(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,509 posts
  • 314 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by maffewl
  • Topic is favorited by 100 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 744 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2752 (resized).jpg
B6024FA0-545B-4A39-B92D-315B307BDE4E (resized).jpeg
41E42D32-1E27-4290-A09F-B8A29CC796C5.jpeg
4D3D5EAB-A0BC-4FC6-AC38-6575A3FB3147.jpeg
65ACE028-551D-425D-B9F5-945B147B16E5.jpeg
FF2A9D48-8CC7-43CF-A751-484B4001D24E.jpeg
thumbnail-1 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail-7 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail-6 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail-4 (resized).jpeg
2222 (resized).jpg
5555 (resized).jpg
1111 (resized).jpeg
4444 (resized).jpg
3333 (resized).jpg
6B4EDA35-0993-4F30-AF5F-D7BB6DF40329 (resized).jpeg

There are 3509 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 71.
#751 4 years ago

What do you think of the clear and red rubbers before I put Ramps back onimage-974.jpgimage-794.jpgimage-224.jpgimage-875.jpgimage-279.jpgimage-128.jpgimage-963.jpg

#752 4 years ago

I put clear on mine. Don't like how it plays. But haven't made the effort to take 'em back off yet either.

#753 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I put clear on mine. Don't like how it plays. But haven't made the effort to take 'em back off yet either.

how do they play? was white better playing

#754 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I love the clears, dont worry about EptheGeek. He needs all incandescents and white rubbers

#755 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I love the clears, dont worry about EptheGeek. He needs all incandescents and white rubbers

Thanks

#756 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

They're too thick is the biggest problem. All openings get smaller because of the thickness, outlines, top lanes, etc. Plus they look crappy when they get pulled tight and the tightest parts turn opaque.

#757 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

They're too thick is the biggest problem. All openings get smaller because of the thickness, outlines, top lanes, etc. Plus they look crappy when they get pulled tight and the tightest parts turn opaque.

Pics of the outlines please.

#758 4 years ago

I have had my IM VE for two days now and man . . . games on this pin are the shortest I've ever had in my life! It's like no time and you are on your last ball. For you purists, you will shudder, but I put it on 5 ball play. That only extended the game about a minute and a half! Ha. So, I took everything off of Factory Pre-set and put everything on "Easy", and maxed out ball save. I got a lot of excitement but barely racked up any more points. I was still pressing the 'Start' button almost as much as the flippers!

Next was tinkering with those outlanes that gobble balls so quickly that you can't even see 'em going down. I moved the two posts to the narrow holes. Hell . . . they ate the next balls as fast as if I had done nothing to them. And don't let me get started on the STDTM!

I hate to 'cheat' anymore, but I'd like to have more than a 3 minute game. Looks like I'm heading toward setting it on 10 balls, a potential 50 "Extra Balls", and putting rubber bands on the outlanes to block them off.

#759 4 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I have had my IM VE for two days now and man . . . games on this pin are the shortest I've ever had in my life! It's like no time and you are on your last ball. For you purists, you will shudder, but I put it on 5 ball play. That only extended the game about a minute and a half! Ha. So, I took everything off of Factory Pre-set and put everything on "Easy", and maxed out ball save. I got a lot of excitement but barely racked up any more points. I was still pressing the 'Start' button almost as much as the flippers!
Next was tinkering with those outlanes that gobble balls so quickly that you can't even see 'em going down. I moved the two posts to the narrow holes. Hell . . . they ate the next balls as fast as if I had done nothing to them. And don't let me get started on the STDTM!
I hate to 'cheat' anymore, but I'd like to have more than a 3 minute game. Looks like I'm heading toward setting it on 10 balls, 50 extra balls, and putting rubber bands on the outlanes to block them off.

Welcome to the club!!! You'll get better, it'll get easier but it will always kick your ass.

#760 4 years ago

I have a NOS pf on the way at some point when Stern gets them back in, getting some Auto clear on it as well, cant wait to do swap. Gotta love Ironman should take all of ~5~ hours to swap.

Although, Im sure Ill ultrasonic a bunch of stuff.....

#761 4 years ago

clear rubbers all the way - looks great with the light coming through! Oh and if you haven't seen, Dead Flip is doing Iron Man all this week: www.twitch.tv/dead_flip (even NOW!)

1 week later
#762 4 years ago

Just installed my Whiplash mod w/cool white chest led and coil 'd Whips w/ El wire installed. They R Bright. Thank U Biglaw 4 the mod

1416454422513.jpg
1416454469378.jpg

1416454623309.jpg
#763 4 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Just installed my Whiplash mod w/cool white chest led and coil 'd Whips w/ El wire installed. They R Bright. Thank U Biglaw 4 the mod

The whips are bright? Cripes. Is there an uncontained nuclear reactor under your PF?

*squints*

#764 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The whips are bright? Cripes. Is there an uncontained nuclear reactor under your PF?
*squints*

Just take your bifocals off.

Unknown.jpeg

1 week later
#765 4 years ago

I am Thankful for modders. Just installed Hooked's newest Iron Man mods. He has some great stuff for the speaker panel as well as the apron. Thanks Robert!

www.hookedonpinball.com

image-981.jpg image-881.jpg image-233.jpg image-717.jpg
2 weeks later
#766 4 years ago

Knock knock.
Who's there?
DaveH and Iron Man!

Oh my. I bought it on a whim. I've had it for a few days now, and holy crap! What a game. I set it up completely jacked, set everything to hard, added a subwoofer, and let it fly. It's brutal in the best way possible. It took about 10 games on it to understand what all the fuss is about.

I do have an issue with airballs. Right off the flippers it can get air, and off also off the monger plate. Once its airborne it can get crazy if it hits a drone target, so I need to get that squared away quick. But even with that, just wow. What an exciting game!

#767 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Knock knock.
Who's there?
DaveH and Iron Man!
Oh my. I bought it on a whim. I've had it for a few days now, and holy crap! What a game. I set it up completely jacked, set everything to hard, added a subwoofer, and let it fly. It's brutal in the best way possible. It took about 10 games on it to understand what all the fuss is about.
I do have an issue with airballs. Right off the flippers it can get air, and off also off the monger plate. Once its airborne it can get crazy if it hits a drone target, so I need to get that squared away quick. But even with that, just wow. What an exciting game!

Did your wax your game? I wouldnt recommend that, as it would make the balls go crazy

#768 4 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

Did your wax your game? I wouldnt recommend that, as it would make the balls go crazy

Looks like it was the Monger really causing the big ones (although I've only played a few games since adjusting it). The back of the top plate was too low and the front just a speck too high. So when balls hit the lip the got air, then off stuff in the back and would smack around.

And I think I'm already addicted to the game!

#769 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Looks like it was the Monger really causing the big ones (although I've only played a few games since adjusting it). The back of the top plate was too low and the front just a speck too high. So when balls hit the lip the got air, then off stuff in the back and would smack around.
And I think I'm already addicted to the game!

Best "one more game" pin ever IMHO. Enjoy!

#770 4 years ago

*Insert dirty joke of balls+lips*

#771 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Best "one more game" pin ever IMHO. Enjoy!

Agreed!

#772 4 years ago

iron man is my favorite game with headphones,,,such a rush with the gun shots in your ears..

#773 4 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I am Thankful for modders. Just installed Hooked's newest Iron Man mods. He has some great stuff for the speaker panel as well as the apron. Thanks Robert!

Where did you get that display and speaker panel? Looks awesome.

#774 4 years ago

stay away from monger shots when it's raising or lowering imho

#775 4 years ago
Quoted from spideynhb:

stay away from monger shots when it's raising or lowering imho

Dangerous shot or it could damage the mechanism?

#776 4 years ago

you can airball pretty easy (glass!) so unpredicatability/damage (and getting the ball stuck in weird place!) and eventually you're going to dent/damage the plastic cover of iron monger. When the ball goes airborne you've lost control, and there's so many things you already can't control already in this game...

#777 4 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Where did you get that display and speaker panel? Looks awesome.

Thanks. Speaker panel decal was from Pingraffix. Speaker and apron lights are courtesy of Hooked

#778 4 years ago

Seriously beautiful machine Grinder.

#779 4 years ago

Thanks bro. I am about to start a new thread challenging RobT to an Iron Man pin off.

#780 4 years ago

tumblr_nf4w2oI8P31s2wio8o4_500.gif

#781 4 years ago
Quoted from spideynhb:

Seriously beautiful machine Grinder.

Is your name Justin? Did you buy my Original Iron Man? How's it treating you?

#782 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Iron Man is my favorite game with headphones,,,such a rush with the gun shots in your ears..

Better than ACDC? I have one of your kits, need to decide.

#783 4 years ago

I'm joining the club.

I just brought home my second IM! After selling my first one, I had my eye on another. Once the VE came out, I figured I'd get one. I was able to find a HUO with about 200 plays on it.... practically brand new. The only mod is the shaker. I'm gonna pimp her hard!

#784 4 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'm joining the club.

I just brought home my second IM! After selling my first one, I had my eye on another. Once the VE came out, I figured I'd get one. I was able to find a HUO with about 200 plays on it.... practically brand new. The only mod is the shaker. I'm gonna pimp her hard!

Nice! Hook that puppy up to an external sub!

#785 4 years ago

I asked this in the IM VE thread but didn't get a reply so i figured id ask here:

1) To get 2x Do or Die you hit the 7 IM Stand-Up Targets (after 5 characters lit), have a specified amount of time to hit center shot to active DoD then hit center shot again?

2) Is it possible to get higher then 2x DoD? If so, how?

-

An issue I noticed starting yesterday is when I activate Iron Monger and the ball is held by the center shot popup post there is a loud buzzing. Ive read that maybe I need to adjust the coil stop? Im not sure how the mechanism works, so any help would be appreciated.

thanks!

#786 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I asked this in the IM VE thread but didn't get a reply so i figured id ask here:
1) To get 2x Do or Die you hit the 7 IM Stand-Up Targets (after 5 characters lit), have a specified amount of time to hit center shot to active DoD then hit center shot again?
-
An issue I noticed starting yesterday is when I activate Iron Monger and the ball is held by the center shot popup post there is a loud buzzing. Ive read that maybe I need to adjust the coil stop? Im not sure how the mechanism works, so any help would be appreciated.
thanks!

Hey Zentron, didn't that gal, Sunshine?, you came to the tourney with a week and a half ago hit a double do or die or is that a rumor I just started? I thought John mentioned that happened on his IM. If she did ask her (and if she did she is awsome!). If I am wrong - opps.
Merry Xmas to you and your family and friends.

#787 4 years ago

Yes, I had the high score on game as I got midway through Jericho until her game below:

We played Sunday at a local place for Gridiron Greats Assistance Fund. We met in the winners final where we beat me and again in the tourney finals and she beat me again! She is going to represent the Carolina Panthers in the Vegas tourney.

We're thinking of heading to the tourney on 1/3 to represent Atlanta Falcons..

I forgot to mention, I take some credit for her IM victory as we played mine at my house Thursday evening for a good bit.

#788 4 years ago

ZenTron , Is it True U took Big Mama to yr room after she Whoop'd Yr Azz on IM ?

#789 4 years ago

BR, You're such a romantic!

#790 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Yes, I had the high score on game as I got midway through Jericho until her game below:
» YouTube video.

Nice, 59 million jackpot on that one! There is one thing playing tons of games at home and posting that score, but it is very hard to show up at a tournament and pop 87 million during competition.

I talked with her for a while and she is really nice. I saw her story on the Bash also. Glad that she enjoys people so much and is so great at it.

#791 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

-
thanks!

You have to start double scoring via the 7 IM standups. So you have to have completed fast coring already. Then you hit any standup to start double scoring and then hit the center shot to start do or die. The you hit the center shot again for 2X do or die. Very difficult to line up all together. I've got about 500 plays on my IMve and I've done it once.

I don't think you can go more than 2X. There are no other multipliers.

Good luck!

#792 4 years ago

Idiotic question here that I have probably already asked...how do you get to Do or Die? Do you have to complete Jericho?

#793 4 years ago

Do or Die jackpot is completing all the modes in 1ball then activating it with a center spinner shot…..Do or Die multiball is simply unattainable unless your are the most heinous OCD offender.

#794 4 years ago

So it requires completion of Jericho?

#795 4 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Not sure, I was at a party a few weeks ago and they had the glass off trying to finger it out, it was a mystery to them...

#796 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Do or Die jackpot is completing all the modes in 1ball then activating it with a center spinner shot…..Do or Die multiball is simply unattainable unless your are the most heinous OCD offender.

Qualifying Do or Die only requires *playing* all the modes in one ball not completing them.

All modes need to be completed/won to reach Do or Die Multiball. (Need not be on the same ball).

#797 4 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

No. Jericho and Do or Die are two separate, disjoint items.

#798 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Qualifying Do or Die only requires *playing* all the modes in one ball not completing them.

True dat!

#799 4 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

..how do you get to Do or Die?

Play all the character modes during one ball. When all characters have been played once during the same ball, they will all pulse in unison. Hit the center spinner to start the Do or Die mode, hit it again to collect the hurry up award.

#800 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

You have to start double scoring via the 7 IM standups. So you have to have completed fast coring already. Then you hit any standup to start double scoring and then hit the center shot to start do or die. The you hit the center shot again for 2X do or die. Very difficult to line up all together. I've got about 500 plays on my IMve and I've done it once.
I don't think you can go more than 2X. There are no other multipliers.
Good luck!

Academically, it could be done. In practice, I seriously doubt it.

After achieving the Do or Die award, everything is 2x the remainder of the ball. So reach Do or Die again (in the same ball), and activate 2x from the IM targets. Should be 4x award.

Again,...in theory.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 26.95
$ 50.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Solon, OH
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3509 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 71.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside