(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,016 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 101.
#201 9 years ago

I usually change lights with the game on and sometimes a fuse can go with minor contact of wires or switches and another thing that can happen is a wire breaks off contact which can screw up everything in the chain, if it's not a fuse or detached wire then you shorted out something on the board and will need to get technician out to fix it.

#202 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Thanks buds, I am such a noob. I got a guy coming over to help check the fuses. I'll check the coin door wires when I get home as well.

Sometimes LEDs make pins do strange things. The led by the shooter lane could be causing issues with the optos in the ball trough. Try pulling out some of the LEDs you put in.

#203 9 years ago

Guys the pinsider I bought my IM from, mark biz, helped me out and sure enough, I blew a fuse. F10 to be exact. I went out and got a new one and BAM! I am back in action!

#204 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

BAM! I am back in action!

It turned your Iron Man I to Lethal Weapon?

#205 9 years ago
Quoted from vintage4life:

Sometimes LEDs make pins do strange things. The led by the shooter lane could be causing issues with the optos in the ball trough. Try pulling out some of the LEDs you put in.

I put a red LED in the socket under the apron (by the shooter lane) and my trough opto quit working the game thru a code.. Pulled it out and put an orange one in and it worked fine.

#206 9 years ago

^^^^^^
Weird yeah I put a red one in mine too. I'd like to keep it in there. New fuse, so far so good.

A while ago I saw a picture of someone's IM that had some sort of led trim around the ramps. I was toying with the idea of using yellow on one ramp and red on the other. Does anyone remember this mod? Any recommendations on what to use? I know some/most might think its over the top or too ostentatious but I'd like to see how it looked anyway.

#207 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It turned your Iron Man I to Lethal Weapon?

Haha nice!

Martin Riggs: I don't make things complicated. That's the way they get, all by themselves.

1 week later
#208 9 years ago

So I've got a ton of Iron Man swag in my Iron Man toy/arcade room. I came across this:

image-342.jpgimage-342.jpg

And so I thought I could fill this dead space in the back. It's hardly seen if pressed all the way against the wall but what do y'all think? Cool? Not needed?

image-607.jpgimage-607.jpg image-620.jpgimage-620.jpg
#209 9 years ago

Your enthusiasm does this hobby proud. Totally unnecessary to put that on the back....so I say go for it!

#210 9 years ago

Haha doing the unnecessary is what I do best!!

image-973.jpgimage-973.jpg
#211 9 years ago

Seems crazy but out of all the games played, only 3 have been longer than 8 minutes. Brutal.

#212 9 years ago

Anyone ever put red ac/dc premium side rails and lockdown bar on Iron man? Does Stern sell the red powder coated rails and LD bar?

#213 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Anyone ever put red ac/dc premium side rails and lockdown bar on Iron Man? Does Stern sell the red powder coated rails and LD bar?

That particular red wouldn't look very good on IM in my opinion.

#214 9 years ago

My shaker is causing something to rattle pretty bad, I can't quite pinpoint where it's comming from. I assume its the translite or the playfield glass but when I put my hand on either it doesn't stop the rattling.

Ps. ive gotten to Jerico twice and both times I immiediatly choked and lost the ball
I did post my best score ever last night 42million (wimpy compared to Rob T's 200 million but still hard fought)
image-701.jpgimage-701.jpg

#215 9 years ago

I did post my best score ever last night 42million (wimpy compared to Rob T's 200 million but still hard fought)

I think you meant to say 251 million.

Keep at it.

Since I put up that score, my next best score has been about half of that one. Makes me wonder if I will ever be able to beat it.

#216 9 years ago

So I want to change my DMD to red. How hard is it to do? I need some kind of red filter right? What do those run?

#217 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

So I want to change my DMD to red. How hard is it to do? I need some kind of red filter right? What do those run?

$16.00 at Pinbits. Great bang for the buck.

#218 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

$16.00 at Pinbits. Great bang for the buck.

Thank you sir I'm headed there now. Easy to install?

#219 9 years ago

Ah shit. It's sold out!

#220 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Ah shit. It's sold out!

you could go to a sign shop and get some scrap red acrylic big enough and cut your own for free - just make sure it has the protective paper still on it.

It does make a difference

#221 9 years ago

Just put in the red filter for my DMD. Wow what a difference!!! Love it!! I'm gonna go do my SST that I have for sale next.

image-286.jpgimage-286.jpg image-315.jpgimage-315.jpg image-717.jpgimage-717.jpg
#222 9 years ago

Question... I have stock lighting in my IM any one have a video of the cointaker set up installed... Is it worth going to LED's in this game?

#223 9 years ago

Question... I have stock lighting in my IM any one have a video of the cointaker set up installed... Is it worth going to LED's in this game?

Yes, but I think that a subdued look is a lot better than the blinding look that a lot of the LED kits give out. When I got mine, it had a standard kit in it and I thought it looked like a bug zapper. After a lot of replacing for lower power LEDs, I think it looks great now.

#224 9 years ago

I see I am not the only one debating on getting the Cointaker IM led kit that is up for sale.

#225 9 years ago

Just installed my Whiplash Mod from Pinball Decals , how bright are these whips supposed to be ?
Not sure whats going on with this one but I can hardly see any flash of light at ?
Could someone post a short clip please .

#226 9 years ago

Guess what arrived Saturday and is about to get installed....

image-834.jpgimage-834.jpg
#227 9 years ago

Why can't we post videos as easily as we can post images?

#228 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Yes, but I think that a subdued look is a lot better than the blinding look that a lot of the LED kits give out. When I got mine, it had a standard kit in it and I thought it looked like a bug zapper. After a lot of replacing for lower power LEDs, I think it looks great now.

I agree completely.

I have NoFlix Plus LEDs in my IM for this very reason. Very little strobing, and not at all blinding under the inserts. I do have my GI cranked up pretty bright though.

If I had it to do over again, I'd probably just use cheaper LEDs and use the OCD board.

To answer Concrete's question: I think IM looks a ton better with LEDs.

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from ant68:

Just installed my Whiplash Mod from Pinball Decals , how bright are these whips supposed to be ?
Not sure whats going on with this one but I can hardly see any flash of light at ?
Could someone post a short clip please .

Is this the same as Hooked's? If not, anyone seen both and have an opinion which is better.

#230 9 years ago

image-202.jpgimage-202.jpg

Finally put up a 100M score.

#231 9 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Finally put up a 100M score.

image-202.jpg 154 KB

Holy shit, I'll never get a score that high!! Hey is your DMD colored? Looks like its yellow lettering outlined in red in the picture.

#232 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Is this the same as Hooked's? If not, anyone seen both and have an opinion which is better.

Pinball life sells Hooked's modded figures I believe.

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Holy shit, I'll never get a score that high!! Hey is your DMD colored? Looks like its yellow lettering outlined in red in the picture.

Yeah, it's a color DMD. Honestly, I don't know if I'd recommend it for this title just yet, but I didn't want to spare any expense with this IM. Almost done with all of my mods. Service rails and mirror blades next weekend and I'll be just about done. Can't help but put a few games in during the upgrade process though.

#234 9 years ago

Well, my IM is out of commission for awhile, since I am taking parts in for powder coating, including the coin door.

It's going to suck not being able to play for awhile, but I know it will be worth it..

#235 9 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Yeah, it's a color DMD. Honestly, I don't know if I'd recommend it for this title just yet, but I didn't want to spare any expense with this IM. Almost done with all of my mods. Service rails and mirror blades next weekend and I'll be just about done. Can't help but put a few games in during the upgrade process though.

What did the color DMD run you? Any way you could post some more images or video of the DMD during game play? I don't plan on sparing any expense with mine as well. Powder coating is on my list as well.

#236 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Guess what arrived Saturday and is about to get installed....

image-834.jpg 100 KB

Don't install those yet if you havn't powder coat your armor. Send the service rails out along with your trim parts and have them all powder-coated at the same time. You can thank me later.

#237 9 years ago

Ok. Thanks for the great advice!

Question for anyone:

Why would I want to disable the two orbit posts? It's an option under the settings menu. Is it purely to speed the game up even more?

#238 9 years ago

I would just disable the outer post. The other one, in my opinion, actually helps maintain ball control (monger start, Jerico start, etc)

#239 9 years ago

Well, my motor came today for Iron Monger and he's a working

I have never really had a chance to sit down with this game, but did tonight. After about 10 or so games, I got to Jericho, nailed every shot and the center lit for 50 million- I instantly nailed it! but it came back quick and did a SDTM..but I got the points! final score was 189 million

#240 9 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Well, my motor came today for Iron Monger and he's a working
I have never really had a chance to sit down with this game, but did tonight. After about 10 or so games, I got to Jericho, nailed every shot and the center lit for 50 million- I instantly nailed it! but it came back quick and did a SDTM..but I got the points! final score was 189 million

Good job. Finishing Jericho on factory is very difficult.

#241 9 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I would just disable the outer post. The other one, in my opinion, actually helps maintain ball control (monger start, Jerico start, etc)

I actually disabled the inner post.. If you start double scroing before Do or Die or Jericho the timer will continue to count down as you wait for the post to release the ball. Ive had 2x scoring time out a couple times while waiting for the ball. Lyman needs to fix this so it atleast pauses the timer while the post is up.

#242 9 years ago

So now I want to buy a pinnovator headphone kit. But they have three no scratch that four! damn versions. Here is what my coin door looks like:

image-210.jpgimage-210.jpg

Anyone have any idea which version to buy? I'm ready to hit the purchase button tonight.

#243 9 years ago

Hey grinder who sells the IM shooter rods?

#244 9 years ago

I'm gonna PM you Concrete.

#245 9 years ago

I put a pinnovators kit in mine. I bought the one with the up down push button volumes on the outside, I'm pleased.

#246 9 years ago

I put a pinnovators kit in mine. I bought the one with the up down push button volumes on the outside, I'm pleased.

Do all Iron Man coin doors look like mine?

Which version did you choose bud? There are like four options. I'd love the one with easy volume control.

#247 9 years ago

im not sure which one i chose, but my coin door is like yours. l think i bought the premo one,

#248 9 years ago

im not sure which one i chose, but my coin door is like yours. l think i bought the premo one,

Did you pay $99 or $120?

#249 9 years ago

i believe it is pinpac2mac. l highly recommend it, for the external volume alone.

#250 9 years ago

l paid $120, real easy to install too...l put mine at the bottom of the door.

Note: just checked my texts cause im friends with the guy who runs pinnovators. lt is the pinpac2mac.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.