield inserts. Kinda pricey too at $99 too, and they seem pretty bright. I'm on the fence with those.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 24.95
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,017 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/60?hl=mattmarr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.