(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_2 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_1 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_3 (resized).jpg

There are 5,008 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 101.
#1101 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

IM is the best "one more game" pin ever. I bought it in August of last year and I admit that it was very hard on me in the beginning because it was such a tough game. At first I had anxiety when I though about it sitting in the basement waiting for me to play it. Weird huh? I thought that maybe a I made a mistake by getting it, but then I manned up and dug into it. I realized a short game where you get your butt beat is all part of the experience and I slowly got better.
Once I played better I got addicted to IM and just hit start over and over. I can play 3 games in ten minutes before I head out the door! I only have 3 minutes! Ok one game of IM. When I had more time I made a rule that I can not walk away until I had a good game and when I had I good game I need to walk away. My goal is to not let IM make me feel dejected. It made me a better player for sure and all my other pins now seem like cake compared to IM.
IM is weird. It does not care how good you are. Lesser players beat good players on this all the time. It is great in tournaments. You can play a 4 player game on it and never have 10 minute breaks in between balls. Casual and expert players walk up to it and get beat badly and want to play again. This is rare for casual players. You can play 2 player with a casual player and not have them walk away as you wait. Kids enjoy it also.
You respect IM, but it does not respect you. Yes it is simple, but hard to get through Jericho, so it is deep in that way. Those who say it is boring would rather do a corn maze, like LOTR, instead, which is fine, but put me in the front seat of a roller coaster, like IM, any day.
Did I mention it is the best "one more game" pin ever

excellent. thanks so much for that review. well done.

#1102 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Nope, 2010. I would have gone either way, but was looking at 2010s more by the end of my search. I got lucky. I think that the VE is probably a bit better in more ways, but there are some things about the 2010 that I prefer.

Care to divulge what you paid?

#1103 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Care to divulge what you paid?

Maybe later...the guy has more pins to sell and I doubt that he would like his prices being mentioned too widely right now. Let's just say it was a fantastic deal.

#1104 8 years ago

Well congrats then bud.

#1105 8 years ago

I picked up a VE from a distributor and put it on location, had never had a chance to play it but man what an AWESOME game... and as a bonus it's now my #1 earning pin, Tron has finally been dethroned

#1106 8 years ago

If anyone has a HUO VE they are looking to sell in the NJ area send me a PM.

#1107 8 years ago
Quoted from BBC:

I would like to join the club. I am near Chicago!!

Everyone should join the club, this game is awesome.

#1108 8 years ago

Got tired of looking at a plain old war machine so lit him up and tied him to his insert. Also added a lighted iron man, so much better. I will have a few of the lighted iron man mods for sale later this week if anyone wants one, $25 shipped. Ties into the Ironman insert above the flippers. I may also have another war machine figure or two.

#1109 8 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

Man it's quiet over here compared to the Metallica club. I'm considering one of these to purchase and the Met people are winning the battle even though I love IM. They say it's not as deep and it may not keep your attention in the long run. I love the in your face fast pace that IM gives you, but does MET have more to shoot at? I'm on the fence here. Any helpful opinions?

IM>MET

#1110 8 years ago

I agree, but I'd say we're in the minority on this one.

#1111 8 years ago

I just picked up a ACDC Premium over a MET NIB.

MET is an awesome game though. I just do not like the band very much.

#1112 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I just picked up a ACDC Premium over a MET NIB.

Dude!! What did you pay? I am so jealous! Congrats bud.

#1113 8 years ago

Well, I'm in as of Allentown. Not only am I new to the game but also this is my first ever Stern table. This game alone has totally flipped my opinion of Stern games. At the rate we have been playing it, this thing is going to look like its been on route. That being said, what is most important to install early on to protect the game? I assume you guys prefer the mylar instead of the cliffys for both magnets? Have you felt the need to add cliffys elsewhere? Any advice for a NIB IMVE is welcome!

#1114 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Well, I'm in as of Allentown. Not only am I new to the game but also this is my first ever Stern table. This game alone has totally flipped my opinion of Stern games. At the rate we have been playing it, this thing is going to look like its been on route. That being said, what is most important to install early on to protect the game? I assume you guys prefer the mylar instead of the cliffys for both magnets? Have you felt the need to add cliffys elsewhere? Any advice for a NIB IMVE is welcome!

I have mylar on both my magnets. Goes on nice and is not noticeable. Pinball Life has them for cheap. No other protection mods on my IM.

If you don't have a shaker and sub, get them. They add a whole new dimension to the gameplay.

#1115 8 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I have mylar on both my magnets. Goes on nice and is not noticeable. Pinball Life has them for cheap. No other protection mods on my IM.
If you don't have a shaker and sub, get them. They add a whole new dimension to the gameplay.

It's funny you mention that, it's the one thing everyone seems to say is a must have for this game. I have a sub and adapter on order and the shaker is being installed tonight.

Quoted from Allibaster:

Has your IM held up pretty well thus far with just the mylar?

#1116 8 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I don't think that there is a pin that integrates a shaker better than IM.

And an external powered sub is a game changer on IM!

#1117 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Has your IM held up pretty well thus far with just the mylar?

No playfield wear. I just checked out the mylar, and they're getting chewed up a bit. They're probably due to be replaced.

My game's a 2010, FWIW.

#1118 8 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

My game's a 2010, FWIW.

Wow, that's awesome! How has the Iron Monger held up? Any broken plastics yet?

#1119 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Wow, that's awesome! How has the Iron Monger held up? Any broken plastics yet?

No broke plastics on mine. The Monger holds up well on all IMs, it seems.

#1120 8 years ago

Any one else in the club snag Laseriffic's latest IM mod? Looks great. Gives backboard some cool depth.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1121 8 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

I picked up a VE from a distributor and put it on location, had never had a chance to play it but man what an AWESOME game... and as a bonus it's now my #1 earning pin, Tron has finally been dethroned

Did you have it set to factory or a bit easier? it's so brutal even straight out the box. I could see it earning from the short games, but it could be frustrating too. I think extending the ball save is a nice thing for it on location.

#1122 8 years ago

Yes it would be interesting to see the ball times on location for sure.

#1123 8 years ago

Finally figured out Pinball browser.

Added ACDC Shoot to Thrill for War Machine multiball.

Makes it so much better and at reminds me more of the movie.

Loving my IMVE even more now.

#1124 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Jealous. Haven't a clue how to do that for myself. Good for you man.

#1125 8 years ago

Hey Iron Man fans!! Check out the newest mod from Laseriffic for IM owners. It's a topper for your flashers haha. Pretty cool idea.

http://www.laseriffic.com/p/mods/im-dome-flasher-toppers/

image.jpgimage.jpg image-629.jpgimage-629.jpg image-264.jpgimage-264.jpg image-91.jpgimage-91.jpg image-359.jpgimage-359.jpg image-871.jpgimage-871.jpg
#1126 8 years ago

Retry cool. How do they attach. Sticky on one side? Removable?

#1127 8 years ago

Exactly. Peel and stick. Easy and simple mod.

#1128 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Can you tutor Grinder and me? I don't even know where to begin.

#1129 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Can you do a video? Love to see and hear it!

#1130 8 years ago

I think the modders create these mods with Grinder in mind.
I do like these topper flashers.

#1131 8 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I think the modders create these mods with Grinder in mind.
I do like these topper flashers.

Ha! Well, they can guarantee at least one sale with me. Never met a mod for my games I didn't like.

I hope Joe will expand the flasher topper to other games as well.

#1132 8 years ago

Might have to make something like that out of chrome vinyl to stick on my flashers.

#1133 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I would love to do this! Does it take long?

#1134 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I would love to do this! Does it take long?

Nope, just open the song to audacity. (Free online mucic tool)
Open pinball browser, find the war machine music.

Then loop a bit of the shoot to thrill you think sounds good to the same length as the WM MB sound file.

Then just import it into sounds in pinball browser.

It takes longer to set up the music file the way you like it.
After that its one click and done.

Youtube is your friend. Lots of tutorials there.

#1135 8 years ago

Short video of lighted war machine, much better than being unlit.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1136 8 years ago

I've been playing a ton of Iron Man since I picked it up (pics still coming). My only two issues, and they're minor, is that the right ramp is super stingy and it rejects a lot of clean, hard shots and my Iron Monger does as well. It's a bit of a bummer when that right ramp rejects a perfect shot only to cause a center drain.

#1137 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I've been playing a ton of Iron Man since I picked it up (pics still coming). My only two issues, and they're minor, is that the right ramp is super stingy and it rejects a lot of clean, hard shots and my Iron Monger does as well. It's a bit of a bummer when that right ramp rejects a perfect shot only to cause a center drain.

That does not sound typical (the right ramp). Yes a rejected short shot will often drain....but a clean shot should fly up the ramp without issue....I've even backhanded that ramp on mine. Is there a flipper power setting?

#1138 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

That does not sound typical (the right ramp). Yes a rejected short shot will often drain....but a clean shot should fly up the ramp without issue....I've even backhanded that ramp on mine. Is there a flipper power setting?

I haven't touched the flipper power setting. I've left it at factory. It might be worth looking into. But even fast shots often choke at the turn and come back down.

#1139 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

If the iron monger spinner is rejecting the shots. And the ramp switch is causing the ball to stop and drop back down.
You need to adjust them. It is easy for the iron monger spinner to hang up on the lane guides on either side of it if not adjusted correctly. Or if the metal guides have become loose. The ball will hit the turn and loose momentum and drop back down.

And the ramp switch to hit the side of the ramp with a strong hit if it is misalligned.

Mine did this out of the box with a hard direct hit.
After tweaking and adjusting and bending them a bit they now work every time.

You just have to take off the glass and push the spinner side to side by hand and see if it touches anything in rotation. If it hits a side at all it needs adjustment.

Same goes for the ramp switch wire.

#1140 8 years ago

Sorry, I meant that a direct hit to the Monger itself wasn't always registering. It seems a little more consistent now, could just be a breaking in period. Had better luck with the ramp today, so we'll see if the game is still just settling in. It was NIB, so it might need a few tweaks and breaking in.

#1141 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Sorry, I meant that a direct hit to the Monger itself wasn't always registering. It seems a little more consistent now, could just be a breaking in period. Had better luck with the ramp today, so we'll see if the game is still just settling in. It was NIB, so it might need a few tweaks and breaking in.

IM sensitivity is adjustable...

#1142 8 years ago

Anyone have great custom Score/Instruction cards for IMVE?

Thanks, Brian

#1143 8 years ago
Quoted from BBC:

Anyone have great custom Score/Instruction cards for IMVE?
Thanks, Brian

I like the ones on the pinball cards site.
http://www.pinballcards.com/Pinball-Cards/Page/4

#1144 8 years ago

Had another crazy round of IM last night. Nearly had Do or Die lit, with only Monger and I think Whiplash to go. Was getting ready to start Monger multiball, and hit him too center and he fired it SDTM on me. I screamed like a banshee.

Then immediately played one more game. Then another. Then about 50 more in a row.

THIS GAME IS MADDENING!

I LOVE IT!

#1145 8 years ago

Two quick questions:

One: What size rubbers for the slingshots of IM? I can't find a rubber list in the manual or I'm missing it over and over.

Two: Looking to trade or sell my IMVE. It is HUO, has laserrific topper, speaker lights and acrylics, mirror blades, battlezone mod tied to pop bumpers, extra lights behind Monger, Iron Man shooter rod. Price check? I have seen IMVEs creeping up past 5K recently. Is $5400 fair?

#1146 8 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Two quick questions:
One: What size rubbers for the slingshots of IM? I can't find a rubber list in the manual or I'm missing it over and over.
Two: Looking to trade or sell my IMVE. It is HUO, has laserrific topper, speaker lights and acrylics, mirror blades, battlezone mod tied to pop bumpers, extra lights behind Monger, Iron Man shooter rod. Price check? I have seen IMVEs creeping up past 5K recently. Is $5400 fair?

I think it's a 2" but I'm not in front of the machine. One of mine popped last night and actually replaced it before going to bed.

Oh and no that price isn't fair......for you haha

Edit: no it looks like a 2 1/2" for the left rubber. The right one might be a different size though.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1147 8 years ago

Sad day as I have to leave the club today. IMVE simply has to go to make room. I couldn't believe this happened on my last game before I turned it off and folded it up, and all on ball 3. We part as good friends with a healthy respect for each other. Vale IM.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1148 8 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Two quick questions:

It's 2" on the right, 2.5" on the left.

#1149 8 years ago

Not always right but this might help:

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1150 8 years ago

Hi, i gotpinball browser all figured out and have changed the war machine multiball music.

I am wondering if anyone has any good suggestions on what music would suit whiplash multiball.

I Am having a hard time choosing something. ACDC songs dont really seem like they suit the mode.
So im looking for ideas.
I was thinking maybe part of this.

Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Mary, FL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fallston, MD
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,008 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.