(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,018 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 101.
#2251 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

They wouldn't....for sure. Even the ultimate wizard mode is essentially unachievable on this one. But for heart pounding game play nothing tops it.

Pure truth here.....I am now to my " curse profusely , turn it off, and scowl at it" phase....leaving it dark while my others are on, just to teach it a lesson ( think it's schooling me, actually)..

#2252 7 years ago

Today I came home to this. Father's Day present from my wife and kids. very happy to be part of the club!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2253 7 years ago

does anyone know where the forum link is for Met Vs IM?

#2254 7 years ago

Finally grand championed my IMVE. The rush this pin provides is like no other. Time to try and beat Jericho now for some 200 million plus scores .

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#2255 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Finally grand championed my IMVE. The rush this pin provides is like no other. Time to try and beat Jericho now for some 200 million plus scores .

Hate to burst your bubble but I've beat Jericho a number of times and I've yet to see a 200 million score. (My best was 180 something).

#2256 7 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Today I came home to this. Father's Day present from my wife and kids. very happy to be part of the club!

Welcome to the club!!! That is such a nice sight to see. I just love the thrill of a brand new game.

#2257 7 years ago

STERN seriously needs a better stamp for there boxes....and a person without parkison for writing #serial....just my thoughts.

#2258 7 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

What a wonderful gift! Congrats!

#2259 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Production numbers are still pretty low on this one with only two very small runs of VE's.

Any guesses on the size of the VE runs? I remember hearing the first run was around 500 or so, I heard no rumors on the size of run two.

#2260 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Even the ultimate wizard mode is essentially unachievable on this one.

I've been holding out hope for a minor Code update. Give a real skill shot, reduce the number of drones needed for DoDMB to half of current requirement (at least a setting to do that if you want), maybe something with extra ball, maybe a minor polish here or there.

#2261 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Any guesses on the size of the VE runs? I remember hearing the first run was around 500 or so, I heard no rumors on the size of run two.

On TNT's website, in the Iron Man VE description he wrote that it was a run of 200.

I don't know how official that is, just passing along the info.

#2262 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

website, in the Iron Man VE description he wrote that it was a run of 200.
I don't know how official that is, just passing along the info.

Ah, that would make sense. I figured the second run was smaller than the first. I see some second run VE are still available with distros, so demand for IM may finally have been met (for the time being anyway).

#2263 7 years ago

Who still has IM NIB?

#2264 7 years ago

Ok so I ordered the shooter lane and ball eject protectors. Also got the full plastic protector set from pinbits. Any other damage protection that I need to order? Other mods will come later, mostly concerned with making sure stuff doesn't break or gets damaged.

Ordered a ColorDMD because I love it on my Theatre and TSPP.

#2265 7 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Ok so I ordered the shooter lane and ball eject protectors. Also got the full plastic protector set from pinbits. Any other damage protection that I need to order? Other mods will come later, mostly concerned with making sure stuff doesn't break or gets damaged.
Ordered a ColorDMD because I love it on my Theatre and TSPP.

May want to order a cup for yourself. IM has been known to kick players down there during gameplay.

#2266 7 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Best Father's Day present ever!!! Your family is a keeper!!!! Enjoy your brutal game.....mark

#2267 7 years ago

Automated & Cointaker has some left (according to their websites)...as to how many, I have no idea.

I love having this game in my collection. All my friends who play it, love to hate it. They hate how it kicks their ass, but they love coming back for more. I'm the same way with it too.

The one thing I can't stress enough, is putting the traditional service rails on the game. I had to adjust a flipper the other day and it made life so much easier.

#2268 7 years ago

I'm calling out Grinder on this one. You need one of these Iron Man paintings for above your couch and a different one for above your bed. A true Iron Man fan would have at least one of these pieces of art. Maybe one near your pin. See how that flies with your wife. It's a lot less expensive than the $2k+ life size Iron Man figures ...
http://www.geekpaintings.com/collections/comics/iron-man

#2269 7 years ago

Dude. That is awesome. I want to order the one on the top right! "Iron Man Mask"

#2270 7 years ago

I might get the "Iron Sights" when I finish my game room remodel ... to put near my pin.

