(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,020 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Trekkie1978
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,020 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 101.
#1051 9 years ago
Quoted from OilGuy:

Bought a low play, HUO VE this weekend from a fellow Pinsider. What a fantastic game! I really like the fact that it is more of a rush to play than my other games. I hope that continues. I got about 50 games in and made it to Jericho only once. My 16 year old son has 5 games on it and made it to DOD twice and Jericho once. He's our Grand Champ with 86 million.

Congrats! I agree with the "rush" IM gives you. After a good game I feel both excited and exhausted at the same time.
Also, I press start again until I have a good game and always walk away after I do have a good game. This just works for me.
Your son sounds like a good player who is into pinball. That is awesome!

#1052 9 years ago

This is not a joke.....tonight every time Jarvis either announced "Fast Scoring" or "Double Scoring" I lost the ball without even getting a chance to flip it once....and don't even ask how Jericho went

I love this game!

#1053 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

This is not a joke.....tonight every time Jarvis either announced "Fast Scoring" or "Double Scoring" I lost the ball without even getting a chance to flip it once....and don't even ask how Jericho went

I love this game!

We call that mode Fast Draining around here. It often happens just like you describe.

Objectively, it makes sense that it happens often since the only way to start the mode is by hitting the targets in single ball play which generates side to side death.

Sometimes things line up nicely and Monger is ready to go and the ball can be banked off the targets into Monger to start multiball.

But when the Iron Man modes are running the sound effects are enjoyable.

Blowing stuff up is cool, heh heh, hmm, heh

Yeah, the game is addictive

#1054 9 years ago

Had DoD ready to rock and only one target left to set up double scoring.........then guess what happened......

#1056 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Had DoD ready to rock and only one target left to set up double scoring.........then guess what happened......

Same thing happened to me last night. I wasn't even risking going for the last IM target, but I couldn't hit that center spinner to save my life. My 7 year old daughter was playing with me and proceeded to nail it at least 3 times on her next ball...go figure. LOL

#1057 9 years ago

I hit the DOD jackpot last night at our league finals and upset the #1 seed! Got elimbinated in the next round though, but still proud of myself. Love IM.

#1058 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Risk = reward. Risk on IM = a kick in the crotch.

Could be a mod. The coin door comes open and a boxing glove comes out and.....

#1059 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Risk = reward. Risk on IM = a kick in the crotch.
Could be a mod. The coin door comes open and a boxing glove comes out and.....

I'll buy it!!! How much?????

#1060 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I'll buy it!!! How much?????

You (and anyone else who installed it) would be pummeled and on the floor in 2 minutes flat.

#1061 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

You (and anyone else who installed it) would be pummeled and on the floor in 2 minutes flat.

You would still play one more game though.

#1062 9 years ago

Bought this to go in my Iron Man room. Trying to figure out how to turn it into a mod:

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1063 9 years ago

You would still play one more game though.

So how are you liking your ST / IM combo now? I'm loving ST with the new code (liked it before) but they are a great combo I think. Both are fast; but one is more "flowy"speed and super deep and a longer haul.....the other is just super fast BAM, BAM, BAM and then your dizzy.

#1064 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So how are you liking your ST / IM combo now? I'm loving ST with the new code (liked it before) but they are a great combo I think. Both are fast; but one is more "flowy"speed and super deep and a longer haul.....the other is just super fast BAM, BAM, BAM and then your dizzy.

I don't really need another game with those 2. I am figuring out what to add with them and I am having trouble. I will go to Texas next weekend and that should help me work the things through.

#1065 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Bought this to go in my Iron Man room. Trying to figure out how to turn it into a mod:

Whenever you qualify War Machine, whip out that axe and play along to the awesome music.

#1066 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Whenever you qualify War Machine, whip out that axe and play along to the awesome music.

I think the first riff I want to learn is the into to Iron Man by Ozzy

#1067 9 years ago

Want folks to know that I have one plug and play Pinduino kit available for IM ready to be shipped:

PM if interested.

#1068 9 years ago
Quoted from Prof_Pinball:

Want folks to know that I have one plug and play Pinduino kit available for IM ready to be shipped:
» YouTube video
PM if interested.

Nice interactive kit. Painful way to end that game with DoD ready to go.

1 week later
#1069 9 years ago

Finally beat Jericho for the first time - woohoo! Didn't realize that 50M wasn't a hurry up and almost lost the ball hurrying up to hit it

#1070 9 years ago

Good job! Congrats!

#1071 9 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Finally beat Jericho for the first time - woohoo! Didn't realize that 50M wasn't a hurry up and almost lost the ball hurrying up to hit it

Defeating Jericho is extremely satisfying! Congrats!

#1072 9 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Awesome! What was your score?

#1073 9 years ago

125M range - finally got that damn G S default GC off the machine

#1074 9 years ago

Not necessarily Iron Man Pinball related, but it's pretty touching. Had to share.

#1075 9 years ago

Bought an IMVE a couple months ago, definitely understand the obsession with the game. Just added a SHAKER last night and WHOA!!! It just took it to a Another Level. After adjusting the translite from rattling, I still ended up adjusting the Shaker setting down from the Maximum setting.

This game is intense!

#1076 9 years ago

Yeah a shaker is a "must have" on IM. Had a pretty good run last night with several games busting 40,000,000.....but nothing epic. 2x scoring plus DoD still eludes me! Still, the number of sub 5,000,000 point games on this machine is shocking.........JUST ONE MORE!

#1077 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Yeah a shaker is a "must have" on IM. Had a pretty good run last night with several games busting 40,000,000.....but nothing epic. 2x scoring plus DoD still eludes me! Still, the number of sub 5,000,000 point games on this machine is shocking.........JUST ONE MORE!

IM does not respect you, but you will always respect it.

#1078 9 years ago

IM does not respect you, but you will always respect it.

So you're saying it's like a loaded gun.

#1079 9 years ago
Quoted from CastleRockIM:

Bought an IMVE a couple months ago, definitely understand the obsession with the game. Just added a SHAKER last night and WHOA!!! It just took it to a Another Level. After adjusting the translite from rattling, I still ended up adjusting the Shaker setting down from the Maximum setting.
This game is intense!

get a sub and it is even better. We loaned our IM to the local kids hospital for a few weeks but I was too lazy to include the sub (plus, it's a hospital!) and it is such a big difference

#1080 9 years ago

If adrenaline could kill, this machine would be on death row.

1st ball, Mach 6 complete, 2x running and started Whiplash to get DOD lit, collected shield during Whiplash MB to extend 2x scoring, had enough time to continue playing Whiplash before 2x timeout, Whiplash MB over and it's go go go time (seems like its always go time on IM), hit center spinner shot to start DOD and it kicked out off the spinner, had extra time with the kick out before DOD countdown to get 64 Mil, missed 2 or 3 times, ball down the center, turned into a Lazarus ball from under the left flipper, landed on the right flipper, flipped SUTM to collect full DOD 2x and start Jericho.

Got through most of Jericho with only Bogey ramps and one Whiplash shot left. Had Jericho rollover, so continued on ball 2, finished ramps and Whiplash but missed the Jericho jackpot, thought I was done. Turns out Jericho rollover keeps the jackpot lit. Collected Jericho jackpot on ball 3. Ended with 219 Mil, adrenaline pumping like crazy. The whole game lasted about 15 min.

#1081 9 years ago
Quoted from cr80:

If adrenaline could kill, this machine would be on death row.
1st ball, Mach 6 complete, 2x running and started Whiplash to get DOD lit, collected shield during Whiplash MB to extend 2x scoring, had enough time to continue playing Whiplash before 2x timeout, Whiplash MB over and it's go go go time (seems like its always go time on IM), hit center spinner shot to start DOD and it kicked out off the spinner, had extra time with the kick out before DOD countdown to get 64 Mil, missed 2 or 3 times, ball down the center, turned into a Lazarus ball from under the left flipper, landed on the right flipper, flipped SUTM to collect full DOD 2x and start Jericho.
Got through most of Jericho with only Bogey ramps and one Whiplash shot left. Had Jericho rollover, so continued on ball 2, finished ramps and Whiplash but missed the Jericho jackpot, thought I was done. Turns out Jericho rollover keeps the jackpot lit. Collected Jericho jackpot on ball 3. Ended with 219 Mil, adrenaline pumping like crazy. The whole game lasted about 15 min.

#1082 9 years ago

Nice.....anything over 10 minutes on IM and your in the 99th percentile!

1 week later
#1083 9 years ago

Got an IMVE on Thursday night. Spent WAY too much time on the weekend playing it (the wife's away which is PERFECT timing!).

Someone please tell me what just happened:
I had ALL of the Mark inserts lit. I had ALL of the character inserts lit AND flashing.
I couldn't make the middle spinner shot (had about 2 tries at it) before draining ball 3.

That would have got me into Do or Die multi ball, a VERY rare feat, correct?

Edit: I've just learned that all the inserts (characters anyway) start to flash when Do or Die countdown is ready to start. So that's what I had -not the full flashing for all characters for completing them all.

False alarm. Carry on.
Nothing to see here.

#1084 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Got an IMVE on Thursday night. Spent WAY too much time on the weekend playing it (the wife's away which is PERFECT timing!).
I had ALL of the Mark inserts lit. I had ALL of the character inserts lit AND flashing.
I couldn't make the middle spinner shot (had about 2 tries at it) before draining ball 3.
Edit: I've just learned that all the inserts (characters anyway) start to flash when Do or Die countdown is ready to start. So that's what I had -not the full flashing for all characters for completing them all.
False alarm. Carry on.
Nothing to see here.

Ok, yep I was about to call BS as even the best players in the world can't get there...

#1085 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

It would have got you to the regular DoD.....not DoD multiball. DoD Multiball is a Unicorn.....a Valkyrie.....a Chupacabra. Mortal men will never see it.

#1086 9 years ago

Oh...I did reach Jericho three games in a row tonight......had DoD lit on the first game but missed the shot!

#1087 9 years ago

I was back to back on the lighting of Do or Die, but missed the shot both times.
(meaning I had it lit two games in a row)

#1088 9 years ago

I was plying IM in only 3rd gear. I had the back pop up post enabled ever since I can rmember and it was slowing down the gameplay big time. I was in a slump the last few days and didabled the post and wow the game played so much faster. I was working deep on Jericho my 3rd game in.

Amazing how one little tweak of a game can make it play so much better. Just a tip for those with the rear pop post enabled.

#1089 8 years ago

Man it's quiet over here compared to the Metallica club. I'm considering one of these to purchase and the Met people are winning the battle even though I love IM. They say it's not as deep and it may not keep your attention in the long run. I love the in your face fast pace that IM gives you, but does MET have more to shoot at? I'm on the fence here. Any helpful opinions?

#1090 8 years ago

The layouts are similar shot wise but I wouldn't say it has more or less to shoot at. IM is a very fast game and you have to complete a set of tasks in that fast paced environment, which is not easy. It's very much like BSD on steroids, though IM has a lot more going for it. Games are typically very short, if you go 10 mins, that's a massive game. I think IM is less mode based. I like IM a lot better.

#1091 8 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

Man it's quiet over here compared to the Metallica club. I'm considering one of these to purchase and the Met people are winning the battle even though I love IM. They say it's not as deep and it may not keep your attention in the long run. I love the in your face fast pace that IM gives you, but does MET have more to shoot at? I'm on the fence here. Any helpful opinions?

I like MET, but do not like the band and the darkness of the pin and the art, although I respect it. I went to my friend's house and played his modded MET for like 20 games and really liked it, but don't feel like getting one.

I just love the theme and gameplay of IM. It is the most intense game I have ever played! I feel like I am really fighting this pin and if it whips my butt, I always get back in the ring for more. I walk away excited and exhausted at the same time after a 5 minute game. I just keep hitting start again. My favorite of all time.

Play both and decide. Both great games.

#1092 8 years ago

Just cleaned and waxed mine up. So fast and brutal.

