(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,509 posts
  • 314 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by maffewl
  • Topic is favorited by 100 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 744 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2752 (resized).jpg
B6024FA0-545B-4A39-B92D-315B307BDE4E (resized).jpeg
41E42D32-1E27-4290-A09F-B8A29CC796C5.jpeg
4D3D5EAB-A0BC-4FC6-AC38-6575A3FB3147.jpeg
65ACE028-551D-425D-B9F5-945B147B16E5.jpeg
FF2A9D48-8CC7-43CF-A751-484B4001D24E.jpeg
thumbnail-1 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail-7 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail-6 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail-4 (resized).jpeg
2222 (resized).jpg
5555 (resized).jpg
1111 (resized).jpeg
4444 (resized).jpg
3333 (resized).jpg
6B4EDA35-0993-4F30-AF5F-D7BB6DF40329 (resized).jpeg

There are 3509 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 71.
#2451 2 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Quick questions for you fellow adrenaline junkies, as I await my upcoming NIB shipment from Stark Industries:
1. Does anyone have a digital copy of a decent color manual, one that isn't poorly scanned and missing reams of pages and schematics? (I'm looking at you, Stern website gatekeeper! ) If not, does the game come with a decent paper manual, or would you recommend buying one from Marcos or another aftermarket vendor?
2. On IMVE, is the playfield supported by simple support bolts/pegs, or proper support slide brackets? Pegs
3. On IMVE, what brand of LEDs (e.g., Comet, Cointaker) and type (e.g., non-ghosting, ghosting, 1 SMD, 2 SMD) were used by Stern? Cointaker
4. How well does the LED OCD mod work on IMVE? (I've had an awesome experience with this mod on my LOTR.) no need for it on IMve
5. For those who have Color DMDs, what setting do you use (e.g., dots, dotsXL, scan)?
6. Are there any hot, super-secret, killer mods that aren't already listed on Grinder's list of "required mods" about half-way through this thread? Check out my mods here http://lermods.com/t/ironman
7. Has anyone EVER reached DoDMB? NO! If so, is there any video evidence? (I'd love to watch it!)
Thanks in advance for your help.

#2453 2 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

4. How well does the LED OCD mod work on IMVE?

IM, including the VE, is an interesting case. It's the only game I know of that has an option for LED vs incandescent light show. If you choose LED, it dumbs down the insert lighting so that it plays nicer with LEDs. If you set it to incandescent, you still get the full light show, but it will cause massive flickering if you have LEDs installed.

In my opinion (obviously biased), IM set to incandescent with LED OCD is the best you can get. In fact, I would say that IM is probably the single best use for LED OCD that I have seen.

#2454 2 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

7. Has anyone EVER reached DoDMB? If so, is there any video evidence? (I'd love to watch it!)

I'm pretty sure akm has one. I'll look for it.

OK, here it is. It looks like there were a couple of easier settings, but it's still very impressive.

#2455 2 years ago

Edit: Doh, noticed after posting that I'm late with 100% of this. heh!

Quoted from Razorbak86:

4. How well does the LED OCD mod work on IMVE? (I've had an awesome experience with this mod on my LOTR.)

LED OCD works great in IM because there are some fade effects that looks spastic on LEDs. The version of the code that came out when the VE did has an option in the settings for if you're using LEDs to prevent the bad fades by just not using them. If you have an LED OCD board you can turn that back the non LED settings for the better lightshows.

Quoted from Razorbak86:

7. Has anyone EVER reached DoDMB? If so, is there any video evidence? (I'd love to watch it!)

It's been done. It's a huge letdown though. Really not satisfying at all. This video shows it at about 22:21 or so

#2456 2 years ago

Dupe. My bad.

#2457 2 years ago

Sadly, leaving the club. Was fun. Adios IM!

#2458 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You'll be back

#2459 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You sold it reasonably to someone who wanted it more than you. Nothing wrong with that.

#2460 2 years ago

Really enjoyed owning it! One helluva game!!

#2461 2 years ago

So what's coming in to fill the vacancy?

#2462 2 years ago

I finally got a 100M+ score on this game, 66M DoD shot helped. Of course my prior game was only 2M.

#2463 2 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

So what's coming in to fill the vacancy?

A Road Show, definitely, and possibly a TAXI.

#2464 2 years ago

Anybody else modded the Ironmonger in the VE edition. Took the paint brush to a toy I bought off ebay that I think they used in the original machine. The moulds not bad they used on the VE but the original toy has better detail.

Now he actually looks a bit more menacing when he pops up

ironman (resized).jpg

ironman2 (resized).jpg

#2465 2 years ago

Anybody know how the bonus works in Ironman?

#2466 2 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Anybody else modded the Ironmonger in the VE edition. Took the paint brush to a toy I bought off ebay that I think they used in the original machine. The moulds not bad they used on the VE but the original toy has better detail.

That looks great!

#2467 2 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Is it built as sturdily as the stock VE IronMonger? Can you post the ebay link too please?

#2468 2 years ago

Where are people getting the gold coin door coin shoots? The plastic parts. Are they just painting them or does someone sell them.
Thanks

#2469 2 years ago

The ironmonger was a hasbro toy off ebay. I bought mine ages ago but they are about £10. If you do a search on ebay - ironmonger figure and look for the model it has a blue centre light.

They do require a lot of modding - cutting, metal pin on the legs, centre hole drilling out and lots of hot glue I used a trimmed coil sleeve in the centre hole for the light bulb which is a perfect fit. If I was doing again I would test the fit first before painting as I had to do some more cutting to make it fit. Lesson learned

The gold coin door inserts I just painted with some gold plastic paint and you could then varnish them with matt. You can get them anodised for an even better job.

This might help

#2470 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I thought I read it is based on the number of switches activated during the ball, no?

#2471 2 years ago
Quoted from mattmarr:

I thought I read it is based on the number of switches activated during the ball, no?

I'd love to know for sure if that's all it is. And what the points are. I guess I'll do some experimenting to see if I can verify. I'm kinda working on a thing.

#2472 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'd love to know for sure if that's all it is. And what the points are. I guess I'll do some experimenting to see if I can verify. I'm kinda working on a thing.

Iron Man Continued?

#2473 2 years ago

Not really. Something in a different lane than that.

#2474 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Not really. Something in a different lane than that.

Ironman Remixed: The Different Lane Edition?

#2475 2 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Ironman Remixed: The Different Lane Edition?

More like this:

Except that was a first draft, and it's going to be different than that. A bit. Larger Display window for full 2.35 video of the movie parts.

#2476 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

More like this: » YouTube video
Except that was a first draft, and it's going to be different than that. A bit. Larger Display window for full 2.35 video of the movie parts.

Dude, that is f'ing AWESOME!!! Can't wait to see more.

PS - "Ironman Remixed" confirmed!

#2477 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I call dibs on the first sellable display!!

#2478 2 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I call dibs on the first sellable display!!

I can't distribute this one though. I mean, good lord the lawyers. Yikes. And it's not just a display, as usual, I have to rebuild the game, but the idea is to redo the game as exactly as I can. And maybe add a skill shot.

#2479 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I can't distribute this one though. I mean, good lord the lawyers. Yikes. And it's not just a display, as usual, I have to rebuild the game, but the idea is to redo the game as exactly as I can. And maybe add a skill shot.

No no of course, no distribution....

#2480 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Oh Hell Yea!

#2481 2 years ago

Sell this to Stern, save us all.

#2482 2 years ago

Joining the club tomorrow, but likely will just be temporary and I'll bring it to York for sale/trade. Looking forward to getting a ton of games on it for the next month and a half.

#2483 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Joining the club tomorrow, but likely will just be temporary and I'll bring it to York for sale/trade. Looking forward to getting a ton of games on it for the next month and a half.

Put it in the bar. Heard it does well.

#2484 2 years ago

Has anyone done a light up Arc reactor shooter rod mod?

#2485 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Holy sh*t that was awesome!

#2486 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Love it - good work. If one mysteriously shows up on eBay, I'd buy it.

#2487 2 years ago

Hello, Natasha.

IMG_2148.JPG

#2488 2 years ago

Welcome to the LOTR & IM owners club!

#2489 2 years ago
Quoted from mattmarr:

Thanks. They complement each other nicely!

#2490 2 years ago
Quoted from mattmarr:

Nice NIB!

I am a member of the Lord of the Iron Rings Man club also.

#2491 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Nice NIB!
I am a member of the Lord of the Iron Rings Man club also.

Ditto!

#2492 2 years ago

In a 2 pin collection, LOTR or TSPP and IM are great pins to have.

#2493 2 years ago

I'll have IM and GOT. Does that count?

#2494 2 years ago

I got the new pin set up this morning. Fortunately, there was no shipping damage, and everything is in working order. Nothing broken, no scratchs or dings on the cabinet, and no ghosting on the playfield. Yay!

I put it through the paces and reached Jericho shortly thereafter. The score is nothing to write home about, but it's always fun to put your initials up on a new pin.

Thank you, Stark Industries.

image.jpeg

#2495 2 years ago
Quoted from GreatBug:

I'll have IM and GOT. Does that count?

IM can be super intense, but I think GOT has it beat.

#2496 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Quoted from mattmarr:

After some experimenting, I can confirm this. It's hella simple, thank goodness.

Bonus is (base value per ball) + (switches * 670 points)

The base value starts at 125k and goes up by 125k per ball. So, 125,000 then 250,000, then 375,000 (assuming extra balls continue this).

So on ball one, if you hit 1 switch and drain you'd have 125,670 -- hit two switches, it's 126,340 etc.

Ball two would be 250,670 and 251,340 respectively.

I tested a bunch of different switches and they all score the same. The thing I don't know is if major game events add anything to the bonus, and that would be a lot more difficult to test, but not impossible. Like, if you complete monger to raise it, does that add anything to the bonus above the switch count thus far? It might.

#2497 2 years ago

Sorry, have to disagree there. Owned both and GOT has moved on. IM isn't going anywhere.

#2498 2 years ago

Ummmm.... No.

#2499 2 years ago

I may be selling a beautiful low play loaded with every mod imve to make room for a afm . If anyone is interested or knows anyone looking for one like this let me know . Thanks
Mods include but not limited to color dmd, red pinball refinery powdercoat , topper, custom metal apron with interactive lighting, shaker, hooked pop caps, all lighted figures from hooked , speaker lights and inserts, external subwoofer. 20160825_203915 (resized).jpg20160825_203318 (resized).jpg

#2500 2 years ago

Please explain something to me. If I complete Monger more than once (twice or three times I think - maybe during the multiball) on the same game ball number, the Monger completion light will blink. The blinking carries over to the next balls until the end of the game. This has happened several times and happened once on me for whiplash too. Is this qualifying for something? If I get all the completion lights to blink, what happens? What am I really doing to make them blink and carry over?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Sale Pending!
Corning, NY
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Solon, OH
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3509 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 71.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside