(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_2 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_1 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_3 (resized).jpg

There are 5,008 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 101.
#1301 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

You're losing your mind

It Was doing my head in, So I had to clear my conscious, I can hear it clear now, roughly every 25 sec's

#1302 8 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

It Was doing my head in, So I had to clear my conscious, I can hear it clear now, roughly every 25 sec's

Can you hear it now.....while not playing the game?

#1303 8 years ago

Did all IM come with mylar donuts around the magnets, or was it added later?

Rob

#1304 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Came on the VEs I think. I don't remember my Pro having any

#1305 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Came on the VEs I think. I don't remember my Pro having any

Yep vaults only

#1306 8 years ago

I will pay $4300 cold hard cash for your IM...Let me know.PM me.thanks.

#1307 8 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

I will pay $4300 cold hard cash for your IM...Let me know..thanks.

add 2k and I might start to think about the possibility of selling mine to you.

Just kidding. There's no way I'd sell mine.

#1308 8 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

I will pay $4300 cold hard cash for your IM...Let me know..thanks.

List where you are ane you may get a bite. We are the same in a way because we both own/owned HS2, ST Pro, WCS,
SG, ACDC. Buy IM and play the crap out of it and enjoy it.

#1309 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

We are the same in a way because we both own/owned HS2, ST Pro, WCS

I'm in that same boat.....so yeah sounds like he needs an IM! Just get a NIB shipped to your door for $500 more (unless they went up over the last VE run?).

#1310 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

My VE did not come with mylar for the magnets.

#1311 8 years ago

The VE units do have them, I was wrong earlier.

#1312 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

My VE did not come with mylar for the magnets.

Mine came with a decal around both the whiplash and monger magnets.

#1313 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'm in that same boat.....so yeah sounds like he needs an IM! Just get a NIB shipped to your door for $500 more (unless they went up over the last VE run?).

I just sold my WCS on Saturday. We becoming more and more alike.

Passed on Nascar also. I guess I should get a STTNG.

#1314 8 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

The VE units didn't come with any mylar. I have made rings and donuts for them.

Mine came with Mylar rings around both magnets.

#1315 8 years ago

Here is a quick VID of the custom Pinball Browser music i added to my IMVE.

Sorry about my thumb.

#1316 8 years ago

If anyone has any other ideas of what could be added/changed let me know and I will give it a try.

#1317 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Sorry about my thumb.
» YouTube video

Me Want!

#1318 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Sorry about my thumb.
» YouTube video

So........that is awesome! How does one approach doing this? Please share.

#1319 8 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

Mine came with Mylar rings around both magnets.

I stand corrected, it is on there, never realized it was on there.

#1320 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

If anyone has any other ideas of what could be added/changed let me know and I will give it a try.

Maybe at the end of the game do one "whirrr" of the guitar, instead of 3, then regular guitar riff kicks in? Start it at 1:55 perhaps? Regular guitar riff has to kick in early because I usually hit the start button so fast to play again.

Very cool. Nice work.

#1321 8 years ago

Consider supporting this this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-ve-again-should-code-be-revisited

Maybe Stern will read it and give us the half a morning it would take to make a minor code update for us.

#1322 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Maybe at the end of the game do one "whirrr" of the guitar, instead of 3, then regular guitar riff kicks in? Start it at 1:55 perhaps? Regular guitar riff has to kick in early because I usually hit the start button so fast to play again.
Very cool. Nice work.

I think it's great as it is. Especially if you walk away for a drink and come right back at it. I suggested Tony's "after party" speech for the ending and/or when you get a high score. It'd be a nice touch.

#1323 8 years ago

Added a new game over sound.

Tony says "truth is... i am iron man" then Iron man music plays.

I took the sound clip from his end of movie speech. Cut out the croud noise from it and added it to the start of a good clip of the song.

I think it fits better.

#1324 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Added a new game over sound.
Tony says "truth is... i am Iron Man" then Iron Man music plays.
I took the sound clip from his end of movie speech. Cut out the croud noise from it and added it to the start of a good clip of the song.
I think it fits better.

This should be factory, it's awesome. Great work and update. Proudly added it to my game, the Shoot to Thrill WM Multiball was a very nice touch.

#1325 8 years ago

In the same game I got a TOTAL of 140,000 during "fast scoring" (It had not even said "fast scoring" yet and the ball was draining) and then a TOTAL of 500,000 for "Bogey"! (Didn't hit a single ramp or orbit).

I really don't think it's possible to do worse.....especially in the same game.

Checked my audits.....I now have a total of 2 games between 10-15 minutes (zero over). Average score is 12 million (not all me).

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1326 8 years ago

I'm over six months now with IM and it just keeps getting better. Still my "Go-To" pin. I never say never but I don't foresee me moving IM along any time soon. ST and IM really do make a great one-two punch and have hogged most of my play time. They play very differently but both are intense games. ST is more of a journey and IM is just pure bare knuckle brawler.

#1327 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'm over six months now with IM and it just keeps getting better. Still my "Go-To" pin. I never say never but I don't foresee me moving IM along any time soon. ST and IM really do make a great one-two punch and have hogged most of my play time. They play very differently but both are intense games. ST is more of a journey and IM is just pure bare knuckle brawler.

Yes! I agree! ST is my sparring partner and IM is my boxing opponent. They play off each other very well!

#1328 8 years ago

Thanks for the upgrade erak.....much appreciated!

#1329 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

ST bores the hell out of me, but I know the feeling of IM working well with another longer playing pin. I go back and forth between IM and either TZ or MET (the long journeyman type games).

Something so simple, but so satisfying about IM. It has the perfect amount of things going on at any given time.

#1330 8 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

IM working well with another longer playing pin.

Agree with this 100%! IM sits next to my IJ and I honestly can't think of two games that are so different but play so well together.

Have always said IM plays like a jacked up System 11, and it reminds me a lot of one of my fave pins ever in WW. Just a mean, vicious, cruel game that you KNOW you beat but you never quite can that always has you trying one more time.

#1331 8 years ago

Completed Jericho again today.

#1332 8 years ago

Had DoD hurry up lit again today......hit the first shot to start it but missed the shot to collect!

Had only one shot left on Jericho yesterday!

If only I could put it all together in one epic game.

#1333 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Had DoD hurry up lit again today......hit the first shot to start it but missed the shot to collect!
Had only one shot left on Jericho yesterday!
If only I could put it all together in one epic game.

I did that yesterday, missed the DoD hurry up in one game and then hit it in a later game to set my GC score of 108mil. I don't know how you guys get to 150mil and above this is absolutely the hardest game I have ever owned. I recorded my session, video encoding now

#1334 8 years ago

Just wondering if people are spray painting their plastic coin reject surrounds gold for Iron Man (and LOTR) or buying them like that? They look cool with the red powdercoat.

Cheers!
Adam.

#1335 8 years ago

Gold spray paint

#1336 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Gold spray paint

Thanks! Love the look of it.

#1337 8 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I did that yesterday, missed the DoD hurry up in one game and then hit it in a later game to set my GC score of 108mil. I don't know how you guys get to 150mil and above this is absolutely the hardest game I have ever owned. I recorded my session, video encoding now

On YouTube now:

GC score starting @ 27:10. By my calculation that was a 13 minute and 32 second game to get that score. No wonder I was tired afterwards!

#1338 8 years ago

In the club!

As proof that this is the ultimate "one more game" game - I played for 45 minutes before bed...then came upstairs, did a few things on the computer, and then went back down and played for another hour. Total play count at the end of my first day of ownership? 90!

Was finally able to walk away after cracking 100m.

#1339 8 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

In the club!
As proof that this is the ultimate "one more game" game - I played for 45 minutes before bed...then came upstairs, did a few things on the computer, and then went back down and played for another hour. Total play count at the end of my first day of ownership? 90!

Welcome and enjoy!

#1340 8 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

In the club!

Can't tell you how many nights I've done exactly this. Welcome to the club!

#1341 8 years ago

Must not play before bed. So hard though!

Also I just found out that a friend of mine just ordered a pinball refinery IMVE.

#1342 8 years ago

I just found a drone figure over the weekend.
I added leds to it yesterday.

I think its gonna look good in the machine.

CAM00430.jpgCAM00430.jpg

#1343 8 years ago

So the shaker...worth it? Where do I get one?

#1344 8 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

So the shaker...worth it? Where do I get one?

Absolutely worth it. You don't know what you're missing. Shaker and sub could very well be the only two things you add to IM or you can go overboard like I did.

Check and make sure this will work with the VE first:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1352

#1345 8 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

So the shaker...worth it?

YES!

If you only did ONE thing to IM it should be add a shaker. I also agree that a sub would be #2.

#1346 8 years ago

Ok, thanks.

Funny story on this game...for months, I've had my name on all the high scores save for a mysterious (ha) G S at 75,000,000. I was having a killer game, over 70M on ball one with an extra ball at the ready. So I had three balls to knock G S off, and only 5M to get on those.

Yeah, the machine decided to show me, once again, WHO IS BOSS. I wound up at 74,874,100. I was so furious that I ranted and raved for about 30 seconds, walking around the game room steaming...and then immediately hit the start button on it.

I LOVE THIS GAME.

#1347 8 years ago

Just got word my IMVE shipped out from Stern and is on the way.

#1348 8 years ago

Welcome to the Club SC1974 and very nice collection BTW!

// Error: Image 393768 not found //

#1349 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

YES!
If you only did ONE thing to IM it should be add a shaker. I also agree that a sub would be #2.

Ooooooooh! Good call on the shaker.

#1350 8 years ago

My first NIB pin. IMVE, I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Once I heard Stern was doing another run of IMVE's I knew this was going to be the first NIB pin.

Iron_Man_VE.jpgIron_Man_VE.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 5,008 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.