View topic image gallery

image-96.jpg
image-287.jpg
image-31.jpg
image-745.jpg
image-797.jpg
#1 9 years ago

A few questions before I add more LED's to my IM:

Flasher color for under the Monger ....?

Cointaker GI kit or DIY? If DIY any photos you can share ?

#2 9 years ago

Buy the hemi mod ! It is absolutely awesome ! I bought purple and it looked badass ! I highly recommend him .

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Buy the hemi mod ! It is absolutely awesome ! I bought purple and it looked badass ! I highly recommend him .

Purple it Is !!! Awesome mod ... I Wish I had my IM back ,, The BEST Stern Pin built 2 date
I'll B ,, i was wear-n my wedding ring , May of last year .. Dam tyme fly's

#4 9 years ago

I just bought the hemi mod. Got the purple one too. It's gonna be my first time with a soldering gun. Anyone have any tips as I solder this mod?

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

It's gonna be my first time with a soldering gun. Anti e have any tips as I solder this mod?

Don't burn Yr finger's , + U don't need to soldier w/ this mod .. Plug-N-Play as I remember

#6 9 years ago

I wish it was. Had I told him I didn't have a gun, he said he would have put some clips on for me. As it is, it requires a soldering. Should be interesting.

#7 9 years ago

Yup plug and play . Hemi does great work with his mods and makes it super easy . Just follow his instructions and you'll be just fine . I would also add a shaker to the game if you haven't already . It's a little unnerving drilling the hole to mount it but the results are fantastic .

#8 9 years ago

Oh yeah, shaker was the first mod I did then it was all four of Hooked's figures. It's a mod mod world

#9 9 years ago

I soldered the wires to some alligator clips and hooked them up. The mod is beautiful!!! So mad at myself for not doing it sooner. Can't wait for the purple led flashers to come in to put underneath the Monger. Thanks Steve!!!!

#10 9 years ago

Is the Hemi mod purple the dark pinkish/magenta purple in the ablaze LED style or is it the whitish purple of current SMD LEDs?

#11 9 years ago

Shit it seems to match the purple inserts perfectly. Not too dark at all

#12 9 years ago

Should have taken the glass off but oh well. It looks amazing in person

image-797.jpgimage-797.jpg

image-745.jpgimage-745.jpg
#13 9 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

A few questions before I add more LED's to my IM:

Flasher color for under the Monger ....?

Cointaker GI kit or DIY? If DIY any photos you can share ?

To answer your original question the LEDs under the playfield for the Monger are two 89's. I used the CT warm white 89 Flex 8's. Gives it a nice flash effect when the Monger is lowered.

#14 9 years ago

Hey Grinder...

Are those a magnet cliffy like protectors you have on there? If so, where'd ya get um?

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Should have taken the glass off but oh well. It looks amazing in person

image-797.jpg 226 KB

image-745.jpg 226 KB

And after all us said and done, you got your monger on ok? I still need to try this.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from jamespin:

Hey Grinder...
Are those a magnet cliffy like protectors you have on there? If so, where'd ya get um?

I got them from Cliff and his website. Looks beautiful and protects area around magnet. Very happy with them.

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

And after all us said and done, you got your monger on ok? I still need to try this.

Haha I sure did. He registers every hit and looks great with his arc reactor glowing. Every mod I do myself increases my self confidence and saves me money not having to pay someone to do it for me. Hell using the soldering fun was intimidating but I'm proud of myself for doing it.

I'm trying to install the tournament button next.

#17 9 years ago

Man, Steve from pinball refinery recommended these green flashers under Whiplash. Wow!!! It's so badass

image-31.jpgimage-31.jpg image-287.jpgimage-287.jpg
#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Man, Steve from pinball refinery recommended these green flashers under Whiplash. Wow!!! It's so badass

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the pictures and videos ....

I really like these green LEDs that I offer for Whiplash, the green that matches his insert just explodes from him during the game play.

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

image-31.jpg 184 KB

image-287.jpg 178 KB

Are they just standard led lamps or custom?

#20 9 years ago

Www.pinballrefinery.com

I don't think they are standard. They looked pretty intense. Check the site under Iron Man products.

#21 9 years ago

image-96.jpgimage-96.jpg

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

http://Www.pinballrefinery.com
I don't think they are standard. They looked pretty intense. Check the site under Iron Man products.

They are standard.

#23 9 years ago

Haha shows what I know

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

http://Www.pinballrefinery.com

Thanks, have to order the Iron Monger Hemi light mod when I am over the pond next year. Just making a list of what to order.
One dilemma is whether to get my existing armour stripped and powder coated over here, by a raw set and get it coated, or just buy a ready made set in Candy Apple red from Pinball Refinery.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

They are standard.

Quoted from Grinder901:

Haha shows what I know

Well actually ,the ones that I use for the Iron Monger mod are not standard LEDs. These are custom with a harness that I make that are located behind the Iron Monger himself.... If you don't want to solder and need alligator clips added to the harness, just let me know.

The two for Whiplash are plug in play and are only $3.00 each in green.

Thanks,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#26 9 years ago

Where is the best location to stick the LED's behind the Monger as far as height? First try and the Monger's feet got stuck .

#27 9 years ago

Took me a bit to get it just right but I basically put it behind the Monger's back somewhere between the small of his back and his shoulder blades. Came up by his left foot and worked it behind him from his right side. Steve's directions were detailed and very helpful.

#28 9 years ago

And the Flashers under the playfield? Have the purple refinery LED's.....what is a good match for the other two?

#30 9 years ago

You mean the flashers underneath the Monger? I bought two purple ones from the refinery

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 24.95
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-leds-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.