Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by shanetastic
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

After I did the overhead X-Men video, I had a few requests to to my other games. Here is Iron Man. The video is a little bit off-center, but so was I when I recorded it. Beer good! Turns out in this episode that drunken Iron Man is no match for the Jericho missle system! But that is what I love about this game. When things go bad, I can't wait to start up another game and try again!

Remember to set to 1080p...

#2 7 years ago

War Machine is one of my favorite shots in pinball.
Can't get enough of it

#3 7 years ago

Wow, that looks FUN!

#4 7 years ago

I forgot how great the sounds and music are on this game. Thanks Shane.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

I forgot how great the sounds and music are on this game. Thanks Shane.

Yeah! An upgraded speaker system and a shaker are a MUST for this game. The sound is just incredible on this pin.

#6 7 years ago

I always thought IM needed a third flipper. When that ball comes down the right orbit it is just screaming for an upper flipper cross ramp flow shot.

Oh well, maybe on the LE!

Hoping someday I can trade my CSI + cash for an IM. Fun, good looking/sounding game.

#7 7 years ago

^ Interesting, Gary Stern said the same thing about a third flipper at the release part and I overheard it. I don't know what a third flipper could do though with the playfield layout how it is, and personally I'm glad it doesn't have it. I think that Tron makes a good use of one though from what I have seen.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

^ Interesting, Gary Stern said the same thing about a third flipper at the release part and I overheard it. I don't know what a third flipper could do though with the playfield layout how it is, and personally I'm glad it doesn't have it. I think that Tron makes a good use of one though from what I have seen.

I'm with you... I don't think I would want a 3rd flipper on IM. I like the setup just like it is. I have the right side 3rd flipper on Whirlwind and X-Men in my collection.

#9 7 years ago

Nice video. I'd suggest disabling the rear up post to really make the game flow even better and make the skill shot more of a challenge. Also maybe ad the right ramp reject post. IM is really a great game. Do or Die is a great challenge and very satisfying when u nail it.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Do or Die is a great challenge and very satisfying when u nail it.

Dang right! I managed to hit a near full value Do of Die shot the other day.

I actually do have that right ramp post ring installed, however, this IM was from the last run with the right ramp protector... shots that don't make it up that ramp are actually deflected to the left a bit when the ball rolls back down and hits the upper part of the guard. Also, if the ball doesn't even make it past the guard on the ramp, it is still further away from the ring as it rolls back because of the thickness of the guard vs a naked ramp. Therefore, the post ring doesn't help much.

Instead, when I am ready for it, like in single ball play, I give the machine a slap on the right side just as the ball is rolling back to the ramp guard to push it even further to the left and it usually ends up at the left flipper.

#11 7 years ago

Great video. IM is such a kickass pin!

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from GoBlue:

Great video. IM is such a kickass pin!

+1

#13 7 years ago

Love watching the vid man, thanks!

#14 7 years ago

The only time I seen it on location and got to play was PHoF in Vegas! Great pin! Thanks for sharing. Want to see some of that pristine condition "Whirlwind" another favorite of mine.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Want to see some of that pristine condition "Whirlwind" another favorite of mine

Ok! That will be the next one I do. Wait for it!

#16 7 years ago

Shane - can you share some info on the camera rig? Some friends and I are trying to set one up and cold use any advice you can share.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Shane - can you share some info on the camera rig? Some friends and I are trying to set one up and cold use any advice you can share.

Ha ha! Yeah... My rig consists of sandwiching my cell phone between a ceiling tile and the metal ceiling frame above the pin. Very low tech, but it works pretty good. I just do a couple short test recordings to get the angle where you can see from the flippers to the dmd before I do the gameplay recording.

#18 7 years ago

What's your high score on IM? Looks like you have the game pretty well handled.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

What's your high score on IM? Looks like you have the game pretty well handled.

My highest so far is 100,941,560, which included a near full value do or die shot. However I usually average 40-50ish. Not sure I have ever really had the game "handled," though! Sometimes it just says "NO!" ...and you end up with something like 10 mil (or less) and get seriously embarrassed in the process.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Want to see some of that pristine condition "Whirlwind" another favorite of mine.

Just recorded a decent Whirlwind video. It is uploading. It has another 2 hours or so to go.

#21 7 years ago

Yr Connection is SLOW 2 , huh !!

#22 7 years ago

I'm somewhere in the high 90's, but I have no idea how I got there. I can't seem to get close anymore.

#23 7 years ago

124mil without Do or Die here...

it was a marathon, i havent been able to recreate again

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Yr Connection is SLOW 2 , huh !!

Yeah, upload is slow on my standard roadrunner. Wish I was at work with that 20meg upload speed!

#25 7 years ago

I nudged my ipad while watching that video

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

124mil without Do or Die here...

That is a damn good score, especially considering no do or die. I will keep at it. One of these days, I will have to have a crazy good game again.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from shanetastic:

Yeah, upload is slow on my standard roadrunner. Wish I was at work with that 20meg upload speed!

I hear Ya Gray Heart , LOL !! I Have a Big Utility Room to Tile in the Morning , I was Gonna call Ya but I didn;t know if this was Yr week-end on Call ..CASH in Yr Pocket ,, but I'm Covered ..

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from shanetastic:

That is a damn good score, especially considering no do or die. I will keep at it. One of these days, I will have to have a crazy good game again.

30's and 40's too..

but lot of 3-10 mils as well...

IM is an ass licker !

#29 7 years ago

Kicker...roflmao

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

IM is an ass licker !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside