(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,018 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 101.
#951 9 years ago

It seemed to improve it. I have been wanting to throwing another coat on as it's been a while since it was last applied.

#952 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

It seemed to improve it. I have been wanting to throwing another coat on as it's been a while since it was last applied.

Good to know, thanks! Back to IM.

#953 9 years ago

A local fellow Pinsider sent me a link to this piece of Iron Man art and I had to have it for my room:

image-781.jpgimage-781.jpg image-759.jpgimage-759.jpg
#954 9 years ago

Look, it's no 274 or 333 million but dammit I hit Do or Die for like only the third time ever. What a rush!!! Then I kicked over half of Jerichos ass before it got me. What a rush!!!

image-624.jpgimage-624.jpg
#955 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Look, it's no 274 or 333 million but dammit I hit Do or Die for like only the third time ever. What a rush!!! Then I kicked over half of Jerichos ass before it got me. What a rush!!!

image-624.jpg 153 KB

Nice!

#956 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

image-624.jpg 153 KB

Awesome score!

#957 9 years ago

So last weekend I was at the house hanging with the family and had the radio on and Ozzy's Iron Man comes on so you know I had to crank it up, go to the game and press start.

I have Pinball Browser but I'm not sure what im doing on there. I was thinking it would be pretty awesome to have Ozzy's song come on when the game came on during attract mode. Is this possible? Has anyone done something similar? How hard was it to do.

Anyone who has insight or experience please PM me. I would really appreciate it.

Ryan

#958 9 years ago

Look what just showed up (3 days early)!

2015_02_27_14_19_31_ProShot.jpg2015_02_27_14_19_31_ProShot.jpg

Now I know what you're thinking, "poor fella, he posted in the wrong thread". But no, for this is my SOMCIMVEITWB! That's - Single Owner Mint Condition Iron Man Vault Edition In The Wrong Box....duh.

Wasn't supposed to get here until Monday....but I'll take it. The really shitty part is that I'm leaving for the weekend and might not even be able to fire up a game before I have to go!! The irony.

#959 9 years ago

Delay your trip, play a game. Or three!

#960 9 years ago

It's kicking my ass already (big surprise). I did hit Jericho once but did absolutely nothing on it and finished under 30,000,000.

2015_02_27_16_16_45_ProShot.jpg2015_02_27_16_16_45_ProShot.jpg

2015_02_27_16_34_08_ProShot.jpg2015_02_27_16_34_08_ProShot.jpg

#961 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

It's kicking my ass already (big surprise). I did hit Jericho once but did absolutely nothing on it and finished under 30,000,000.
2015_02_27_16_16_45_ProShot.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
2015_02_27_16_34_08_ProShot.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Looks like your weekend trip has been delayed!

#962 9 years ago

Hey guys, I just picked up an IM 2010. Id really like to put some LEDS in her. LEDs choices are so overwhelming. Id really like to mimic the VE. I like it bright but not color bombed, but a little color would be ok. I checked out cointakers kit and for what I can tell it seems to be a lot of color blue.

Any recommendations? Has anyone made a list they can share. Do I need non ghosting?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

#963 9 years ago

Non ghosting for the inserts, super brights with the clear lens for GI.

#964 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

Hey guys, I just picked up an IM 2010. Id really like to put some LEDS in her. LEDs choices are so overwhelming. Id really like to mimic the VE. I like it bright but not color bombed, but a little color would be ok. I checked out cointakers kit and for what I can tell it seems to be a lot of color blue.
Any recommendations? Has anyone made a list they can share. Do I need non ghosting?
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks

Color match inserts with exception of the ramp scoring (warm white, yellow, orange, red) and Mark VI (Blue). Blue under outlane plastics. Red under iron man targets on the left and right. Warm and cool whites elsewhere. It'll look awesome.

DSC03861.JPGDSC03861.JPG

#965 9 years ago

That looks great Allibaster.

#966 9 years ago

Im trying to place an order for clear rubbers for IM. But the Stern manual is confusing and im at work and the game is not in front of me. Is there a list of the rubbers for IM somewhere?

What are your thoughts on the clear? good or bad choice? Should I just stick to white?

Anyone have a list they can share with me so I can order them tonight at work?

Thanks

#967 9 years ago

Finally got around to getting an LED backboard purchased from www.arcadeupkeep.com

It also dims during the game to reduce glare. Pretty awesome before and after pictures.

Before:

image.jpgimage.jpg

After:

image.jpgimage.jpg
#968 9 years ago

Finally finished Jericho, but missed the 50 million shot. Choked. I am a good, not great, player and I have been close so many times. Of coarse I had 5 bad games, where I scored from 3 to 9 million, before this game. That is why I always hit the start button, just one more time.

Now that I got a taste of it, I want that 50 million shot badly. It will give me something to keep shooting for.

#969 9 years ago

Off topic - any other games out there that give you the feeling you get while playing and after playing IM? You know that intense, exciting, yet exhausting feeling.

I am looking for my next pin and I kind of get that feeling with my ST Pro and want to add to it. I want more! Any tips would be great! Thanks

#970 9 years ago

I hear ACDC is like that.

#971 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Negatory.

#972 9 years ago

Oh I also wanted to throw a few pictures on here of the badass Prof_Pinball's ramp lights. Super game interactive. Here are a few still shots of when Monger or Whiplash is active:

image-794.jpgimage-794.jpg image-671.jpgimage-671.jpg
#973 9 years ago

I know that I'm still in the early "honeymoon phase" with IM (which is why I won't rate for a while) but Jesus H, I have never been sucked into a game like this before. Talk about pure adrenaline! The music, the speed....it's so damn intense. It kicks your ass but your not really pissed about it.....it's more like "that's it!" I'm going to kick you're ass IM!".........even though that hasn't happened yet

#974 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

ACDC is too hard for most people to understand or maybe keep the ball alive for more then a minute or so.

Sounds like someone was pimp slapped a few too many times by ACDC

#975 9 years ago

Grinder901 said:

Pimp77 said:
Negatory.

Quoted from smassa:

ACDC is too hard for most people to understand or maybe keep the ball alive for more then a minute or so.
Sounds like someone was pimp slapped a few too many times by ACDC

Sorry, I'm with Pimp77.....AC/DC just did not do it for me......thought for sure it would....but it didn't. I just didn't care for the rules on that one. It does have a few too many "cheap drains" as well; IMHO. I know some think IM is the same way...but it's not. The difference is that IM severely punishes you for missing the shot, AC/DC could punish you for making it!

Also the whole....hit this x number of times just got old real fast to me. It's still weird to me because I LOVE Ritchie pins and I love AC/DC music. Different strokes I guess.

#976 9 years ago

You don't like the ramp lights Rob? Too much? It looks better in person. Big wow factor but not always on and not distracting at all.

#977 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Off topic - any other games out there that give you the feeling you get while playing and after playing IM? You know that intense, exciting, yet exhausting feeling.
I am looking for my next pin and I kind of get that feeling with my ST Pro and want to add to it. I want more! Any tips would be great! Thanks

Tron and BSD.

#978 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Also the whole....hit this x number of times just got old real fast to me.

#979 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

You don't like the ramp lights Rob? Too much? It looks better in person. Big wow factor but not always on and not distracting at all.

I think it looks absolutely horrible!

Sorry, that's my honest opinion. Wouldn't even consider putting that on my IM.

#980 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Also the whole....hit this x number of times just got old real fast to me.

Thank God you *never* have to do that on IM!

#981 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think it looks absolutely horrible!
Sorry, that's my honest opinion. Wouldn't even consider putting that on my IM.

Haha!! I love the honesty. You know me, nothing subtle or understated. In person it adds a ton to the experience. It's very intense. To each their own though.

#982 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Also the whole....hit this x number of times just got old real fast to me. It's still weird to me because I LOVE Ritchie pins and I love AC/DC music. Different strokes I guess.

Perhaps it is just perception, but I always felt that everything on ACDC helped the player, even if they missed, which was a nice break from "hit this X times".

Every ramp helps toward Jam Multiball
Every target bank completion helps toward Album Multiball
Every orbit helps toward Tour Multiball.
Every bell shot is working towards the multiplier goal

If the player had a preference of where to play on the playfield, such as ramps or orbits, he could choose the song(s) associated with that. If the player was a wild and random flailer, then there were songs that would help in that department.

And of course being able to decide when to cash in the jackpots is really a neat idea.

I feel Iron Man and ACDC are 2 phenomenal games that generate adrenaline flowing, but there is no accounting for taste.

Play what you enjoy

#983 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

cough cough, gasp for air, DoDMB drone requirement, cough, cough...

#984 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Sorry, I'm with Pimp77.....AC/DC just did not do it for me......thought for sure it would....but it didn't. I just didn't care for the rules on that one. It does have a few too many "cheap drains" as well; IMHO. I know some think IM is the same way...but it's not. The difference is that IM severely punishes you for missing the shot, AC/DC could punish you for making it!

Lol really? Iron man doesn't have "cheap drains"? Even though I think that term is a cop out Ironman has as many punishing shots as ACDC. Shoot Monger the ball can be flung down the center or right towards a outlane. Same thing as whiplash. The thing about them and ACDC is you learn from what angle to shoot at these shots.

For example. Don't shoot TNT drops head on if possible from left flipper and save bell hits for MB to avoid center drain on return. Shoot edges of Monger to avoid magnet or bank shots off iron man standups into Whiplash.

Those that complain cause they chose a bad angle to shoot a risky shot from are just making excuses for poor play

#985 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yeah....I know...every game is essentially hit this or that x number of times. Can't really explain it but doing it on AC/DC just wasn't that "fun" for me while doing it on IM is crazy fun. I read all the rules on AC/DC played it daily for over three months and it just didn't "click". That's just how it goes in pinball.

I don't care for TZ either.....#2 all time but I don't find it overly engaging or "fun". Same with WOZ.

And while I totally get why LOTR is ranked were it is, it also was not a keeper game for me. Horrible multiplayer game and you better have some time set aside before you hit that start button. I'd rather play 30 consecutive games of IM then potentially one long one of LOTR.

#986 9 years ago

Whirlwind! I've always felt like IM plays like a souped up System 11, and this is for my money the best of that class.

#987 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I know that I'm still in the early "honeymoon phase" with IM (which is why I won't rate for a while) but Jesus H, I have never been sucked into a game like this before. Talk about pure adrenaline! The music, the speed....it's so damn intense. It kicks your ass but your not really pissed about it.....it's more like "that's it!" I'm going to kick you're ass IM!".........even though that hasn't happened yet

I've had mine for about 5 months and still feel like I'm in the honeymoon phase. Absolutely love this game.

#988 9 years ago

I'll tell you the real problem with IM. No one is selling them. It sucks for those of us who are looking for one. Just goes to show how good it is. If you own one and don't have the headphone hook up, get it. Great fun

#989 9 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

I'll tell you the real problem with IM. No one is selling them. It sucks for those of us who are looking for one. Just goes to show how good it is. If you own one and don't have the headphone hook up, get it. Great fun

You want one or have one?

#990 9 years ago

Think he wants one

#991 9 years ago

You want one or have one?

I'm looking to buy one but nothing even in driving distance to check out. I live in Mass.

Post edited by bushz: spelling

#992 9 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

I'm looking to buying one but nothing even in driving distance to check out. I live in Mass.

I picked one up about 30 min north of you this past weekend. They are out there.

#994 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

I picked one up about 30 min north of you this past weekend. They are out there.

Did you find it on pinside? I keep checking but no luck...yet. Did you get 2010 or the VE?

#995 9 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

Did you find it on pinside? I keep checking but no luck...yet. Did you get 2010 or the VE?

No not on pinside, you need to get on some of the new England forums. I picked up a 2010. If your looking for a VE I don't think youll have to look to hard. I wanted to save the money, and im very happy with the 2010.

#996 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

No not on pinside, you need to get on some of the new England forums. I picked up a 2010. If your looking for a VE I don't think youll have to look to hard. I wanted to save the money, and im very happy with the 2010.

I'm on the BPA, but I haven't seen much on that one lately. Did you buy the one from Lanes and Games?

#997 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

Well there are over 2x as many 2010's as there are VE's.....but both pop up. Keep looking and you'll find something sooner or later. I ended up getting mine shipped but it was a weird set of circumstances that led to that. Put up a "wanted" add here on Pinside.

I'd love to see Stern do another run.....everyone who wants one should have the chance to buy it....I could care less about the resale value......crank'em out.

#998 9 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

I'm on the BPA, but I haven't seen much on that one lately. Did you buy the one from Lanes and Games?

Yes that's the one! What are you looking for, ill keep an eye out for ya.

#999 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Well there are over 2x as many 2010's as there are VE's.....but both pop up. Keep looking and you'll find something sooner or later. I ended up getting mine shipped but it was a weird set of circumstances that led to that. Put up a "wanted" add here on Pinside.
I'd love to see Stern do another run.....everyone who wants one should have the chance to buy it....I could care less about the resale value......crank'em out.

I agree 100%. Make more. The demand seems to be there.

Thanks

#1000 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

Yes that's the one! What are you looking for, ill keep an eye out for ya.

I would like to get a IMVE if possible. Mike is the guy you bought from and he had two VE's three weeks ago and I was in the process of selling my JD. He sold the NIB and kept the other one for L&G. I missed out. Mike is a good guy with good prices. I actually played your game when it first was set up at L&G. I wish Stern would do another run.

How are you liking it? Did it have a lot of wear? I know it got played at L&G.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.