(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,509 posts
  • 314 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by maffewl
  • Topic is favorited by 100 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 744 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2752 (resized).jpg
B6024FA0-545B-4A39-B92D-315B307BDE4E (resized).jpeg
41E42D32-1E27-4290-A09F-B8A29CC796C5.jpeg
4D3D5EAB-A0BC-4FC6-AC38-6575A3FB3147.jpeg
65ACE028-551D-425D-B9F5-945B147B16E5.jpeg
FF2A9D48-8CC7-43CF-A751-484B4001D24E.jpeg
thumbnail-1 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail-7 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail-6 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail-4 (resized).jpeg
2222 (resized).jpg
5555 (resized).jpg
1111 (resized).jpeg
4444 (resized).jpg
3333 (resized).jpg
6B4EDA35-0993-4F30-AF5F-D7BB6DF40329 (resized).jpeg

There are 3509 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 71.
#2551 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Another quick preview of what the Ironman HD setup looks like. This time with the display in the game. My phone had a hard time with the light though, so the screen looks really washed out. It's not crappy in person. Come check it out in the PROC booth at expo. It may not do a whole lot by then, but it'll do something.
» YouTube video

WOW!!!

#2552 2 years ago

Does anyone know where to find a decal for the grill? It looks like PinGraffix is no longer carrying the one I want. Ministry of Pinball looks like they have the one I want, but I would prefer to ship from US business.

#2553 2 years ago

Has anybody tried the NVRAM in their IMVE? Good? Cons to the install? Would you have to reinstall anything or re-setup your settings?

#2554 2 years ago

It's been a while, but nvram really isn't needed as its a round watch-type battery, forget what they are called (lithium-ion maybe). They last a long time and don't leak.

#2555 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Has anybody tried the NVRAM in their IMVE? Good? Cons to the install? Would you have to reinstall anything or re-setup your settings?

Quoted from Lermods:

It's been a while, but nvram really isn't needed as its a round watch-type battery, forget what they are called (lithium-ion maybe). They last a long time and don't leak.

Lermods is right. Also, the RAM on Stern's S.A.M. system boards are surface-mounted, so there is no plug and play option.

#2556 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Quoted from Razorbak86:

Lermods is right. Also, the RAM on Stern's S.A.M. system boards are surface-mounted, so there is no plug and play option.

Ok thanks guys! I had a set of batteries corrode on me in a different game - my fault for ignoring it when I had kids years ago. Didn't want that to happen again and was going to solve it forever on this game based on the claims. How often should that watch-type of battery be changed? 6 months, year, 2 years?

#2557 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Ok thanks guys! I had a set of batteries corrode on me in a different game - my fault for ignoring it when I had kids years ago. Didn't want that to happen again and was going to solve it forever on this game based on the claims. How often should that watch-type of battery be changed? 6 months, year, 2 years?

5 years I believe.

#2558 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

If you're really worried, you can send your board to Rob Anthony at LockWhenLit.com (Borygard here on Pinside), and he can solder on a surface-mounted NVRAM to put your mind at ease.

#2559 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Another quick preview of what the Ironman HD setup looks like. This time with the display in the game. My phone had a hard time with the light though, so the screen looks really washed out. It's not crappy in person. Come check it out in the PROC booth at expo. It may not do a whole lot by then, but it'll do something.
» YouTube video

Wow!!

#2560 2 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

If you're really worried, you can send your board to Rob Anthony at LockWhenLit.com (Borygard here on Pinside), and he can solder on a surface-mounted NVRAM to put your mind at ease.

Ok thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

#2561 2 years ago

I thought the disc type batteries didn't leak...don't they just lose power?

#2562 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I thought the disc type batteries didn't leak...don't they just lose power?

They don't leak.

#2563 2 years ago

Working on War Machine Multiball today. It's coming along ok, but of course everything is subject to change.

If anybody in the IM club is really good at making sweet looking metal stuff in photoshop and wants to help me out, let me know

#2564 2 years ago

Shouldn't have posted the WIP video so early in the day I guess. This is probably about what it will look like at expo. I fancied up several of the display parts, and flipped the 'start' and 'ready' animations because they make more sense in this order.

And, I know that the laser spin is really the 'end' of the battle and would make sense for the super, but it's war machine's multiball, so I gave him the glory on the super jackpot.

Did you guys know that any_ shot to the WM kicker during the first 20 seconds of WM Multiball will add a ball -- not just once? I didn't.

#2565 2 years ago

That's looking real good ...

#2566 2 years ago

Hi guys,
does anybody have problems to adjust music and sound effects volume? I would like to adjust music volume louder than effects, i tried everything in the settings (volume from 1 to 15, music volume at -60, -20, 0, +30 etc...) and nothing changes. I hear no differences at all.
Code is 1.83.
Help please.

#2567 2 years ago

I have a few IM mods for sale if anyone is interested. Iron Man figure with light up chest from hooked, War Machine figure with light up chest from hooked, pop cap tops from hooked and a red shooter rod. $350ish in parts new and I am asking $275 shipped in the US

#2568 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Shouldn't have posted the WIP video so early in the day I guess. This is probably about what it will look like at expo. I fancied up several of the display parts, and flipped the 'start' and 'ready' animations because they make more sense in this order.
And, I know that the laser spin is really the 'end' of the battle and would make sense for the super, but it's war machine's multiball, so I gave him the glory on the super jackpot.
Did you guys know that any_ shot to the WM kicker during the first 20 seconds of WM Multiball will add a ball -- not just once? I didn't.
» YouTube video

I did not know that! Good to know.

#2569 2 years ago

pop caps sold, still have the two lighted figures available for $200 shipped

IMG_3853 (resized).JPGIMG_3855 (resized).JPGIMG_3854 (resized).JPG

Added over 3 years ago: THESE HAVE BEEN SOLD THANKS

#2570 2 years ago

More tales of trying to work out game logic after the fact. Like the bonus, the "Super Pops" has a mystery number that I have to work out. I'm sure you're all aware that you get to the super pops by shooting each orbit and the center spinner to light the pops. After that, super pops begins and each hit is worth some value.

Here's what I've got so far: The value starts with a base of 20,000. Any hit to the center spinner switch adds 200 to that value, so the absolute minimum the value can be is 20,200, because if you start a game, and hit only the left and right orbit switches and the center spinner switch 1 time, it's 20,200. If you start a game and hit the left orbit, the center spinner switch twice, and the right orbit, the value is 20,400 -- extra hits to the orbits do not add any points. Similarly any hit to either side spinner switch adds 300 to the value. Also figured out by process of elimination. The problem is, I've seen values for the super pops that end in 50 -- and I can't find a switch that adds 50 points (or something that ends in 50 points) to the value.

TLDR: FYI, the spinners jack up the super pops value, bros.

#2571 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

More tales of trying to work out game logic after the fact. Like the bonus, the "Super Pops" has a mystery number that I have to work out. I'm sure you're all aware that you get to the super pops by shooting each orbit and the center spinner to light the pops. After that, super pops begins and each hit is worth some value.
Here's what I've got so far: The value starts with a base of 20,000. Any hit to the center spinner switch adds 200 to that value, so the absolute minimum the value can be is 20,200, because if you start a game, and hit only the left and right orbit switches and the center spinner switch 1 time, it's 20,200. If you start a game and hit the left orbit, the center spinner switch twice, and the right orbit, the value is 20,400 -- extra hits to the orbits do not add any points. Similarly any hit to either side spinner switch adds 300 to the value. Also figured out by process of elimination. The problem is, I've seen values for the super pops that end in 50 -- and I can't find a switch that adds 50 points (or something that ends in 50 points) to the value.
TLDR: FYI, the spinners jack up the super pops value, bros.

Is this not accurate?: http://www.pinballnews.com/games/ironman/index5b.html

#2572 2 years ago

It is not. At least not on some details. Martin says that the super pops score is 1/25th the jackpot value - but that's not accurate. I did a lot of manipulating those 2 values (super pop value and jackpot) and am positive they're not tied together.

The jackpot value builds with every pop hit until the super pops start. It builds the jackpot by the value of the pop. Unlit pops are 5k, first level lit pops are 7.5k -- and if you manage to survive through super pops and re-light it, the pop flashes and is now worth 10k (max).

The super pops value is built by (at least) the spinners -- but there may be other things that add to it.

I had not noticed that the super pop value can still raise DURING super pops though, so reading through his analysis was helpful. Thanks for that!

#2573 2 years ago

I like that you are really digging into the guts of the scoring epthegeek. With you future video mod, will you be able to prioritize the video on the screen better, or are you kind of bound by the codes that are being fed to the mod? It's not a big deal with the dmd videos (because they are so crappy anyway) being interrupted by something else - like scores/numbers popping up of something new that you hit ... or other less important video segments. But with your mod, better video display priorities would be cool.

#2574 2 years ago

It's not a video mod. I don't know how you could fully do that with all the dynamic elements. I'm rewriting the entire game. The intent is to replicate the gameplay as best I can. However I do have other ideas about how some of the video is handled, for example the first time you do the WHIPLASH multi ball, it uses video from the race track. But on the second round in the same game I'm using the stuff from the end of the movie with full-metal WHIPLASH.

Really, what I'm doing is stupid. It's a monumental amount of work just to make the display look different. It makes no sense. I just like making things.

#2575 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It's not a video mod. I don't know how you could fully do that with all the dynamic elements. I'm rewriting the entire game. The intent is to replicate the gameplay as best I can. However I do have other ideas about how some of the video is handled, for example the first time you do the WHIPLASH multi ball, it uses video from the race track. But on the second round in the same game I'm using the stuff from the end of the movie with full-metal WHIPLASH.
Really, what I'm doing is stupid. It's a monumental amount of work just to make the display look different. It makes no sense. I just like making things.

Keep on making my man!

#2576 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I didn't realize you were doing a complete re-write of the code. Cool! Make do or die multi-ball a "little" easier and you will sell lots of them. Keep doing what you love and make it great!

#2577 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It is not. At least not on some details. Martin says that the super pops score is 1/25th the jackpot value - but that's not accurate. I did a lot of manipulating those 2 values (super pop value and jackpot) and am positive they're not tied together.
The jackpot value builds with every pop hit until the super pops start. It builds the jackpot by the value of the pop. Unlit pops are 5k, first level lit pops are 7.5k -- and if you manage to survive through super pops and re-light it, the pop flashes and is now worth 10k (max).
The super pops value is built by (at least) the spinners -- but there may be other things that add to it.
I had not noticed that the super pop value can still raise DURING super pops though, so reading through his analysis was helpful. Thanks for that!

Well damn. Time to eat crow on this one. Martin is actually right on the 1/25th of the jackpot value. The jackpot value is hard to track because it's not always show when it's increasing.

The spinners add the current value of their associated pop bumper to the "super pop value" - so on an already lit pop, they ad 7500 per spin to the jackpot and on the first shot when unlit, they add 5000. That was the difference I was seeing in the side spinners vs the center - I was hitting the side ones after lighting the pop with the orbit, so they were more.

I am not seeing the drones adding hits to the super pops though - but that may be an artifact of an older software version.

1 week later
#2578 2 years ago

Am I a bad player or the Super Jackpots on IM especially for the Whiplash and War Machine MB are super hard to get? Maybe i have to work my "pin-fu" but wow... BSD super jackpots are a lot easier compared to this.

I hope one day Stern will do a new code with a real skill shot and a more atainable DoD MB... This game deserves it.

#2579 2 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Am I a bad player or the Super Jackpots on IM especially for the Whiplash and War Machine MB are super hard to get? Maybe i have to work my "pin-fu" but wow... BSD super jackpots are a lot easier compared to this.
I hope one day Stern will do a new code with a real skill shot and a more atainable DoD MB... This game deserves it.

If you disable the top post in settings you will have a real skill shot. Balls fly around and go to the left flipper from the shooter lane during multiball also. More exciting to me, but the pops don't get hit as much which changes gameplay and scoring also. Give and take.

I always tell people to try it though and see how they like it.

#2580 2 years ago

Yes i already try a few games with post disabled, but i prefer enabled. Changes are significant for the shields awards too, i think the game is better with the post enabled but i agree, the skill shot is boring.

#2581 2 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

... but i agree, the skill shot is boring.

Yeah - it's a shame, but IM really has no "skill" shot.

#2582 2 years ago

We must submit a petition to Stern for a new code! We can make it

#2583 2 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

We must submit a petition to Stern for a new code! We can make it

Just get a PROC board once epthegeek is done. Reverse-engineered code that is fully customizable, so you can add your own skill shot. Plus you can get a riduclous HD display

#2584 2 years ago
Quoted from mattmarr:

Just get a PROC board once epthegeek is done. Reverse-engineered code that is fully customizable, so you can add your own skill shot. Plus you can get a riduclous HD display

Pssshh, like I'm not going to add a better skillshot.

1 week later
#2585 2 years ago

Wrapping up the package for Expo -- come by and check it out! It's no where near complete, but it will hopefully be at least playable without too much crashing and weirdness.

#2586 2 years ago

I'm getting a tech alert for switch #7 (left orbit). When I run the test, the left orbit switch registers as #39 (right lane above the bumpers). Switch #39 also registers as #39. Any ideas for a noob?

1 week later
#2587 2 years ago

Courtesy of Matt Riesterer at Back Alley Creations.

Thanks, Matt. You're too good to me, dude!

IMG_2417.JPG

#2588 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Wrapping up the package for Expo -- come by and check it out! It's no where near complete, but it will hopefully be at least playable without too much crashing and weirdness.
» YouTube video

This display looked AMAZING at expo!!!....thank you for letting us check it out , unbelievable work!!!...mark

#2589 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This display looked AMAZING at expo!!!....thank you for letting us check it out , unbelievable work!!!...mark

If only it was just a display. Then I wouldn't be buried in code! Working on more of the missing parts now (Jericho, Shield awards, etc)

#2590 2 years ago

FINALLY back in the Ironman club!

NIB Ironman Pro coming home, it's been a long time coming following some rough times but the collection is finally starting to grow again

#2591 2 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

That looks familiar.

Iphone 5-20-16 602 (resized).JPG

#2592 2 years ago

Where'd you get that? Looks awesome

Quoted from Kawydud:

That looks familiar.

#2593 2 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Paint the eyes on the hinges with a bit of silver. Makes it look much better.

#2594 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

FINALLY back in the Ironman club!
NIB Ironman Pro coming home, it's been a long time coming following some rough times but the collection is finally starting to grow again

Cool!......and I just picked up a Goldeneye.

#2595 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If only it was just a display. Then I wouldn't be buried in code! Working on more of the missing parts now (Jericho, Shield awards, etc)

Whatever you did...looks amazing!!!

#2596 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Whatever you did...looks amazing!!!

Posssibly one of the most innovative and best mods for any game awesome work cannot wait to see Jericho mod done!

Do you have any plans on changing the requirements for do or die multiball as well as adding video for do or die aswell as DOD multIball through your code?

#2597 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Cool!......and I just picked up a Goldeneye.

Awesome choice man, Goldeneye is a seriously underrated pin, but when it's working 100% IMO there is nothing else that plays like it and it's a great compliment to IRONMAN and the rest of your collection congrates on the purchase.

#2598 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Posssibly one of the most innovative and best mods for any game awesome work cannot wait to see Jericho mod done!
Do you have any plans on changing the requirements for do or die multiball as well as adding video for do or die aswell as DOD multIball through your code?

I definitely plan to add an alternate 'hold the flipper' skill shot, an extra ball you can earn somehow, and at least adjustments for making DOD multiball easier. I'm not sure what video would be good for DOD multiball though.

Jericho is actually a little dull, visually. Every shot is the same clip - just because there's not much to work with from the film, really. But at least it'll be pretty.

I'm working on the "Ironman Scoring" right now - man what a waste that mode is. It's a huge let down after double scoring. I think I'll probably change it up. Make it "Hulkbuster Scoring" and tweak it so you can actually get big points out of it. Like ramp shots multiply the shot value and add some time, or something.

Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 9.29.04 AM (resized).png

#2599 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I definitely plan to add an alternate 'hold the flipper' skill shot, an extra ball you can earn somehow.
Jericho is actually a little dull, visually. Every shot is the same clip - just because there's not much to work with from the film, really. But at least it'll be pretty.
I'm working on the "Ironman Scoring" right now - man what a waste that mode is. It's a huge let down after double scoring. I think I'll probably change it up. Make it "Hulkbuster Scoring" and tweak it so you can actually get big points out of it. Like ramp shots multiply the shot value and add some time, or something.

Sounds awesome! A skillshot or 2 are greatly needed, any thought about adding combos? I know we have BOGEY shots, but I love hitting orbits followed by ramps or vice versa in Ironman as the speed cranks up and it would be great to see the pin recognise that?

I know I have read most of your posts regarding your plans so I apologise if anyone of this is stuff you have covered but regarding Jericho could you not just break up the scene a little so you have to earn the big "I give you the Jericho" speach followed by the actual missle launch and explosion as the last completed mode video clip? Always seemed like the part of the scene I felt should really be earnt and with your mod it would be a real visual/audio treat?

Rewatching the scene, you could always add a cool little Easter egg for performing particularly well during Jericho, at the end of the scene RDJ opens a drinks case and says something like "I'll through one of these in on any order of 500 million or more" I don't know if its something you are doing rebalancing the scoring but if so it would be awesome to have that little "Easter egg" clip for someone achieving high scores within Jericho to match up with actual jerhico scores.

Speaking of video clips, I always found whiplash MB to be very limited video wise, would be awesome to see more of the monico scene broken down into shot clips as the whole scene IMO is great fun and the suitcase suit is just awesome! War machine multiball always seemed like scenes from the party at the stark house in Ironman 2 or the team up against whiplash would have made most sense too.

#2600 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I definitely plan to add an alternate 'hold the flipper' skill shot, an extra ball you can earn somehow, and at least adjustments for making DOD multiball easier. I'm not sure what video would be good for DOD multiball though

How about rethemeing Do or Die & Do or Die Multiball??

While I agree the whole Ironman scoring system (fast, double, IM) was a missed opportunity, but the hulkbuster battle could definitely be cool as a retheme of Do or Die, as the mode names themselves never made a lot of sense to the theme IMO, a retheme of DOD & DODMB would be awesome, I would even be willing to donate towards your time for that as I'm sure others would be too, adding two more useable and fun modes essentially should be priceless to most IM owners.

Best scenes I can think of for rethemeing do or die/do or die mb are probably the end of Ironman 3 "clean slate protocol" sounds cool loads of audio clips for it and that last scene was visually awesome, hulkbuster like you said would be cool "hulkbuster battle" or "Ironman vs hulk" would definitely be cool having that final mode in IM getting the hulkbuster armour.

Anyway man love what you are doing just wanted to throw out some thoughts while Im sitting in the sun on vacation.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Sale Pending!
Corning, NY
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
$ 26.50
$ 50.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Solon, OH
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Machine - For Sale
Bucyrus, KS
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 3509 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 71.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside