• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5321.jpg
DSC00033.JPG
DSC000340000.jpg
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Can I just say that IM is simply an awesome game. It look as if it would be such a simple layout but man does it just go go go! It has to be one of the most deceiving games ever made. Who's with me?

DSC000340000.jpgDSC000340000.jpg DSC00033.JPGDSC00033.JPG

#2 11 years ago

I am.

#3 11 years ago

Nice lineup CG!! It's got keeper written all over it. But for some reason I don't think 1 or 2 of those pins are gonna make it to the new year

#4 11 years ago

dump x -men get a tron

#5 11 years ago

Let me know when you want to sell it CG.

#6 11 years ago

X-men is as good as TRON just different IMO. I would consider making some trades toward a Tron Le again. I let that one go to fast as well. Shock.... I know.

#7 11 years ago

Nice Stern line-up, CG.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Can I just say that IM is simply an awesome game. It look as if it would be such a simple layout but man does it just go go go! It has to be one of the most deceiving games ever made. Who's with me?

It sure is!!!.....The guy who you sell it to in a couple weeks is gonna have a great game.....

#9 11 years ago

Ok guys let em rip... I can take it.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Ok guys let em rip... I can take it.

Im just messin with ya. I know the feeling of selling a game shortly after picking it up. 8)...Did you get the Whiplash EL figure yet???

#11 11 years ago

I'd love to get those Red Legs, lockdown bar, and side rails for my Iron Man. Oh and yeah Iron Man is a BLAST!

#12 11 years ago

IM is unique. Almost an accident as who could predict how good a stripped down pin could be?

And only 1150 made so if you sell, may be hard to find another!

#13 11 years ago

I agree with CG, it is an awesome game - looks simple but a good challenge and fun

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And only 1150 made so if you sell, may be hard to find another!

Do you know that for sure, and that is total worldwide, hope so - nice to have great game in demand.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Do you know that for sure, and that is total worldwide, hope so - nice to have great game in demand.

See bottom of page..........

http://www.kimballspinballs.com/

#16 11 years ago

Love the line up! These look great, not sure how woz will look next to these though

#17 11 years ago

I want an iron man so bad.

#18 11 years ago

+1, I am with you.
Ironman is a very under-rated and highly addictive pinball machine and easily one of sterns best and can be a brutal experience but over time will make you a much better pin player.
It deserves more credit than what it sometimes gets.
I will never sell mine unless I REALLY need the $$$.

#19 11 years ago

IM Kicks ass for sure! I bought my first IM NIB the year of release, and put about 1200 plays on it.. I sold it about a year later to free up some cash for some other games, and I missed it the day it was carried out my front door. I immediately realized that selling it was a huge mistake, and told the buyer to let me know if he ever wanted to sell it back. He never did. About 6 months later, I went out seeking another and ended up buying another NIB IM last thanksgiving. Very glad I did! It was one of the last NIB IM's out there.

So IM is the only game I've ever bought twice NIB! It's that damn good!

IM is an amazing package, the theme, ruleset, gameplay, and sounds make it one of Sterns best (IMHO). This is one I can say "will never leave" and be pretty confident that I mean it.. after buying it twice NIB, I won't make that mistake again. I recently took all my armor to a powdercoater to get the red look and added the slide rails to the bottom of the game (got rid of the pegs) to help pimp the game out. It will look like an LE when I'm all done. I love the look of Coasterguy's IM, hope mine looks as nice when it's done!

As far as production, you never see IM's come up for sale. I think a lot of people didn't get the game when it was released, and by the time everyone realized just how good the game was it was out of production. I used to hear the argument that IM was "stripped down", but the fact is the game offers more to a pure pinball player than just about any fully optioned/toy filled game out there.

The funny thing is this- I remember the very first time I played IM (at Creature7's house), and from my first game I knew I had to have one.. I liked it that much. (I actually make Creature7 a cash offer while I was there, lol). I ordered my own about a month or two later and the rest is history.

Here's a quick pic, I LOVE my newer stern lineup!! And yep, I think Borg is a MASTER pin designer!

IMG_5321.jpgIMG_5321.jpg

#20 11 years ago

I agree, IM rocks.

I do not have many people over to play my games, but the few that do gravitate towards IM over LoTR, Whitewater and my older SS games.

Most people say "there is just something about this game..." or similar.

If only 1150 were made, that is pretty limited. Here is my bold prediction. IM will be worth $10,000 by Christmas.

Not gonna commit to which Christmas though . It could be Christmas 2075 where happy meals also cost this same amount of money due to compound inflation.

#21 11 years ago

its sooooo brutal though!!! ug. love/hate relationship. i'd like to get do or die..before i die.

#22 11 years ago

I believe IM is better than SM, I had SM for about a year and it's gone.. while IM is here to stay.

(that should get the SM fanboys going, lol).

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I believe IM is better than SM, I had SM for about a year and it's gone.. while IM is here to stay.

(that should get the SM fanboys going, lol).

I love them both but I am a superhero nerd and want to own all the MARVEL pins.... as far as a more intense playing experience that really leaves you rewarded and sometimes breathless when you do really well against it...IM wins hands down for me.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

its sooooo brutal though!!! ug. love/hate relationship. i'd like to get do or die..before i die.

I want to get do or die multiball before I die but I fear unless I tweak the settings to easy, outlanes to tight and set it on 5 ball I will be taking that wish with me to the grave and it still probably wont happen if I make the adjustments to make it easier.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I want to get do or die multiball before I die but I fear unless I tweak the settings to easy, outlanes to tight and set it on 5 ball I will be taking that wish with me to the grave and it still probably wont happen if I make the adjustments to make it easier.

I get Do or Die once in about every 20-30 games on factory settings, but I have about 3000 plays on this title and have pretty much mastered the ball control and have a strategy to do it. You'll get there, you just have to put the plays on it! And DOD is exciting every time, the adrenaline rush is awesome!

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I get Do or Die MB once in about every 20-30 games on factory settings, but I have about 3000 plays on this title and have pretty much mastered the ball control and have a strategy to do it. You'll get there, you just have to put the plays on it! And DOD MB is exciting every time, the adrenaline rush is awesome!

What???? You get to Do or Die MB every 20 to 30 games on factory software and outlanes? Even Bowen hasn't gotten to it, last I'd heard. You sure you don't mean Do or Die hurry up? If you're getting there every 20 to 30 games, you should probably go to PAPA and win, lol. There was even a post about the impossible nature of Do or Die MB last week.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I get Do or Die MB once in about every 20-30 games on factory settings, but I have about 3000 plays on this title and have pretty much mastered the ball control and have a strategy to do it. You'll get there, you just have to put the plays on it! And DOD MB is exciting every time, the adrenaline rush is awesome!

I will have to get you to send me your strategy, I would appreciate some tips.
I have owned mine from nib for nearly a year and have put about that many plays on it in that time. I'm a pretty good player but it just seems out of my league to get there, any help would be appreciated.

#28 11 years ago

I bought an IM in January thinking I would sell it this summer (as a short lived game)...... now 600 plays later, its still not going anywhere. I was surprised at how fun the game is and at how much I continue to play it as time moves on

#29 11 years ago

Yeah, I think you're thinking of regular DoD. The other is near impossible.

#30 11 years ago

I love my IM.

I frequently get to DoD and Jericho, sometimes at the same time! .....but never DoD multi-ball.

One of my favorite strategies is to get War Machine ready, raise the Monger, trigger War Machine multi ball and finish Monger. It always leads to a decent game.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

You'll get there, you just have to put the plays on it!

If you're seriously talking about DODMB, then no... no one really gets there.

I know a lot of the top players, and none of them have ever gotten it that I know of with factory settings yet.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Ya I call BS on this. Take the rubbers off the outlanes n put the glass back on next time. Do or Die sure I can see. Do or die MB once every 20-30 games??? Ya ok.

#33 11 years ago

IM does indeed kick some serious a$$!

#34 11 years ago

I do really like IM - my only gripe: lack of a skillshot..

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Slow launch into far right roll over lane.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Disable up post and it has a nice skillshot. Plays better with up post disabled anyways

#37 11 years ago

I believe he is referring to DOD as a mode and has mistaken it as MB.

We all know about DOD MB being impossible?

#38 11 years ago

Oh, and I agree, IM is better than SM.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Ya I call BS on this. Take the rubbers off the outlanes n put the glass back on next time. Do or Die sure I can see. Do or die MB once every 20-30 games??? Ya ok.

You're right, it was bullshit.. but I didn't mean DOD MB as I posted, but DOD as in the mode itself.

If you were smart enough you would have figured this out.

#40 11 years ago

Agreed

Iron Man is one of my favorites.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Disable up post and it has a nice skillshot. Plays better with up post disabled anyways

Didn't know about that. Sounds like that would improve the game..

#42 11 years ago

Iron man has everything a good machine must have. It´s fast, has great flow, rules are deep and the sound is amazing.

it´s a great feeling when i push the start button and the bass beats... I love this game !

#43 11 years ago

Iron Man is awesome! It feels like you go to war against this machine and I love it. Shaker and upgraded speakers are a must in this game.

#44 11 years ago

As much as I am an Iron Man "fanboy", the game could use some tweaks to improve it.

I would like to be able to 'earn' an extra ball w/o hoping to luck into one. (This is my number one complaint).

It could use a real skill shot (w/o having to disable the post)

The instant info is lacking. (OK, how many Drones do I need? How many shots to reach Whiplash? Do I go for it and risk it...)

I don't like that double scoring timer counts down during the Jericho intro.

and...
I am sure some of you have read my DoDMB diatribe (Which if I could earn some extra balls, this one may go away)

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

it´s a great feeling when i push the start button and the bass beats... I love this game !

If you haven't hooked it up to an external sub already, do so and then you'll really enjoy the bass

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

I don't like that double scoring timer counts down during the Jericho intro.

This literally jumped happened to me and it was frustrating. That would be an easy fix.

#47 11 years ago

Lets be honest, if IM and SM were to battle to the death, there would be no more peter parker.....therefore the IM pinball machine is better.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Lets be honest, if IM and SM were to battle to the death, there would be no more peter parker.....therefore the IM pinball machine is better.

That's your honest opinion, I disagree.

#49 11 years ago

If only IM and Radical could have a baby... I'd adopt it and name it, Avengers!

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

That's your honest opinion, I disagree.

Oh what, you basing that on his tingling spider sense? IM has lasers that cut people in half!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-kicks-a- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.