(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,018 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 101.
#2801 6 years ago

BOM?

#2802 6 years ago

Bill of Materials - basically the budget/cost of each game.

#2803 6 years ago

"Bill of Materials" = Cost to Build.

I really don't think AS is that much greater...yes for the art but the license was probably cheaper. The playfield isn't super cluttered.

#2804 6 years ago

Since we are talking add a pin can I get some two cents for IM and AFMr.
My bud wants a second pin with speed and I'm telling him a good shape IM is just as fun per square buck vs saving for the remake.
His decision, but does anyone have/had both to settle it?
Am I completely off here? I know the layout, but haven't played AFM for long time.

#2805 6 years ago

IM vs anything, IM wins

#2806 6 years ago

I have had both, well AFM was my fathers to be exact but if I could only have one or the other in my collection IM would be my choice hands down.

Very few games are as engaging and as addictive (one more game) as IM, plus it has one of the best sound packages in Pinball history IM sounds as good as it plays the whole experience is just an adrenaline rush.

AFM is super fun but it just doesn't get my blood pumping like IM, plus my kids love IM.

#2807 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

IM vs anything, IM wins

Yeah that pretty much sums it up

#2808 6 years ago

If i have to keep one pin, it would be IM easily. This one will never leaves my house, never ever.
Well, i already have my coffin

#2809 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

IM vs anything, IM wins

Chuck Norris?

#2810 6 years ago

Chuck Norris achieves Do or Die Multiball the first time he plays IM

#2811 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Chuck Norris?

Don't you know...??

Chuck Norris... is Ironman

IMG_2725 (resized).JPGIMG_2725 (resized).JPG

#2812 6 years ago

When flow and speed rules the day, IM beats AFM hands down -> but for a long-term keeper in a small collection I think AFM wins for overall gameplay.... But if you want bang for your buck Iron Man is still a great one and a keeper so probably the way to go for a best deal scenario.

#2813 6 years ago

IM over AFMr for me. I was considering picking up an AFMr but honestly I think I'd rather have an Aerosmith over an AFMr also.

#2814 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Chuck Norris achieves Do or Die Multiball the first time he plays IM

Haha! Not even the great Chuck Norris is getting to Do or Die Multiball any time soon, unless they update the code to make it a bit more achievable.

#2815 6 years ago

Just posted 189M tonight. Factory. My all time best on factory settings.

#2816 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

IM over AFMr for me. I was considering picking up an AFMr but honestly I think I'd rather have an Aerosmith over an AFMr also.

I agree on both counts. IM is a better game than AFM, it is simply much faster. I'd also rather AS over AFM, I guess after 20 years of playing AFM I'm just into newer games with newer tech (also nice that AS is cheaper than AFMr).

#2817 6 years ago

Is there a bug with the Super Pops in IM? I just got done playing a game and the Super Pops counter kept resetting, and incrementing too. For example, it said 15 hits left and maybe I got 5 hits in (down to 10) before the ball went to the flippers. Shoot the ball back up and 15 hits left again.... Then 17, 20, 25, 26 hits left..... That makes it impossible to complete on a single ball.

Rob

#2818 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Is there a bug with the Super Pops in IM? I just got done playing a game and the Super Pops counter kept resetting, and incrementing too. For example, it said 15 hits left and maybe I got 5 hits in (down to 10) before the ball went to the flippers. Shoot the ball back up and 15 hits left again.... Then 17, 20, 25, 26 hits left..... That makes it impossible to complete on a single ball.
Rob

I believe there is something that resets the counter. I can't remember what it is though. Not much help but I don't think it is a bug.

#2819 6 years ago

Hello,

Can you guys please tell me if its easy to put a shaker on a Original Iron Man, in the next few days im going to adquire one, people says that is a must have on this machine...

Thanks

#2820 6 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Hello,
Can you guys please tell me if its easy to put a shaker on a Original Iron Man, in the next few days im going to adquire one, people says that is a must have on this machine...
Thanks

Does it have a single brown wire in the rats nest at the back/base of cabinet? If so, easy peasy. I'm finding all the recent Sterns have excellent Shaker integration (SM onwards, and LOTR) - if only they were installed at the factory!

