(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,017 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 minutes ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,017 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 101.
#1451 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Pinsider sent me this photo of his Translite mod. Send your money Now!!

image.jpeg

Are you kidding me?? That's awesome! Like the speaker inserts as well

#1452 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I don't even know if both are necessary- but I've taken usb, deleted everything off it, right clicked on it, format, then saved both the bin and the pbm onto the usb, then place into J15 slot on backbox board, then flip switch 8 to on, then boot game up and hit select a few times.
...has he lost his mind...

Don't I just need to add the BIN file to a usb and upload the code to the game?

P.S. THANK YOU for doing this! I was hoping this would happen.

#1453 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Don't I just need to add the BIN file to a usb and upload the code to the game?
P.S. THANK YOU for doing this! I was hoping this would happen.

yes that's the one sentence version- but it's always safer to have clean USB stick as starting point. I also just flat out don't know if the PBM file is required- I've just always had it on the USB and never had any problems.

and a reminder you will lose your high scores (I set them as 1M, 2M, etc) and other adjustment settings when you do this.

#1454 8 years ago

Here is my new Avengers Topper (well not really a topper) Iron Man junkies like you should love it lol22_octobre_005.jpg22_octobre_005.jpg
22_octobre_006.jpg22_octobre_006.jpg
22_octobre_007.jpg22_octobre_007.jpg

#1455 8 years ago

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Where?!? How much!?!?

#1456 8 years ago

sideshow collectibles......price euh.....better not say.....around 2K

I'm nuts I know

#1457 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I'm nuts I know

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/characters/iron-man/?ref=Z1C2-IronMan

I don't see it on their site this morning.....maybe they stopped making it

#1458 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I'm nuts I know

You're not nuts. Youre my hero. Damn I'm jealous

#1459 8 years ago

We need a poll. Who is more nuts about IM, Grinder or Darth_Chris Grinder would win hands down until I saw that "sider" Darth_Chris posted.

#1460 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

We need a poll. Who is more nuts about IM, Grinder or Darth_Chris Grinder would win hands down until I saw that "sider" Darth_Chris posted.

#1461 8 years ago

Nah Grinder is da man. I just could not resist the item. It compliments the game room real nice.

#1462 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Here is my new Avengers Topper (well not really a topper) Iron Man junkies like you should love it lol

I just assumed that this was Grinder posting. I almost shit when I saw it wasn't. LOL! Pretty cool man. I like it.

#1463 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I'm nuts I know

Talk about a conversation piece! That is SWEET.

Have you guys seen the custom fit suits you can actually wear?

https://buyfullbodyarmors.com/store.html/

#1464 8 years ago

I saw those, these suits are nuts. you even have steam coming out of the jetpack.

#1465 8 years ago

Now I have to get one for my room Darth.

This one could be had for the low price of 8k at Universal Studios

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#1466 8 years ago

Those Universal shops always have very cool stuff. Been too long since I've been there (and it's been less than two years)! LOL

#1467 8 years ago

Did you guys saw the life size iron man collection hot toys did a little while ago ?

image.jpegimage.jpeg

I think the only one they still have in stock on their site hottoys.com is the Iron Patriot a $8999

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#1468 8 years ago

Looks like the Iron Man exhibit at Disneyland...

#1469 8 years ago

If I had an extra $9,000 I'd buy some more pins.

#1470 8 years ago

Iron Man - The only pin you can play in between sets while lifting weights.

#1471 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Iron Man - The only pin you can play in between sets while lifting weights.

that's awesome on multiple levels haha
"Pumping Iron - Man"

#1472 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Yes I have both the Whiplash and War Machine figures modded plus a Marine Drone in the back (I served 8 years in the Corps).

Hats off to you for serving, Grinder! I too served. Two years Active Duty during Vietnam and 32 years of Army Reserves. My father was a Marine . . . fought in WWII on Iwo Jima and Guadelcanal, then in Korea. I always liked you, but now I like you more!!!
Mike in Kentucky

#1473 8 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Hats off to you for serving, Grinder! I too served. Two years Active Duty during Vietnam and 32 years of Army Reserves. My father was a Marine . . . fought in WWII on Iwo Jima and Guadelcanal, then in Korea. I always liked you, but now I like you more!!!
Mike in Kentucky

Thanks bud!

Thank you and your dad for serving as well!

#1474 8 years ago

Anyone waiting on an IMVE from Stern? Any updates from your distro on when they are expected to ship?

#1475 8 years ago

Anyone have an idea why speaker panel sound might be out? Replaced the amp chip (TDA2030) to no avail.

#1476 8 years ago

I am waiting on an IMVE from JJ/Game Exchange. He has been pestering them with requests for dates but has not yet gotten anything (to my knowledge).

#1477 8 years ago

I picked up my IM a few weeks ago as a blind buy. Never played one before until I bought it. I gotta say this is one of my favorite pins of all time. Surprisingly I'm enjoying this more than my Tron during the first few weeks of ownership.

#1478 8 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Anyone have an idea why speaker panel sound might be out? Replaced the amp chip (TDA2030) to no avail.

Not sure, but did you buy IM or borrowing it to work on something?

#1479 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Not sure, but did you buy IM or borrowing it to work on something?

Helping a friend. I'm not working on it but that doesn't mean...

#1480 8 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

I assume you checked the fuses? A friend of mine had his audio go out on his ST and it was just a fuse.

#1481 8 years ago

Have you tried to reinstall the code for it? There friend had a ST delivered that didn't have the sound working and that fixed it.

#1482 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Have you tried to reinstall the code for it? There friend had a ST delivered that didn't have the sound working and that fixed it.

Eric, please put a big in someone's ear that I would like to buy another pinshield

#1483 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Eric, please put a big in someone's ear that I would like to buy another pinshield

I have asked Paul about whether/when he will make more, and he said that regular life was taking up a lot of time (family, house, etc.). I'll definitely ask him about it the next time I see him.

#1484 8 years ago
Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

I gotta say this is one of my favorite pins of all time. Surprisingly I'm enjoying this more than my Tron during the first few weeks of ownership.

Tron was made just months after IM by the same team. It has a great vibe, but even after playing it the past month, Tron strikes me as one of those where wizard mode is achievable simply by simply keeping the ball in play. In other words, I can consistently get to SOS by focusing only on a couple shots (Quorra and Disc), only because I found those are the only two modes that seem to linger after all the others are started, so I just go for them from the beginning and magically SoS happens. So unlike most games the challenge in Tron isn't to get to the wizard modes, it's to complete them.

In contrast IM requires higher than average focus to watch the ball and active planning for next steps due to limited ball times. Like Tron, the ruleset is broad and shallow, but I'm not aware of a tried and true path to success, it feels wide open and starting each mode requires intent. War machine is a tight shot, monger is a multi-phase mode with high risk and can get in the way of other modes, so careful planning is priority. Jericho isn't s super difficult to get to, but the odds are far less than SOS in Tron. There's nothing like Do or Die in Tron, and how many here can say they have ever seen Do or Die multiball as compared to Portal? Not even close.

In other words I think IM is a brilliantly balanced game compared to Tron's "just keep it alive long enough" strategy.

#1485 8 years ago

I disabled the post in the orbit, makes a big difference, skill shot no longer a slam dunk.

#1486 8 years ago

Sound is working in the lower speakers, but not in the speaker panel.

#1487 8 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Sound is working in the lower speakers, but not in the speaker panel.

Its probably working in the upper speakers as well. That cap they add in the speaker panel - REALLY- lowers the volume and pushes most of the audio to the cab speaker.

#1488 8 years ago

I'm trading both my BSD and JM for a NIB IMVE. I pick it up this Saturday ! !!!!!!

#1489 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Tron was made just months after IM by the same team. It has a great vibe, but even after playing it the past month, Tron strikes me as one of those where wizard mode is achievable simply by simply keeping the ball in play. In other words, I can consistently get to SOS by focusing only on a couple shots (Quorra and Disc), only because I found those are the only two modes that seem to linger after all the others are started, so I just go for them from the beginning and magically SoS happens. So unlike most games the challenge in Tron isn't to get to the wizard modes, it's to complete them.
In contrast IM requires higher than average focus to watch the ball and active planning for next steps due to limited ball times. Like Tron, the ruleset is broad and shallow, but I'm not aware of a tried and true path to success, it feels wide open and starting each mode requires intent. War machine is a tight shot, monger is a multi-phase mode with high risk and can get in the way of other modes, so careful planning is priority. Jericho isn't s super difficult to get to, but the odds are far less than SOS in Tron. There's nothing like Do or Die in Tron, and how many here can say they have ever seen Do or Die multiball as compared to Portal? Not even close.
In other words I think IM is a brilliantly balanced game compared to Tron's "just keep it alive long enough" strategy.

Interesting well thought view point. Not sure I agree with all of it however. Damage can be done on IM (any game) simply by keeping ball alive as well.

Tron is a fantastic game. Nothing wrong with achievable SOS or half wizard modes. I am decent-to-not-bad player and have got Jericho a lot more than I would've expected in my 1-2 wks with the game.

I'd have got a Tron by now if the Gem shot was a little easier and friend didn't already have a crazy good one. I frequently describe Tron to my non pinhead friends as the best pinball game I don't have. the whole pkg is fantastic, especially modded of course.

That said, IMVE is waiting for me in my game room Sat morning and that makes me giddy.

#1490 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Damage can be done on IM (any game) simply by keeping ball alive as well.

You are technically correct, on any game if you keep a ball active long enough you will see everything. On IM the fact that it can be done with a single ball is thrilling, primarily because I can go through long stretches of days where exceeding 10M points is an accomplishment. I was first hooked on IM in a tournament, no outlane posts, increased slope, and sensitive tilt. For months I could not stop thinking about how to defeat the game in that mode, a pure man vs machine scenario, a chess match like no other pinball machine can offer, one move at a time... every shot is dangerous and re-achieving control of the ball after each shot takes real skill.

Quoted from ATLpb:

I'd have got a Tron by now if the Gem shot was a little easier and friend didn't already have a crazy good one.

As I understand Gem shot difficulty varies by game. Note that I didn't even mention it as a shot I even worry about, it's fairly easy to make on the game I play and Follow Gem just happens.

#1491 8 years ago

My IMVE ships today - hooray!

#1492 8 years ago

Putting together my new armor for Iron Man, tested out the EL paper behind the hinge, looks good so far.

IMG_0154.jpgIMG_0154.jpg

#1493 8 years ago

Tron man

#1494 8 years ago

Ok, so this is bugging the shit out of me... was playing today and for some reason I looked at the coin door and noticed the coin door lights were not on. Checked the connector no voltage. Gonna write Stern tomorrow, but first was looking through pics from this thread and noticed ALOT of pins with no coin door lights on. Anyone know whats up with this and can save me the time?

#1495 8 years ago

lol, yes I guess in that picture it does look like that.

Tried to get a color close to the arc reactor in his chest. Have more to install on the side rails.

IMG_0135.jpgIMG_0135.jpg

#1496 8 years ago

Ugh I want!! Looks great man. Need to find me a laser etcher locally to write I am Iron Man along my side rails and light it up.

#1497 8 years ago

I got them from here,http://www.pinballmetal.com/products/4957982-2/. Had them powder coated with this. http://www.prismaticpowders.com/colors/PMB-6905/ILLUSION-CHERRY/ Had the gold sparkle for a top coat. Also did the legs, the premium support brackets, and better style lock down bar.

#1498 8 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I got them from here,http://www.pinballmetal.com/products/4957982-2/. Had them powder coated with this. http://www.prismaticpowders.com/colors/PMB-6905/ILLUSION-CHERRY/ Had the gold sparkle for a top coat. Also did the legs, the premium support brackets, and better style lock down bar.

Pictures when it's all done!! John, I have had a lot of people PMing me about your colored vinyl magnet protectors. Hope they have reached out to you as well

#1499 8 years ago

Quick FYI for anyone looking for a pimped out IMVE. I am likely going to be selling my Refinery Edition IMVE #2. Has pretty much every addition/mod they offered and then some. I am going to work on pictures to get up in the coming days but for now the 2nd one in line there is mine! Feel free to contact me if you might be interested.

IM2.jpgIM2.jpg

#1500 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Pictures when it's all done!! John, I have had a lot of people PMing me about your colored vinyl magnet protectors. Hope they have reached out to you as well

I will get pictures when it is done. Thanks for the referrals, been getting a few people wanting the protectors.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,017 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.