I also did a factory reset so I could play the game as designed. I'd set iron monger to hard and had disabled the top post. It is a dramatically different game on factory settings then how I'd been playing it. Definitely harder with the monger coming up so much. These two changes (actually just going back to factory after years of otherwise) make it like a new game!

So, I agree with RobT on this...the game being harder on factory...but I've also always had my outlanes factory, which also keeps the game borderline unfair. but totally fun

#1093 8 years ago

I like MET, but do not like the band and the darkness of the pin and the art, although I respect it. I went to my friend's house and played his modded MET for like 20 games and really liked it, but don't feel like getting one.
I just love the theme and gameplay of IM. It is the most intense game I have ever played! I feel like I am really fighting this pin and if it whips my butt, I always get back in the ring for more. I walk away excited and exhausted at the same time after a 5 minute game. I just keep hitting start again. My favorite of all time.
Play both and decide. Both great games.

Thanks. I played both last week but MET was a little worn out or it seemed. It was in a bowling alley and it looked like it had been played a lot. The IMVE was in great shape and has only been there a couple months. I kept playing both and I left liking IM better. I like the theme too. How long have you had IM? Do you ever get bored with it?

#1094 8 years ago

My Iron Man arrives today. I'm preeeeeeetty stoked. It's a NIB machine, only the second one I've ever bought. Pics to come later.

#1095 8 years ago

very cool man.... congrats to you! who did you buy it from??

Quoted from jar155:

My Iron Man arrives today. I'm preeeeeeetty stoked. It's a NIB machine, only the second one I've ever bought. Pics to come later.

#1096 8 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

very cool man.... congrats to you! who did you buy it from??

A collector in Missouri. From talking to him, I don't get the feeling that he's on Pinside. I'll have to ask him again. He's had it NIB for a while, but he's moving and hasn't had a chance to open and set it up. The move prompted him to sell some pins, and I got lucky.

#1097 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Is it a VE?

Congratulations, can't wait to see the pictures.

#1098 8 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

Thanks. I played both last week but MET was a little worn out or it seemed. It was in a bowling alley and it looked like it had been played a lot. The IMVE was in great shape and has only been there a couple months. I kept playing both and I left liking IM better. I like the theme too. How long have you had IM? Do you ever get bored with it?

IM is the best "one more game" pin ever. I bought it in August of last year and I admit that it was very hard on me in the beginning because it was such a tough game. At first I had anxiety when I though about it sitting in the basement waiting for me to play it. Weird huh? I thought that maybe a I made a mistake by getting it, but then I manned up and dug into it. I realized a short game where you get your butt beat is all part of the experience and I slowly got better.

Once I played better I got addicted to IM and just hit start over and over. I can play 3 games in ten minutes before I head out the door! I only have 3 minutes! Ok one game of IM. When I had more time I made a rule that I can not walk away until I had a good game and when I had I good game I need to walk away. My goal is to not let IM make me feel dejected. It made me a better player for sure and all my other pins now seem like cake compared to IM.

IM is weird. It does not care how good you are. Lesser players beat good players on this all the time. It is great in tournaments. You can play a 4 player game on it and never have 10 minute breaks in between balls. Casual and expert players walk up to it and get beat badly and want to play again. This is rare for casual players. You can play 2 player with a casual player and not have them walk away as they wait. Kids enjoy it also.

You respect IM, but it does not respect you. It is like an arch rival. Yes it is simple, but hard to get through Jericho, so it is deep in that way. Those who say it is boring would rather do a corn maze, like LOTR, instead, which is fine, but put me in the front seat of a roller coaster, like IM, any day.

Did I mention it is the best "one more game" pin ever

#1099 8 years ago

I would like to join the club. I am near Chicago!!

#1100 8 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

Is it a VE?
Congratulations, can't wait to see the pictures.

Nope, 2010. I would have gone either way, but was looking at 2010s more by the end of my search. I got lucky. I think that the VE is probably a bit better in more ways, but there are some things about the 2010 that I prefer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 24.95
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,020 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.