(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,018 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 101.
#451 9 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

I need Iron Man in my house soon... I can't seem to think about anything else right now which isn't good for my job.
I'm thinking about selling my T2. What would you guys pair with IM between ACDC Prem, MET Pro and LOTR? I love all three themes.

If you went with ACDC you would have two pretty brutal pins in your lineup. MET is a bit more forgiving, and LOTR has much longer game/ball times than the rest.

I love all the pins mentioned though, and currently own IM, ACDC and MET.

#452 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If you went with ACDC you would have two pretty brutal pins in your lineup. MET is a bit more forgiving, and LOTR has much longer game/ball times than the rest.
I love all the pins mentioned though, and currently own IM, ACDC and MET.

I'm leaning towards MET Pro because of the price. Going to call JJ tomorrow and see if I can work out a good deal. Need him to take some inventory from me to make it happen.

So if you had to trim your lineup down to 2 machines and you were going to keep IM what would the 2nd pin be?

#453 9 years ago

Alright, I pulled the trigger on MET Pro. So I'll be getting IM and MET Pro delivered next week. Woohoo!

Thanks JJ!

#454 9 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

I'm leaning towards MET Pro because of the price. Going to call JJ tomorrow and see if I can work out a good deal. Need him to take some inventory from me to make it happen.
So if you had to trim your lineup down to 2 machines and you were going to keep IM what would the 2nd pin be?

AFM.

But it's a pretty special AFM.

#455 9 years ago

Tron

#456 9 years ago

Got My West Coast Shipment (first batch) coming from Stern today, Then will turn and ship out to final customers from Denver. Next Batch is Going to East, and south.

Ironmans are Shipping!! YAY!!

P.S. I'm calling/emailing on final payments, if you still owe your Distro Final payments I recommend you get them in are get in touch with them so they don't get held up.

JJ

#457 9 years ago

So still no idea how many were produced in this run?

#458 9 years ago

If someone wants a free interactive undercab kit from Mezelmods, I need one person to work with me going through all the flashers/low current coils to collaborate on colors. This kit as I have advertised before, uses all flashers and motor mechanisms. The colors I use are red, yellow, green, blue, white, purple and orange. US only.

#459 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Thanks can't wait for the shooter rods Brock. Thanks for the advice, I'll do that tonight to the bulbs.
I upgraded to the 1/4 inch, beveled playfield glass from that Bob's glass website.
Either post a few hot toys pictures or better yet please email me: [email protected]
You rock man. I'll need your Monger decal too

Here you go!

20140709_212736.jpg20140709_212736.jpg 20140709_213725.jpg20140709_213725.jpg 20140709_215158.jpg20140709_215158.jpg
#461 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

If someone wants a free interactive undercab kit from Mezelmods, I need one person to work with me going through all the flashers/low current coils to collaborate on colors. This kit as I have advertised before, uses all flashers and motor mechanisms. The colors I use are red, yellow, green, blue, white, purple and orange. US only.

I have some volunteers, I will notify who it is. Thanks.

#462 9 years ago

Just curious how people feel about where IM is ranked on the top100. I mean it's nice to be top30 but do people think that's too low or about correct?

Even if we take out all BW games to clear away the BW fans it's just bottom top10 modern Stern

LOTR
SM
AcDc
Tron pro/LE
Met
TSPP
ST
Met pro
ST pro

IM
XMLE

#463 9 years ago

I'd put it under Tron Pro

#464 9 years ago

I would move it up 2 spots under TSPP at least (then again I am not a big fan of some of the top rated games)

#465 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just curious how people feel about where IM is ranked on the top100. I mean it's nice to be top30 but do people think that's too low or about correct?
Even if we take out all BW games to clear away the BW fans it's just bottom top10 modern Stern
LOTR
SM
AcDc
Tron pro/LE
Met
TSPP
ST
Met pro
ST pro
IM
XMLE

The real take away is how good Stern games really are. Of the Sterns I've played the most: LOTR,SM, ACDC, yes, I think IM is in their class. I've played and enjoyed the other games you list, and personally think IM is better.

RobT called it right on this: IM is for Adrenalin junkies!!!

#466 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Actually I did, and Rob adapted it.

#467 9 years ago

I think its the best playing Stern made. Maybe not the best art or dots, but everything else gets a very high rating for me.

My Stern ratings for the games listed, for games I've played a few game on, would probably be
IM
Met
ACDC
Tron
ST
SM

#468 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The real take away is how good Stern games really are. Of the Sterns I've played the most: LOTR,SM, ACDC, yes, I think IM is in their class. I've played and enjoyed the other games you list, and personally think IM is better.

I agree, while I have by no means played every game, but to me, the Stern games (even so called average game) like PotC is a very nice game.

I don't like to say Tron is better than LOTR (although I think it is, or I prefer Tron). So I don't like to say this or that s too high or too low. But overall looking at the top10 list of Stern, I feel they have done quite a few things well over these past 10 years.

#469 9 years ago

Official Stern pix just posted on their FB too: https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10152546379149244

10435067_10152546376004244_8559596534456572329_n.jpg10435067_10152546376004244_8559596534456572329_n.jpg(more at the link)

#470 9 years ago

Tired of the stock flippers so why not?

image-978.jpgimage-978.jpg image-737.jpgimage-737.jpg
#471 9 years ago

Looking forward to seeing pics of IMVE from new members to the Club!

#472 9 years ago

alright i admit, your score is going to be really friggin hard to beat. but i sure am having fun trying! i get soooo close to getting all the characters then in a blink of an eye the ball is gone. ok one more game...

#473 9 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

i get soooo close to getting all the characters then in a blink of an eye the ball is gone. ok one more game...

this is why it's so good

#474 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I think its the best playing Stern made. Maybe not the best art or dots, but everything else gets a very high rating for me.
My Stern ratings for the games listed, for games I've played a few game on, would probably be
IM
Met
ACDC
Tron
ST
SM

Stern are really hitting out of the park lately. Even mustang has already some loyal followers and a fan base. Here's my rankings. Only of games I've played: haven't played lotr.

Acdc prem
Tron
Star Trek
IM
Metallica le
BDK (underrated)
Avengers le
SM
Mustang
Xmen (would be higher if not for that dumb giant wolverine toy)
Potc (also underrated)
TSPP

#475 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Looking forward to seeing pics of IMVE from new members to the Club!

OK RobT and the rest of the gang, I am FINALLY back in the club!

Well, if you'll let me in, I guess?

#476 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

OK RobT and the rest of the gang, I am FINALLY back in the club!
Well, if you'll let me in, I guess?

We'll need to know your high score before we let you in.

#477 9 years ago

Put the new VE code in my original IM today...noticed a few added light effects. Most notably when launching the ball and when the war machine kicker fires. Very nice. Tried both settings for lamp style: incandescent and LED. I have ghost busting LEDs installed and couldn't tell a difference in insert lighting between the modes. Flash lamps suck on the LED setting though. They just come on solid instead of flashing or fading. Weak. Will definitely leave it on the incandescent setting. I also thought the quality of the movie scenes on the DMD went down...not 100% sure, but I don't remember them looking that bad before.

#478 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I also thought the quality of the movie scenes on the DMD went down

Is that possible? I love IM but the dots are pretty turrible.

#479 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Is that possible? I love IM but the dots are pretty turrible.

They did it to SM to save space...possible here too.

#480 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Put the new VE code in my original IM today...noticed a few added light effects. Most notably when launching the ball and when the war machine kicker fires. Very nice. Tried both settings for lamp style: incandescent and LED. I have ghost busting LEDs installed and couldn't tell a difference in insert lighting between the modes. Flash lamps suck on the LED setting though. They just come on solid instead of flashing or fading. Weak. Will definitely leave it on the incandescent setting. I also thought the quality of the movie scenes on the DMD went down...not 100% sure, but I don't remember them looking that bad before.

Is the Monger chest light on a separate flasher now, and if so I assume if I update the software on my original I would have to do a small wiring MOD to make work the same as the VE.

#481 9 years ago

So a new week starts. I wonder if any more IMVE are shipping to new owners.....

#482 9 years ago
Quoted from todler:

Is the Monger chest light on a separate flasher now, and if so I assume if I update the software on my original I would have to do a small wiring MOD to make work the same as the VE.

Didn't check, but I assume that is the case.

#483 9 years ago

has anyone checked the code version on their VE?

#484 9 years ago

Mine came with 1.81

#485 9 years ago

VE is 1.81. If you have an original use version 1.82.

#486 9 years ago

doesn't appear to be too much of a difference in the code, has anyone noticed anything major in their old games with new code?

#487 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

doesn't appear to be too much of a difference in the code, has anyone noticed anything major in their old games with new code?

Nothing major. Added lighting effects here and there are cool, however I think the DMD graphics may have been compressed because from my memory they look a tad worse.

#488 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Nothing major. Added lighting effects here and there are cool, however I think the DMD graphics may have been compressed because from my memory they look a tad worse.

Yep...I just read the read me. Looks like they "compressed some artwork for memory management" in version 1.6! That was when the quality took a hit a bit. I had been running 1.5 before this. Too bad. Oh well.

#489 9 years ago

Joining the club in a week or so, is there any news of anyone doing a new run of toppers for the VE?

#490 9 years ago

Joined the club today!

#491 9 years ago

Does anyone have a list of the rubber rings/posts needed to re-ring Iron Man. I'm looking to do clear rubbers.

#492 9 years ago

Are clear rubbers worth doing? Any got pics of an IM with clear rubbers?

#493 9 years ago

Taken from the Refinery thread. But I warn you... be prepared to be jealous if you venture into that thread. I'll never look at my IMVE the same again.
262114.jpg262114.jpg

#494 9 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

Taken from the Refinery thread. But I warn you... be prepared to be jealous if you venture into that thread. I'll never look at my IMVE the same again.

262114.jpg 58 KB

Everything they are having done to their IMVE, I am doing too to mine but more for cheaper. Same armor, same apron, modded figures plus I'm doing led flipper buttons, under cabinet led kit, decals, sub and headphone kit.

You can pimp yours too man. Pimping ain't easy but it sure is fun.

image-79.jpgimage-79.jpg

#495 9 years ago

Lol, that looks like my floor with all the stuff laid out waiting too.

#496 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Everything they are having done to their IMVE, I am doing too to mine but more for cheaper. Same armor, same apron, modded figures plus I'm doing led flipper buttons, under cabinet led kit, decals, and headphone kit.
You can pimp yours too man. Pimping ain't easy but it sure is fun.

image-79.jpg 184 KB

Dang Grinder that has to be $1000 + worth of goodies?

#497 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Its amazing how much money can be spent to upgrade these games. I plan on doing the armor down the road.

You know I would love to fit a red clear apron from Transformers LE on this game, I think that would look really cool.

#498 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

And all of that adds how much gameplay? That's why I always have a hard time justifying dress-up spending.

#499 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

And all of that adds how much gameplay? That's why I always have a hard time justifying dress-up spending.

I'm with ya on that one. I don't do upgrades unless it enhances game play. Everyone does likes it their own way though...

#500 9 years ago

Ha yea over a grand of mods.

Iron Man may just be a badass pin to most of you but I'm not the usual Iron Man fan. Some of you bought it cuz it was a good deal and wil prob be tired of it in six months to a year, ready to trade or sell it for the next pin. Not this guy. Have you seen my Iron Man arcade room?

The pin is a piece of playable artwork. And I plan on making her look badass to also go with the badass game play. Use the money you save on not buying the powder coated this or led that and buy another lower costing pin. Not this guy. Quality over quantity. Don't do any mods, do as many as I plan, it will still play about the same. It'll be hard to wipe the slobber and keep my boner out of the way as I play though.

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 24.95
There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.