(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_2 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_1 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_3 (resized).jpg

There are 5,008 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 101.
#2351 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

What ever happened to that extra IM play field you had?

I have one with excellent registration if anyone is interested.

#2352 7 years ago

Grinder - You get the art yet?

#2353 7 years ago

No sir, still waiting. It's coming from overseas. I'll def post pics when it comes

#2354 7 years ago

My new topper.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2355 7 years ago

I purchased the War Machine Iron Man 2 action figure to put weapons on his shoulders. It's a shame Stern didn't have these weapons already molded on it for the VE.

IMG_1965_(resized).jpgIMG_1965_(resized).jpg

#2356 7 years ago

We sell the modded War Machine....if you or anyone else's wants to send me the figure, I'll mod him for you for $50 shipped. It runs off two circuits, chest is tied to GI, guns tied to war machine insert by the kicker. We've also got the drone, iron man and lighted whiplash figures. Here too, if you send me figures, it will be cheaper. $22.50 for any of those figures you send me.

http://lermods.com/products/war-machine-premium-with-gun-and-cannon

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I purchased the War Machine Iron Man 2 action figure to put weapons on his shoulders. It's a shame Stern didn't have these weapons already molded on it for the VE.

#2357 7 years ago

*** New "Modified" Iron Man Mod Alert ***

I love this new mod! Long story as short as I can ... to give everyone credit ... I had contacted MezelMods to inquire about their (via Lermods) trough LED light to see if I could connect that to flashers and could I have multiple colors. MezelMods got me in contact with Lermods (a real nice guy) and he said that they were not for flashers as they were just for GI and 5 volts, but he could make me some up that could be used as 12 volt flashers. I got a Lermods purple tough flasher to match my Monger under field and behind back flashers (from Pinball Refinery), and I got a Lermods green trough flasher to match my Whiplash flashers (bright green also from Pinball Refinery). This might sound like ... ok it does sound like an exaggeration, but it changes the game a bit for me. Without looking up, I get notified by those trough flashers which target gets one more hit for a multi-ball, plus other signals too. When the Monger flasher lights up, the GI goes dim, so this trough flasher shows up pretty cool. I did not go with a trough flasher for War Machine as I would of had to reduce the size of the LED strips to fit it in. I did not want to diminish the effect, and the War Machine flasher is so quick compared to how the others function. Check out my video, let Lermods and me know what you think. If you want one or two, when you order them from MezelMods, make sure that you specify that you want the special edition flasher version of the trough LED, otherwise you will just get the GI version. Maybe they will add it as an option on the site if this becomes more popular. I really love it.

More custom Mods to come that I am working on ... this is fun stuff!

#2358 7 years ago

This is great work KingBW! We can easily supply this mod to anyone who wants it. The install is as simple as installing a trough light just a few minutes with some great light effects. King has a custom monger flasher in his game so in a stock game, it can be tied to the war machine and /or whiplash flashers in blue, red, yellow, white orange or green. It can also be used for most other games. We can also do an rgb trough light tied to any three flashers.

I did sometthing similar for the backboard with a blue strip tied to the flasher in the pops.

http://lermods.com/products/ironman-backboard-flasher-kit

And thanks for kind words KingBW.

#2359 7 years ago

These are the under-playfield flashers that I attached the purple trough flasher to on my IMVE. Lermods did not have these on his IMVE. The Pinball Refinery LED mod behind the back of Monger also attaches to these under-playfield flashers, so some of you have to have them.

MangerFlashers_(resized).jpgMangerFlashers_(resized).jpg

#2360 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

These are the under-playfield flashers that I attached the purple trough flasher to on my IMVE. Lermods did not have these on his IMVE. The Pinball Refinery LED mod behind the back of Monger also attaches to these under-playfield flashers, so some of you have to have them.

These flashers were on my IMVE. I got one when they were just released so maybe they were changed out at some point?

#2361 7 years ago

Well I got a present today from overseas. The box was a little beat up but the canvas art was well wrapped and undamaged.

I unwrapped them all and the first thing I thought was the image seem I don't know maybe distorted is the right word? Maybe compressed is better.

I think it looks cool for sure but maybe the larger one would look even better. I just don't have the wall space for much more.

All in all I like it. Anyone else order some?

Website image:

My images:

#2362 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I think it looks cool for sure but maybe the larger one would look even better

Would a white LED light shine through the canvas from the other side? Or is it opaque enough to not shine any light through it?

#2363 7 years ago

I'll do my best to test it but my initial gut says it's prob too thick and dark to be helped much by an led. Maybe a whole slew of them would though

#2364 7 years ago

The promo picture is definitely using a soft edged ellipsoidal or other professional lighting device ( and probably shot in a studio of sorts)....I don't think trying to shine through the canvas will help, but believe some kind of pure white instrument w focusing lens will bring that pic to life.

How you get it positioned correctly without impeding the rest of your theme is going to be the trick......still looks cool though...

#2365 7 years ago

I'm joining the club Wednesday! I'm freaking stoked!

#2366 7 years ago

Tilt does for....$6,500

#2367 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I don't think trying to shine through the canvas will help, but believe some kind of pure white instrument w focusing lens will bring that pic to life.

I was thinking of putting some LEDs behind the arc reactor in one of the other paintings and connect it to the arc reactor center flasher in the game. (Game room remodeling plans) Probably a couple of overhead spot lights on the front side of the painting.

#2368 7 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I'm joining the club Wednesday! I'm freaking stoked!

Congrats! Looks like IM will blend in well for you looking at your collection.

#2369 7 years ago

First time ever - got the DoD hurry up and Jericho at the same time on ball 2. Satisfaction
just isn't the right word - LOVE THIS PIN

#2370 7 years ago

Congrats! Looks like IM will blend in well for you looking at your collection.

I'm trading out Spidey, but I dig the tough and nasty games.

#2371 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

So how many owners in this thread owned, sold, then bought back IM?

Had the original, sold it and bought 2 VE's. One to play and one that I keep boxed just in case the first one dies for whatever reason.

Best pin ever!

#2372 7 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I'm trading out Spidey, but I dig the tough and nasty games.

I want Spidey! Funny I am finding a need a break from nasty games, so LOTR and TF were added. Spidey would be welcome also. IM or Acdc will not be leaving though.

#2373 7 years ago

I want Spidey! Funny I am finding a need a break from nasty games, so LOTR and TF were added. Spidey would be welcome also. IM or Acdc will not be leaving though.

Spidey is a must have with the other brutal games in lineups nowadays....I always go back to mine and TAF when I just need a calm, good game....not leaving my lineup....

#2374 7 years ago

This little guy starts kindergarten tomorrow but right now he is focused on his "Iron Man" day. He "has" to beat iron monger before we eat. A monster is born...

IMG_20160727_165740996_(resized).jpgIMG_20160727_165740996_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160727_161742934_(resized).jpgIMG_20160727_161742934_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160727_165722947_(resized).jpgIMG_20160727_165722947_(resized).jpg

#2375 7 years ago

Reached a new milestone today. God I love this game. To celebrate I broke down and ordered an LED OCD, can't wait to install. Still have yet to nail DOD and Jericho in the same game. Someday!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2376 7 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

This little guy starts kindergarten tomorrow but right now he is focused on his "Iron Man" day. He "has" to beat iron monger before we eat. A monster is born...

And he appears determined!!!....no food before Monger beatdown......makes sense to me.....

#2377 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And he appears determined!!!....no food before Monger beatdown......makes sense to me.....

He achieved it.. to his satisfaction. He had to play again after dinner. I'm so glad he likes it. Daddy is getting his A$$ handed to him though.

#2378 7 years ago

That's awesome Hougie! Machine looks great!

#2379 7 years ago

Help!! I broke my whiplash plastic  I was installing the whiplash mod and the previous owner glued them in. Tried to be careful but..oops
Im sure I can make one however I would want the whiplash sticker..hmmm
Any suggestions? Does anyone have one they can sell me?
Thanks
20160728_081747_(resized).jpg20160728_081747_(resized).jpg

#2380 7 years ago

Has anybody done a guide on DIY Whiplash whips? I think I would like to tackle that one on my own.

Edit: I googled it and found something close enough.

#2381 7 years ago

I got to Do or Die just now and freaking choked. I was in awe and just sucked massively. You guys can call me Cho King if you wish. The king who is almost there and blows it...

By the way, I "get" this game. It f-ing rocks.

IMG_20160729_230750616_(resized).jpgIMG_20160729_230750616_(resized).jpg

#2382 7 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I got to Do or Die just now and freaking choked. I was in awe and just sucked massively. You guy can call me Cho King if you wish. The king who is almost there and blows it...
By the way, I "get" this game. It f-ing rocks.

One more game! Glad you like it.

Yeah I kind of judge whether or not someone has good pinball taste by whether or not they like IM.

#2383 7 years ago

One more game! Glad you like it.
Yeah I kind of judge whether or not someone has good pinball taste by whether or not they like IM.

Only two kinds of people don't like IM. Those who haven't played it enough, and those who are just plain terrible at pinball.

#2384 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Only two kinds of people don't like IM. Those who haven't played it enough, and those who are just plain terrible at pinball.

I give people a break though if they are so so players and want to get better at pinball. The first month or so after I bought IM NIB I had pinball anxiety from how hard the game was. I kept at it and it made me a lot better player and I destroy other pins I barley played sometimes. I owe it to IM.

I always think it is funny when people say IM is not deep enough of a game for them, so they don't like it. I am like - ok you got 12 minutes then go complete Jericho and get back to me. They never do.

Astro - I do really like the LOTR I just got though. Yes LOTR is deep enough for me.

#2385 7 years ago

I always think it is funny when people say IM is not deep enough of a game for them, so they don't like it.

I own a WOZ and have a Hobbit on order. I love the deep code rules on those. Those kind of games need a polar opposite for skill balance in a collection - a different kind of skill. IM is one of those games that give deep code pin collections some general pinball balance. IM has "some" code depth with Jericho and Do or Die, but I consider those more of "advanced modes" that are usually pretty darn short and keeps you coming back - the little reward treats for skilled players. If those modes were easy, it wouldn't make us push that start button game after game.

it made me a lot better player and I destroy other pins I barley played sometimes. I owe it to IM.

That has happened with my wife & I also. After "breaking in" our IM for about 6 weeks, we went to a local Arcade yesterday. I put my initials for high scores on 3 pins and my wife put hers on 1 pin. One of those pins for both of us was AC/DC prem - definitely on our wish list. Our skills are improving and having IM in our collection has helped.

#2386 7 years ago

Finally found a design for mirror blades that I really liked. Got them installed this morning.

IMG_0942_(resized).JPGIMG_0942_(resized).JPG

IMG_0941_(resized).JPGIMG_0941_(resized).JPG

IMG_0940_(resized).JPGIMG_0940_(resized).JPG

#2387 7 years ago

With a little coaching from me I just watched my dad hit the do or die shot with double scoring running. That was the best game of pinball I

ever watched. Ironman really is a special game.

#2388 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

With a little coaching from me I just watched my dad hit the do or die shot with double scoring running. That was the best game of pinball I
ever watched. Ironman really is a special game.

Can you coach me also?

#2389 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Finally found a design for mirror blades that I really liked. Got them installed this morning.

Wow those look great.

#2390 7 years ago

Mine are basically Tron blades but in red. Looks good too but pingraffix releases Iron Man blades couples months after I purchased. I still Happy.

IMGP0616_(resized).JPGIMGP0616_(resized).JPG
IMGP0623_(resized).JPGIMGP0623_(resized).JPG
IMGP0621_(resized).JPGIMGP0621_(resized).JPG

#2391 7 years ago

Hey All,
On your War Machine and Whiplash chest LEDs are they drilled out to accept a typical led bulb intact? I'm thinking about taking the drill to mine. Are most tied into GI or the flashers?
Muchos grassy ass.

#2392 7 years ago

Special thanks to Lermods, I got my tournament button functioning. He told me how to do it and sent me a diode that I didn't know I needed to order with the tournament button. For about $7 plus shipping you can setup your Iron Man for a tournament play option. You need the tournament button, and the 1n4004 diode and then it takes about 5 minutes to hook up. Iron Man is pre-wired for the tournament button but it appears to be "undocumented". Once it is connected, you need to activate it, set a time, set a winner cash prize, a cash prize increment per game and you are all set. I set the initial prize for $0 and $0.01 increments for each tournament game played. I did that so I know how many games have been played. I set up a 7 day tournament for my family as a test. It is pre-setup for no extra balls, 3 balls per game, and probably a few other undocumented things. I like it. It tracks the high tournament score with the pin high scores. This will be good for if we have a party or guests over. They can choose a "regular" game via the start button, or a try for the short term tournament via the tournament button. Not a bad mod/addition for about $7 plus shipping. It would be cool if you could charge 25 cents a game for tournament play and the regular games at free play so that it could fund itself for real cash winning options for home tournament parties/play.

20160801_204725_resized_(resized).jpg20160801_204725_resized_(resized).jpg
20160801_205031_resized_(resized).jpg20160801_205031_resized_(resized).jpg
20160801_204928_resized_(resized).jpg20160801_204928_resized_(resized).jpg
20160801_204825_resized_(resized).jpg20160801_204825_resized_(resized).jpg

#2393 7 years ago

People should go and rate Imve...it needs 9 more ratings....what a georgous and great playing pin...

#2394 7 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Hey All,
On your War Machine and Whiplash chest LEDs are they drilled out to accept a typical led bulb intact? I'm thinking about taking the drill to mine. Are most tied into GI or the flashers?
Muchos grassy ass.

Do one of you guys have LEDs installed in Whiplash or WarMachine? What was used?

#2395 7 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Do one of you guys have LEDs installed in Whiplash or WarMachine? What was used?

Mine were bought already modded - just connect the alligator clips to GI and play.

#2396 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Special thanks to Lermods, I got my tournament button functioning.

That's pretty awesome. I prefer to use a volume button in that spot though. It's SO NICE! Especially since having a baby...

#2397 7 years ago
Quoted from daddyxxx:

People should go and rate Imve...it needs 9 more ratings....what a georgous and great playing pin...

Done

#2398 7 years ago

Jus need 2 more ratings and imve is on the map....

#2399 7 years ago
Quoted from daddyxxx:

Jus need 2 more ratings and imve is on the map....

Mine's in there already.....and it's the third highest pin I've ever rated.

#2400 7 years ago

Need One more rating for Imve....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 5,008 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.