(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_2 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_1 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_3 (resized).jpg

There are 5,008 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 101.
#851 9 years ago

I think he means the ball comes half way down then has to exit out the square side cut. Happens some times.

#852 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I think he means the ball comes half way down them has to exit out the square side cut. Happens some times.

I've never had it happen. Not once. I think there is a leveling issue.

#853 9 years ago

Never had it happen. ~1000 games so far. I have my back legs all the way up, and front legs all the way down.

#854 9 years ago

Got mine set with the shooter lane level bubble in the middle.

#855 9 years ago

You still need to level left to right

#856 9 years ago
Quoted from JohnDelNJ:

Got mine set with the shooter lane level bubble in the middle.

Now that is set to Slow speed ,, My bubble is N the middle of the Top line . I Like Speed !!

#857 9 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

Never had it happen. ~1000 games so far. I have my back legs all the way up, and front legs all the way down.

I've not had that happen either, I set my game up the same way.

What I DO have happen, though, is the ball hits the rubber stop at the end and bounces backwards a bit instead of falling right into the lane...anyone else have that? Only on the left side, right side never does that. It's like the ball is going so fast it ricochets backwards off that stopper...

#858 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I've not had that happen either, I set my game up the same way.
What I DO have happen, though, is the ball hits the rubber stop at the end and bounces backwards a bit instead of falling right into the lane...anyone else have that? Only on the left side, right side never does that. It's like the ball is going so fast it ricochets backwards off that stopper...

I've had that a few times...no biggie to me.

#859 9 years ago

Wow... I just had a crazy game, and with my newly installed shaker... Damn!

So first ball, I don't really hit what I want, and end up going for some easy orbits and raise the monger. I play the multiball and lose the ball without much drone or whiplash progress... Second ball I get the monger going again(I don't know, all those orbits weren't planned!), finish it with a super Jackpot, then get the ironman going together with bogey, warmachine and stack in a whiplash.
I get the to do or die, and collect 30 out of the 35 millions after bricking the shot once, and screaming as the ball were heading for SDTM, but managed to recover it. - Audits say I only collect 50% of the Do or Dies I start... The nerves man!

Anyway, I proceed with the Jericho and DAMN! I'm doing well, and get it all out of the way one by one... Monger, Drones, Whiplash, Ironman and after bricking the Warmachine shot a few times I get it, and just as I collect the 10 million, I lose the ball ending my Jericho... I honestly thought I had completed it, I never got this far before..
Finished the game at around 140 millions, my biggest score in the month I have had the machine, but nothing amazing compared to the scores I hear you guys get. Amazing for me nonetheless.

Went into audits and saw I had completed Jericho level 5, but never completed level 6... So I guess there is another layer afterwards? Or do the bogey ramps count too?

Man, Im pumped now

#860 9 years ago

You've got to get the bogey ramps too.

#861 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

You've got to get the bogey ramps too.

Awww, I didn't even attempt them

But that's good.... Still a goal to reach! (I've given up on Do or die multiball )

#862 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Now that is set to Slow speed ,, My bubble is N the middle of the Top line . I Like Speed !!

Ok, I'm going to crank up the back legs and see where that gets me.

#863 9 years ago

Finished the game at around 140 millions, my biggest score in the month I have had the machine, but nothing amazing compared to the scores I hear you guys get. Amazing for me nonetheless.

Completely obliterates my GC score of like 60 million! I've yet to get to Do or Die.

#864 9 years ago

More LEDs added to an already stupidly bright game image-122.jpgimage-122.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Yes, I'm in pajamas

#865 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Completely obliterates my GC score of like 60 million! I've yet to get to Do or Die.

Do or die is a weird thing to me...

It's so hyped up, but it's over so fast...

Still, it's an extremely cool mode, as nerves etc are maxed out and the only shot that matter seems impossible to hit all of a sudden

#866 9 years ago

Put up a new high tonight, completed Jericho and got DD bonus ( not dd mb). I have generous extra balls set at 15, 50, 100 and 175 and Jericho carries over, but the score is still huge for me. Game took less than 10 mins. It's really a great game, the outlanes and the slings are deadly.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#867 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Put up a new high tonight, completed Jericho and got DD bonus ( not dd mb). I have generous extra balls set at 15, 50, 100 and 175 and Jericho carries over, but the score is still huge for me. Game took less than 10 mins. It's really a great game, the outlanes and the slings are deadly.

image.jpg 153 KB

All that in 10 minutes! Noticed that the big game that was played by someone on LOTR the other day took 1 1/2 hours!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/valinor-a-10-year-quest-completed

#868 9 years ago

Oh wow!! I just had 3 out of the 5 modes flashing! Ironman targets, Iron Monger and Whiplash.

During the War Machine multiball, I got to the end, but failed to hit the Warmachine shot, which effectively would have made it 4 out of 5 modes completed!!

Despite all this, I felt so far away from Do Or Die multiball since the Drones has to be cleared 4(!!!) times... It sucks! But at least I got as close as I have ever been just now..

#869 9 years ago

Got CLOSE to Do or Die last night, had a killer (for me!) stacked War Machine/Whiplash. New GC of 82 million.

THIS. GAME. IS. AWESOME.

#870 9 years ago

Oh wow..

I just had my weirdest game on IM so far...

I got to Do or Die within 2 minutes of playing. My single ball play was really good, but my multiball play was super poor.
I end up not collecting the Do or die bonus, yet start Jericho some time after.
I lose the ball and use ball 2 to get progress.
During ball 3 I get to do or die AGAIN! Once again, I am unable of collecting the bonus...

2 Do or dies, 1 Jericho, only 37 million... I don't even...

#871 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Got CLOSE to Do or Die last night, had a killer (for me!) stacked War Machine/Whiplash. New GC of 82 million.
THIS. GAME. IS. AWESOME.

82MIL without Do or Die is pretty amazing.

#872 9 years ago

Oh wow..
I just had my weirdest game on IM so far...
I got to Do or Die within 2 minutes of playing. My single ball play was really good, but my multiball play was super poor.
I end up not collecting the Do or die bonus, yet start Jericho some time after.
I lose the ball and use ball 2 to get progress.
During ball 3 I get to do or die AGAIN! Once again, I am unable of collecting the bonus...
2 Do or dies, 1 Jericho, only 37 million... I don't even...

37 MIL is a very solid score, but..........knowing the background story makes it brutal for the reader.

Weird indeed.

#873 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

37 MIL is a very solid score, but..........knowing the background story makes it brutal for the reader.
Weird indeed.

I didn't know if I should laugh or cry

#874 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

THIS. GAME. IS. AWESOME.

Not too shabby! I bet IM will make you play your other games better also. It worked like that for myself. IM is one of the few pins that "fights you back"! Glad you are enjoying it.

#875 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

All that in 10 minutes! Noticed that the big game that was played by someone on LOTR the other day took 1 1/2 hours!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/valinor-a-10-year-quest-completed

Yeah, it is interesting.

Talk about time relativity:

10 minutes on Iron Man can make a player feel like a pinball god.

However, I think 10 minutes on LOTR is the factory default DTR time

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#876 9 years ago

""Put up a new high tonight, completed Jericho and got DD bonus ( not dd mb). I have generous extra balls set at 15, 50, 100 and 175 and Jericho carries over, but the score is still huge for me. Game took less than 10 mins. It's really a great game, the outlanes and the slings are deadly.""

Can I ask how do you get extra balls, or set up.. cant seem to adjust that , i've played 850 games and have been awarded 24 it says in the audits.. to my knowledge i've only seen EB once, sad to say that out of all those games only one at score of 124 and ONLY 20 times above 50mil at factory settings ... should never have looked at the audits

#877 9 years ago

I get the extra ball every 100 games or so. It's a random award from completing shield and collecting at war machine. If you have any multiball or mode running, it's going to add a ball or extend timer, thus ruling out the possibility of the extra ball.

#878 9 years ago

I didn't know if I should laugh or cry

Sometimes all you can do is laugh at the nature of pinball

When someone posts a phenomenal score or achievement, while many players will believe it at face value and congratulate the player, there are often posts of:

Pictures or it didn't happen
Did you have the glass on
What were your outlane settings
How many balls

BUT...post a low score, or a combination of weird results, and somehow more people accept it (and can share in the experience), because nobody tries to create a fake tale of low score weirdness and that's what makes it worth laughing about, not crying.

So, thanks for sharing, and yes, been there, done that

#879 9 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

""Put up a new high tonight, completed Jericho and got DD bonus ( not dd mb). I have generous extra balls set at 15, 50, 100 and 175 and Jericho carries over, but the score is still huge for me. Game took less than 10 mins. It's really a great game, the outlanes and the slings are deadly.""
Can I ask how do you get extra balls, or set up.. cant seem to adjust that , i've played 850 games and have been awarded 24 it says in the audits.. to my knowledge i've only seen EB once, sad to say that out of all those games only one at score of 124 and ONLY 20 times above 50mil at factory settings ... should never have looked at the audits

The lack of an earnable extra ball is my single biggest complaint about the Iron Man code.

#880 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Put up a new high tonight

Oh wow!! I just had 3 out of the 5 modes flashing!

Quoted from RDReynolds:

Got CLOSE to Do or Die last night

10 minutes on Iron Man can make a player feel like a pinball god.

Quoted from RDReynolds:

Completely obliterates my GC score of like 60 million!

I swear at Iron Man more than all my other machines combined.

#881 9 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Can I ask how do you get extra balls, or set up.. cant seem to adjust

If I understand your question correctly, go into standard adjustments:

Standard adjustment 1: replay type - fixed
Standard adjustment 3: extra ball
Standard adjustment 4: replay levels, select the number you want, 4 in my case
Standard adjustment 7-10: select the point levels you want.

#882 9 years ago

When I want to play PINBALL, I play IM. Just never gets old to me.

#883 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If I understand your question correctly, go into standard adjustments:
Standard adjustment 1: replay type - fixed
Standard adjustment 3: extra ball
Standard adjustment 4: replay levels, select the number you want, 4 in my case
Standard adjustment 7-10: select the point levels you want.

Going to try that tonight, thanks. Just had a quick game . And there it was eb 25..

#884 9 years ago

I've got mine set for fixed extra ball rewards at 10, 20,30, and 40. Jericho does not carry over. It's nice to know you can get a little more rope if you just hit the next reward. I will be changing the point levels soon. I set it like that at first just to help me out and learn the game. But now that I get Jericho almost every game, I will raise the levels.

#885 9 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

I've got mine set for fixed extra ball rewards at 10, 20,30, and 40.

#886 9 years ago

Ya I know, I'm that bad that I need those extra ball rewards set so low. But hey, I'm new to pinball. When I first got IM a few months ago, I was lucky to get a 10 Mil game. So if I did score that much, the game would continue with those settings. Now I have to man up a bit, ok, a lot. I gotta figure out how to use nudging and make outlane saves, I've no luck with such things yet.

#887 9 years ago

I kinda wish pins had a "god mode" like some video games. Unlimited balls, but your score is ineligible for the high scores ranking. Just so I could see some of the later modes in my games. I would prefer that to taking the glass off and cheating that way, which I have yet to do. Or, is the concept of a "god mode" anathema to pinball?

#888 9 years ago

The lack of an earnable extra ball is my single biggest complaint about the Iron Man code.

Just followed post 81 and its perfect, an earnable extra ball, to set to your own taste!

Good tip, thanks!

#889 9 years ago

Finally lit up Do or Die!

And then immediately drained.

#890 9 years ago

Better get used to that...

#891 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Finally lit up Do or Die!
And then immediately drained.

The other week I hit DOD with a shot right up the middle, but the ball did not quite make it up and around to the right to register and you know where the ball goes if it comes back down from the center. SDTFN'M! Still my favorite pin of all time though.

The Colts gonna take this game this weekend or what?

#892 9 years ago

Topper came in the mail. Going to add my Iron man helmet and some Leds to it.

CAM00246.jpgCAM00246.jpg
#893 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

The other week I hit DOD with a shot right up the middle, but the ball did not quite make it up and around to the right to register and you know where the ball goes if it comes back down from the center. SDTFN'M! Still my favorite pin of all time though.
The Colts gonna take this game this weekend or what?

I sure hope so, as think Denver is our absolute best possible matchup. It would be death to go to Foxborough, as the Pats are a horrible mismatch. Gonna have to be a lot of quick passes tho as our o line will get overrun. Hopefully Andrew is more good Andrew than what we were you thinking Andrew. If we don't turn the ball over I think we win.

#894 9 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Better get used to that...

I'd just be happy to get back there! Practice practice practice!

#895 9 years ago

Does anyone else find the callouts in this game awesome? Other than the occasional instructional callout, the rest are really fun. I particularly like the random movie callouts. Some of them are pretty funny.

#896 9 years ago

I get the extra ball every 100 games or so. It's a random award from completing shield and collecting at war machine. If you have any multiball or mode running, it's going to add a ball or extend timer, thus ruling out the possibility of the extra ball.

This is not true. I've had extra ball be the shield award during a multiball 3 or 4 times now. I was super surprised when it first happened.

Also, I don't like extra balls set for replays. I used to do that too. But none of that logic makes any sense to me, so if you're having a good game and hit that replay mark, now you're going to have...an even better game? It should be the other way around if you think about it. I just turn up the extra ball percentage up another 8% above factory. Then I set special award to extra ball and turn that up another 8% above factory too. You end up getting an extra ball from time to time, but not too much.

#897 9 years ago

Question...the both lights on the very bottom left on my machine (where the ball feeds into the left flipper) are having issues. Since it's both of them, I am sure it is a loose wire. However, I went underneath my play field to check, and there's a piece of black cardboard stapled over it? It's a VE, any idea what on earth they did there? I assume no harm, no foul in taking that cardboard off?

#898 9 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Does anyone else find the callouts in this game awesome? Other than the occasional instructional callout, the rest are really fun. I particularly like the random movie callouts. Some of them are pretty funny.

I wish they weren't QUITE so random...although I do absolutely love it when I have a horrible drain and Obadiah says, "Well, that went well."

#899 9 years ago

I looked at the clock this morning and realized I had 9 minutes before I had to leave for work. So I fired up IM for 2 or 3 games. I was on fire! First game, i hit do or die leading right into the worst Jericho ever.

image.jpgimage.jpg

What a total rush... And I STILL left for work early! Such a short game, yet so much satisfaction. Yeah, hitting the do or die shot was pure luck on my part, and I really need to stop flailing in Jericho. But just wow. Love this game.

#900 9 years ago

Jericho is great. You got so much to do. Several magnets to overcome, side to side motion by shooting Ironman-targets etc, meanwhile every shot has several explosions... Add in a shaker and it's just AMAZING!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
$ 26.50
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Mary, FL
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fallston, MD
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,008 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.