(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,021 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,021 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 101.
#2001 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

here's my ridiculous custom apron flasher setup. all DIY and a LOT of soldering.
green for whiplash, ice blue for war machine, red for ramps, purple for mongers.
complete first timer coworker playing ... I don't know if he even hit WAr machine... I'll take another vid if this one sucks.
» YouTube video
game is an experience...

Very cool man!

#2002 8 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

pinny... here you go buddy.

im1_IMG_0916_(resized).JPGim2_IMG_0915_(resized).JPG

The gold coin mechs and returns are pretty cool. My friend RandomKG doesn't even have those!

#2003 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

The gold coin mechs and returns are pretty cool. My friend RandomKG doesn't even have those!

I asked Steve about five times for them when ordering my machine he didn't have them. you know I will not let this transgression slide...

#2004 8 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

pinny... here you go buddy.

im1_IMG_0916_(resized).JPGim2_IMG_0915_(resized).JPG

Get rid of those plastic protectors and get the metal ones.

#2005 8 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Get rid of those plastic protectors and get the metal ones.

metal? don't know that I have seen those... got a link? (just what I need, to spend more money on this machine!) I did put green flashers under whiplash last night, and the purple ones under the iron monger... oh man, this machine gives me a woody every time I play it now!!! LOL

#2006 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I asked Steve about five times for them when ordering my machine he didn't have them. you know I will not let this transgression slide...

So it looks like you have more work to do.

#2007 8 years ago

I'm brand new to the club...VE owner.

Has anyone installed the service rails? If so, do I need to do any drilling or are the holes already in place?

Thanks!

#2008 8 years ago

Drilling is required. Be careful.

#2009 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Is it already marked where I need to drill?

#2010 8 years ago

No, just find you an open spot to mount them in the middle of the playfield

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#2011 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

No, just find you an open spot to mount them in the middle of the playfield

image_(resized).png

Thank you!

#2012 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

You don't technically have to drill, the kit comes with self tapping screws, at least mine did. No drilling necessary.

#2013 8 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

metal? don't know that I have seen those... got a link? (just what I need, to spend more money on this machine!) I did put green flashers under whiplash last night, and the purple ones under the iron monger... oh man, this machine gives me a woody every time I play it now!!! LOL

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2711

You can still use the black pincab protectors but I would recommend getting longer bolts.

The VE's came with plastic versions of the protectors I linked to above. I replaced mine with metal.

Make sure those pincabs are not touching the cabinet or the decals will shift.

#2014 8 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

You don't technically have to drill, the kit comes with self tapping screws, at least mine did. No drilling necessary.

Which kit did you buy?

I bought the one from Marco.

#2015 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Which kit did you buy?
I bought the one from Marco.

I bought mine from Pinball Life.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1956

#2016 8 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

Here you go...

#2017 8 years ago

I don't know how self tapping screws would work on the lower brackets. The upper ones sure. Here's some pics of mine:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2018 8 years ago

either way if you have to drill you simply make tiny pilot holes then slowly carefully methodically take your time with wood screws. I've done it multiple times. take your time and you're fine. super small/shallow pilot holes...

#2019 8 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

You can still use the black pincab protectors but I would recommend getting longer bolts.
The VE's came with plastic versions of the protectors I linked to above. I replaced mine with metal.
Make sure those pincabs are not touching the cabinet or the decals will shift.

thanks for the links guys, but my VE came with the plastic ones already attached. and they are still there. do I still need the metal ones? I guess im a little confused. I read not to put the pinbits plastic ones direct on the cabinet decals, but thought I was ok with the smaller plastic ones underneath... am I right? or do I still need these metal ones instead?

thanks for the direction.

#2020 8 years ago

Finally got my armour back from the painters.
Used a spectrograph to match my PR coindoor (thanks again Steve)
Came up fantastic.
2016-02-05_10.17.34_(resized).jpg2016-02-05_10.17.34_(resized).jpg
2016-02-05_17.00.54_(resized).jpg2016-02-05_17.00.54_(resized).jpg
2016-02-06_11.09.01_(resized).jpg2016-02-06_11.09.01_(resized).jpg
Oh and of course new shoes.
2016-02-06_11.08.24_(resized).jpg2016-02-06_11.08.24_(resized).jpg

#2021 8 years ago

looking very VERY nice Joker!!

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm brand new to the club...VE owner.
Has anyone installed the service rails? If so, do I need to do any drilling or are the holes already in place?
Thanks!

welcome to the club trekkie!!!

#2022 8 years ago

I'm glad to be in it.

#2023 8 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Finally got my armour back from the painters.
Used a spectrograph to match my PR coindoor (thanks again Steve)
Came up fantastic.
2016-02-05_10.17.34_(resized).jpg
2016-02-05_17.00.54_(resized).jpg
2016-02-06_11.09.01_(resized).jpg
Oh and of course new shoes.
2016-02-06_11.08.24_(resized).jpg

Nice topper...machine looks great!!!

#2024 8 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

thanks for the links guys, but my VE came with the plastic ones already attached. and they are still there. do I still need the metal ones? I guess im a little confused. I read not to put the pinbits plastic ones direct on the cabinet decals, but thought I was ok with the smaller plastic ones underneath... am I right? or do I still need these metal ones instead?
thanks for the direction.

Newer Sterns which come with leg protectors stock already, either the original metal or the newer plastic ones, do not need additional protectors. If fact, adding additional protectors can actually cause more damage such as decal bunching/wrinkling.

#2025 8 years ago

Another question for all the Iron Man owners...has anyone installed the mylar that goes around the magnets?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/803-5000-MG

Is it needed or is it overkill to put it on?

Thanks!

#2026 8 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Newer Sterns which come with leg protectors stock already, either the original metal or the newer plastic ones, do not need additional protectors. If fact, adding additional protectors can actually cause more damage such as decal bunching/wrinkling.

Yea personally I would just leave the plastic ones on there, seems cheaper then metal..but I would think plastic less likely to scratch your legs Definitely do not use the pin cab protectors they are wider and could damage the decal!

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Another question for all the Iron Man owners...has anyone installed the mylar that goes around the magnets?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/803-5000-MG
Is it needed or is it overkill to put it on?
Thanks!

Mine came with them on IMVE from the factory I believe unless the previous owner installed which I doubt. If you don't have them I would do that or the cliffy's..I saw he makes some carbon fiber ones that seem nice.

#2027 8 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

This

#2028 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Mine came with them on IMVE from the factory I believe unless the previous owner installed which I doubt. If you don't have them I would do that or the cliffy's..I saw he makes some carbon fiber ones that seem nice.

I wasn't sure if they came factory installed or not.

My Iron Man has been sitting in the box in my house for the past few days. Just waiting to get schedules worked out with a couple friends to do the grand unboxing.

#2029 8 years ago

Ok so I installed LED OCD and Gizmo this weekend. I would have to say I am very happy with the Gizmo it really takes away that strobe effect you get when hitting jackpots in the multi balls. I suppose some may like that, but I enjoy the dimming effects without feeling like I am at a night club

Has anyone with a VE tweaked any of the settings on their LED OCD..I know usually its very specific but since all VE's are the same I am just curious. Seems pretty good with stock settings to me, but always up for some ideas!

#2030 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Has anyone with a VE tweaked any of the settings on their LED OCD..

There is actually a settings file for IM included in the latest software archive. Look in the settings folder.

Mine is a 2010, not VE, but the change I made should apply to both. It makes the fast blinking stuff look a little more blinky to differentiate from the solidly lit stuff.

Also, make sure you set it to incandescent via the game menus. Otherwise, it will be dumbing down the lighting effects.

#2031 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

There is actually a settings file for IM included in the latest software archive. Look in the settings folder.
Mine is a 2010, not VE, but the change I made should apply to both. It makes the fast blinking stuff look a little more blinky to differentiate from the solidly lit stuff.
Also, make sure you set it to incandescent via the game menus. Otherwise, it will be dumbing down the lighting effects.

Awesome thanks I thought you mentioned there being a file!

I already change it to incandescent

Really such a great MOD!

#2032 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Nice topper...machine looks great!!!

Thanks. One of the best toppers Joe has done. That and the Hulk are probably my favourites.

#2033 8 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

looking very VERY nice Joker/blockquote>

Cheers.

#2034 8 years ago

Any one do their own whiplash EL wire mod? I would like to dot his, but the few I have seen are priced very high. Seems simple enough?

#2035 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Any one do their own whiplash EL wire mod? I would like to dot his, but the few I have seen are priced very high. Seems simple enough?

Not negative or sarcastic- but almost all mods are simple enough, you're paying for precision/instructions.

#2036 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Not negative or sarcastic- but almost all mods are simple enough, you're paying for precision/instructions.

Yes I hear you, I am just wondering if someone can verify the power requirements etc...it seems a I can just get a 12V inverter and wire it up..but then I am reading that possibly there needs to be a diode in there somewhere. As for the artistic part I have a friend who can make it look nice.

We plan on building our own LED's in the chest, so I really just need the whips. I can buy just the whips from refinery but they are always on, looking to wire with the flasher. I really don't want to spend $160 on the hooked ones.

#2037 8 years ago

In da club!!!!
Original IM with a new PF. Man this thing is fast and fun! Have a shaker on the way and already hooked it up to a sub. Holy crap!!!!
The sound package....

Any chance anyone has or knows where I can find the war machine or whiplash plastic? Both of mine are busted and I'd love to replace them.

Cheers!

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#2038 8 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

In da club!!!!
Original IM with a new PF. Man this thing is fast and fun! Have a shaker on the way and already hooked it up to a sub. Holy crap!!!!
The sound package....
Any chance anyone has or knows where I can find the war machine or whiplash plastic? Both of mine are busted and I'd love to replace them.
Cheers!

image_(resized).jpg

Have ColorDMD in TAF, but not IM or LOTR?? Not the direction I would have gone if I could only have one.

#2039 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Have ColorDMD in TAF, but not IM or LOTR?? Not the direction I would have gone if I could only have one.

Give him 5 minutes.....sheesh, he just got the thing.

#2040 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Give him 5 minutes.....sheesh, he just got the thing.

LOL...more for LOTR than IM I guess.

#2041 8 years ago

Wow, IM has been back for 5 months and this pin just keeps getting better. This game is a long term keeper for me. I love the speed of the game play and strategy for maximizing score in the various objectives. Simply stated this game is great fun. Simple and yet complexities exist. Challenging and yet occasionally achievable. Beautiful and yet brutal. Great light show and awesome sound package. Good mods and with the availability of ColorDMD and a subwoofer - over the top. 10 outta 10 for me.

#2042 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

LOL...more for LOTR than IM I guess.

Hehehe......
TAF is the wife's baby and it came with the color DMD. If I tried to move it she would end me.

LOTR or MET is slated for one next. How do you all find color DMD in IM to look?

#2043 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Any one do their own whiplash EL wire mod?

I did the reverse mod and removed the gi joe dudes from the playfield.

#2044 8 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

I did the reverse mod and removed the gi joe dudes from the playfield.

Cool, I'd like to see a pic of that.

#2045 8 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Hehehe......
TAF is the wife's baby and it came with the color DMD. If I tried to move it she would end me.
LOTR or MET is slated for one next. How do you all find color DMD in IM to look?

It's a vast improvement. You can actually tell what's going on in the graphics with color. MET is awesome though, I'd go that way first over colorizing IM to be honest.

#2047 8 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

How do you all find color DMD in IM to look?

Personally IM would be my top priority....it's a HUGE improvement over the crap it came with. Had the game for nine months, put the color DMD in and my son says "are those scenes from the movies!?" He never noticed them before.

#2048 8 years ago

Dang I love this game couldn't stop hitting the start button .. Was about to get the last multi all going for do or die and raised the stupid monger a second time !!! haha

Now someone tell me how to do my own el wire

#2049 8 years ago

Shit....great price!!!....somebody buy this thing!!!!

#2050 8 years ago

I agree I would have bought his if it weren't for shipping costs Instead I will mod the one I got more fun that way

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 26.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,021 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.