Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Lethal_Inc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Yeah but when it costs like $5 for 3 games - well that's 33c a ball and sometimes I only got to enjoy those balls for a minute. And extra balls are as rare as hen's teeth. Pretty hard on the wallet.
The great thing about pinball though is what one person hates, another loves and there are games out there for all tastes.

IM was built during a brief period in Stern's history when they tried to shorten ball times and virtually eliminate extra balls. They did this because operators were complaining about long game times. Well, it worked. IM and BBH typically had short ball times on location. A medium to loose tilt and/or lack of pitch was the only hope for a location player. The thing that kept you coming back was that it's a one ball game. You can get to DOD and Jericho in one ball. If you got 55M, I'm guessing you got to Jericho. After only 13 games, that's not bad. Read up on the rules and give it another shot. I try to progress war machine slightly faster than whiplash, start war machine, then bring in (stack) whiplash.

Quoted from centerflank:

I find most location games, especially in my area, pretty lackluster. Im always hesitant to drop coins in.

Have you ever considered putting one or two of your games out? If the competition is trash, you'll be the best operator in town.

Quoted from centerflank:

Nothing like playing a freshly waxed game with the switches all properly adjusted.

Waxing an IM won't make getting a replay easier. He's talking about a location game anyway. Not sure how he's going to wax it or adjust the switches.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Except...I have to go back next week to kick it's arse - I'm not going to let it beat me!!!

Attaboy. Make that sucker pay. Bring it to it's knees.

All IM's deserve to be treated that way. Every last one of them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-is-not-a-fun-game-on-location?tu=phishrace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.