(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,018 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 101.
#2501 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Please explain something to me. If I complete Monger more than once (twice or three times I think - maybe during the multiball) on the same game ball number, the Monger completion light will blink. The blinking carries over to the next balls until the end of the game. This has happened several times and happened once on me for whiplash too. Is this qualifying for something? If I get all the completion lights to blink, what happens? What am I really doing to make them blink and carry over?

A blinking light means you completed that mode (i.e. got the super jackpot), and mode completion carries over from ball to ball. If you can complete all the modes, then you get to start Do or Die Multiball. Simple as that

I think there is a video of it maybe one or two pages back on this thread.

#2502 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I may be selling a beautiful low play loaded with every mod imve to make room for a afm . If anyone is interested or knows anyone looking for one like this let me know . Thanks
Mods include but not limited to color dmd, red pinball refinery powdercoat , topper, custom metal apron with interactive lighting, shaker, hooked pop caps, all lighted figures from hooked , speaker lights and inserts, external subwoofer.

Nice game, but that trough area looks so dark. Light it up!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2503 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I recommend using the Lermods trough flasher (by special request) to link to the main features - Monger flasher (purple), Whiplash flasher (green) and War Machine (blue/cyan). That is awesome! It gives you some visual indicators at the flippers during multiball!

#2504 7 years ago
Quoted from mattmarr:

A blinking light means you completed that mode (i.e. got the super jackpot), and mode completion carries over from ball to ball. If you can complete all the modes, then you get to start Do or Die Multiball. Simple as that
I think there is a video of it maybe one or two pages back on this thread.

Interesting ... I'll have to see how I got the super jackpots. Thanks.

There should be a rulesheet (besides just the basics) made up by someone that knows all of this for some of us still learning the game and all it has to offer. I know the code isn't too deep, but would help to explain things a little better. Did someone already do that which I have missed?

#2505 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

IM can be super intense, but I think GOT has it beat.

Negative

#2506 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have red flashers under that area and blue and white under the apron symbols. The game is very brite in person and definitely dont need any more gi lol. U can see in the second pic how bright it really is

#2507 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Interesting ... I'll have to see how I got the super jackpots. Thanks.
There should be a rulesheet (besides just the basics) made up by someone that knows all of this for some of us still learning the game and all it has to offer. I know the code isn't too deep, but would help to explain things a little better. Did someone already do that which I have missed?

These guys covered the major stuff I think:

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/ironman/index5b.html

Hope this helps and if you still have questions, don't hesitate to ask!

#2508 7 years ago

I got a new high score tonight. Started the Do-Or-Die hurry-up on ball one, and nailed the hurry-up for 34 million. Finished ball one with 68 million, and posted a final score of 78 million.

God, I love this game!!!

IMG_2181.JPGIMG_2181.JPG

#2509 7 years ago

Here's a REALLY early peek at what I meant by changes in a second run at doing Ironman HD. The display ends up about 5.5 inches tall on the mounted screen, so I'll have to chop the hole open more.

The demo shows what I'm currently thinking of for the ironman targets, the early ramp shots, and then some clips I might use for the drone target hits, since I don't have any studio quality animations of standing drones exploding.

#2510 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Here's a REALLY early peek at what I meant by changes in a second run at doing Ironman HD. The display ends up about 5.5 inches tall on the mounted screen, so I'll have to chop the hole open more.
The demo shows what I'm currently thinking of for the ironman targets, the early ramp shots, and then some clips I might use for the drone target hits, since I don't have any studio quality animations of standing drones exploding.
» YouTube video

So bad ass! I'd be down for a new speaker grill to accommodate the new display. Whatever it took

#2511 7 years ago

Awesome work, Eric!

#2512 7 years ago

Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm going to take this thing to expo for the P-ROC booth. However far along it is.

#2513 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

IM, including the VE, is an interesting case. It's the only game I know of that has an option for LED vs incandescent light show. If you choose LED, it dumbs down the insert lighting so that it plays nicer with LEDs. If you set it to incandescent, you still get the full light show, but it will cause massive flickering if you have LEDs installed.
In my opinion (obviously biased), IM set to incandescent with LED OCD is the best you can get. In fact, I would say that IM is probably the single best use for LED OCD that I have seen.

I installed the LED OCD kit in my new IMVE late last night, and holy $&!#, were you right! This is the second kit of yours that I've installed, and the smooooth lighting transitions with the LEDs using the "Incadescent" setting in the game menu are just as noticeable as they are on my LOTR.

Herg, you rock, dude! Thanks again for making such a wonderful product!

#2514 7 years ago

Ugh, looks like I'll have to get one for mine.

#2515 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Ugh, looks like I'll have to get one for mine.

How in the world do you not already have one installed?

It is definitely the best bang for the buck mod on IM period.

FYI, on the VE you can install the LEDOCD onto the existing studs in the head. You will have to ream out the mounting holes a tiny bit on the LEDOCD a little since the studs are a little too thick to fit through the holes. I only reamed out the top two holes since all four don't line up with all four mounting holes on the LEDOCD.

Also the bottom two studs will contact the back of the PCB so use a plastic spacer for each top studs to position it away a ways. I think I used half inch spacers.

#2516 7 years ago

Dammit. It's really that good? I love it in my TSPP. You think it's worth it on IM?

#2517 7 years ago

Hi,
Will from France. I just acquired today a very nice IM classic, i'm very happy .
But flippers are a bit weak (settings on hard). They are the same left and right and reference is 090-5032. In the manual it's a 5032 for the left and 5030 for the right. So i need to change at least one coil. I would like to know if i can upgrade coils, put a one level stronger for each one? It seems that in the IMVE, Stern puts stronger coils than the classic, is it true? If yes, can someone give me reference of the coils?
It's my first Stern pin and i'm much more used to B/W pin so... If you can help me, it's nice.
(I want to upgrade coils cause i like fast games but of course a rebuild kit is on the way)

Thanks!

#2518 7 years ago

Also i have an other question: the stock red display have lines out (3), that's really annoying and i want to replace it with a used DMD. Can i bought a DMD from latest Stern like ACDC, ST for exemple or it doesn't fit?

#2519 7 years ago

Reference of my display (red) is 520-5052-05 and it seems that it can be replaced by the newer ones 520-5052-15. Can somebody confirm that? I contacted Stern but no answer yet.
My IM is a Euro version and it have a different display than the US version (us version is a standard Dot Matrix who can be used in DE, Bally/Williams etc..)

#2520 7 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Hi,
Will from France. I just acquired today a very nice IM classic, i'm very happy .
But flippers are a bit weak (settings on hard). They are the same left and right and reference is 090-5032. In the manual it's a 5032 for the left and 5030 for the right. So i need to change at least one coil. I would like to know if i can upgrade coils, put a one level stronger for each one? It seems that in the IMVE, Stern puts stronger coils than the classic, is it true? If yes, can someone give me reference of the coils?
It's my first Stern pin and i'm much more used to B/W pin so... If you can help me, it's nice.
(I want to upgrade coils cause i like fast games but of course a rebuild kit is on the way)
Thanks!

Don't upgrade the coils. Just take apart the flipper mechs and clean them (or do a straight flipper rebuild). Check the parts and make sure they're in good condition. That should get you back to full strength.

#2521 7 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Also i have an other question: the stock red display have lines out (3), that's really annoying and i want to replace it with a used DMD. Can i bought a DMD from latest Stern like ACDC, ST for exemple or it doesn't fit?

Stock display on the Iron Man pro was orange. You can install a newer stern DMD, but you'll need to draw 5V from an unused connector in your back box. Read this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swap-dmd-from-acdc-to-iron-man-pro-need-a-little-help

Also, not every orange plasma display will work in your IM. Read this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmd-issue-swap-between-wms-and-stern

#2522 7 years ago

Thanks a lot!

#2523 7 years ago

My 2nd game on a recently purchased IMVE and this happens during the Iron Monger MB blocking the SuperJackpot shot. Cradling other remaining ball on the left flipper hoping for a ball search, but nothing, so i let it drain. It then ball searches and releases it...

Common?

Annoying?

IMG_4616 (resized).JPGIMG_4616 (resized).JPG

#2524 7 years ago

Common no

Annoying sure

#2525 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Common no
Annoying sure

8th game - same happens.

Have to drain all the balls to get it back.

25% of all my games hit rate so far! It surely must detect the Monger's not fully down, so go and try down again? You'd think, anyway.

#2526 7 years ago

You shouldn't need to drain, the ball search always kicks in and releases it on mine.

#2527 7 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

You shouldn't need to drain, the ball search always kicks in and releases it on mine.

Even with 2+ balls in play? How long do you wait with other balls cradled?

#2528 7 years ago

Totally not common. If Monger is headed downward I keep my shots from going up the center anyway. Not going to score any points and may hit the lid or get stuck under. Shoot wide!

#2529 7 years ago

Curious ... What game code version are you running? That appears on the DMD when you power it up. That's one thing to check.

#2530 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Curious ... What game code version are you running? That appears on the DMD when you power it up. That's one thing to check.

V1.83.

Maybe I should reflash the code ensuring the VE option is used? The splash screen says VE though.

Will have another game and see if I cradle long enough it'll hunt for balls.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2531 7 years ago

Just tested the 2 Monger switches and both check out OK.

Happened to open the coin door immediately after starting a game and the monger motor cut-out (as it should) about 2cm from down/closed position. Closed the door and it just stayed there for ball one - all other motors working

It's like there's no check for "is Monger UP or DOWN?" - because it shouldn't be anywhere inbetween.

I'm going to get the playfield up later and see if the 2 Monger switches need adjustment, or if anything else is off.

