(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,016 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 101.
#501 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

It'll be hard to wipe the slobber and keep my boner out of the way as I play though.

LOL! That's good shit right there.

#502 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

It'll be hard to wipe the slobber and keep my boner out of the way as I play though.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

Amen Brother!

#503 9 years ago

See I think all the add ons due kind of add to gameplay. Does it change how the ball moves on the playfield, no. But does all the other mods and add ons make it a more enjoyable experience? I think it does. Do flashers in a game add to gameplay, or having better speakers, or a better light show, or even different color lights, no. But adding a sub or mirror blades, and powdered hardware and additional lighting effects, to me makes it a more enjoyable experience. There are so many people now making mods and pimping out their machines, and it's becoming such a big aftermarket that I think many others feel the same way.

#504 9 years ago

image-903.jpgimage-903.jpg

Got her home today after my very patient GF followed me on a 4 hour round trip to trade two pins toward IMVE. It took a while for IM to grow on me, playing it at a few different friends', but it struck me when I finally had a few good games on it that it is Stern's version of BSD, very simple in what you have to do to score well, just infuriating and near impossible to have a good game consistently because it's so hard.

I almost traded the two pins toward an Avatar, glad I spent a little more and got an IM. While I like the theme and art on Avatar more, IM is unquestionably a much better game.

As for talk of mods, I like them (mirror blades have become mandatory to me lately, most games look incomplete without them somehow)but wouldn't sink the kind of money people do into the refinery editions or ones that border on the cost of a cheap pin.

#505 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

#506 9 years ago

Seeing double double, double vision

image-391.jpgimage-391.jpg image-628.jpgimage-628.jpg
#507 9 years ago

I do like pinball_customs translite

are you going to switch those grinder?

#508 9 years ago

Great question. Not sure if it will fit honestly. If I do it'll be the last thing I change on the VE. I've already noticed several differences. Both are still beautiful. And kick your ass 9/10.

#509 9 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

mirror blades have become mandatory to me lately

Did you put mirror blades on you IMve? Where do you buy them? I'm thinking of adding them...

Who has the best price?

#510 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Did you put mirror blades on you IMve? Where do you buy them? I'm thinking of adding them...
Who has the best price?

Haven't shopped around on prices, I just got them at the distributor where I got the machine, Little Shop Of Games. Looks awesome on IM, very cool seeing the reflection when the balls are returning on the ramps. Also have mirror blades on my SM and T3, love them on those as well.

#511 9 years ago

T minus 1 hour and counting for IM VE unboxing.

#512 9 years ago

Unboxed and in the lineup.

IMG_1785.JPGIMG_1785.JPG
#513 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Is that possible? I love IM but the dots are pretty turrible.

I was going to ask how the old IM DMD was, the dots on VE look bad.

But if I had to give up something for better lighting I'm OK with that as the DMD is not a great priority for me.

#514 9 years ago

got my super hero lineup
image-476.jpgimage-476.jpgimage-968.jpgimage-968.jpg

#515 9 years ago

Can someone tell me/post a pic of how to adjust the monger lid? Mine sits a hair too high all the way around.

#516 9 years ago

Hey where does this Cliff protector go? Right side under the black rail? Like in the shooter lane?

image-591.jpgimage-591.jpg
#517 9 years ago

Selling the black Stark Industries top I have. Email me if like it. See pictures below. thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-iron-man-topper

#518 9 years ago

What happens if you have both DOD hurry up AND Jericho MB ready to start? I had that last night and couldn't make the center shot (with 2 balls!).

#519 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What happens if you have both DOD hurry up AND Jericho MB ready to start? I had that last night and couldn't make the center shot (with 2 balls!).

I thought you always get Jericho if you start DOD?

#520 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Hey where does this Cliff protector go? Right side under the black rail? Like in the shooter lane?

Yes, right side under black rail. There's one screw under the playfield that you need to loosen. Don't remove the screw all the way just enough so you can slide it in there. Adjust it so it fits properly in the shooter lane then clamp the rail down with a C clamp. Tighten the screw and you're done.

#521 9 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I thought you always get Jericho if you start DOD?

Nope.

It often works out that way though.

For example, you need to start Bogey scoring to get to Jericho, but not to start DoD. You need to get to Mark 6.

#522 9 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

Yes, right side under black rail. There's one screw under the playfield that you need to loosen. Don't remove the screw all the way just enough so you can slide it in there. Adjust it so it fits properly in the shooter lane then clamp the rail down with a C clamp. Tighten the screw and you're done.

Thanks, I'll check it out when I get home

#523 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You'll get DoD first, and when you "Do" hit the jackpot you'll start Jericho. So DoD first, then Jericho.

#524 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Nope.
For example, you need to start Bogey scoring to get to Jericho, but not to start DoD. You need to get to Mark 6.

Ah ok. Picking up my IMVE tonight so hopefully I can experience it for myself! First Nib

#525 9 years ago

is the stark topper like the ones on ebay?

#526 9 years ago

Well I had a lot of help from a local pinsider, Richard, who went above and beyond and we put the decals in for my IMVE. I'll post pics of the whole process and thoughts on the Iron Man side decal thread. But long story short, I really like them a lot. Very kick ass!!

image-378.jpgimage-378.jpg
image-890.jpgimage-890.jpg
image-35.jpgimage-35.jpg

#527 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Nope.

Starting Bogey is not a requirement for Jericho. The 6 marks can be earned without it.

These goals earn Marks

Shield rollover completion (1 allowed)
Monger MB (1 allowed)
War machine MB (1 allowed)
Whiplash MB (1 allowed)
Each Iron Man Target completion (3 available)
And of course starting Bogey (1 allowed)

#528 9 years ago

Finished Jericho for the first time today. I didn't know there was a "jackpot" shot at the end.

#529 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Finished Jericho for the first time today. I didn't know there was a "jackpot" shot at the end.

Excellent! Good job!

#530 9 years ago

So there are 8 opportunities to earn Marks?
What about "collect enough Drones to light War Machine flasher" but not actually start MB?

thanks

Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Starting Bogey is not a requirement for Jericho. The 6 marks can be earned without it.
These goals earn Marks
Monger MB (1 allowed)
Whiplash MB (1 allowed)

#531 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

So there are 8 opportunities to earn Marks?
What about "collect enough Drones to light War Machine flasher" but not actually start MB?
thanks

Yes, there are 8 ways to earn 6 Marks which is why I mentioned Bogey is not required.

Collecting drones will not earn a Mark level unless the code has changed. War Machine has to be started to earn the Mark level.

#532 9 years ago

I just played RobT Ironman 2010 version and it is as nice as it gets ! Very fun game .

#533 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

These goals earn Marks
Monger MB (1 allowed)
Whiplash MB (1 allowed)

Ah, I didn't realize that multiple Marks could be earned with each IM Target completion.

I'm pretty sure that I've never start Jericho without getting Bogey scoring going first.

Quoted from McCune:

I just played RobT Ironman 2010 version and it is as nice as it gets ! Very fun game .

It was fun playing! Wish we had more time. Glad you are digging your IMVE.

1 week later
#534 9 years ago

Question for IM original owners. Does it have that thing that makes the centre spinner gate smaller during DoD, or is that just in the VE??

#535 9 years ago

Extra ball! How the hell do u lite it?

#536 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Extra ball! How the hell do u lite it?

"Lite extra ball" is randomly awarded by collecting the shield reward. Lite all 6 shields and collect it at the War Machine shot. Randomly, it will light extra ball.

#538 9 years ago

I've got one black Stark topper in black if anyone needs one. Email me at [email protected] $100 shipped USA. $125 shipped anywhere in the world.

IMG_2701.JPGIMG_2701.JPG IMG_2710.JPGIMG_2710.JPG IMG_2708.JPGIMG_2708.JPG
#539 9 years ago

I got the red one to match my powder coating. The black one would look great with the stock black trim.

image-210.jpgimage-210.jpg
#540 9 years ago

Grinder did you get the speaker inserts along with the topper. If so can you take a pic. Trying to decide between those or the acrylic ones. Thanks

#541 9 years ago

Yea I got both. I will be putting the speaker decals on in a few days, this weekend is no good for me. I think they look great though and match the topper perfectly. I think I'll take out the speaker grill ( is that necessary?) and just use these decals.

image-91.jpgimage-91.jpg image-520.jpgimage-520.jpg image-915.jpgimage-915.jpg
#542 9 years ago

I say, why not get all three?

#543 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Question for IM original owners. Does it have that thing that makes the centre spinner gate smaller during DoD, or is that just in the VE??

#544 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Yea I got both. I will be putting the speaker decals on in a few days, this weekend is no good for me. I think they look great though and match the topper perfectly. I think I'll take out the speaker grill ( is that necessary?) and just use these decals.

image-915.jpg 108 KB

image-91.jpg 183 KB

image-520.jpg 169 KB

You have the acrylics and are taking them out to put in the red metal ones. Which one do you like best?

#545 9 years ago
Quoted from Nightstick:

You have the acrylics and are taking them out to put in the red metal ones. Which one do you like best?

I'll let you know as soon as I put the new ones in. It prob won't be till Sunday or Monday. Someone else might have there's in before me so hopefully they post some pics soon.

I think the acrylics look fantastic though so we will see.

#546 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

"Lite extra ball" is randomly awarded by collecting the shield reward. Lite all 6 shields and collect it at the War Machine shot. Randomly, it will light extra ball.

Thanks for that. Collecting the shields awards mystery goodies?

#547 9 years ago

Couple of mods. Backboard gi lighting and apron from Gio

#548 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Thanks for that. Collecting the shields awards mystery goodies?

Yeah, when you get all 6, the shield will light at the war machine shot. It was award a mystery goody. Usually an add a ball, time extender, or a multiplier.....rarely an EB

1 week later
#549 9 years ago

Pinside is giving a good showing for IM ownership!

Iron Man kicks ASS.jpgIron Man kicks ASS.jpg

#550 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Pinside is giving a good showing for IM ownership!

Iron Man kicks ASS.jpg 216 KB

I bet the number of pinsider owners about doubled.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.