(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,018 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 101.
#901 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I looked at the clock this morning and realized I had 9 minutes before I had to leave for work. So I fired up IM for 2 or 3 games. I was on fire! First game, i hit do or die leading right into the worst Jericho ever.

What a total rush... And I STILL left for work early! Such a short game, yet so much satisfaction. Yeah, hitting the do or die shot was pure luck on my part, and I really need to stop flailing in Jericho. But just wow. Love this game.

Nailed it. When people call this game shallow, as a criticism, I just feel they don't get it at all.

#903 9 years ago

Completed Jericho last night. This is my 3rd time completing it.

IMG_0450-2.JPGIMG_0450-2.JPG
#904 9 years ago

Brandon from Arcade Upkeep made me these. Thanks Brandon!

image.jpgimage.jpg
#905 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

IMG_0450-2.JPG 151 KB

My favorite part of this picture is that it's score number 4

#906 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

My favorite part of this picture is that it's score number 4

My score could have been a decent bit higher, but I completely failed at DoD. Drained the ball then started Jericho on the next.

My best score was when I nailed DoD for the full 50 million (version 1.4), then went straight to Jericho, and completed that during 2x and scored a nice 100 million points.

#907 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

My score could have been a decent bit higher, but I completely failed at DoD. Drained the ball then started Jericho on the next.
My best score was when I nailed DoD for the full 50 million (version 1.4), then went straight to Jericho, and completed that during 2x and scored a nice 100 million points.

Ahhhh. You're a 1.4 guy, huh?

#908 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Brandon from Arcade Upkeep made me these. Thanks Brandon!

image.jpg 264 KB

I think you've crossed the line into "gaudy" a ways back...

#909 9 years ago

Added backbox lighting in back.
And a flasher inside to light up the arc reactor on the translight when all marks are completed.

CAM00248.jpgCAM00248.jpg

#910 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Open the outlanes man and update the code!

#911 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I think you've crossed the line into "gaudy" a ways back...

Thank you.

Quoted from erak:

Added backbox lighting in back.
And a flasher inside to light up the arc reactor on the translight when all marks are completed.

CAM00248.jpg 153 KB

How much was your Backbox lighting? Where did you get it from?

#912 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Open the outlanes man and update the code!

We've been through this before.

Neither one of these things is going to happen.

#913 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Thank you.

How much was your Backbox lighting? Where did you get it from?

There is an electronics place by my work. They sell everything. Thats where I get all my capacitors, transistors, bridges etc. To do repairs.
They sell all kinds of led strips, lights, controllers.

The red led strip behind the backbox was $12 and I tied it into the 12v.

The 89 flasher socket in the chest was $1

And I just bought a color changing led strip with a sound controller for under the cab.
Or I might put it in the speaker grills.
It was $30 with 10ft of wire, controller with remote and a 2ft R.G.B strip.

So for everything after taxes not even $40 Canadian.

#914 9 years ago

FINALLY got to Do or Die! And somehow did something to collect 100,000,000 points! Double scoring on Do or Die or I think maybe I beat Jericho? It kept telling me what to shoot ("Shoot Whiplash", "Shoot Bogey Ramp") and I wound up beating that. That's Jericho, right?

My heart is still pounding.

IMG_4188.JPGIMG_4188.JPG

#915 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

FINALLY got to Do or Die! And somehow did something to collect 100,000,000 points! Double scoring on Do or Die or I think maybe I beat Jericho? It kept telling me what to shoot ("Shoot Whiplash", "Shoot Bogey Ramp") and I wound up beating that. That's Jericho, right?

IMG_4188.JPG 187 KB

Awesome!

Since you say you got DoD, and you also described Jericho, it means that DoD gave you 2x scoring for the rest of the ball. Completing Jericho gives 50 million x2 = 100 million! That is exactly how you get the big scores on IM!

Your last sentence sums up why I love this pin so damn much!

Edit: If this was your first time collecting the DoD jackpot, you picked a great time to do it since you completed Jericho right after that...which is a lot harder to do than collect DoD.

#916 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

IMG_4188.JPG 187 KB

Nice score!

Yes, you were describing Jericho. Beating that mode is no easy task on factory settings.

Surviving the side to side outlane onslaught is brutal, because there are so many standup targets that are going to result in pure chaos.

#917 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

IMG_4188.JPG 187 KB

Great job! How long did it take you like 9 minutes?

Now go relax and play WCS.

#918 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Awesome!
Since you say you got DoD, and you also described Jericho, it means that DoD gave you 2x scoring for the rest of the ball. Completing Jericho gives 50 million x2 = 100 million! That is exactly how you get the big scores on IM!
Your last sentence sums up why I love this pin so damn much!
Edit: If this was your first time collecting the DoD jackpot, you picked a great time to do it since you completed Jericho right after that...which is a lot harder to do than collect DoD.

Ok that's what I thought it was, DoD into Jericho. Completing Jericho was NOT easy, but by God it was thrilling!

#919 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Great job! How long did it take you like 9 minutes?
Now go relax and play WCS.

Lol that's a reason I love IM. Short, intense games.

#920 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Lol that's a reason I love IM. Short, intense games.

Me too!!! A 5 minute game feels massive. I play a lot of different game from a lot of different eras. But IM has something special. The only change I've made is that I will not play it first anymore. I have it setup like a ski slope, and all my other games feel distorted after a few games on IM.

#921 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Me too!!! A 5 minute game feels massive. I play a lot of different game from a lot of different eras. But IM has something special. The only change I've made is that I will not play it first anymore. I have it setup like a ski slope, and all my other games feel distorted after a few games on IM.

I agree, IM is special. Last weekend kids were going crazy when they beat the Iron Monger and hit the War Machine kickback at my son's 9 year birthday party. They were yelling! It was awesome!

Rare that 9 year olds, who have never played pinball before and very experienced players both love IM!

#922 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I will not play it first anymore . . . all my other games feel distorted after a few games on IM.

Same here!!!

Mike in Kentucky

#923 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've gotten Do or Die 3 tymes and beat Jericho twice on my VE ,, Such a Satisfaction !!

Then the next tyme i play it ,, IM Kick's my Azz ,, Gotta Love it !!

Also , I have 2 of the Monger decal's left ,, PM me if U want 1 ..

IM & etc 004.jpgIM & etc 004.jpg
IM & etc 005.jpgIM & etc 005.jpg
IM & etc 006.jpgIM & etc 006.jpg

IM & etc 007.jpgIM & etc 007.jpg

#924 9 years ago

Just sent the cheque!
Waiting patiently for my new IMVE to arrive.
Sigh.

2 weeks later
#925 9 years ago

It looks like IMVE has dried up with the distributors. Anyone who is on the fence on buying one, VE or original, should not wait anymore and just snap it up if it is local and at a fair price. IMHO.

#926 9 years ago

Got mine! A beautiful IMVE. Proud to be a member of an elite club. Only took me 51 years before I finally got my first pin. First pin and best pin.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#927 9 years ago
Quoted from crazzzycanuuuk:

Got mine! A beautiful IMVE. Proud to be a member of an elite club. Only took me 51 years before I finally got my first pin. First pin and best pin.

image.jpg 160 KB

Great! now get ready to have your ass handed to you repeatedly

#928 9 years ago

I simply love Marvel, Iron Man and this pin! I wanted to post a link to my new Limited Edition IM topper. Info, pics and video are on my webpage.

www.tilttopper.webs.com

pro mock. copy.jpgpro mock. copy.jpg
#929 9 years ago
Quoted from crazzzycanuuuk:

image.jpg 160 KB

Congrats! I know a lot of 41 one year olds who look older than you do and even worse, they do not like pinball.

#930 9 years ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

I simply love Marvel, Iron Man and this pin! I wanted to post a link to my new Limited Edition IM topper. Info, pics and video are on my webpage.

that looks great. How does it fix onto the top of the pin? Does it plug into an external electrical outlet or into the pin? Does it interact at all with what's doing in the pin?

Your web site says orders end Feb 8th?

Thanks.

p.s. need one for Tron next.

#931 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

that looks great. How does it fix onto the top of the pin? Does it plug into an external electrical outlet or into the pin? Does it interact at all with what's doing in the pin?
Your web site says orders end Feb 8th?
Thanks.
p.s. need one for Tron next.

Thank You. The IM topper has L-style feet with Velcro strips for easy mounting. It also has a 7' harness and plug that connects directly to the empty 5v/12v connector in the front of the machine. It has the pulsating center light as well as 4 other light sources. It does not flash with the machine but many people have modified my other topper's lights to react with the pop bumpers or flashers. We have 42 orders so the run will be 50 only. So you can still order until those 8 are gone. This is a Limited Edition run and comes with a signed and numbered tag. There will never be any more made. Thanks

#932 9 years ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

Thank You. The IM topper has L-style feet with Velcro strips for easy mounting. It also has a 7' harness and plug that connects directly to the empty 5v/12v connector in the front of the machine. It has the pulsating center light as well as 4 other light sources. It does not flash with the machine but many people have modified my other topper's lights to react with the pop bumpers or flashers. We have 42 orders so the run will be 50 only. So you can still order until those 8 are gone. This is a Limited Edition run and comes with a signed and numbered tag. There will never be any more made. Thanks

And as soon as they are made, they'll ship? So the order you bought is the order in which they'll ship? Was annoyed with my first NIB purchase IMVE that I bought within an hour of the announcement but had to watch others get theirs first. Yea first world problems but still.

#933 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

And as soon as they are made, they'll ship? So the order you bought is the order in which they'll ship? Was annoyed with my first NIB purchase IMVE that I bought within an hour of the announcement but had to watch others get theirs first. Yea first world problems but still.

Yes, they are shipping in the exact order that they were reserved. I'll have to check but I'm almost positive your in the first batch

#934 9 years ago

It looks like IMVE has dried up with the distributors. Anyone who is on the fence on buying one, VE or original, should not wait anymore and just snap it up if it is local and at a fair price. IMHO.

Does that mean it's safe for us IM-2010 owners to show our faces again?

#935 9 years ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

We have 42 orders so the run will be 50 only. So you can still order until those 8 are gone. This is a Limited Edition run and comes with a signed and numbered tag. There will never be any more made. Thanks

Just ordered one. If I like it, I'll get the STLE

I do have a question: Why so limited?

I could use Tron and X-Men next.

#936 9 years ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

Yes, they are shipping in the exact order that they were reserved. I'll have to check but I'm almost positive your in the first batch

Thanks Dan, your customer service is top notch.

#937 9 years ago

Thanks for the order. The IM topper is Limited because of the complexity of the build. It needs to be built in stages. It's not cost effective to be building them one at a time over the next months. I also have many other topper projects in design right now and the next few months will be very busy. I am actually working on a custom X-men for a client right now and just finished a custom Hulk topper. here's a peek...

hulk pic final-2.jpghulk pic final-2.jpg
hulk pic final-4.jpghulk pic final-4.jpg

#938 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Does that mean it's safe for us IM-2010 owners to show our faces again?

Oh yeah, the 2010's play great! I would buy either VE or original if I did not own IM already.

#939 9 years ago

Man! Just had a really terrible ball 1 and ball 2 (like, shameful), but then on ball three the perfect storm hit. Had bogey running, started fast scoring, started war machine, stacked whiplash on top of that. Crazy go nuts! After that pile ended (bogey still running) I nailed Do or Die for 34 mil, then started 2x scoring and right into Jericho! Good grief! Lost it on a monger magnet throw to the outlane pretty fast there.

Still only ended up with 93 mil. But damn that was fun.

#940 9 years ago

I'm looking for one specific plastic (pictured). Anyone happen to have one from a broken up set? If not, any ideas where I might track one down?Screen Shot 2015-02-15 at 7.21.30 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-02-15 at 7.21.30 PM.png

#941 9 years ago

Just joined the club and I'm patiently waiting for my IMVE to get here. I think it will pair very nicely with my ST Pro.... very different games.

#942 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Just joined the club and I'm patiently waiting for my IMVE to get here. I think it will pair very nicely with my ST Pro.... very different games.

Oh, heck yeah! My 2 Sterns are IM and ST and I love to go back and forth playing them. They both have incredible ramps, play fast and have great flow. I play IM for a quick game and ST for a longer play. I could just have those 2 in a 2 pin collection and I would be happy.

If you like HS2, like I do, you will love IM.

#943 9 years ago

Oh, heck yeah! My 2 Sterns are IM and ST and I love to go back and forth playing them. They both have incredible ramps, play fast and have great flow. I play IM for a quick game and ST for a longer play. I could just have those 2 in a 2 pin collection and I would be happy.
If you like HS2, like I do, you will love IM.

Love HSII....I've considered selling it several times and can just never pull the trigger....so I've given up on the idea of selling that one.

#944 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Love HSII....I've considered selling it several times and can just never pull the trigger....so I've given up on the idea of selling that one.

Yeah, I go back and forth sometimes also, but my HS2 plays so well and has never given me a problem, so it will be around for a while.

You fortunate to get an IM. They are drying up a little bit. Congrats!

#945 9 years ago

Yeah, I go back and forth sometimes also, but my HS2 plays so well and has never given me a problem, so it will be around for a while.
You fortunate to get an IM. They are drying up a little bit. Congrats!

That's exactly why I'm keeping mine. I've never had to repair anything on it! I plays super smooth and I've added a lot of nice touches. I've never run into another HSII that plays as smooth.

My IMVE is a mint HUO with a lot of nice added "extras"....including the shaker motor. Can't wait for it to arrive.

#946 9 years ago

IM owners need to check out this mod for the ramps. I just got mine and installed it. Wow!!! I'll post a video tonight if I can.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-interactive-ramp-lights-chase-lamps-part-2/page/2

#948 9 years ago

Also I saw a quote in another thread saying "I sold my IM because I was not playing any of my other pins anymore.". LOL. I can relate. T2 is gone and WCS get little play. It is some play on HS2, more ST Pro and a lot of IM.

#949 9 years ago

A friend and fellow IM owner recommended this Mod.
amazon.com link »

Yea I got a can for my Black Wifow ramp on my Avengers LE. My IM ramps are plenty fast for me though.

image-130.jpgimage-130.jpg
#950 9 years ago

Did it work on Avengers on the BW ramp?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.