(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,016 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 101.
#2601 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sounds awesome! A skillshot or 2 are greatly needed, any thought about adding combos? I know we have BOGEY shots, but I love hitting orbits followed by ramps or vice versa in Ironman as the speed cranks up and it would be great to see the pin recognise that?
I know I have read most of your posts regarding your plans so I apologise if anyone of this is stuff you have covered but regarding Jericho could you not just break up the scene a little so you have to earn the big "I give you the Jericho" speach followed by the actual missle launch and explosion as the last completed mode video clip? Always seemed like the part of the scene I felt should really be earnt and with your mod it would be a real visual/audio treat?
Rewatching the scene, you could always add a cool little Easter egg for performing particularly well during Jericho, at the end of the scene RDJ opens a drinks case and says something like "I'll through one of these in on any order of 500 million or more" I don't know if its something you are doing rebalancing the scoring but if so it would be awesome to have that little "Easter egg" clip for someone achieving high scores within Jericho to match up with actual jerhico scores.
Speaking of video clips, I always found whiplash MB to be very limited video wise, would be awesome to see more of the monico scene broken down into shot clips as the whole scene IMO is great fun and the suitcase suit is just awesome! War machine multiball always seemed like scenes from the party at the stark house in Ironman 2 or the team up against whiplash would have made most sense too.

First, and most importantly, I'm just building this for myself. There's no way I'd ever get through the legal maze and expense of making it legit to give to other people. I'll take it to shows and whatever, but I can't make it for other people. No interest in taking on the Disney machine.

The 'end' of jericho is the full clip of the launch/missle/detonation -- if you complete all the parts and hit the final shot. It's all the interim shots that are boring. There's nothing else to the scene, so every shot uses the missile jets starting up.

I was actually thinking about using the drink case as the extra ball animation -- still not sure what to do there. Might use the clip from age of ultron where he steps out of his suit and looks at it in sokovia.

For whiplash and war machine - I've already got what you're talking about. Whiplash has 5 jackpot clips and 2 super jackpot clips, and on top of that, a second run through whiplash uses the 'iron whiplash' from later in the movie - all the jackpots (again, 5 and 2) use the video from the last battle in the dome. It's pretty great. War Machine also has many more jackpot clips, 3 double jackpots instead of one, and a longer super jackpot. Stern only had the trailer of the movie to work from when they made the game, that's why Whiplash and WM are so limited.

Maybe DOD could be replaced with the battle at the end of IM 3 with all the IM suits in a big battle -- haven't dug through that to see if there's enough useable video there or not. There's a decent amount of Iron Patriot in IM3 too, that could maybe be farmed for something new -- but I'm not really thinking about too much new yet. Still trying to build the original game.

There's very few clips that are really useful from the hulk buster battle (clean shots of IM getting a shot or hit in that aren't too short) - but it works pretty well to replace the IM scoring stuff, as there's an easy intro, and a nice "firing" shot (IM scoring uses a single firing shot, too).

Edit Update:
Now that I've cut apart the Hulkbuster scene, I actually got a lot more out of it that I can use than I expected - so that's probably a really good candidate to replace DOD multiball. So maybe I'll use the end of IM3 for Ironman Scoring instead.

#2602 7 years ago

* Iron Man Air Assault Drone Figure For Sale Only $45.00 shipped.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-air-assault-drone-figure

#2603 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Awesome choice man, Goldeneye is a seriously underrated pin, but when it's working 100% IMO there is nothing else that plays like it and it's a great compliment to IRONMAN and the rest of your collection congrates on the purchase.

Just set it up today and this one plays great. I have it set at 7 degrees and can hit all three ramps from the left flipper. Satellite shot is always fun.

#2604 7 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Where'd you get that? Looks awesome

From here. http://www.pinballmetal.com/

I had all the metal powder coated and installed the lighting behind.

#2605 7 years ago

Hello fellow IM junkies. Well its been a good run but we are under two dozen pop kits left here. I wanted to post here for the diehard guys that may enjoy them if your late to the party. Also we still offer all of our figures which have flush leds in the chests. I had never seen figures with leds hanging out of the chest like the ones posted here...yikes. If interested in a factory fit and finish please contact us for figures. Here is a good link to show how a chest should look.

http://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p34/Iron_Man_Air_Assault_Drone_Figure.html

Pops custom cast metal -custom bases and my own creation ultra bright leds.

http://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p33/Iron_Man_Pop_Bumper_Cap_Kit.html

s385790218873361898_p33_i1_w640 (resized).jpegs385790218873361898_p33_i1_w640 (resized).jpeg

s385790218873361898_p33_i9_w160 (resized).jpegs385790218873361898_p33_i9_w160 (resized).jpeg

#2606 7 years ago

I will second that I recently brought a set of pop bumper caps from Rob aka Hooked as well as War Machine, Whiplash (w/el whips) & Monger and they are easily the best modded figures available for Ironman, the flush led/chest arcs look as good as factory and Robs service is second to none

#2607 7 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Hello fellow IM junkies. Well its been a good run but we are under two dozen pop kits left here. I wanted to post here for the diehard guys that may enjoy them if your late to the party.

Finally got around to ordering a set. Not cheap, but I do think they are the best, and with as much as I've spent on my IM it sure didn't make sense to skimp on these.

#2608 7 years ago

My kit is on the way

#2609 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Finally got around to ordering a set. Not cheap, but I do think they are the best, and with as much as I've spent on my IM it sure didn't make sense to skimp on these.

You won't be disappointed Rob they are stunning and the quality is top notch!

The quality and finish of Hooked's LED figures are also easily the best around if anyone is looking for a factory finish.

#2610 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Good move Rob....they look amazing, and next to his custom TRON pop caps, the best out there!!!.....Mark

#2611 7 years ago

I'm in!!!! Anyone wanna sell a McKee topper?

#2612 7 years ago

Getting there...still a ways to go, but pecking at it

IMG_5726 (resized).JPGIMG_5726 (resized).JPG

#2613 7 years ago

IMG_5534 (resized).JPGIMG_5534 (resized).JPG

IMG_5537 (resized).JPGIMG_5537 (resized).JPG

IMG_5538 (resized).JPGIMG_5538 (resized).JPG

IMG_5540 (resized).JPGIMG_5540 (resized).JPG

IMG_5544 (resized).JPGIMG_5544 (resized).JPG

IMG_5554 (resized).JPGIMG_5554 (resized).JPG

IMG_5555 (resized).JPGIMG_5555 (resized).JPG

IMG_5556 (resized).JPGIMG_5556 (resized).JPG

#2614 7 years ago

Is that some kind of box over the cab speaker?

#2615 7 years ago

Wow you are too much! Did you powdercoat the staple holding the goodie bag inside the cab also?

Looks great though. Worth the extra steps you did if you going all in on a great game like IM!

#2616 7 years ago

Needs more red.

#2617 7 years ago

Hey, guys.... Are the mylar circles with the colored rings still available for the magnets? I just joined the club two days ago and I'm trying to catch up...... Mine currently has a shaker, awesome flipper fidelity speakers, led backbox board, lot figures/whips. Incoming colordmd.I have ordered target decals- ridiculous price, but worth it, led strips for the apron and behind monger, maybe one up in the back of the playfield, and replacement pop bumper caps.
I think I'd like those magnet Mylars with accents. Not sure if I wanna go with speaker lights, or the lit up emblems on the speaker grills. Any other new stuff available? Any source for the shoulder cannon for war machine? Might be worth throwing an led in one and putting it on him.
I am loving this game....it is so hard not to keep hitting the start button while cursing under my breath.

1 week later
#2618 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Hey, guys.... Are the mylar circles with the colored rings still available for the magnets?

I can't find any colored Mylar rings for the Iron Man magnets... just the clear ones from Marco...

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/803-5000-MG

Alternatively, you can install Cliffy's carbon fiber rings.

#2619 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I can't find any colored Mylar rings for the Iron Man magnets... just the clear ones from Marco...
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/803-5000-MG
Alternatively, you can install Cliffy's carbon fiber rings.

I was selling those colored rings. Can make them any solid color.

#2620 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Hey, guys.... Are the mylar circles with the colored rings still available for the magnets? I just joined the club two days ago and I'm trying to catch up...... Mine currently has a shaker, awesome flipper fidelity speakers, led backbox board, lot figures/whips. Incoming colordmd.I have ordered target decals- ridiculous price, but worth it, led strips for the apron and behind monger, maybe one up in the back of the playfield, and replacement pop bumper caps.
I think I'd like those magnet Mylars with accents. Not sure if I wanna go with speaker lights, or the lit up emblems on the speaker grills. Any other new stuff available? Any source for the shoulder cannon for war machine? Might be worth throwing an led in one and putting it on him.
I am loving this game....it is so hard not to keep hitting the start button while cursing under my breath.

https://www.amazon.com/Iron-Man-War-Machine-Figure/dp/B003ANMV1U

#2621 7 years ago

I have an Iron Man. Outlane posts are set conservative (as open as they get).

Breaking 15 million on this game is a struggle, and I'm not bad at Iron Man. I'm wondering if this is the incorrect "factory" setting?

#2622 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have an Iron Man. Outlane posts are set conservative (as open as they get).
Breaking 15 million on this game is a struggle, and I'm not bad at Iron Man. I'm wondering if this is the incorrect "factory" setting?

Levi, I think factory settings for IM were outlane posts in the top position out of the 4 holes (i.e., wide open), whereas factory settings for IMVE were outlane posts in the 3rd position down from the top (i.e., pretty closed, but not all the way closed).

#2623 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Levi, I think factory settings for IM were outlane posts in the top position out of the 4 holes (i.e., wide open), whereas factory settings for IMVE were outlane posts in the 3rd position down from the top (i.e., pretty closed, but not all the way closed).

That's pretty interesting. I guess they decided to make it a little easier? The playfields and post hole positions should be exactly the same on both games, right?

I guess I'll keep it how it is but it sure is a ballbuster. I rarely top 20 million on this thing and I've probably played 50 games. Yeah yeah play better....

#2624 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's pretty interesting. I guess they decided to make it a little easier? The playfields and post hole positions should be exactly the same on both games, right?
I guess I'll keep it how it is but it sure is a ballbuster. I rarely top 20 million on this thing and I've probably played 50 games. Yeah yeah play better....

That's ironman for you. It's that one game where you break through that keeps you pushing start for another 50 games trying to do it again. You can set the game to award an extra ball at any point level you want, maybe set it at 15 million. You probably already know this.

#2625 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That's ironman for you. It's that one game where you break through that keeps you pushing start for another 50 games trying to do it again. You can set the game to award an extra ball at any point level you want, maybe set it at 15 million. You probably already know this.

I don't do that shit. It's always factory settings for me.

I've kicked plenty of Iron Man ass on location which is why I'm taken aback at how brutal my game is. But it is HUO, super clean fast etc. I'll figure it out! On location games I have plenty of 100+ million scores.

#2626 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't do that shit. It's always factory settings for me.
I've kicked plenty of Iron Man ass on location which is why I'm taken aback at how brutal my game is. But it is HUO, super clean fast etc. I'll figure it out! On location games I have plenty of 100+ million scores.

Games I've played on location have had weaker slings, it's often the slings that throw the ball into the outlanes on my game. My posts are factory settings too. I award an extra ball at 50 mil.

#2627 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Games I've played on location have had weaker slings, it's often the slings that throw the ball into the outlanes on my game. My posts are factory settings too. I award an extra ball at 50 mil.

Yeah my slings were crazy sensitive so I loosened them up a little. At least gives me a chance.

#2628 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah my slings were crazy sensitive so I loosened them up a little. At least gives me a chance.

I've got my IMVE outlanes set in the middle. I've got MONGER set to Hard (makes game a little easier). I have the game at 6.8-7 degrees (makes it a little easier), and I have JERICHO set to carry over (although I did that after completing it on one ball first). It's a really fun mode and I like to keep it going. I also have the top post turned off. Makes for a very difficult skill shot and greatly increases the overall speed of the game. Just my own personal settings after playing if for a while.

#2629 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I have an original IM that I bought from the original owner. He left everything in the stock position. The factory settings for the outlane posts on the original IM were one hole short of wide open. There are 4 holes available.

Quoted from Astropin:

I've got my IMVE outlanes set in the middle.

There is no middle. Like I said above, there are 4 holes available. I'm assuming that holds true for the VE.

#2630 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

There is no middle. Like I said above, there are 4 holes available. I'm assuming that holds true for the VE.

You're right....one up from closed.

#2631 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The factory settings for the outlane posts on the original IM were one hole short of wide open. There are 4 holes available.

Thanks for the clarification. I knew for certain what the IMVE factory post setting was, since I just bought one NIB, but wasn't sure about IM.

#2632 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I have an original IM that I bought from the original owner. He left everything in the stock position. The factory settings for the outlane posts on the original IM were one hole short of wide open. There are 4 holes available.

That's interesting. Mine is HUO and set wide open, and yours is HUO and one short of open. I'll check it out.

It's also possible mine are the same of yours and I just didn't realize it.

#2633 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's interesting. Mine is HUO and set wide open, and yours is HUO and one short of open. I'll check it out.
It's also possible mine are the same of yours and I just didn't realize it.

When I first got mine, looking at the posts from the player position (at least the one on the left side), it looked like it was in the top hole (wide open), but upon closer inspection, there was another open hole.

#2634 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

When I first got mine, looking at the posts from the player position (at least the one on the left side), it looked like it was in the top hole (wide open), but upon closer inspection, there was another open hole.

Correct, mine was set that way and on factory.

I think the biggest issue was it was a little unlevel to the left which was causing a drain anytime it got anywhere near there. I fixed it and my scores are up a bit and I can make saves out of the left outlane.

#2635 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Correct, mine was set that way and on factory.
I think the biggest issue was it was a little unlevel to the left which was causing a drain anytime it got anywhere near there. I fixed it and my scores are up a bit and I can make saves out of the left outlane.

I checked mine last night, they are one hole away from the slings. This is how it came from Stern. It is a VE that I bought NIB. Odd they seem to be all over the place with the placement of them.

#2636 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

This is how it came from Stern. It is a VE that I bought NIB. Odd they seem to be all over the place with the placement of them.

Like RobT said further up on this page, from players POV the original IM release was set 3rd hole up, so almost wide open and the VE was released with posts placed in the 2nd hole up from bottom, almost at most closed.

Wouldn't surprise me though if a few games where different, after all we all saw the photos of all those GB pins that had left Stern with mismatched lollipop side rails, so out lane posts could easily be just as mismatched but generally they where set as above, I guess the VE was released to be a little less rage inducing

1 week later
#2637 7 years ago

Do I have to remove the entire Iron Monger assembly to to change the bulb that's in the chest of the monger?

#2638 7 years ago

Oh and i finished installing Pinduino lights on the ramps. Great mod, looks awesome worth every penny. I went with mounting the strips on the outside edge of the ramps, it made it easy to install and it has a much cleaner factory look to it.

IMG_2393 (resized).jpgIMG_2393 (resized).jpg

#2639 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I got a new high score tonight. Started the Do-Or-Die hurry-up on ball one, and nailed the hurry-up for 34 million. Finished ball one with 68 million, and posted a final score of 78 million.
God, I love this game!!!

I tacked another 8 million onto my previous high score. Making progress!

IMG_2585.JPGIMG_2585.JPG

#2640 7 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Oh and i finished installing Pinduino lights on the ramps. Great mod, looks awesome worth every penny. I went with mounting the strips on the outside edge of the ramps, it made it easy to install and it has a much cleaner factory look to it.

Those look great, if I could have them just set to go off with Whiplash hits and whiplash multi ball I would have a set the shape of the ramps almost look like his whips.

#2641 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Those loono hik great, if I could have them just set to go off with Whiplash hits and whiplash multi ball I would have a set the shape of the ramps almost look like his whips.

Why can't you do that? Just tie into the flasher. Not familiar with the pinduino, what does it hook into to draw power? I have my undercabinet lighting tied to that whiplash flasher, war machine flasher and a third flasher that I can't recall off hand, and my backboard strip is tied to the pop bumper flasher, quite an amazing light show.

#2642 7 years ago

One word...... Colordmd

#2643 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Those look great, if I could have them just set to go off with Whiplash hits and whiplash multi ball I would have a set the shape of the ramps almost look like his whips.

eric (Lyonsden) Sells the kits, he might be able to tell you if you can code them to just turn on during whiplash. Right now they look like this:

#2644 7 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

eric (Lyonsden) Sells the kits, he might be able to tell you if you can code them to just turn on during whiplash.

Hi, I have the same kit I've been waiting to install. How long did it take you to do the whole thing including breakdown of ramps etc...? I'm doing the side install as well, was it fairly obvious what to do considering the instructions are for installing underneath? Thanks for posting your results!

#2645 7 years ago

It was pretty easy, it probably took me an hour and a half. Could have been faster but I was going really slow and cleaning under the ramps etc. The tip to make it all go smoother is getting a really long screw driver to get the lower Left and Right screws off the the backboard art plastic. They are a pain to get to without a super long screw driver. I went to Lowes and got like 12" #2 and the screes came out really easy. Everything else was pretty straight forward, mounting the LED strips on the outer edge makes the install way easier. It's a great mod that adds a ton of impact to the game for the money.

#2646 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Why can't you do that? Just tie into the flasher. Not familiar with the pinduino, what does it hook into to draw power?

You know I didn't even think of it like that

Although it looks cool as it is, I think I would prefer something more similar to the Tron ramp kit using light tubes or EL wire instead of led strips, I am not totally sold on seeing each individual led although a diffuser strip would be a an easy solution, something like the Tron ramp kit would look great and more whip like and it's the whiplash targets and multi ball I want to enhance.

#2647 7 years ago

So is it necessary to remove the entire monger mech to chnge the bulb in his chest?

#2648 7 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

So is it necessary to remove the entire monger mech to chnge the bulb in his chest?

I've never done it, but added flashers behind him. Based on what I saw, my guess would be yes.....

#2649 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've never done it, but added flashers behind him. Based on what I saw, my guess would be yes.....

But don't loose the springs. I bought my IM used and one spring was missing, causing a ball to occasionally get stuck at the feet of Monger. It took 3 months for me to get replacement springs from Marco ... Stern held up the request - surprise, surprise. Evidentally no one ever ordered one. Bottom line is to be careful not to loose the clips and springs.

#2650 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

But don't loose the springs. I bought my IM used and one spring was missing, causing a ball to occasionally get stuck at the feet of Monger. It took 3 months for me to get replacement springs from Marco ... Stern held up the request - surprise, surprise. Evidentally no one ever ordered one. Bottom line is to be careful not to loose the clips and springs.

Yikes!!!....good tip....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.