#2271 7 years ago

Challenge accepted!! No clue where I'll put it but I want one. I'm leaning towards:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2272 7 years ago

They have a small and large size in that one ...

#2273 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

They have a small and large size in that one ...

So they come framed and ready to hang. Nice. When I get home, I'll need to do some measuring. I'm def getting one.

#2274 7 years ago

I'm wondering on how thin they are. If they are thin enough for light to pass through from the back, I might get the Iron Sights one and connect a light from a pin flasher to a light behind his chest on the wall. Now come on ... wouldn't THAT be cool! Or ... maybe do that to those wall art night light hand thing that you (Grinder) already have - modify it. I could pre-wire that before I put up the drywall. Now we're talking.

#2275 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I'm wondering on how thin they are. If they are thin enough for light to pass through from the back, I might get the Iron Sights one and connect a light from a pin flasher to a light behind his chest on the wall. Now come on ... wouldn't THAT be cool! Or ... maybe do that to those wall art night light hand thing that you (Grinder) already have - modify it. I could pre-wire that before I put up the drywall. Now we're talking.

Now you're talking like a true mod addict! I love it

#2276 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Now you're talking like a true mod addict! I love it

Just wait, I have a mod of a mod on the way maybe this weekend, and a different new mod concept coming in a couple of weeks that I got good feedback from for the idea ... if I can make it work. I will post those mods here. Nothing too spectacular or expensive, but something different. Stay tuned ...

#2277 7 years ago

Ordered my Iron Man Geek Painting! Free shipping too. Thanks man

#2278 7 years ago

Automated does, Cointaker doesn't

#2279 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Did you get it with the frame? Photo please after it goes up.

#2280 7 years ago

I think they all are framed or on canvas. Yes Grinder, give us some pics once you received them. I would order them right now but Canada Post should be on strike tomorrow....

#2281 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

No problem. Cool! When you get it, let me know if light can shine through from the back so that I can make my decision. What's funny is this guy might get a increase in orders all of a sudden and not know the REAL reason why.

#2282 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Did you get it with the frame? Photo please after it goes up.

Yes I think they are all framed like Matt said. I don't have a huge game room. So I'm limited on wall space so I didn't opt for the larger set but regardless, I think even the regular size is going to look very cool. Of course I'll post pictures when I put it up.

Quoted from KingBW:

No problem. Cool! When you get it, let me know if light can shine through from the back so that I can make my decision. What's funny is this guy might get a increase in orders all of a sudden and not know the REAL reason why.

Ok I sure will. I'm excited to see it in person. Thanks again for the lead.

#2283 7 years ago

I just got Jericho twice on the same live continuous active ball. One of those times I looked up and saw a $3,000,000 award when it stopped all the fanfare. What qualifies that do or die thing you guys have mentioned? I thought it was somehow after Jericho.

#2284 7 years ago

F'ing Iron Man, you F'ing suck you F'ing F'er. Show me all the lights and F'ing drain. Arrrrrghhhhh. F!

#2285 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I just got Jericho twice on the same live continuous active ball. One of those times I looked up and saw a $3,000,000 award when it stopped all the fanfare. What qualifies that do or die thing you guys have mentioned? I thought it was somehow after Jericho.

Do or die is qualified for if you complete all marks in one ball. Then a 35 million counter starts, you panic and then drain cursing loudly like Dave just did

#2286 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I just got Jericho twice on the same live continuous active ball. One of those times I looked up and saw a $3,000,000 award

IM is paying out in cash awards of 3 million dollars now?! Sweet!

Quoted from Grinder901:

Do or die is qualified for if you complete all marks in one ball.

No, Marks have nothing to do with Do or Die. You have to start all 5 modes on the same ball to light Do or Die. The Marks are for Jericho.

#2287 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

IM is paying out in cash awards of 3 million dollars now?! Sweet!

No, Marks have nothing to do with Do or Die. You have to start all 5 modes on the same ball to light Do or Die. The Marks are for Jericho.

Oh I see. I guess I correlate the Marks with the modes. Starting them not completing them is the difference. Start Bogey, boom there's a Mark. Start Whiplash, boom theres another Mark. Spell Iron Man, another Mark. Obtain enough and Do or Die is ready, the large White Arc begins to go apeshit, right?

#2288 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

you panic and then drain cursing loudly like Dave just did

There is no other game that gives so much satisfaction or so much anger so quickly. Iron Man just pisses me off when I'm one shot away from collecting Do or Die (hurryup) running into Jericho, and a flail at the middle shot bounces down the drain. Add double scoring running, and it's just... Grrrrrr

#2289 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

F'ing Iron Man, you F'ing suck you F'ing F'er. Show me all the lights and F'ing drain. Arrrrrghhhhh. F!

What a CS'er!!!

#2290 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Oh I see. I guess I correlate the Marks with the modes. Starting them not completing them is the difference. Start Bogey, boom there's a Mark. Start Whiplash, boom theres another Mark. Spell Iron Man, another Mark. Obtain enough and Do or Die is ready, the large White Arc begins to go apeshit, right?

The marks are up the middle and qualify Jericho at the center shot. The 5 at the top of those (IM, WM, IM, WL, D) qualify the center shot for the Do Or Die hurryup as long as it is (a) all on one ball, or (b) you earn a super in it, in which case it flashes and remains flashing ball to ball.

Getting all the marks and all 5 at the top of the arrow lets you play the DoD hurryup, and the collect shot of that starts Jericho. Doing that with double scoring (collecting Iron Man the second time) doubles the DoD hurryup collect (huge points) and that doubling will continue into the start of Jeicho.

And finally DoD Multiball. You have to kill a unicorn and smear its blood on the flipper buttons (you will never do it, so don't worry about it).

#2291 7 years ago

I just added a beautiful IMVE to my collection this week! It's such a fun machine and I love the simple rules and fast gameplay. I had to put it next to TSPP since the machines play so differently.

setup_(resized).JPGsetup_(resized).JPG

#2292 7 years ago

Is there a good tutorial on how to make EL wire whips?

#2293 7 years ago

What a game! Just got this machine on Monday and I'm loving it. I grand mastered it tonight with 105million and it was the most satisfying of any game I've ever put intials up on.

#2294 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Is the prices in US or CA $ ? thanks

#2296 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Do or die is qualified for if you complete all marks in one ball. Then a 35 million counter starts, you panic and then drain cursing loudly like Dave just did

Happened to me last night. Just when you think you have the game mastered, it'll remind who the bitch is.

#2297 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Happened to me last night. Just when you think you have the game mastered, it'll remind who the bitch is.

QFT!

The best is when you have a GREAT ball 1, think you have that grand champion score easily made...then it smacks you upside the head with the fastest drains you ever did see the rest of the game. Like it's saying, "Ha ha ha...you think you're good? Well, you're WRONG."

I LOVE THIS GAME!

#2298 7 years ago

After 6 months I finally managed to beat Jericho today. Ball one was awful, ball 2 did all the work. What an adrenaline rush, no other game I have or played gives me that adrenaline. Put up a score over 131 Million. Im not going to talk about ball 3 or the next game I played, but the mocking that Iron Man and War Machine do on the trans when I walk away from the game (I know it happens), is finally over, at least for a little while.

#2299 7 years ago

Speaking of taunts, "Well...that went well" never fails to simultaneously infuriate and somehow make me laugh.

#2300 7 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Speaking of taunts, "Well...that went well" never fails to simultaneously infuriate and somehow make me laugh.

"Your services are no longer required"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 24.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/46?hl=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.