(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,018 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 101.
#1552 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

» YouTube video

Fantastic!

#1553 8 years ago

The best just got better!

#1554 8 years ago

Now that's what ColorDMD was made for -- to fix Stern's crappy video clips! Really glad to see this happening.

#1555 8 years ago

regarding the colorDMD-
I don't understand though? is it done? about to be done?

#1556 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

regarding the colorDMD-

Looks like a teaser vid to me, coming soon?..........very excited here.

#1557 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

» YouTube video

Another 400 gone. Dog gone it. I hate how much I love ColorDMD

#1558 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Another 400 gone. Dog gone it. I hate how much I love ColorDMD

That was exactly what I was going to say. Another 400 bucks flew out the window as soon as I saw that.

#1559 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

regarding the colorDMD-

Generally the final ROM goes up around a week after the official announcement.

#1560 8 years ago

Must...........r...e...s...i...s...t..........t...0...0.......m...u...c...h.....m...o...n...e....y......

Fuck it, I'm in.

#1561 8 years ago

Me too Astro.... and also picking one up for my WH20 with it as well while I'm at it, *sigh*. I just installed my El whips last night and thought I was finally done with sinking money in IM. It's becoming alarmingly easy to justify expensive mods to myself when I know I don't have space for any more games. In my sick mind I'm saving 6k by buying 2 DMD's vs. buying the MET Premium I reeeeeaaaaally want but don't have space for at the moment heh. That said, couldn't be more stoked to see it in action looks SO PURTY.

#1562 8 years ago

Oh, so that's what those dots look like. Nice. IM needs this.

#1563 8 years ago

IM may be the one pin that I don't get the CDMD for. The reason is simple - I would rarely have a chance to look at it, because the game is so fast. I will be swapping one in just to check it out though.

#1564 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Must...........r...e...s...i...s...t..........t...0...0.......m...u...c...h.....m...o...n...e....y......
Fuck it, I'm in.

Excellent. Your training is complete.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#1565 8 years ago

I was driving down to Florida Freeplay and the guys I was with were checking the Color DMD in the car. Coud not watch until I got here, but heck yeah I am in! Is this the first Color Dmd with movie animations? I thought they would be hard to do, but IM looks great!

#1566 8 years ago

I think this might have to be my first color dmd. That looks incredible, especially compared to the crap in the stock dmd.

#1567 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I think this might have to be my first color dmd. That looks incredible, especially compared to the crap in the stock dmd.

I'm getting one, it will be my first ColorDMD!

#1569 8 years ago

Great looking game RandomKG! I'm a bit confused on one thing. How do you have a color dmd in your game if it's not released yet?

#1570 8 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Great looking game RandomKG! I'm a bit confused on one thing. How do you have a color dmd in your game if it's not released yet?

pinball refinery does it custom tied to game. example it goes green during whiplash. it's awesome - but I'll still be updating the millisecond full color is released!

#1571 8 years ago

So, what's the best backbox LED kit for Iron Man?

#1572 8 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Cointakers deluxe. Their standard is awesome too. Seeing my friends IMVE with his back box lighting kit from Cointaker changed my whole perspective on the back glass - it looks alive with the lighting in the sky and clouds, etc.

#1573 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Cointakers deluxe. Their standard is awesome too. Seeing my friends IMVE with his back box lighting kit from Cointaker changed my whole perspective on the back glass - it looks alive with the lighting in the sky and clouds, etc.

correct. cointaker deluxe is by best for iron man... just have to spend a few mins with the remote figuring how to get the color/speed fade combo you want.

#1574 8 years ago

Cointakers is nice but Im really glad I went with Arcade Upkeeps led backbox for mine. It's not over the top and I love that when the game starts, the LEDs dim automatically so there is no glare from the translite onto the glass. They also do an amazing and customizable under cabinet led kit.

#1575 8 years ago

Anybody else like the stock CFL? It's cheap and works pretty well with the mostly-blue artwork.

#1576 8 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Gio's kit is kick ass......i got the backbox and under cabinet one a few years back.

Excellent stuff!

#1577 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

correct. cointaker deluxe is by best for Iron Man... just have to spend a few mins with the remote figuring how to get the color/speed fade combo you want.

My VE came with this installed, I have zero idea how to work it. Any help here?

#1578 8 years ago

This Wednesday color ! I already installed a color DMD in my Iron Man last January and it looks so much better with upscalling. You can actually see the film clips better. Now in color can't wait! I wonder how it will look set to upscalling with color instead of dots. Will have to play with it. I hope SM is next!

Rob

#1579 8 years ago
Quoted from gaspumprob:

This Wednesday color ! I already installed a color DMD in my Iron Man last January and it looks so much better with upscalling. You can actually see the film clips better. Now in color can't wait! I wonder how it will look set to upscalling with color instead of dots. Will have to play with it. I hope SM is next!
Rob

yes bring the color love to Spidey. that's exactly what I thought when I saw this clip. I've had spidey longer than my IM so I want it even more badly

#1580 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Excellent. Your training is complete.

image.jpeg

Yep....I already ordered one!

#1581 8 years ago
Quoted from gaspumprob:

Rob

If you can, get a short video of it. Wanna make my mind on upscaling with IM. Thanks !

#1582 8 years ago

I've seen an aftermarket speaker panel decal for the non-VEs. It was different than the VE and had some circuits on it. Can't seem to find it.

Anyone have a link?

#1583 8 years ago
Quoted from matt_assassin:

If you can, get a short video of it. Wanna make my mind on upscaling with IM. Thanks !

Ok maybe will do a video soon and broadcast on U-tube. And place a link on here.

Rob

#1584 8 years ago

It's from Pingraffix. They no longer make them. I have one on mine.

Brock (pinball_customs) said he was going to design a new one so hopefully that's revealed soon

#1585 8 years ago

Matt from BackAlley can do a custom circuit speaker panel. Give him a ring.

#1586 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

It's from Pingraffix. They no longer make them. I have one on mine.
Brock (pinball_customs) said he was going to design a new one so hopefully that's revealed soon

We still make the Iron Man speaker panel and you can still order it on our web site. Although we did change the design a bit. We originally printed on metallic vinyl, but we discovered that it's very hard to work with, very expensive and it's always on back order. Now we're just printing on traditional vinyl. http://www.PinGraffix.com

Screen_Shot_2015-11-28_at_11.51.37_AM.pngScreen_Shot_2015-11-28_at_11.51.37_AM.png

#1587 8 years ago

Boom!! My bad. Great stuff man.

#1588 8 years ago

Well since IMVE is a metal speaker panel, will you make them magnetic?

#1589 8 years ago

I've been having a lot of trouble getting into IronMan. I've had some good games at the start, but now they are growing fewer and farther in between and I just wasn't have much fun draining so quickly all of the time. This will be nothing new for many on here, but for a lot of newer players or ones that are just average or above, this is a very difficult pin and the drains can be very discouraging. Some see it as a challenge to play better and I just saw it as not very fun after so many constant quick drains. Great game don't get me wrong, just not having as much fun as I should so here is what I did.

I went wild buying posts and rubbers to try out and here is what I came up with:

a. 1-1/16 inch star post singles with 5/16 inch rubber in the gap on top and one slid down to the bottom
b. I've also inserted a 5/16 rubber on the closer in-lane sandwiched by two of the little post caps( I just realized I could have used one 3/16 rubber instead of one 5/16 and two other smaller to sandwich. This was for left lane not right(see picture)
c. installed the cheap drain fix on right ramp from pinball life

Final verdict, its a different game, having a blast with it and so are friends. It was fun before, but not one many had success at so most lost interest after a while. All this has changed, most importantly for me as well! For all the people that are about to blast me just remember the saying. It's my sandbox, I'll play how I want to.

I know I'm not the first one to use different posts, just wanted to share what renewed interest in the game for me.

IMG-20151128-00133.jpgIMG-20151128-00133.jpg
Greenfield-20151128-00139.jpgGreenfield-20151128-00139.jpg
Greenfield-20151128-00140.jpgGreenfield-20151128-00140.jpg
Greenfield-20151128-00139_1.jpgGreenfield-20151128-00139_1.jpg
IMG-20151128-00137.jpgIMG-20151128-00137.jpg

#1590 8 years ago

Good for you sparechange. Nothing wrong with setting up a machine to make it more fun for yourself.

#1591 8 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

I've been having a lot of trouble getting into IronMan. I've had some good games at the start, but now they are growing fewer and farther in between and I just wasn't have much fun draining so quickly all of the time. This will be nothing new for many on here, but for a lot of newer players or ones that are just average or above, this is a very difficult pin and the drains can be very discouraging. Some see it as a challenge to play better and I just saw it as not very fun after so many constant quick drains. Great game don't get me wrong, just not having as much fun as I should so here is what I did.
I went wild buying posts and rubbers to try out and here is what I came up with:
a. 1-1/16 inch star post singles with 5/16 inch rubber in the gap on top and one slid down to the bottom
b. I've also inserted a 5/16 rubber on the closer in-lane sandwiched by two of the little post caps( I just realized I could have used one 3/16 rubber instead of one 5/16 and two other smaller to sandwich. This was for left lane not right(see picture)
c. installed the cheap drain fix on right ramp from pinball life
Final verdict, its a different game, having a blast with it and so are friends. It was fun before, but not one many had success at so most lost interest after a while. All this has changed, most importantly for me as well! For all the people that are about to blast me just remember the saying. It's my sandbox, I'll play how I want to.
I know I'm not the first one to use different posts, just wanted to share what renewed interest in the game for me.
IMG-20151128-00133.jpg
Greenfield-20151128-00139.jpg
Greenfield-20151128-00140.jpg
Greenfield-20151128-00139_1.jpg
IMG-20151128-00137.jpg

excellent. Fun is the number one priority. I like both- playing competitive settings and more fun casual settings. The ability to change these big toys is one of the reasons they're so cool and alluring for me. I had mine setup for league for a few weeks, now looking forward to more casual fun games for a while.
Don't forget your tilt bob and menu settings : )

#1592 8 years ago

Sparechange, have you thought about setting it to 5 balls, or increasing the ballsave timer? That way you still get the benefit of learning how to nudge away from outlanes, but there's enough gameplay for a new player to start a few modes, and for an average player to have a chance to start Jericho and start a few stacks.

#1593 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Sparechange, have you thought about setting it to 5 balls, or increasing the ballsave timer? That way you still get the benefit of learning how to nudge away from outlanes, but there's enough gameplay for a new player to start a few modes, and for an average player to have a chance to start Jericho and start a few stacks.

I had it at 4, but I've got it back to 3 ball now and ball save at 10 and 4 hits to start whiplash. This game has been a love hate for me(mostly love). When I got it, outlanes on wide maybe 15th game 90 million, have played at least 150 games since and 5 million, then 8 million tops 20 million or so, just bombing it out. Admittedly I didn't know what I was doing at first and the score was beginners luck and timing. Before large post install, always draining right away on whiplash, draining and just not getting much stacked as I'd drain right away. The thing is I'm actually an average to above player usually?

This one machine is just one tough mother. I"m quite good a nudging to hit the flippers, just horrible at nudging to save ball from out lanes. That is something I need to look up and practice. Maybe as I get better, I will slowly remove my drain fixes.

Is there a strategy you guys are following or thread could point me to. For example, on Spiderman I used to suck, but then got the strategy down, doc oc, then get into a mode, then black suit multi..I'm by no means great, but 150 mil - 180 is not unheard of on that game for me.

Iron Man: I'm going for whiplash to start, then trying to get bogey then monger pops up usually before I get bogey and I drain tying to finish. When I spell lIron man seems that I drain right away as well. This is all before drain fix of course. I would think this would change a bit now.

#1594 8 years ago
Quoted from jGraffix:

We still make the Iron Man speaker panel and you can still order it on our web site. Although we did change the design a bit. We originally printed on metallic vinyl, but we discovered that it's very hard to work with, very expensive and it's always on back order. Now we're just printing on traditional vinyl. http://www.PinGraffix.com
Screen_Shot_2015-11-28_at_11.51.37_AM.png

Do these work for the original IM? The speaker cutout in the original IM are squared, but this decal has round cutouts.

#1595 8 years ago

I would advise getting the drones as first priority. What I like to do is get War Machine ready, then start Monger, then start War Machine. Alternatively, you can start War Machine and go to start Whiplash. Either way, you can stack two multi balls and rack up some serious points.

The big key to high scores on IM is Jericho and Do or Die. If you can start Do or Die and then go into Jericho, you get double scoring on Jericho. And that is worth a TON of points. I completed a doubled up Jericho once during my best game ever (274M).

You summed it up when you said it was one tough mother. It is a very mean mean mean game.

#1596 8 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I would advise getting the drones as first priority. What I like to do is get War Machine ready, then start Monger, then start War Machine. Alternatively, you can start War Machine and go to start Whiplash. Either way, you can stack two multi balls and rack up some serious points.
The big key to high scores on IM is Jericho and Do or Die. If you can start Do or Die and then go into Jericho, you get double scoring on Jericho. And that is worth a TON of points. I completed a doubled up Jericho once during my best game ever (274M).
You summed it up when you said it was one tough mother. It is a very mean mean mean game.

^^Thanks for the tips, I'm going to put in some work now^^

#1597 8 years ago
Quoted from jGraffix:

Screen_Shot_2015-11-28_at_11.51.37_AM.png

Also, I couldn't find it on your site.

#1598 8 years ago

It's a great idea to set the game up to make it the most fun for you, and I have not tweaked any other game as much as I have IM. I've played a sample of this game with outlane posts in most closed position and less than factory slope it's completely boring. I've played another sample with outlane posts removed, tight tilt, and high slope and it's completely unforgiving, so somewhere in the middle is obviously the way to go.

For a while I had one or both of my outlane posts at the most open position and finally gave up and moved them to mid point. I left the tilt mech off for a while, which allows practice on ball saves. I also had it on 4-ball for a while as well, partially for guests, and partially so I can learn how to progress to the wizard modes. At this point everything has returned to factory settings, and it's perfect for me... though I do have the tilt mech set to lenient. It remains the go to game in my collection, for both me and my guests.

#1599 8 years ago

I had a thought. The plastics over the slings seem odd to me. No where else on the game are Black Widow or Nick Fury represented. They don't even rate call outs in the game from what I can remember which seems weird as well.

So unless someone wants to pull clips and alter the code (erak) I have a mod request. I'd be a buyer if someone could create some badass looking replacement sling covers. Maybe have one be the Iron Man suit and one be War Machine. Or maybe two halves of the Iron Man mask. I remember seeing some cool SM plastic replacements red and black half and half of the Spidey symbol. I'd love something like that for Iron Man. Black Widow is hot and all but they just don't fit in the game.

Thoughts?

#1600 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I had a thought. The plastics over the slings seem odd to me. No where else on the game are Black Widow or Nick Fury represented. They don't even rate call outs in the game from what I can remember which seems weird as well.
So unless someone wants to pull clips and alter the code (erak) I have a mod request. I'd be a buyer if someone could create some badass looking replacement sling covers. Maybe have one be the Iron Man suit and one be War Machine. Or maybe two halves of the Iron Man mask. I remember seeing some cool SM plastic replacements red and black half and half of the Spidey symbol. I'd love something like that for Iron Man. Black Widow is hot and all but they just don't fit in the game.
Thoughts?

Yeah, I had the same thought. Even more of the circuit board design extending into the slings would look better. Maybe some high res printed ones too, unless those would clash with the lower res plastics. not sure what people can legally make and sell though...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.