(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,018 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 101.
#1751 8 years ago

Now in service. Hit Jericho on 3rd game.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1752 8 years ago

First impressions of the VE were pretty positive overall. I must say the quality seems to be a notable improvement over the 2010 original. I still loved my original IM, and I'd certainly rather pay the price I did for the 2010 versus the VE. Nonetheless the print quality on the playfield and decals was really quite nice. The all-LED lighting wasn't as harsh as I thought it would be, and the new head design looks sharp. I much prefer the original quick-lock head design. Otherwise it's all good IM fun.

BTW, I'm surprised to see the production date of Nov 6, 2015. Thought these were out of production for at least a few months.

IMG_4401_(resized).jpgIMG_4401_(resized).jpg

#1753 8 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

First impressions of the VE were pretty positive overall. I must say the quality seems to be a notable improvement over the 2010 original. I still loved my original IM, and I'd certainly rather pay the price I did for the 2010 versus the VE. Nonetheless the print quality on the playfield and decals was really quite nice. The all-LED lighting wasn't as harsh as I thought it would be, and the new head design looks sharp. I much prefer the original quick-lock head design. Otherwise it's all good IM fun.
BTW, I'm surprised to see the production date of Nov 6, 2015. Thought these were out of production for at least a few months.

IMG_4401_(resized).jpg

Agreed...only gripes are the backbox bolt vs latch system, no service rails, and the lockdown bar....when the f*** did they start doing the double spring latch thing? Guess I haven't bought a new Stern in awhile...( going to place a " wanted to buy" ad for the old style tonight....)

#1754 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed...only gripes are the backbox bolt vs latch system, no service rails, and the lockdown bar....when the f*** did they start doing the double spring latch thing? Guess I haven't bought a new Stern in awhile...( going to place a " wanted to buy" ad for the old style tonight....)

2010 or 2011. Can anyone confirm? My Rolling Stones (early 2011) had the double latch system, and my Avatar did as well. Although, my personal Avatar was made in 2013, so it's possible the 2010 Avatars didn't have them.

#1755 8 years ago

Wasn't the original IM the first machine to feature the horrible new latch system and lose the service rails?

#1756 8 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Wasn't the original IM the first machine to feature the horrible new latch system and lose the service rails?

I don't know....would like to change it out, regardless....can be done, correct? Didn't the PR versions do this?

#1757 8 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Nope, mine has the regular latch, coffin lock, and better head design...but it does have the horrible playfield posts! It could be the first with those.

#1758 8 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Mine has the normal lockdown bar system.

#1759 8 years ago

I don't understand the problem with the latches. I keep them undone, making it easy to pull the lockdown bar and get the glass off. No need to open the coin door, pull a handle, pull the lockdown bar out and vice versa with re-assembly. I for one absolutely love the spring latches. Keeping them undone makes getting th glass off way faster.

#1760 8 years ago

The latches are great - I can close the coin door without having to mess with the lever first, which is nice when removing PDI glass. Unfortunately the only game I own with the latch mechs is Metallica.

#1761 8 years ago

Latches keep the lock bar down tight. Just went and checked and my ACDC has a slight wiggle. My latch Sterns, IM and ST are solid. Don't know what you guy are talking about? Fill me in.

#1762 8 years ago

I don't mind the new latch style at all. It took a little bit of time to get used to them, but as was said above, they keep the lockdown bar extremely tight.

#1763 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I don't understand the problem with the latches. I keep them undone, making it easy to pull the lockdown bar and get the glass off. No need to open the coin door, pull a handle, pull the lockdown bar out and vice versa with re-assembly. I for one absolutely love the spring latches. Keeping them undone makes getting th glass off way faster.

Guess I'm old fashioned....I like the spring loaded bar...open coin door, pull lever down with one hand, lift the bar off....goes on and off in seconds, and I don't have to reach into 2 areas ( blindly) on either side of coin door to release/ relocate the spring metal mechanisms.....it does hold the bar tight, but not much in those mechs....old mech just feels more "solid" to me...

#1764 8 years ago

I'm fine with the latches; they are effective. The perception many had is that it's a cost-cutting measure, and with skyrocketing pin prices it doesn't make sense to get less for your money.

#1765 8 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

It's here!!!

image_(resized).jpeg

Congrats Brian! Welcome (back) to the club!

#1766 8 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Congrats Brian! Welcome (back) to the club!

Thanks Nelson. Good to be back.

Hey, does anyone know where the best price is on a shaker motor?

#1767 8 years ago

Hi,

How do you lite the Marks to get Jericho Multiball? Some games I get there while trying to light all the shield targets but never seems to make it and then other days I get there by just having a bunch of good multi balls..

Help!

Thanks

#1768 8 years ago
Quoted from ilovegames:

Hi,
How do you lite the Marks to get Jericho Multiball? Some games I get there while trying to light all the shield targets but never seems to make it and then other days I get there by just having a bunch of good multi balls..
Help!
Thanks

Copied from an earlier post I made in this thread:

Every major task awards a Mark level, but usually only once during the 6 Mark progression meter. The exception is the Iron Man targets which awards a Mark level for each completion of a set.

Examples of goals to earn a Mark level:

Complete a Shield group of 6 inserts
Complete an Iron Man Target set (can be done for each Iron Man mode)
Start Bogey
Start Iron Monger MB
Start War Machine MB
Start Whiplash MB

Enjoy

Oh and Jericho is NOT a multiball, but could be stacked with Monger back in earlier code versions.

#1769 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Copied from an earlier post I made in this thread:
Every major task awards a Mark level, but usually only once during the 6 Mark progression meter. The exception is the Iron Man targets which awards a Mark level for each completion of a set.
Examples of goals to earn a Mark level:
Complete a Shield group of 6 inserts
Complete an Iron Man Target set (can be done for each Iron Man mode)
Start Bogey
Start Iron Monger MB
Start War Machine MB
Start Whiplash MB
Enjoy
Oh and Jericho is NOT a multiball, but could be stacked with Monger back in earlier code versions.

You are awesome!

Thanks. I was driving myself nuts thinking that it was just getting the shields and knowing I only have to do that once helps.

I appreciate it. Merry Christmas everyone!

#1770 8 years ago

Been to Jericho mode many a times and never completed it. I have yet to play a machine setup where the mode continues from ball to ball. Perhaps 2016 I'll be able to.

#1771 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Been to Jericho mode many a times and never completed it. I have yet to play a machine setup where the mode continues from ball to ball. Perhaps 2016 I'll be able to.

Come to my house Todd......I've finished it both ways (one ball and carry over) and currently have it set up to carry over because I think that way is more fun. Love the Jericho mode so I love to make it last longer and have a better chance of getting through it. Doing it on one ball is 90% luck.....maybe 80% for you.

#1772 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Come to my house Todd......I've finished it both ways (one ball and carry over) and currently have it set up to carry over because I think that way is more fun.

Fully agree, way more fun with the carryover I can see.

#1773 8 years ago

Is that axsetti

Quoted from GravitaR:Fully agree, way more fun with the carryover I can see.

Is that a setting change ?

#1774 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Is that axsetti

Is that a setting change ?

Yes....it's in the settings.

#1775 8 years ago

Happy Holidays!!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1776 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Fully agree, way more fun with the carryover I can see.

#1777 8 years ago

Been modding my Ironman a bit the past few days...found a really cool War Machine and added a Drone. Thought it came out pretty nice. War Machine's guns are tied to his insert below so the guns light when the insert lights as if he's firing.

IM-Full-5lr_(resized).jpgIM-Full-5lr_(resized).jpg

#1778 8 years ago

War Machine looks badass, dude.

When you install the LEDs in the chest, what do you use to hold them in place. Hot glue gun?

You using alligator clips or molex connectors to introduce it to the inserts?

I ask because I have everything I need to try it, and I wanted some advice from those that obviously know what they're doing.

#1779 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

War Machine looks badass, dude.
When you install the LEDs in the chest, what do you use to hold them in place. Hot glue gun?
You using alligator clips or molex connectors to introduce it to the inserts?
I ask because I have everything I need to try it, and I wanted some advice from those that obviously know what they're doing.

If you drill the right size hole, the LED will fit snug enough. If it's too loose, a small drop of crazy glue will hold it.

You can't use alligator clips on newer stern inserts because they use plastic holders, instead you have to wire a bulb or tap off a connector. You can only use clips on the GI circuit (6v).

#1780 8 years ago

my heavily modded, brand new spotless refinery IMVE game is for sale. offers only. PM me if interested. I'm compulsive and had a total change of heart on the hobby, slowly exiting.

#1781 8 years ago

New hobby lined up?

#1782 8 years ago

nope, if my games sell I guess I'll retire a few wks earlier.

#1783 8 years ago

Well good luck bud

#1784 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

nope, if my games sell I guess I'll retire a few wks earlier.

I see my pins as assets that I can liquidate at the END of retirement, after the last dollar is gone from the cookie jar. Or I may route my IM and MET in the nursing home.

#1785 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

my heavily modded, brand new spotless refinery IMVE game is for sale. offers only. PM me if interested. I'm compulsive and had a total change of heart on the hobby, slowly exiting.

Wish the best for you, whatever direction you are going.....would take your BSM off your hands, but just got in the IM club, and afraid I would bypass retirement and go straight to death mode if my Wife saw I bought another so close....

#1786 8 years ago

came to my senses. this game stays in my family.

#1787 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

came to my senses. this game stays in my family.

Not only did you come to your senses, but also I see you added a pin in your collection .

#1788 8 years ago

Does anyone have a full digital copy (or know where I can download one) of the iron man pro manual? The one on sterns site isn't complete. Thanks.
Jimmy

#1789 8 years ago

When I say incomplete I mean with the game adjustments. Was one offered originally? Thanks

#1790 8 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

When I say incomplete I mean with the game adjustments. Was one offered originally? Thanks

Schematics/wire diagrams would be great too. I am not sure it exists.

#1791 8 years ago

Just joined the club and I am addicted! I love fast games and this one will never leave. Scored a HUO VE with about 1700 games on it for 4K!

#1792 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

Schematics/wire diagrams would be great too. I am not sure it exists.

I feel ripped off on this as well. Seems STERN is only publishing "complete" manuals for some of their pins. I had to dig around in other older SAM games to find schematics and hoped they matched close enough to do some troubleshooting. BS if you ask me. My TWD has the same issue.

#1793 8 years ago

RandomKG and I did an experiment Friday night. It turns out that it's very hard to break 20M on IM if you've been enjoying bourbon all night.

#1794 8 years ago

Check out this canvas my wife got me for Christmas. I'm pumped!

IMG_0772_(resized).JPGIMG_0772_(resized).JPG

#1795 8 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Check out this canvas my wife got me for Christmas. I'm pumped!
IMG_0772_(resized).JPG

Very cool. Do you know where she got it?

#1796 8 years ago

I think she bought the vinyl canvas on eBay, then she had to staple it to a 2'x3' frame seperately (which still needs to be stretched a little tighter in my case).

#1797 8 years ago

Finally put up 130mil on Iron Man over the holiday break. Had 120 on ball 1, then 10 mil on the next two balls. Thought for sure I'd have beaten RobT's score by now but this game is a bitch.

#1798 8 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Finally put up 130mil on Iron Man over the holiday break. Had 120 on ball 1, then 10 mil on the next two balls. Thought for sure I'd have beaten RobT's score by now but this game is a bitch.

IM defines "one ball game". not surprised at all by your final score. Nice game! regardless of if you hit the 2x DODhu, that's still a lot of successful shots

#1799 8 years ago

Thanks. I hit DoD... how do you get 2x DoD? And why did it start at 35 mil instead of 50 mil?

#1800 8 years ago

Rob was also playing the old code which gave an extra 30,000,000 points for DoDhu with 2x running.

Quoted from mesmashu:

Thanks. I hit DoD... how do you get 2x DoD? And why did it start at 35 mil instead of 50 mil?

You have to spell Iron-Man on the targets for the second time to get 2x going. New code is 35,000,000.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 24.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.