#2821 6 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Hello,
Thanks

It is very easy, though you'll have to drill the cabinet to mount it. Note that Sterns particle-crap-board cabinet bottoms are VERY soft. Use a fully charged drill at high speed with a sharp bit and go slow. I blew out the bottom a bit attempting to drill my first hole for my shaker by being too hasty. It's pretty easy to do other than that.

#2822 6 years ago

For Northern California users, my IM is still available for sale
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/49807

I can lower the price if I remove some mods.

PM if interested !

#2823 6 years ago

I've got an Iron Man Vault Huo with less than 250 plays for sale in market adds. Located in St. Louis MO

#2824 6 years ago

I can't sell IM. LOTR is a great game! Fantastic and deep and all, but it is headed out this weekend. IM stays. Acdc, ST left also, both long gone.

IM can't leave for some reason?

#2825 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I can't sell IM. LOTR is a great game! Fantastic and deep and all, but it is headed out this weekend. IM stays. Acdc, ST left also, both long gone.

Still loving your SMVE? That's the game I'd like next. That and XMen.

#2826 6 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Dude I love my SMVE! My favorite game and can't believe I waited 4 years to buy a SM (SM or VE). I did have some tool in a Storm Tropper helmet on PS out of nowhere lecture me that the VE sucks compared to the original, but the VE is not a bad game though. ? I like both SM, so get either one.

If I sell mine you will get a first call and deal though. Can't say it will be anytime soon. Hope all is well!

#2827 6 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Since we are old, ha, did you look at a IM Costco model, pass and get a IM for $$ then mod the heck out of it and sell it then buy a vault mod the heck out of it, then want to buy a play field for it when you wear it out and now still have your VE which is the best modded IM around?

Still a cop and Dad protecting us and singing songs before bed to your kids and watching one of your wife's favorite shows with her before bed?

That sum it up?

#2828 6 years ago

Adrenaline is an amazing thing.

#2829 6 years ago

Since we are old, ha, did you look at a IM Costco model, pass and get a IM for $$ then mod the heck out of it and sell it then buy a vault mod the heck out of it, then want to buy a play field for it when you wear it out and now still have your VE which is the best modded IM around?
Still a cop and Dad protecting us and singing songs before bed to your kids and watching one of your wife's favorite shows with her before bed?
That sum it up?

Hahaha

Man that about sums it up!

#2830 6 years ago

I'm putting the chroma gold and red nuts on the playfield. It's the small things, the details, that I enjoy tweaking sometimes.

IMG_1343 (resized).JPGIMG_1343 (resized).JPG

IMG_1344 (resized).JPGIMG_1344 (resized).JPG

#2831 6 years ago

It's IM that has made me rethink Star Wars. Star Wars came out and looked pretty barren...Then I remember that was the same slam people had against IM (I did too). Boy was I wrong about IM and Star Wars (hopefully) is the same way. If it has speed and adrenalin then it will make into my house someday. Sooner if this whole Alien thing doesn't shake out.

#2832 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

It's IM that has made me rethink Star Wars. Star Wars came out and looked pretty barren...Then I remember that was the same slam people had against IM (I did too). Boy was I wrong about IM and Star Wars (hopefully) is the same way. If it has speed and adrenalin then it will make into my house someday. Sooner if this whole Alien thing doesn't shake out.

IM was $4k when I bought it. That was barely acceptable at the time. SW pro at $5400 with less than IM?

Maybe it will be awesome and maybe I'll eventually buy one, but I wouldn't ever shake the feeling of being fleeced on SW by Stern.

#2833 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

but I wouldn't ever shake the feeling of being fleeced on SW by Stern.

If that's the case then you should never buy one. IM's sored all the way up to 7k before the VE announcement...they still sell for right around 5k with mods. If the code is GREAT and the game is super fun then that's all you can really ask for and shouldn't feel fleeced.

WOZ is LOADED...but I personally do not care for it.

#2834 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

If that's the case then you should never buy one.

Agree.

Quoted from Astropin:

IM's sored all the way up to 7k before the VE announcement...they still sell for right around 5k with mods.

And?

Quoted from Astropin:

If the code is GREAT and the game is super fun then that's all you can really ask for and shouldn't feel fleeced.

Strongly disagree. We can ask for more. We've had more, why accept diminishing value on games?

Quoted from Astropin:

Ok?

I guess I'll wait for a heavily modded SW pro at $5k in a couple years if it's fun.

#2835 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

My point being I would feel fleeced buying a WOZ. It's not about how much "stuff" is jammed into the game...it's about how much entertainment I get out of the game (for me). Does SW fit my "entertainment" mold? I have no idea yet. I didn't think IM would...but it did, so SW has potential to surprise me.

#2836 6 years ago

I felt GB fleeced folks for being so hard on a family theme but others do not. It has stuff in the game though.

No one seems to talk about the license costs to get SW either. Disney paid $4 Billion for SW line. They need extra money back on a license then. No? There go your magnets under the Playfield. Look at all SW toys and collectibles, they retail for more than other lines. The consumer pays extra for the theme - as in pays more, gets less or a combination of both.

Comparing say DI to SW is apples to oranges on the theme. Anyone out there want Stern to come out with "Galaxy Wars" with their own hand drawn art and storyline. It will have more magnets and a real Translite but who would care about that game?

#2837 6 years ago

I just bought an IM vault. my main complaint is that is doesn't have the rails under the playfield like most cabs do, it only had these two post with rubber caps. has anyone done anything about this?

#2838 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Then I remember that was the same slam people had against IM (I did too). Boy was I wrong about IM.

Quoted from Astropin:

Sooner if this whole Alien thing doesn't shake out.

You and I think exactly alike

#2839 6 years ago

Gotta love Scarlett. I met a local collector who bought her IM & Avengers. Says he's friends with her and all the main characters got one from Stern. Color me jealous.

#2840 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I just bought an IM vault. my main complaint is that is doesn't have the rails under the playfield like most cabs do, it only had these two post with rubber caps. has anyone done anything about this?

You can purchase the actual rails...many have.

#2841 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

You can buy and install the standard playfield slide rails for about $40.

#2842 6 years ago

cool found em, http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1956
seems pretty cheap not to include such and essential item

#2843 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

cool found em, http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1956
seems pretty cheap not to include such and essential item

That is Stern these days.

#2844 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

That is Stern these days.

Right!

I am so done with Stern and their fun, awesome games!

Oh crap I just bought AS and put a deposit on SW LE. Ok. After SW I am done!

#2845 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

The thing that made IM work out was the rules. The rule set is perfect for the game. But just because it worked out great for IM doesn't translate to them doing it again for Star Wars. I hope they can bottle lightning again, but I'll wait to see.

Meanwhile IM will continue to kick my ass.

#2846 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The thing that made IM work out was the rules. The rule set is perfect for the game. But just because it worked out great for IM doesn't translate to them doing it again for Star Wars. I hope they can bottle lightning again, but I'll wait to see.
Meanwhile IM will continue to kick my ass.

Which is exactly why I said "hopefully". Code will be key with this game...hell it's key with any new game.

#2847 6 years ago

I am not even that good of a player for IM. I make it to Jericho once in 10 games. Doh. But I have completed it a few times and got Dod a few times. I have come a shot or two away from getting these many times. I just can't stop playing it though.

But then I play other games and can really play them well thanks to my IM training. So I thank IM for that.

#2848 6 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I'm putting the chroma gold and red nuts on the playfield. It's the small things, the details, that I enjoy tweaking sometimes.

That's pretty bad ass Grinder!

#2849 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

If that's the case then you should never buy one. IM's sored all the way up to 7k before the VE announcement...they still sell for right around 5k with mods. If the code is GREAT and the game is super fun then that's all you can really ask for and shouldn't feel fleeced.

I tried for awhile here to sell mine at $5k, and got no interest. So glad it didn't. I'm back to playing it and loving it, and mines a beautiful example too. Selling it would have been a regrettable mistake.

#2850 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I tried for awhile here to sell mine at $5k, and got no interest. So glad it didn't. I'm back to playing it and loving it, and mines a beautiful example too. Selling it would have been a regrettable mistake.

I'm close to selling mine, but part of me would rather sell my GoT pro instead. I have a SWLE on order so I have to pay for it somehow. GoT pro is such a fugly game to look at even compared to IM. And the gameplay of SW will be a lot like GoT so maybe I keep IMVE. IMVE certainly has an immersive FUN factor that GoT, in spite of it's good rules and gameplay, just doesn't have.

Rob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.