(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,016 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 101.
#2751 7 years ago

I just installed a colorDMD LED in my IMVE and I'm loving the results:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/131877641

#2752 7 years ago
Quoted from GreatBug:

I moved the LCD from my ACDC to my IMVE today and I completely agree! It's an absolute night and day difference in the ability discern what the dots are actually showing. The LCD is a trickier install and requires standoffs and some black foam to block light from showing on the sides... and a little bit of black tape too. I would go with the LED, but I don't want to give up DotsXL so I'll stick with LCD for now. Plus I want the display intensity/style to match my MET. I don't know if I will put another colordmd back in my Luci. I'm thinking about selling that one in anticipation of Star Wars.

Rob

#2753 7 years ago

Sometimes my IM doesn't give a credit when the credit score is reached (I have it fixed at 30,000,000). I thought it might be a CPU problem but I swapped it with another game and it does the same. Anybody else noticed the same thing ?

Ps It is running the latest code.

#2754 7 years ago
Quoted from GreatBug:

LED display looks awesome super bright and clear, I am waiting until ST is coloured before ordering colourdmd's for all my games at once, the more I see though I think I will be going LED for all my games.

#2755 7 years ago

Somebody posted in another thread how you can get the Extra Ball shot lit (not just as a random award). I can't remember which thread or how to do it. Anybody know ?

#2756 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I moved the LCD from my ACDC to my IMVE today and I completely agree! It's an absolute night and day difference in the ability discern what the dots are actually showing. The LCD is a trickier install and requires standoffs and some black foam to block light from showing on the sides... and a little bit of black tape too. I would go with the LED, but I don't want to give up DotsXL so I'll stick with LCD for now. Plus I want the display intensity/style to match my MET. I don't know if I will put another colordmd back in my Luci. I'm thinking about selling that one in anticipation of Star Wars.
Rob

So you dont like the LCD? I did LCD in TSPP and i really like it. Just did LED on DESW and not loving it. Maybe its the colorization, but the colors on the LED has way too bold, no transitioning. I only have 1 of each so not much to compare it to

#2757 7 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

So you dont like the LCD? I did LCD in TSPP and i really like it. Just did LED on DESW and not loving it. Maybe its the colorization, but the colors on the LED has way too bold, no transitioning. I only have 1 of each so not much to compare it to

I do like the LCD, very much! The biggest issue with the LCD is how it mounts. I was not sure I would like the display being moved back 1/3 inch where before it was flush with the front plastic. However it looks good so I'll leave it.

Rob

#2758 7 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

I have seen people mention a filter/film that darkens the led displays a little and supposedly improves their look massively by reducing the pin point brightness, tried finding a link but no luck, they have definitely been mentioned in colourdmd thread as I plan on buying them when I get some colourdmds as I will be going with led displays for all my games.

#2759 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have seen people mention a filter/film that darkens the led displays a little and supposedly improves their look massively by reducing the pin point brightness, tried finding a link but no luck, they have definitely been mentioned in colourdmd thread as I plan on buying them when I get some colourdmds as I will be going with led displays for all my games.

If the LED isn't comparable to DotsXL, then I would stick with LCD for that very reason.

Rob

1 week later
#2761 7 years ago

I haven't played my IM in months, had a spare 30 mins earlier tonight, and not jokingly probably played about 20 games in that time. The game just kicked my ASS tonight. Literally every missed shot drained immediately with no chance to save it. Balls draining off the plunge without ever flipping the ball. IM and Whiplash throwing it down the side. God, I hate this game sometimes!!! Almost broke my hand slamming a table in frustration. LOL, I'll be back you mutha-effer...I love you.

#2762 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I haven't played my IM in months, had a spare 30 mins earlier tonight, and not jokingly probably played about 20 games in that time. The game just kicked my ASS tonight. Literally every missed shot drained immediately with no chance to save it. Balls draining off the plunge without ever flipping the ball. IM and Whiplash throwing it down the side. God, I hate this game sometimes!!! Almost broke my hand slamming a table in frustration. LOL, I'll be back you mutha-effer...I love you.

There has never been a better "love to hate it" game.

#2763 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

And I absolutely f'ing love hating it.

It gets twice the play of TWD & TRON right now. LOTR is getting dusty.

2 weeks later
#2764 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

A perfect description!!!!...the thing is....this game doesn't give a s**t. Crazy speed, open playfield and unforgiving at a brutal pace. I have created new profanities playing this game...best machine I own to play after a crappy day at work. Bring anger, attitude, whatever....it laughs at you.....

