• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5321.jpg
DSC00033.JPG
DSC000340000.jpg
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

When I first played Iron Man, I hated it. I thought it was way too simple (TSPP was at that location before IM). I've warmed up to it now that I've played it in competitions, but I still can't see myself spending more then ~$2k for a nice one... so I doubt I'll ever own one. Tron though... I love it, hopefully I'll have a first run PRO in a couple years.

#52 11 years ago

So, in Summary, IM kicks Spiderman's ass in both the pinball world and Superhero VS Superhero.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

As much as I am an Iron Man "fanboy", the game could use some tweaks to improve it.

Agreed On one hand, I hope it gets some tweaks because it could make it even better. On the other hand, it's my favorite game ever at this point, so it isn't like it suffers...

I would like to be able to 'earn' an extra ball w/o hoping to luck into one. (This is my number one complaint).

It could use a real skill shot (w/o having to disable the post)

Agreed, and agreed. The skill shot could just be the "hand less" skill shot or whatever they call it on Elvis. I'd also love a Super Skill Shot by holding the left flipper button, and having the ball feed around to hit something - I would actually vote right orbit - immediately for bigger points.

The instant info is lacking. (OK, how many Drones do I need? How many shots to reach Whiplash? Do I go for it and risk it...)

This is my number one complaint about it. IM is such a technical game, and it doesn't allow you to really know where you sit. Another thing that would help is knowing what you have qualified for DOD, as once you qualify something for DODMB it is constantly flashing... but it may not be qualified for DOD that particular round. Not bad when you only have one thing lit, very confusing with two or more.

I don't like that double scoring timer counts down during the Jericho intro.

That is annoying.

I'd tweak down the Drone difficulty toward DODMB - just one round less! - as that one makes no sense to me why it is so hard like we talked about in that other thread.

I'd tweak a few of the animations. The Whiplash one for an instant flashes how many hits left I think, and then it is gone. Seems like a timing mistake to me. Also, depending on what is going on, it can take the game a little while to think and react to the situation. The best one I can think of is if you hit War Machine to start multiball and then immediately complete Monger to lower him, there will be a delay until the game spits all the MB balls into play before it lowers Monger.

It has a few tiny rough edges like that, which if cleaned up would make this game mind-blowing. I mean, I think it already is...

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Lets be honest, if IM and SM were to battle to the death, there would be no more peter parker.....therefore the IM pinball machine is better.

lol...yeah there is no way spiderman could beat ironman in a fight.

#55 11 years ago

I agree IM would beat SM in a fight but SM wins with me in the pinball world. In the real world we all win.

#56 11 years ago

Iron Man has almost nothing to slow it down. It is pure adrenaline. I wish the scoop in X-men did not exist as I think the game would flow so much better without it.

#57 11 years ago

I checked my audit's this morning before heading to work.
Just to further prove the game is a brutal beast.

Now have in mind I haven't had my game very long, 1.5 weeks.
Here are some of the audits after 290 games of play.

Average Ball time: 47 seconds
Average Game time: 2.31 minutes
Average Score: 8.6 Million

Ahhh ya, Iron Man is not a Marathon game. There is nothing to slow it down.

Lovin' it though. This is my kind of game, fast and furious.....Two words describe
Iron Man to me: ADRENALINE RUSH!

Let me leave you with this clip

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice lineup CG!! It's got keeper written all over it. But for some reason I don't think 1 or 2 of those pins are gonna make it to the new year

Probably true... I thought I had a quick trigger...

#59 11 years ago

I have an IM and SM sitting next to each other on location. People drop more quarters in IM. Some days a lot more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Mary, FL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-kicks-a-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.