#2532 7 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

My 2nd game on a recently purchased IMVE and this happens during the Iron Monger MB blocking the SuperJackpot shot. Cradling other remaining ball on the left flipper hoping for a ball search, but nothing, so i let it drain. It then ball searches and releases it...
Common?
Annoying?

The problem is that holding a flipper up will prevent the ball search. The game assumes you have one trapped (which you did) and won't search.

#2533 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The problem is that holding a flipper up will prevent the ball search. The game assumes you have one trapped (which you did) and won't search.

So how can I get around it? The monger down switch isn't closed (to be checked), so should it keep trying to pull down? or go up and then down again, releasing the trapped ball?

Any photos of the monger mech on a VE from a few angles MUCH appreciated ahead of me lifting the playfield.

#2534 7 years ago

So how can I get around it? The monger down switch isn't closed (to be checked), so should it keep trying to pull down? or go up and then down again, releasing the trapped ball?
Any photos of the monger mech on a VE from a few angles MUCH appreciated ahead of me lifting the playfield.

The only way to get the game to fix itself is to drain the other ball. Your alternate option is to hold the ball on the flipper, take the glass off, grab your stuck ball, re-assemble and resume.

I've had my IM a few years and I've never had that particular situation happen. The ball is wild, just roll with it.

#2535 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The only way to get the game to fix itself is to drain the other ball. Your alternate option is to hold the ball on the flipper, take the glass off, grab your stuck ball, re-assemble and resume.
I've had my IM a few years and I've never had that particular situation happen. The ball is wild, just roll with it.

As soon as I open the door to releases the crappy latches to get the glass off; the flipper power goes...

There's a setting for that though I think.

#2536 7 years ago

If it happens during multiball I would just play on until the trapped ball is the only one left. No real loss as you are essentially trapping the ball in the Monger rather than on the flipper.

#2537 7 years ago

Just put the setting on for "coindoor ball save". Then when this happens, open the coindoor. Let any non stuck ball drain. Then close the coindoor and let monger raise. Once he raises, open the coindoor again. let that ball drain. Then the game will kick the balls back in.. Now you're back in business! It happens sometimes. Just avoid shooting at him when he is going down.

#2538 7 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

If it happens during multiball I would just play on until the trapped ball is the only one left. No real loss as you are essentially trapping the ball in the Monger rather than on the flipper.

it blocks the Monger Super Jackpot up the middle spinner lane (i think).

#2539 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Just put the setting on for "coindoor ball save". Then when this happens, open the coindoor. Let any non stuck ball drain. Then close the coindoor and let monger raise. Once he raises, open the coindoor again. let that ball drain. Then the game will kick the balls back in.. Now you're back in business! It happens sometimes. Just avoid shooting at him when he is going down.

this sounds like a reasonable compromise, thanks.

#2540 7 years ago

#2541 7 years ago

it blocks the Monger Super Jackpot up the middle spinner lane (i think).

No huge loss though, I've seen pro players drain the Monger multiball on purpose so they can progress faster to DOD hurry up - a much bigger play off.

#2542 7 years ago

Ive had it happen once in a blue moon. Hell, I've put two balls under the lid as he went down. There are photos and maybe even a thread or two about this exact situation so it's on Pinside somewhere already.

#2543 7 years ago

The best thing you can do is avoid shooting up the middle when Monger is dropping. Not that hard and I have not trapped a ball since doing it the first time.

Otherwise you play the ball/s still in play until they drain and then wait for ball search.

#2544 7 years ago

Just a FYI ... I had one ball stuck under the lid of Monger tonight and for kicks, I got the other second ball stuck under the lid on purpose also. It went through the ball search and Monger raised to release both. I guess that is an option in critical situations, but ... I don't know if that is good strategy on your home game. Risk for damage? Maybe.

#2545 7 years ago

That happens quite often on my game as well. Know I've had two trapped in there at least 2-3 times.

#2546 7 years ago

Here's a new rig I slapped together w/ a red translucent apron. A bit messy but it gets the job done!

IMG_2455 (resized).JPGIMG_2455 (resized).JPG

IMG_2449 copy (resized).jpgIMG_2449 copy (resized).jpg

#2547 7 years ago

Another quick preview of what the Ironman HD setup looks like. This time with the display in the game. My phone had a hard time with the light though, so the screen looks really washed out. It's not crappy in person. Come check it out in the PROC booth at expo. It may not do a whole lot by then, but it'll do something.

#2548 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Another quick preview of what the Ironman HD setup looks like.

Looks good! My wallet is feeling lighter again.

#2549 7 years ago

want to get back in the club, anyone in Australia know of one available, please....

#2550 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Another quick preview of what the Ironman HD setup looks like. This time with the display in the game. My phone had a hard time with the light though, so the screen looks really washed out. It's not crappy in person. Come check it out in the PROC booth at expo. It may not do a whole lot by then, but it'll do something.
» YouTube video

Looks awesome!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.