1 week later
#2765 6 years ago

Got my iron man put back together...

Powder coated the legs, lockdown, sides, hinges and shooter housing gold metallic. Decided I didn't want to go red.

Lighting is bad and the colour screams in real life. Camera does no justice.

IMG_20170512_204619 (resized).jpgIMG_20170512_204619 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170512_204603 (resized).jpgIMG_20170512_204603 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170512_204612 (resized).jpgIMG_20170512_204612 (resized).jpg

#2766 6 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Got my iron man put back together...
Powder coated the legs, lockdown, sides, hinges and shooter housing gold metallic. Decided I didn't want to go red.
Lighting is bad and the colour screams in real life. Camera does no justice.

I like the gold color over the standard Candy Red armor. Bold choice! Looks great!

#2767 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I like the gold color over the standard Candy Red armor. Bold choice! Looks great!

I went non traditional. Did 4 pins actually. They are posted in the powder coat thread.

Went green on Metallica instead of the typical purple.

#2768 6 years ago

Hard to tell in the quick pics I took, but the gold actually matches really well to the writing on the cab art

#2769 6 years ago

I finally installed a shaker motor tonight in Iron Man...why did I wait over a year to do this?!?!?!?!

It's my first shaker install on the SAM system...I definitely like the SPIKE shaker install much better.

I know I've said it before, the game is extremely shallow, but the fun level is off the charts. I don't see how I'll ever tire of this game.

#2770 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I finally installed a shaker motor tonight in Iron Man...why did I wait over a year to do this?!?!?!?!
It's my first shaker install on the SAM system...I definitely like the SPIKE shaker install much better.
I know I've said it before, the game is extremely shallow, but the fun level is off the charts. I don't see how I'll ever tire of this game.

I've had mine for over two years and I have not even began to tire of it. Can't say it will last forever but it's as "keeper" as I ever get.

#2771 6 years ago

Everyone has different tastes. I've had mine not quite a year and I'm ready to let it go. Just didn't click with me. I like it, but don't love it. I'm also limited on space, so that also plays a factor. Anyone within driving distance looking for a VERY nice IM original, hit me up. This thing is LOADED with mods.

#2772 6 years ago

I bought mine and it already had the gold powder coat trim done, I wasn't crazy about it at first but it grew on me. As Meegis stated about his, bad lighting and pics don't do it justice. But I think his color looks better, being a darker hue.

I've had mine for almost 2 years now and I've thought about selling it a few times (including back to the previous owner which I backed out on, sorry again Josh!), but I just can't let it go yet. Great pin for a quick ass-kicking!
IM1 (resized).jpgIM1 (resized).jpg
IM2 (resized).jpgIM2 (resized).jpg
IM3 (resized).jpgIM3 (resized).jpg

#2773 6 years ago

Any of you know where I could buy a gold/brass shooter housing ? Or should I just poweder it red too ?

#2774 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Any of you know where I could buy a gold/brass shooter housing ? Or should I just poweder it red too ?

http://pinballplatingandmore.com/t/shooter-housing

#2776 6 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

I've thought about selling it a few times

I'd be scared to sell mine. I think it might notice and come upstairs to beat the crap out of me. For some reason it seems to always be mad.

#2777 6 years ago

I thought I would post this up here regarding the launch for the Pin Stadium kits for IM with wifi app control. The first video is of the kit being turned on and off to show the illumination it provides, but also you can color cast it too with the kit through independent app control of the RGB separate from the white lighting embedding in between them.

This second video was requested my several IM owners as they wanted to see what the UV+Glow Flasher option looked like.

Here is the official Pinside thread if you are interested in getting a set:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement

There are some before and afters of it here in the gallery too if you want to check those out:
http://pinstadium.com/gallery/

Thanks, and feel free to PM me or email me with any questions at [email protected]

#2778 6 years ago

I don't know if Ep posted this, but there's an updated colordmd rom for Iron Man. It fixes a few issues where the gamma is wrong - for example the Iron Monger launch video.

Rob

#2779 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't know if Ep posted this, but there's an updated colordmd rom for Iron Man. It fixes a few issues where the gamma is wrong - for example the Iron Monger launch video.
Rob

Well spotted!

Also note TWD was updated on the same date.

#2780 6 years ago

Might be a silly question, but with AC/DC getting another green light, does anyone think they'd do another run of IM VE in 2018? So many people enjoy this pin, one of their best IMO.

The cult status of this pin has only grown among pinheads since the 2010 & 2014 releases. Seems like they only ran acouple hundred VE's. Another run sure would be nice for those of us who were late to the party.

Wishful thinking I suppose.

#2781 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Might be a silly question, but with AC/DC getting another green light, does anyone think they'd do another run of IM VE in 2018? So many people enjoy this pin, one of their best IMO.
The cult status of this pin has only grown among pinheads since the 2010 & 2014 releases. Seems like they only ran acouple hundred VE's. Another run sure would be nice for those of us who were late to the party.

I hope they do. It's a pin that could use even more exposure.

#2782 6 years ago

I wish Stern would rerun IM but as a comic theme like they did with Spider Man VE. I'd sell my blinged out IMVE today to get an all comic Iron Man pin

#2783 6 years ago

Just joined the club!With a Nib IM VE......Love that machine,gives me that only one more feeling.Had to modify a little bit,see your self...
Regards Fred

IMG_1283 (resized).JPGIMG_1283 (resized).JPG

#2784 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

So many people enjoy this pin, one of their best IMO.

so strange that in the USA this pin is more than loved, but not really so much in Europe... !?

#2785 6 years ago

I live in France and Iron Man is the best for me

#2786 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

so strange that in the USA this pin is more than loved, but not really so much in Europe... !?

That is strange. I can tell you that I did not care for it at all after playing it a half dozen times or so. It took a while to grow on me and now it's one of my all time favorites.

#2787 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

That is strange, everyone I know in the UK & Europe (France, Germany, Netherlands) loves Ironman, a lot didn't love it when it was first released but I don't know many people that don't love getting their asses handed to them by Ironman

#2788 6 years ago

Since i have Iron Man (my first Stern) i am desperatly in search of others Stern similar, with the same intensity, speed brutality and fun. But i don't find... And i had many...
I will get soon a Avatar, not the same ratings and reputation but i think it will be close to IM, i hope
I already had SM, Tron, TWD, LOTR, XM, ACDC, MET, all are gone. But IM will leave the day i'll lose interest in pinball

#2789 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Since i have Iron Man (my first Stern) i am desperatly in search of others Stern similar, with the same intensity, speed brutality and fun. But i don't find... And i had many...
I will get soon a Avatar, not the same ratings and reputation but i think it will be close to IM, i hope
I already had SM, Tron, TWD, LOTR, XM, ACDC, MET, all are gone. But IM will leave the day i'll lose interest in pinball

IM is a one of a kind game when it comes to intensity, speed, brutality and fun, I wouldn't pay attention to the ratings for Avatar its just as good as IM. Just like IM Avatar has awesome shots and has another one of Sterns best art and sound packages, the game looks as good as it sounds, I actually prefer Avatar over XM, LOTR, ACDC and MET, I don't think you will be disappointed.

#2790 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

My big problem with Avatar is theme. I don't usually pick games based on theme, but theme can wreck a game for me. In the case of Avatar, I hated the movie, and therefore all the callouts irritate me. The gameplay can't overcome that. Overall though, it's a fine game. The rules are very similar to IM, so it has that going for it.

#2791 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Maybe AS would work? TWD or GOT?

#2792 6 years ago

Avatar is the most similar game to Iron Man. It is also a beautiful pin to look at. I actually find IM easier than Avatar.

#2794 6 years ago

Thanks for your feedbacks!

#2795 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Thanks for your feedbacks!

Good choice....it's a pretty good "bang for your buck" as well.

#2796 6 years ago

For you guys close to NorCal, I have my original IM with tons of mods for sale:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/49807

Don't hesitate to contact me and spread the word !

#2797 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Good choice....it's a pretty good "bang for your buck" as well.

Avatar is certainly every bit as good as IM, if you swapped the themes I believe people would still prefer IM on the Avatar layout.

IM is just universally a cool theme and the movie is now a classic of sorts Marvel killed it with the first film and RDJ as Stark. Where as Avatar is a very divisive film some love it and some hate it.

Strip back the games to bare white woods and it would be a tough call, as a total package IM is probably the better game, but I think Avatar actually has the better layout and shots.

#2798 6 years ago

With both games Borg knocked them out the park considering the creative and budget restraints he was under at the time.

#2799 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

With both games Borg knocked them out the park considering the creative and budget restraints he was under at the time.

Looks like he's done it again with Aerosmith.

#2800 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Looks like he's done it again with Aerosmith.

AS is another great shooter from Borg, but its BOM is probably greater than IM and Avatar combined

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.